Old 10-21-2005, 11:39 AM   #1  
On my way d * w n

S/C/G: 316.5/245.5/135

Unhappy New here *sigh*

I just found this forum today and am amazed at all the helpful, encouraging information to be found!

I am not new to weight loss by no means. I think the only time I was at a "normal" weight was when I was born. I am just so tired of being like this and I figure this will be my last chance at trying. I have a big problem of coming up with excuses to validate what I eat (one more won't hurt, don't want to see it go to waste, etc.) or to not exercise (too cold, too hot, rain, etc.). Why do we do this to ourselves anyway? And DH is no help. I've asked many times for his help and even last night, he brought me some chocolate (my downfall) and when he handed it to me, he said "I know you're going to be mad at me". Well, it didn't stop him and it sure didn't stop me from eating it!

I am back into the 300's and its not a fun place to be, which I'm sure many of you know. This is my first post here and usually the hardest one for me but I really need help from somewhere since I don't get it here at home.

Thank you all for listening to my whining. Would someone please slap me and get me going?
dustybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:52 AM   #2  

Hi Dusty...Welcome
You have found a great place to help you get motivated to do something about your eating habits.. But you know that it has to come from within, no one else can give you the 'want' you need to get there.
I've been going on my journey for years and have come very far. But not too far to remember how bad I felt at 216. I was down, depressed, ashamed and unhappy. Once I started doing the right stuff I started feeling better, almost right away.
All you need to do is pick your plan and stick with it. Make small goals (5 pounds) and with each goal your find motivation to make the next one.
YOU can do this........again - welcome.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

dustybaby, welcome! Always nice to have new members around! Come join the discussions in the latest numbered thread (300+ and Ready to Try Again...#774)--TONS of helpful support and advice in there!

I am in a slightly similar situation as you (I started at 310.5 pounds). When I tell my boyfriend that I don't want to eat out as much or that I don't want junk food in the house or whatever, he complies for a while, but then we start going out again and the cycle just continues. He doesn't do it on purpose--he loves me, and he thinks going out for dinner is a nice thing for us to do together, so he's not purposely trying to sabotage my efforts. sounds like that's how it is with your husband, too--most women would be excited to get chocolates from their man! I'm he doesn't do it to purposely thwart your weight loss efforts; he's just a typical guy who knows nothing about what we women are going through on the inside
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:07 PM   #4  

Welcome dustybaby!! Like Jill said come join us in our latest thread #774. Tons of support there. We are all in this battle together!!

Andrea
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 01:07 PM   #5  
wannaBaloser

Default Welcome

Dusty,
You have found a great place to get all the verbal support you can use. Everyone here has been so kind. You will have to find the strength within yourself to resist all the temptations around you. If your husband wants to give you something and is unable to think of anything but chocolates, help out by giving him some better choices for you. Tell him what you really want is ...some nice perfume...some pretty flowers to cheer you...a nice cup of ...tea, coffee......a really great backrub......a footrub........do the dishes for yur or a movie rental ........ Or buy it yourself and show him what HE got for you. Going out for dinner?? great.....just plan ahead what you are going to have and be firm with yourself.......if you need to have a cup of hot broth before you go to take the edge off your appetite ( I use that all the time) The suggestion of aiming for a 5 lb loss at first is stellar, and then do it again and again.

best of luck,
wannaBa loser
wannaBaloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 05:37 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Welcome Dusty!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:53 PM   #7  
On my way d * w n

S/C/G: 316.5/245.5/135

You all have given me some great answers! Thank you all for the welcome. I would have never thought of getting DH to do other things instead of the chocolate. DUH! See, I think I got that slap I was looking for! Hope you all have a wonderful evening.
dustybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:24 PM   #8  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Dusty!! I'm pretty new here myself ... in fact, I've yet to join the 300 + thread - but I'm going to right now ... hopefully I'll see ya there!

GL on your journey ... You can do it!!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote