Old 10-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default How 'bout a Halloween Challenge?

Okay everyone, we are comming into the holiday season, and I for one need help!!!

Last year we all seemed to good with Holiday Challenges, so I thought I'd start one this year. With this being October 1st, this will give us a whole month to work on getting ready for the REAL holiday season. I mean with our eating and weight under control, and feeling good about ourselves.

The rules are this: There are 4 parts to the challenge

1.) Keep your eating under control. As we are all on different plans, you have to be your own judge as to what this means to you,

2.) Drink your water. Again you are your own judge, if you set a goal of 64oz a day, then drink at least 64. If you know you can not drink 64 set your goal at 50, or 36 or whatever,

3) Exercise Try to do some type of exercise every day

4.) Write it down!!! Journaling is the hardest thing for me to do, and I can never write down everything I eat, but I do intend to keep a journal of the challenge, what I'm eating, what I'm feeling, and how I am handling it.

At the end of the day add one point for each goal met, and if you meet all four give yourself a bonus point, for at possible total of 5 points a day.

At the end of the month we will see who has the most points, and who has lost the most weight.

Anyone want to join me?

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:28 PM   #2  

Barbara,

I would like to join...I can't believe no one else has...I started my new healthy lifestyle on the 19th and I am still going strong. I am watching my calories and fat and just cooking healthier and making healthier choices. I love drinking my water....I sometimes will have sugar free Kool-Aid but I haven't been drinking any sodas. My exercise mostly consists of walking a mile and a half every night with my husband and son...and our two dogs. I also do weights and sometimes get on my elliptical trainer....shooting to do it more...maybe three days a week. I enter my food log on Fitday.com I guess I could start writing how I am feeling so I can look back at it. Look forward to posting my progress.
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:44 PM   #3  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Hiya Barbara & Andrea - I'm up for this Spooky lil' Challenge ... may I join you?

The hardest thing for me will be to journal - when I started I was very good at keeping it up, but have to admit that I've slacked on it the last month or so ... I'll just have to commit myself to doing it again, huh!? And since I am an emotional eater, jotting down my feelings will be very interesting ... can't wait to see those myself!

Ok ladies ... let's get this started!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:54 AM   #4  
Hang In There

Well that may be a little "too thin" but who knows Anyway thanks for joining me. I am off to a slow start, but I fully intend to correct that and be serious this whole month, then go from there

Welcome to both of you and any others who want to join us
Old 10-04-2005, 03:55 PM   #5  

Default I'm IN!

Hello All,

I'd love to join. I am definately up for the challenge. I started a healthy eating plan about 2 weeks ago and so far I am down 8lbs and I am excited about pushing ahead. I currently LOVE working out at Curves. I plan to go there at least 3 times a week for weight training and on other days of the week I plan on using my workout tapes or walking around the track near my apartment. My favorite workout tapes are the Walk away the Pounds tapes. Good Luck Everyone!!

<HUGS>

RainbowBrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:19 PM   #6  
Pound by Pound

Hey ladies ... just thought I'd check in!

Rainbow :: Glad you've joined us! Sounds like you're having a wonderful start - Congrats to you on 8 lbs lost ... That's excellent!
I wish I had joined Curves, I'm sure the 'one on one' support is pretty awesome - instead I joined a gym just down the street b/c they have Water Aerobics, can ya guess how many times I've been to a class? LoL ... BUT, I do go to the gym for weight training and the treadmill - I'll make it to a water class soon!
I've read of others on another board that I belong to talk about Walk away the Pounds, but I'm not clear on what they are really ... is it a video that you step to or something?

Hey Texas, you'll be proud to know that I've been using my journal today! Yippie!!

Andrea :: Just wanted to say HEYA - hope all is well!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:07 PM   #7  

Rainbow--- Welcome!!!! Looks like we started about the same time with our new healthy lifestyle and our weight loss is comparable. I am going to weigh in again on Friday.

Stacye---I love doing water aerobics...Unfortunately the gym that offers water aerobics is too far out of my way. Looks like we are neighbors....I live in Huntsville, AL. My husband graduated from UT so he would love your big orange T. That is great that you did your journal today.

Texas--- Hope you are doing well. So, are we suppose to post daily what we did or how did you want to do it?]

I did good today with my eating until I went to WalMart and had some trail mix....which is much better than a candy bar or ice cream but I know I ate more than the 1/4 cup serving. I am about to do 30 minutes of cardio and then I will do my nightly walk with my husband and son.

Let's take it day by day and pound by pound.

Have a good night!!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:26 AM   #8  

Hi everyone,

I'd like to join your challenge. I'm new to the boards, so I'm a little unsure about how everything works. Do we keep track of our points ourselves or post them every day or what?

Right now I'm very motivated and I'm hoping being a part of the challenge will keep me motivated.

Journaling will be the hardest part for me, too...I guess I'd rather not think about what I'm eating, but I guess that's what got me here.

I started a food plan (WW) on Monday, and have been going to the gym every day but Sunday for the last week. I don't think drinking water will be a problem for me because I've been working on that habit for a while.

Well, I look forward to hearing how everyone else is doing!
amylizmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:28 PM   #9  
Pound by Pound

Amy :: Welcome!! Congrats to you on losing 7 lbs WTG!!
I'm not sure about posting the points, now that I think about it - that hasn't really been addressed... personally I think it would be a good idea to post them daily OR post them when we can.

With that being said ... Here is my point list for this week!

M = 3
T = 5
W = 3

I'll post my posts for today in the morning as the day isn't over and I have plans to go to the gym this evening.

Andrea :: Hey neighbor! I actually noticed that you were in Huntsville the day that I joined this group - I got a little excited b/c I used to live in Huntsville (years ago) and I had a friend whose name was Andrea ... but then I looked at your prof and you're a few years younger than me so I knew it wasn't her ... BUT, that's ok b/c now I have a new 'friend' in Huntsville named Andrea! *wink*

All right now ladies ... where the heck are ya?? ... Come out, Come out... wherever you are!

BBL to check in!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:06 PM   #10  

Well girls...Hope all is going well with you guys.
Welcome Amy....Congrats on the 7 pound weight loss.
I am very motivated as well and I hope that you will stick around and let us know of your progree and of course we can all support each other in our journey.

Stacye...Looks like you are doing pretty good with the challenge. Keep it up girl!!

Well tomorrow is the big weigh in...I am weighing weekly. I will be sure to let you all know how it goes in the morning.

So far this week my points are as follows:
Monday 3
Tuesday 3
Wednesday 5
Thursday 5

Andrea
Old 10-07-2005, 07:43 AM   #11  

Hi everyone, thanks for welcoming me!

Here are my points through yesterday:

Mon: 3
Tue: 3
Wed: 3
Thu: 3

I'll start that blasted journaling today and hopefully keep going with it.

Monday is the day I'll weigh-in, so I'll let everyone know how that goes.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:50 AM   #12  
Hang In There

Sorry I've been MIA this week, but sometimes life gets in the way. I will post my points for the week tomorrow. I have to admit that I haven't been as OP as planned. I've had to go into work early and used that as an excuse to not go to t he health club and exercise!!! And journaling hasn't been too regular too. But I am TRYING!!!

Congrats to everyone who is loosing. I plan to weigh tomorrow too. Keep up the good work/

Old 10-07-2005, 09:24 AM   #13  

Well I weighed in this morning and I am proud to report that I have lost another 6 pounds. I am soooooo excited. This gives me even more motivation for this next week. Stacye and barbara--what days do you weigh in?
Amy-- Look forward to hearing your results on Monday....make sure you let us know.
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #14  
Pound by Pound

!! HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES !!

Andrea :: 3 for you!! 6 lbs - Excellent - you should really be proud of yourself girl! Keep up the good work! And GREAT points - give yourself another pat!!

Barbara :: We totally understand about life getting in the way - my DH & I are in business for ourselves, so being able to post is a little easier for b/c I always have a computer around! And don't feel to bad about the gym either - my DSS is on Fall Break for 2 weeks and he's in Florida with my DH's parents, so I thought I'd be at the gym everyday ... boy was I wrong! I've only made it once and I'm bummed, but I've done the best that I could do - 2 morrow is another day! YKWIM?? GL with weigh-in 2 morrow ... I'll be thinking about ya!

Amy :: Woohoo! Good job on the points girl! I'm going to challenge myself next week to have no less than 3 days with 5 points!!

As for me ... here's an update on Points

Monday = 3
Tuesday = 5
Wednesday = 3
Thursday = 5

I know I said that we were going to go to the gym last night, but things just got so busy and I wasn't able to go - BUT I did make some time to do some stepping at home - I don't like doing them that much b/c it's hard on my ol' knee, but I did them and I got my heart to pumping good!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT Friday ... I'll be back in a bit to check in!

YaY for the Losers!!

ETA :: Ya know Andrea I totally stink when it comes to weigh-ins ... I weigh myself every morning - I know that's NOT a good thing to do - I did move the scales into the kitchen hoping that would help ... but it hasn't! How do you girls refrain from weighing everyday? I really need some help with that!

Last edited by ** Stacye **; 10-07-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:15 AM   #15  

Here's my update:

Mon: 3
Tue: 3
Wed: 3
Thu: 3
Fri: 5

Barbara: Good luck with the weigh in
Andrea: YAY! 6 lbs.!!
Stacye: I put my scales out of sight so I won't get on them every morning, either in the closet or under the bed or something.

I'm a little worried about my weigh in on Monday. I've been staying OP and exercising every day, but I just don't feel like I'm losing.

Our AC has been out for 3 days. I know it's October, but its around 80-85 degrees here everyday (southeastern VA) with about a million percent humidity. It's supposed to be fixed today, but I doubt it will be since its raining. Argh! Oh well, that'll probably help with the weight loss.

Keep up the good work everyone!