Old 07-31-2005, 12:08 AM   #16  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

I meant - Alison, you're going to do GREAT at school!

Also, one other little note on water weight: Salt is EVERYWHERE! I've been trying to cut back on it this week by staying away from olives, salted sunflower seeds, and stuff like that. Then I realized I was eating hard salami and ham, and getting salt in places I forgot were filled with it. At least I stopped before I ordered the chili at Wendy's and got the fruit salad instead. At the wedding today, I had a small chicken breast and a pile of snap peas, skipped the macaroni, egg rolls and pastries... O.K., if you must know I did have 4 bites of cake, but it WAS a wedding for pete's sake!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 12:47 AM   #17  

Hey All, I am new and just wanted to introduce myself. I am 29 live in Cali and am DEFINATELY in this group...LOL!!! I am soooo excited to be here. I noticed this site a few years ago but didn't take advantage of all that it had to offer.

There are a couple of places where I have gotten swimsuits in the past. I don't think I am alloed to list the site here but I guess if you PM me then I can give you a few of them. I just got two suits in fact. I am "kinda" following what Hippy said in the respect that I have been swimming a few times this summer. BUT, I bought a suit that covers my whole leg almost (and takes forever to dry) because I don't like my legs. I have switched over to wearing no sleeve tanks...I have quite the tan too!!! To heck with what people think or say!!!

I am soooo looking forward to hangin with all of you!!! Congrats to all the losses i've seen!!!!

I look forward to getting to know you all better!!!

Hugssss All,
Buggie
babybug1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:12 AM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Buggie: You can list the sites, just don't post "links" to them. For instance, you can say Avenue.com, you just can't put in the link to it.

And BTW, if you're shopping, you can use the links on the main 3 Fat Chicks page and then the site will receive a bit of revenue too which helps to keep the site running.

Valerie: From what I know of Curves, yes, there is some sort of arrangement that you can use other locations. I just don't know if that goes all over the country or just with certain francises or what. You'd have to check when you go in to inquire about a membership.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 02:50 PM   #19  
Catherine

S/C/G: 446/389/200

Height: 6'2

Good afternoon ladies!

I have a quick question for those of you that count your calories. Do you use a book? Or is there an online site you use to get the number of calories per serving? On those items that do not have the nutritional info, I mean. I'm just wondering what the best source of info is for that. Like for my veggies and meats and such.

Its such a nice day here today. I'm hoping to go for my walk later today, a good 45+ minute walk around our lake, which is about 2.5miles. I'm trying to get one of those in every day. Its proving difficult but I'll do it
BrokenButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 05:00 PM   #20  
Shadiepurple

Talking

Greetings ladies . Hope every one is staying strong . Weekends can be so tough. Seems family stuff always has something to do with food . I've been lucky this weekend cause the friends I spend the most time with are all of the same family and every one has had a lap band put in or is dieting in some fashion . We went to a restraunt yesterday and the waiter was frustraited with us because we look like a harty bunch of eaters and every one orderd things to share . Boy did he look like he couldn't belive this many big butts were ordering from the lite menue and then sharing stuff. The only normal eaters we the kids and they ordered from the kids menue . We got a kick out of his disapiontment. He paid so much attention to our group and kept asking if there was any thing else. He came back 4 times pushing desert. It was great we were able to feel stong instead of weird and as if we stood out in the crowd. We were the crowd. There were 9 adults and 3 kids. he brought all the orders in 2 trips. I really had a great time . We were nice with tips so he was smiling when we left, but I'm sure he won't be hoping we come back...hahahahahah

B-Butterfly: Thanks for sticken with us. I have no input about the cal. counting web site but would like to hear what you learn. Hang strong girl.

Babybug: Welcome to the fun house. We share all kinds of good stuff . Please ask any questions. Chances are some one here has been there, done that at some point . Post all kinds of updates here. I love to hear everyones great stories . Happy or sad. Again WELCOME .

Valerie: Thank you for including me in your post . I love getting support like that . Even if we don't have the "BIG CURE" for each other, the fact that some one heard the words helps beyond belife. Your on the road alo aren't you?? That has got to be tough . Keep in touch. I'll try to help you feel connected to us . Enjoy your life .

Hey Dogpal of mine: Whats new?? I hope your fighting a good fight . I know I'm knocking myself out with this battle of my buldge.teehee. Hows papa doing?? My prayers are with you. It's been unbelievably hot here . I'm guessing it's hot at your house too. I have a good friend who lives in Nampa. She pretty isolated, maybe you two could chat. Pm me if that sound interesting to you. If not, no worries, I haven't said anything to her yet. It was just a thought I had right now. . Take care and battle on my friend.

Congradulations to every one. Lose, battle, or chace the wagon,we all deserve a big hug.
shadiepurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:52 PM   #21  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Sunday evening and time to relax. I did alot of cleaning and some organizing in my house. Trust me, I need to get organized!! I watch alot of HGTV and I guess I got inspired by watching some of their organizing shows.

I did not go to check out the new gym like I said I would. Well, not in person anyway. I got some info online. The water aerobics classes are not during a time I can go. But, I could still use the pool to do laps. The shocker for me was the monthly fee....$60/month! Curves is only costing me about $24/month. Then again, I paid my car off this month, so I've got some extra disposable income now. I keep thinking the pool would really help me. My feet are absolutely killing me all the time from the weight. I was out shopping today and all the walking really did me in. Makes me sad, because last year at this time it was not like this for me. Basically, I put on about 100 pounds in a year and have been hovering here around 295 for the past 3 months or so. I am glad I have finally stopped the gaining, but clearly my body is screaming for me to lose weight.

NoLifeWithoutHorses - I don't know the specifics, but yes, you can go to other Curves gyms besides just the one you sign up at. There is some sort of "travel card" thing you have to get from your home club and then you can work out somewhere else if you are travelling, etc. When you go check it out, ask for the details.

babybug - Welcome to the group! Love your little puppy dog. Too cute!

BrokenButterfly - the best site I have found for calorie information is nutritiondata.com. You can put in a food and it will give you all the nutritional data in the form of the nutrion label you see on packages on the grocery store. Also, they have nutritional info on several fast food places. And it will tell you how many calories you burn for various activities. Tons more info too. Definitely a great website to check out.

Last edited by Xena2005; 07-31-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Xena2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:05 PM   #22  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hiya Ladies!

I realize it's been a hit or miss type of thing with my posting, and I apologize. I have a lot of stuff going on still. It seems to never end! BUT! I have great news on two different fronts. First of all, I'm back down to 333 rather than the 337 I was up to again during my TOM. I can accept that, and I can get rid of that pound and then some. And, along with that, I started taking my measurements in April. April 4th to be exact. Anyhow, I finally took my most recent set of measurements today, and I am proud to announce that I have lost a grand total of 12.75" since then! I've lost inches everywhere except my calves.. oy!

And, for the most excellent and most important news: I believe I'd mentioned that, prior to my car accident, I was in nursing school and had to stop due to the injury, and my ortho not wanting me to put that much pressure on it. Thursday, while I was at work, my ortho came up to our floor to check on one of his pediatric patients. He saw me, gave me a weird look, and told me to make an appointment for Friday - no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I did, but I dreaded it because I was just sure he'd have something negative to say. But, rather than get on my case about my weight again, he checked over my ankle (a pin may have to come out in the next year - eek!, and it is swelling a bit, and there's a pretty much constant moderate amount of pain) and said it looked very well, all things considering. He then approached the weight topic. "How much did you weigh when I saw you in November?" I told him that I had to be 356 or more, and he nodded. "How much do you weigh now?" So.. I told him that I'm down to 333. The look on his face was priceless. He asked if I plan to continue trying to lose weight, and if I plan to look into gastric bypass. I informed him once again that gastric bypass isn't for me, but yes, I do indeed intend to keep trying to lose weight - but most importantly, I intend to continue making my lifestyle healthy. He started scribbling on a prescription pad, and I thought, Oh boy.. if he tries to give me any weight loss pills, I will spit in his eye! Anyhow, he finished scribbling and handed me the script. I looked at it, and I know that I must have looked like I was about to faint, because he wrote an okay for me to go back on full duty at work, AND he wrote an okay for me to resume nursing school.

There are rules, obviously. I can't get back above 340lbs. I have to follow up very regularly. I have to make it a point to get to the gym at least twice a week, and he said he will be checking very closely to make sure I'm paying attention to that rule. Part of that is because he wants me to do another round of physical therapy, and the gym he wants me to go to is part of the hospital's health and fitness group. Sooo.. either this semester or next, I will be starting back to school!
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:21 PM   #23  
aka Valerie

Buggie, I'm pretty new, myself, but welcome to the mix. l admire that you've been out swimming this year. I don't have much opportunity living on the road, but probably wouldn't have the guts QUITE yet. Right now I still don't like my husband to see me without clothes. It happens, of course, but I don't like it.

Thinthinker & Xena, Thanks for the input on Curves. I know I want to join, but I'm not sure if I'll do it in October when I'm home for a couple weeks, or wait until Dec-Jan when I come home pretty much for good. I'm looking forward to it. I was always physically pretty strong until these last few years, and I know it will be a shock to learn just how much muscle I've lost, but once I get started I think it will feel really good to build some muscle mass.

Shadie - Loved the story about the frustrated waiter! We aren't on the road this second. We came home for my beautiful niece's wedding on Saturday (I did good and stuck to lots of snap peas & a small chicken breast from the buffet, and only 4 bites of cake), and tomorrow I have my first appointment with the hooter masher... the dreaded mammogram. I'm also having ultrasounds done on a few of my girlie parts. After that we'll be hitting the road for a pickup in Niagara Falls heading for Mississippi. I'll stay in touch the best I can on the road. Sometimes I'm offline for a week if we're busy, but I'll keep checking back!

Xena - I know what it's like to put on a bunch of weight so fast you can't believe it happened! The first year on the truck I gained about 60 pounds. I knew I'd put some on, but though it was 25-30. When I got on a scale and was over 300 for the first time I was horrified. That was a few years ago, and we can see that I didn't do enough about it. I think I actually topped out just under 350, but I was avoiding scales so don't know. We're on the right track now though!

Three months ago I couldn't go to the barn and clean more than one stall - and THEN somebody else had to dump the wheelbarrel for me. Last weekend we were home and I did almost the whole barn myself - 14 stalls - and dumped every load myself. Today on the treadmill (which started at 1/4 mile, sometimes a 1/2) I did 26 minutes and 1.2 miles. Everytime I do something I couldn't do before I started makes me feel GREAT! It's hard when you know you're loosing, but you can't even see a difference yourself. At the wedding my MIL asked how much weight I'd lost. I was shocked, but REALLY pleased!

Best health to everyone. And believe me, if I can do it - YOU sure as shootin' can!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:33 PM   #24  
aka Valerie

Good grief! BRANDNEWME! I'm so sorry, I meant to say I'm glad you're healing and even gladder that you've got the ok to go back to full duty at work and to school!!! WTG on the healthy living!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 06:48 AM   #25  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, everyone, and Happy Monday (hey, we can pretend, right? )!

Whew, I survived the weekend with my parents and sister and boyfriend all staying in my little 1-bedroom apartment. My parents and sister got me a 40-gig iPod for my birthday I'm actually listening to it right now, though I have only loaded about one-twentieth of my songs onto it so far. My parents also got me a real vacuum cleaner (the one I had was one of those "electric sweepers" and wouldn't pick up really heavy things like, umm, the feathers from my feather pillows ) and this thing called a Magic Bullet (it's like a food processor/blender/chopper thing). My sister also got me an indoor grill (not a George Foreman brand, but it has the removable grill plates so I can throw them in the dishwasher--yay!), so I made out like a bandit! Plus we went out to eat at PF Changs on Friday night (SO good!) and Maggiano's on Saturday night (even better!). Maggiano's was very expensive (the bill for the 5 of us came to about $170, plus I left a $30 tip, so about an even $200), but my sister and I covered the bill since my mother's birthday was July 26. However, after my parents left, I discovered $100 in cash that they left for me on my kitchen counter. Jeez, can't they just let us do something nice for them?! I split the cash with my sister since we had split the dinner.

All in all, a great weekend. Great food, great gifts, no fighting with my family, and still a little alone time with Jeff yesterday after my family all left As far as dieting, HA! I obviously overate (how could you NOT at such great restaurants?!), but at least on Saturday, we spent about 5 hours walking around a big mall plus another hour at another mall waiting for our reservation at Maggiano's, so lots of walking. I also had water with every meal at the restaurants instead of soda (well, I had soda once, but I also had water with it, so less soda than usual). I hopped on the scale this morning to find myself up 2 pounds, but that should be flushed out with plenty of water and getting back on my normal exercise and eating routine. We'll see if it had any lasting effects at my official weigh-in on Thursday, but I think I'll be okay by then.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:51 AM   #26  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Thanks Valerie! It's an unintentional award for busting my butt and trying to get this weight off. Now, at least I have several motivations and it won't be so hard to keep going!

Wow Jilly.. sounds like you had a packed weekend. Glad you had fun though! Everyone deserves a day or two off, and like you said, you should be fine once you get back on your normal routine.

Hope all you ladies have a wonderful day! I'm off to work
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:30 AM   #27  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Good morning ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. After a busy weekend at work i am off today
Happy (late) birthday Jillybean! sounds like you had a fabulous time
Brandnewme: congratulations on all the good things happening to you. You can do anything you want if you believe in yourelf
Welcome to all the new posters. you will find some very special and sweet people on here, that will motivate and help you through some difficult times.
To everyone that post here, ( an im sorry, sometimes i dont single out names) you are all special and wonderful women. we all have unique qualities and gifts that we bring to this world, and i thank you all for the gifts you give here,, like your wonderful advice and friendship
everyone have a great day! I am going to see charlie and the chocolate factry tonight, has anyone seen it? i hope i can avoid the popcorn, lol.
futurediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:06 AM   #28  
Spiritual Crone

Good morning all! I came here first thing to get some encoragement for my day and I must say there's a great group here. Went camping over the weekend and I have mosquito bites everywhere!! I actually went an entire weekend of camping and didn't have ANY potato chips!!! I stuck with fruit and wholesome stuff!! Wow, that's amazing for me. I am learning that for me, being prepared with the proper foods will make my road to success much more smooth. Hope you all have a great day and be strong!!
Brenda31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:15 AM   #29  
aka Valerie

Yes - Happy belated, Jill!!

And yes, FutureDiva - I saw "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory". I liked it a lot - Johnny Depp put a weird but neat twist on the character. I just read an article on the squirrels - they had real live trained squirrels for most of that part, only a little computer generated animation. I thought that was cool. My diet that day started with SF Jello w/ strawberries and a little FF whipped cream, then I spent the day at the barn doing stalls and playing with horses and was starving when I came home, but before I got dinner my girlfriend suggested the movie - so dinner was sno-caps and buttered popcorn. Needless to say, Jello, chocolate & popcorn aren't quite the balanced diet that we strive for, but hey! it was a chocolate movie. I was back OP the next day.
I hope you like the show, and hope you do better in the snack department!
Old 08-01-2005, 10:39 AM   #30  
Inch by Inch, Its a Cinch

Hiya!

Just wanted to check in this morning and say hello, especially to all the new posters! Being new myself, I can say with all honesty, the people who post here are a great support system!

Got the husband off to a conference in Portland, OR so I am a bachelor-girl for the week. I had forgotten what it was like to be by myself! I got groceries and ran some errands yesterday and it felt WEIRD to be doing it alone!

Feeling pretty good about my food choices over the weekend (except for a little indiscretion with some chocolate ) and for the week . I just wish that I could find more yummy recipes that fed two people! I hate wasting food.

So, back to the daily grind for me! Have a GREAT day everyone! I'll try to check in a little more this week!
netekay is offline   Reply With Quote