Old 08-28-2005, 01:06 AM   #16  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Ammi...

You brought up a critical concept in your last post. You mentioned a "diet/lifestyle change". In order to appreciate long term change you have to change your entire lifestyle. If all you change is your eating, you will eventually cease to see change, which increases the likelihood of reverting back to old habits. Being on a Diet implies changes only in food and quite often deprivation. I'm yet to run into someone who is happy on a diet. The word diet is so often indicitave of something that is short term (I'll diet until I lose 50 lbs.) and is also indicative of someone making unsatisfying sacrifices and feeling resentment due to external limitations.

It is only through changing your lifestyle (and by you I mean the general you) that you can start to full appreciate and take ownership for substantial longterm change that is likely to be easily maintained.

Best of luck with your plan...keep up the great work. The women here have ben phenomenal cheerleaders and motivators to me through my process. I have been on WW Core now since February 2 and have lost 66 lbs. My primary focus has been on food management and awareness but the time has really come for me to pay more attention to my physical activity and exercise if I want to keep seeing results.

Have a great rest of the weekend...
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Julee Claire, I totally agree with everything you said. I think the hardest part for me with changing my lifestyle is eating what I should eat when I go out. I think for the most part if I am sitting there with a salad while my family stuff pizza I will still feel like I am missing out. Oh yes I know I could have a slice, but I would still miss out on the other 5 slices and the yummy dessert afterwards. It's only early days of my diet, so I am hoping that over the weeks it will feel like a lifestyle change more and more.

Wll done on such a great weight loss in such a short amount of time, you must be so proud of yourself. A real inspiration, thank you.

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:55 AM   #18  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I totally understand how difficult it is to stay OP when everyone else around you is indulging all of their food whims. I am very lucky that my BF has been doing WW with me and that most of the people I know are also eating healthier. My tastes and preferences in food have also changed drastically since I began WW. Things that appealed to me before no longer hold temptation..or at least not as much temptation.
And believe me...I'm not sitting around starving on salads...but I'm also not eating cheeseburgers and fries either.

Keep on plugging away...and express to those closest to you that your success will be easier facilitated with their support. Maybe instead of going for pizza with them, you could go somewhere that offers grilled chicken.

Best of luck...Julee
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #19  

Hi again Julee, I am so glad you are doing so well and have the support of your BF. My hubby needs to lose weight, but not as desperately as I do. He is dieting in his own way which tends to be, eat a healthy breakfast, nothing for lunch, then he eats a couple of sandwiches while cooking the evening meal. And the evening meal is normally a healthy one. I am following the WW points plan and I bet even though he isn't eating regularly he will still lose weight quicker than I do! He also isn't totally motivated, and quite often says let's get a take away. Or take out as some call it. Normally I say yeah, and eat whatever we order. But now if he does get a take away, well I won't eat it, maybe some boiled rice if it's chinese that I can put with something low fat from the cupboard. I really feel I am in the right frame of mind to make the lifestyle change now, I just need to be very strong when it comes to certain hurdles.

Thank you for your support, it's amazing what a difference it makes to talk to people who totally understand where you are coming from and can offer advice, or be an inspiration etc.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-28-2005, 12:28 PM   #20  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies! The whirlwind continues around here. One of these days, I will have an entirely normal week and I won't know what to do with myself. Our busy season is getting ready to start at work, so I imagine I will be working a lot more. Oy!

Welcome to the new ladies. Feel free to post - this time of year tends to lead towards less posting as people try to fit in the last "hurrahs" for the summer. Everyone will eventually be back I'm sure!

As of today, I'm now down to 329lbs! Not bad, considering I'd been back up to 337. Slowly but surely, right?
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #21  
goddess in the making

Hi everyone, I have not been here since the end of February, my how time flies!!! I am ready to start again tho, so here I am!!
I am glad to see many women working together!!!!! Congrats to those who have already lost some weight, and cheers to us who are starting agian brand new!!!!!!

Last edited by blissful; 08-28-2005 at 01:54 PM.
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 06:54 PM   #22  

Hi Brandnewme, hey you and I are at the same weight now, although of course you have already worked hard and lost the lbs to get you to that weight, good for you. It's my start weight, so my hard work is just beginning.

Hi Blissful, nice to meet you. I love this site and the helpful supportive people on it. Good for you for starting again, I am sure you will lose that 100 lbs, we will do it together.

Everyone, especially anybody in the UK, do you know where I can buy a huge bath robe, terry towellng robe? Evans never sells them, well not when I think to look for one anyway, and I hate the one I have now. It's ancient and it only closes around my boobs. Not good if I want to answer the door straight from the shower lol. So if anybody knows where I can get one to fit a size 32 then I would really appreciate if you could let me know.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-28-2005, 10:06 PM   #23  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Hello everyone and welcome to all the newbies. I haven't been keeping up with this thread for the past several days. Been at the hospital where my dad had a double bypass and a heart valve replacement. Everything went well and he is on the road to recovery.

My eating has been OK through this, except for today I grazed quite a bit on Cheetos and candy. Not much exercise either, but I intend to get up early tomorrow and get in 30 minutes on the treadmill before I go to work tomorrow. It will be quite a feat to do that. I am so whipped from being at the hospital for hours on end the past several days.

I'll try to post individually next time. I'm just way to tired right now.

Take care everyone.
Xena2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:19 PM   #24  

Hello Xena,

nice to meet you. Sorry to hear that your dad has had to have such drastic surgery. I hope his recovery will go well and that he will be home soon.

Good for you for not using such a stressful time as a reason to overeat, I don't know if I could be so strong. Good luck with exercising in the morning, don't push yourself too hard if you are still tired from the stressful time at the hospital,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-29-2005, 12:45 AM   #25  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Vicki - Congrats on the 27 down! and Lilion, Holy cow! 60 down - terrific!

Catherine, I'm glad the storm missed you! I've been watching Katrina in horror for what those folks are facing. Can you imagine coming out of the SuperDome after a few days and having the city you knew - GONE!? All those old wood structure in the historical parts of the city blown away, and everything else destroyed by the floods. Unbelievable.

Anyway, I haven't been posted lately because I've been truckin'. We bought a new truck this summer and hubby put a new and bigger fridge on it for me & my "diet" food. I had prepared chicken and veggies and healthy food for while we were on the road, but that dratted NEW fridge died already and all the "Good" food had to be thrown out. I've been at the mercy of Wendy's and the truck stop diners. Also, it's been SOOO hot and humid where we've been that I've been very bad about not getting out and walking. Nevertheless, I think I've either held my weight about the same or maybe even dropped a pound or two. But I'm still scared to go home and look at the scale there. If I don't gain anything back, I consider it a victory!

I've discovered that carbs - esp. bread - are serious triggers for me. The other day we ate breakfast at McD's. I had the egg, cheese & ham out of an egg McMuffin (the dog got the muffin) and their fruit salad & OJ. That fruit first thing in the morning had me craving anything and EVERYTHING all day. I knew what it was, so when I felt myself slipping towards the Krispy Kreme display, I managed to vere off and grab slim jims and cheese sticks instead. I overdid it, but I tried to stay away from any more sugars that would only turn the snowball into an avalanche of binging. It was a horrible feeling though. I used to have cravings like that ALL the time. I couldn't walk by a HoHo without leering - ever! But at least it's SO much better now that I can stay away from my triggers... most of the time!

Still only about 30 pounds down, but not looking back!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:42 AM   #26  
goddess in the making

Hi everyone, glad to see these 300+ threads are still going! xena, sorry to hear about your dad...
and yo folks who have lost any amount of weight!!!!! woo hoo for you!!!
I am starting brand new again, but as long as I keep starting, right???

I just love these ticker thingies too!!!! sooo cute, right?!!!!

Happy Monday everyone, keep focussed and be good to your selves!
blissful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 06:51 AM   #27  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

UGH, Monday...

I am tired and not looking forward to this week at all. I know I should be more positive, but I just don't have the energy to be positive at 6:49am I came in to find a Lesson of a WBT (Web-Based Training) module that we're writing on my chair with lots of markups. That means I didn't do a very good job on round 1. It's my first WBT, so I knew I'd have corrections/additions/deletions to make, but I'm really just not in the mood to have to do actual work today and of course, after I finish with the corrections to this lesson, I have another lesson to write, then a brochure and fact sheet about power wheelchairs to re-write now that new regulations were officially released on Friday, then add our internal SME edits to the wheelchair fact sheet, then learn the new Time Management database for the CMS contract (just installed on my computer on Friday, and now I'm supposed to be in charge of it, though I've never even seen it before), then get started working on the personnel section of the upcoming recompete for our biggest government contract...I'd really rather just curl up and take a nap And, to top it all off, I have to work at Ruby's tonight, tomorrow night, and Wednesday night, so no napping till at least Thursday, and no more than 5 hours of sleep a night till then, either. Nah, I won't be grumpy all week or anything...

On a lighter note, I did eat a little better than I normally do on my planned off-plan weekends. That means I at least shouldn't have to play as much "catch-up" as I usually do after such weekends, which is good. I just want my TOPS weight book to actually say LESS than 280 (the scale said 279.8 last week, but they round up if it's over .75, so my book still says 280).

I had a KILLER headache on Saturday. I really don't know where it came from--I was fine when I got up in the morning, but then it just started pounding a little while later. I felt bad because I was really grumpy with Jeff, so I tried to sleep it of, but I only napped for about 20-30 minutes, and it still hurt when I woke up again. I don't think it was a migraine because it finally went away after a few hours. I also can't take anything besides Tylenol because I am allergic to Aleve, Asprin, Advil...anything other than acetominophen, basically, will cause me to go into a full-blown anaphylactic shock (it's happened once before--not pretty), so I don't have a whole lot of options for headache medicines. I normally just try to ignore the stabbing pain in my head and sometimes, I'm even successful.

Well, I think that's about enough whining/babbling for this morning--take care, ladies!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:15 AM   #28  

Hi All,

Well there your go, one weeks's diet over and done with, woohoo. I always find the first week one of the hardest! I don't know what I may have lost because I am not weighing, I hate the scales. But I know I must have lost something, and that's enough to keep me going.

Valerie - never say you lost only 30 lbs, any weight loss is brilliant. I would be shouting that from the roof tops if it was me. Well done.

I hope everybody has a great week. I went shopping today and bought some ingredients for some of the nicer weight watchers recipes from my recipe book. It will be nice to have a variety of foods so I don't get bored.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 08-29-2005, 01:16 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone, I don't get this filling up on slim jims (what are they pls?) and cheese, would'nt some fruit be better, if I'm out for a bit I always carry a banana or two in my bag or a low -cal, high fibre bar. I'm glad I found this thread, I was 300lbs (think, I'm british we work in stones) and now I'm 275 lbs. I's such a slog, a marathon rather than a sprint, it's great to read all of your posts they are so inspiring!

regards,
sharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:26 PM   #30  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Slim Jims are basically a dried meat snack (think beef jerky or pepperoni). A Slim Jim and cheese might be better than fruit for someone who is on a low-carb diet (or just watching their carbs at all). Fruit, for some, can even be a trigger food because it is sweet and may cause them to crave other sweet things (candy, cake, ice cream...), so a Slim Jim and cheese isn't always a bad snack idea
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote