Old 06-21-2005, 04:51 PM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Solus, that is a HOOT!!! OMG, can you believe the stuff they'll put on t-shirts these days! I love it!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:06 PM   #17  
Leanne

Hehe love the shirt Solus

Barb!!!! So good to hear from you again! I've missed you!

Lilion so sorry to hear what happened on your weekend - and the sunburn, and your poor little dog!! My dog was pulled through our fence last year by a bigger dog (he knocked off one of the boards to get at him). Indy rolled over to his back (being submissive) and this other dog actually bit him on his tummy and privates because of it ... poor little thing. He was scared of our back yard for a while after that. The day I knew he was over it was the day he marched up to that piece of fence and cocked his leg on it!!

Well my baby steps are working. Down 2.2 this week. I'm just happy that I've been able to keep up the exercise bike all week without my knee swelling up! We went to see Madagascar last night - funny movie, although I think a couple of the little characters stole the show!

Hope everyone is fine here - we just went through the shortest day of the year yesterday, and I can't imagine swimming!

Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:02 PM   #18  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow..lots to respond to...

Synn...I HAVE MISSED YOU!!! So glad to see you back again and congrats on WW and 10 lbs..that rocks!!! I am so glad I have stuck with it...at my lst WI I was down 51.5 lbs...some weeks I lose a lot and some a little..but persistence pays off!!! IM me sometime so we can chat and catch up.

Doxie...I have had the same problem with TOM (aka Flo) coming 4-5 days early...and sticking around until it's the normal time to leave. I have a Dr's appt soon and I am going to inquire about it again. I am sure that it's weight-related and hormonal so I am not losing sleep over it..but it did puzzle me the first time it happened.

StartingOver...just my 2 cents worth here...don't skip yout first WI. It sets a bad pattern..that any time you think you aren't totally with it or you are scared of the scale you can just skip. There are weeks that I am convinced that my WI will be the pits...and I am pleasantly surprised. Ultimately it's your call, but I would urge you to go to your scheduled WI and see how it goes. PLUS it's a good way to determine if what you did in week 1 worked for you. Good luck either way.

OtherJen...I have been slowly removing things from my closet and adding newer (SMALLER) things in their place. I have a slew of size 26 pants (super cute stuff too..and never altered) and skirts that need to go bye bye. I am loving wearing 22's and 20's...and buying tops on the regular side of Target and not on the Plus Size side. In fact today I was wearing a belt around my hips that when I bought it was onthe 2nd hole (barely), then after I started WW on the 5th hole..and now it's HUGE and cannot be worn in the loops any more. But now I look trendy...whee!! Anyone want a size 26 wardrobe?

You know...it's funny...I was so pissed when I had to start wearing a 22...now it makes me happier...whodathunk?

Solus...BEST T-shirt EVER!!! I saw one recently that said "I eat carbs" I want that one too. I like funny tshirts. My favorite is my "Uh Oh Spaghettio's" shirt but I get obnoxious comments about it. Poo.

SueMarie...My computer is deathly slow and I couldn't open your page with the pice earlier but I will try again. I am so looking forward to meeting you this summer...is there anyone else out here reading this in SoCal who wants to meet up?? Oh I need to talk to you about someting..IM me some time and we'll chat.

Hope the rest of you are doing well...Lilion...I cannot believe that so many things can go wrong in one weekend...just remember to breathe.

Happy Tuesday!!! Lord it's hot.
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:36 PM   #19  
It's gotta be the glasses

Height: 5'8"

Hah! I'm tempted to go have a shirt like that made if I can't find one! Huh, the strange thing is, I am a survivor so to speak, but I'm not sure if people would believe me. That was a few years ago and I never did look much like a victim of the disease.

I used to work at a custom T-shirt shop, and we had some crazy stuff go through. . .

Once we had a larger gentleman come in who complained about seeing all these tiny people wearing shirts that blatantly said XXL on the front (which was the trend at the time) when they obviously wore a small or medium. He asked us to make him a shirt that said XXS on it! The same gentleman came in at a later time with his daughter and he had us take his picture as he was making a really mean face. We put it on a shirt for his daughter with the phrase, "mean people suck."

Anyway, I posted my funky new hair on the picture thread. . . well, is it me?
esmaraude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:21 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Well...I made it through getting really bad financial news. I passed the choclate in the snack machine with grace and aplomb. Then there was some crap at work that sucked really really bad! I passed the mexican restraunt on the way to get myself a healthy turkey sandwich instead....with barely a 2nd glance. Then my fiancee gave me MORE bad news and I was so depressed that I decided the only thing to keep me from going chocolate mad would be wearing myself out at the gym. It was getting into a wreck on the WAY to the gym that sent me home to order a pizza and open a big bag of dark choclate.

Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:43 PM   #21  

I have had a pretty good day, spent some time in the pool doing water aerobics, enjoyed my Coke Zero, and got a big bag of cherries at the store for $1.48 a pound, not bad at all!! Solus, you had a wreck? i hope you are okay!!
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:45 PM   #22  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hello all!
I guess, for the moment, I'm the new kid on the block. Thank you to Thin & Determined for the warm welcomes. It's taken a little while to learn to navigate the site - but I finally made it!

Solus, I'm so sorry you had such a rotten day - good thing it's almost midnight because I KNOW tomorrow will be better. It has to be!

I started my weight loss journey back on May 9th, 2005, at a weight of 331. So far I'm down to 308, and for the first time, I'm still doing well and staying enthusiastic. I've gone a little off a couple of times - last night I met with a very old friend I haven't seen in ages and had REAL buffalo wings and some carrot cake - but lately that doesn't knock me off track the way it used to. Today I'm back on track and ready to go back to losing more weight.

I find I can do things I couldn't two months ago, and even the things that make me huff and puff, aren't as bad as they were. Today I'm finally wearing my wedding ring for the first time in a year or more, and that's an important milestone for me, even tho my 1st "goal" is still 9 pounds away.

I've been reading through a bunch of the posts lately, and I'm SOOOO impressed and inspired by the success of others here. It's just incredible! It's great to know that it CAN be done, and to find a group of people so committed to getting it done! So let me start by saying CONGRATULATIONS to every one whose been working so hard and lost weight, and THANKS for sharing that victory with those of us who need to hear about it.
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:13 AM   #23  
Oooo Silly Me!

Thinthinker – Yeah the pool is refreshing. We put the solar cover on it so we could swim later in the eveing today. We just got out about 8:30 p.m. Pool was 96 degrees!!!

Synn – Dancing is a great way to exercise especially for 3 hours heheheheh! Congrats on the 10lbs!

Esmaraude – Hey I bet your hair looks great! I had Burgandy/Maroon streaks put in back in December, however they faded so now it’s a brown red *pouts* but the streaks still look good when I scrunch my hair. I have naturally curly hair so that helps a lot hehe…

Doxiemom – Yeah, I’m so glad we got the pool. I really wanted an in ground, but it just wasn’t worth the money. It’s so much cheaper to buy a house with a pool in it already. So I can wait! It’s good exercise and it’s fun and refreshing for those hot summer nights. We’re going through a heat wave right now, hopefully will be over soon. Pool comes in handy now! I wish I could take my dog out for walks. But the time half a block comes she’s dead lol. I wouldn’t have much of a teacup left if I did with her everyday

Starting-Over – Don’t you love confessions? I have a few that I could make as well. Like I haven’t been really sticking to my good foods list, but have been staying within my calorie budget, just eating more fat than I should be. I’m curious tho, do you count calories? Points? Carbs? The pool is great, I’m excited with getting the rest of the yard done tho. Be nice to be able to sit out on a patio on the cool nights and bring out my telescope and look at the stars.

Theotherjen – Congrats on reaching a smaller size. I can’t wait. I’ve reached one point from 30 to 26/28 and I’ve sorta hit a wall… Keep up the good work!

Julee – You got it! As soon as I see you I’ll IM you hehehe. I’m working on a webpage that has just thumbnails. I didn’t realize how slow the photo album loads up.

Well ladies… I did a few laps today in the pool. I think I got to 14 before m arms gave out. I swam around for about an hour tho playing with the kid and big kid (fiancé) Hoping that I will be about to increase my consecutive lap record each time I go in. We shall see

Take care everyone…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:23 AM   #24  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default To: AngieB From: NoLifeWithoutHorses

I just wanted to say HI! I just joined 3FC fairly recently - I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate the site - but there were a bunch of things in your bio that caught my eye.

I love Prevention magazine - it has such a variety of helpful hints and encouraging articles. I'm with you on the music, too. I like everything from Rod Stewart to Tracy Chapman to David Arkenstone, not to mention Brahms or Reba McIntyre - it all depends on my mood.

I'll have to take a look at the J.D. Robb series you mentioned. Is that fantasy/sci-fi? I'm into Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series myself right now, when I'm not reading horse manuals or diet stuff.

Above all, I LOVED your Bonapart quote!

I'm very sorry you lost your mom so young. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for your family, and I'm sure that your siblings were very fortunate to have you to care for them. But you're right - it's time for you.

No one knows better than I do how the weight just sneaks up on you over time. I was at 331 when I changed my eating habits in mid-May, and I'm down to 308 so far, so I'm in for a long haul. I wish you a very successful journey to better health, and a lot of personal happiness on that path as well! If you'd ever like to chat, or if there's anything I can do to help, feel free to drop me a line.

Valerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieB
Just using common sense Changing my
eating habits using a book by Prevention magazine ....

FAV.BOOK(S) -the J.D Robb "In Death" series just to name something.

FAV. QUOTE - "The only Conquest that endure or matter are those over ourselves."
Napoloeon Bonapart on Elba Island

Angie B
Old 06-22-2005, 02:48 AM   #25  
Determined to Lose!!!

Red face

Hello Everyone,

Just dropping in for a moment. It'll be quick - this is pre-work chat

About the anoerexia t-shirt, I have to admit, I think it's hilarius but I wouldn't really wear it publicly because it just wouldn't be kind to real anoerexics. I mean, I've always felt like You're anoerexic because you're afraid of looking like me (and that ain't right) but anyway it's sort of poking fun at a serious condition. I don't know, I think I would just feel a bit guilty.

Lillion, I never got to say sorry about your sucky weekend, it just seemed to be a comedy of errors! Well, you might think it's funny now... or are you still traumatized? I'm glad to hear your little doggy is alright; I was really afraid for him/her when you first conveyed the attack. And what about you? Is your skin alright now?

Sue, I keep meaning to check out your backyard so I can die of jealousy in peace Hubby and I are trying to move, just to have a garden and it sounds like you and James have created an OASIS. And you live in California as well! Ah... stress relief!

Damn... last week I was just thinking I wish I could swap clothes to you all or at least give mine away. I'm a clothes addict so I have all kinds of cute stuff. I'm confused about my size though because at home I have always worn a 22, when I gained weight I would creep over to the 24s, but here in the good old UK I feel like a real whale wearing a 26! Even though I'm still wearing a lot of the stuff I bought at home. Also, I'm finding that the clothes I have are getting really loose and I went shopping on Sat for a nice workout outfit, thinking surely I could buy a 24 - no cigar. Go figure? Sheesh... how much weight will I have to lose to drop a size? Also I was a bit mad when I saw that someone (here I think?) weighed 312 lbs and wore a smaller size than me! Well, I am ridiculously short. This could be the problem.

Solus, gosh your day really seemed like a test of your patience. In my opinion you passed with flying colors. I hope the car accident wasn't too bad? Is your car ok? Are you Ok? Don't beat yourself up over the pizza and chocolate.

Dogpal, where are you? I miss you!!!! Audrey??????? I miss you tooo!!!!!

OK gang time for a shower and some comfy clothes!

Stay strong,
Tammara
BIGGIRL27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:56 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

To those who asked:

Thanks for the concern. I'm ok, and the car only has a broken tail light. All in all it wasn't that serious. It was just the whole, kick a dog while it's down thing.

Well, despite my pizza and chocolate and Saturday's indescretions, I am still down 4lbs for my weekly weigh in.

Is that as good as it could have been? No....but all in all it's still pretty good.

The funny thing about last night is I ordered one large pizza. But they were having a special for buy one get one free...so I got 2 pizzas...but when I got there they were out of large dough so they gave me THREE medium pizzas. I only ate 4 slices out of one pizza...I have no idea what to do with the other 2 pizzas.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:30 AM   #27  

Good morning!!!

hippygoddess-Yay for 2.2lbs gone...I am so glad that your baby steps are working

JuleeCeeS-I am going to see if I can alter my dress pants. I have had to do that with a few blouses...it wasn't professional but it was functional at least

esmaraude-I love the hair color...I think that it totally suits you

eeyoredja- you lucky thing...I adore cherries but they are like 3.99 a pound here

NoLifeWithoutHorses-Welcome!!! I know where you are coming from...I started in Jan at 330 and I feel like a different person now. Congrats on being able to wear the wedding ring again...pretty soon you are gonna have to get it sized down smaller

SueMarie301-thank you sweety...you just keep at it and you will get past that wall (hmmm where is that sledgehammer at?)

Solus- I am glad that you are ok...and that the damage was minimal...I got hit this March and my week old car was in the shop for 3 weeks...I think I lost a pound in tears alone

as far as the pizza is concerned...even thought I hate wasting food...I would throw the extra ones away...out of sight out of mind, ya know?

Well I am slacking and I really should get back to work..have a great day and I will check in later
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:00 AM   #28  
DoxieMomx2

Good morning, ladies! This one will be a quick one. I don't have a lot of time in the evening after VBS and my 2 mile walk. Finally turned the home computer on last night (after about a week without checking my e-mail) and had 72 e-mails!! Took the only spare 30 minutes I had to clean it all out. Am doing well OP this week, and determined to get that 2 mile walk in every evening. With the humidity so high here in KC, MO, I'm already sweating like a little piggy before I ever leave VBS (we are doing it outside), so by the time I get through with my walk, it's straight to the shower as I can't stand myself!!

Solus - I would have done the same thing. You held out really well until the wreck. Although instead of pizza, I probably would have went for my standby - Pepsi and M&Ms! You hang in there, don't beat yourself up over it, and get right back on that wagon!

SueMarie - I did manage to check out your pics on the home 'puter last night. It looks so cool! (My favorite pic is you on the tractor!) And for my fur babies, they are my "mid-life crisis" children! They are absolutely spoiled rotten. They can do the 2 miles, although they've had to work up to it just like I did, but they can't do it every day. I bought an actual dog stroller off of e-bay a couple months back and I alternate days on leashes and then in the stroller. You wouldn't believe the comments I get from folks who hear them barking and finally realize its coming from the stroller!

NoLifeWithoutHorses - A big, warm welcome to you! I also love J.D. Robb's "In Death" series. I have recently started reading them and can't get through them fast enough! I also can't wait for the next HP - The Half-Blood Prince - to come out on July 16. I've already reserved a copy at Barnes & Noble. I also love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. They are hilarious! As you can tell, I love to read.

JuleeCees - Yea, not sure what is going on with TOM. Came four days early and doesn't seem to want to leave! I had an endometrial ablation about a year and a half ago, which is suppose to keep me from having to have a complete hysterectomy within the next few years, so I don't have a "flow" but my body still goes through all of the normal symptoms - bloat, cramps, ect. This time, I actually had something show-up (which I was SOOOO not happy about after a nothing for a year and a half) and the other symptoms were over the top. Oh well, nothing we can do but deal with it! Good luck at your doctor's appt.

To everyone else - I really must get back to work, so have a great day and keep moving forward!
DoxieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:07 AM   #29  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

Well, another day - another day! It's looking up though...no hearings for Lilion today! I just have to type on my backlog of decisions. A relaxed day at the office.

I was running SO late today and had no time to pack up lunch or eat breakfast. Ended up grabbing the 4 oz of sirloin left over from dinner last night and putting it on toast for breakfast. I figure a big breakfast and I won't be so starving by lunch. We were kinda "bad" last night. DH is home this week, preparing for the festival I mentioned, and he didn't set anything out to thaw for dinner. We used a bogo coupon for Ponderossa. Two 8 oz sirloins - which we only ate 1/2 of, a baked potato, which I ate about 1/2 of with the tiniest smidge of butter, texas toast...okay, I ate the toast, and the salad and food bar...yes...I ate that too...but not too bad. Salad, a piece of chicken with the skin off, some kinda fried corn nugget things (which I know are fattening but I love them), a tiny bit of spaghetti and meatballs and fruit for dessert. God! That sounds like so much food written down! Now I feel worse about it. How did it look like so little last night? I've been just starving this week since that camping trip...don't know why but staying OP has been a real challenge!

Wow Solus, what a crappy day! Glad to hear you're okay. I'm not surprized you ordered pizza! I'd have probably drank some beer with it! Now, today is a new day - take those pizza's to work and donate them to your co-workers. If they're anything like mine, they'll swoop down and devour them in no time!

Biggirl: Sizes are the strangest thing. I'm still wearing my 24's although they're huge. I have a pair of capri's though that I've worn for years! I know I gained 50 lbs and was still wearing them and now that I've lost 40 they still fit. And they aren't even stretchy. I always say I'm just very squishible at this size. And I was trying on pants the other day. At one store a 20 was fine...in another a 22 was a bit snug. Who knows. I also have seen ladies on this board who now weigh more than I do, but who are buying smaller sizes - and I'm 5'10"! I don't get it! The little dog is really ticked off at having to wear a lampshade on her head but otherwise is fine. As for me - I ITCH LIKE CRAZY! This burn/tan/blister/peel thing is driving me nuts! Not like you can go around scratching at the office...besides - my back is the worst and I can't reach it!

SueMarie: Oh, nice pool! My little back yard just won't fit one.

Nolifewithouthorses and Eeyoredja and all the other newcomers I've missed: Welcome, welcome, welcome! Sounds like you are both well on your way!

esmaraude: I really like the new hair! I wish I'd have been brave enough to do something bold with mine when I was younger...now that I am I'm 41 and in a fairly conservative office! I think the bright looks good - and it'll fade, of course.

Leanne: Sounds like our doggies have something to talk about maybe they should start their own support group. The funny thing about my poor little Buffy is that she's always been antagonistic toward big dogs. Dogs littler than her are fine, but big dogs she growls at. At the event, she even stated growling and pulling toward a Great Dane and Great Pyrenees that were penned up at someone's camp...How stupid is my dog? But when she got attacked she wasn't doing a thing! She was playing with her little friend dog and didn't even see the big one coming! I guess now she has good reason to dislike big dogs. Congrats on the loss! Good for you and your baby steps!

Well Ladies, just because I have no hearings doesn't mean I have nothing to do...so I best get to it! Onward and downward!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just peeking in for a quick second, then off to work I go.

First off:

D E T R O I T B A S K E T B A L L ! ! !
GO Pistons! Go Pistons! Go Pistons!

Sorry, I'm not really a sports fan, but these are the CHAMPIONS going for a repeat!!!

Solus: What a terrible day! Glad you're ok. THROW THE PIZZA AWAY!!! I agree with Jen: "Out of sight, out of mind". Get rid of the temptation.

Esmaurade: Your hair looks GREAT!

Lillion: Sorry about your awful vacation and your puppy getting hurt. Glad everything is going to be ok.

Doxiemom: Good for you keeping up with the walks. You GO GIRL!!!

Tammara: I agree with you on the T-shirt. As funny as it is, the disease is NOT and it would definitely be a slam to those suffering.

theotherjen: Isn't it nice to be so close to your goal of getting a bike. That's wonderful! Funny how we can't see ourselves thinner. One of the mods has in her signature that she will get herself a flatscreen monitor at a certain weight. I think we have to keep those goals in focus so that will will actually accomplish them.

Valerie: Welcome to our little corner. Glad you found us over here.

eeyoredja: I haven't tried the Coke Zero. Does it taste like regular Coke? At this point, I'm not sure I could take that sweetness, I'm so used to Diet Coke with a squirt of lemon to take that bitter after-taste away.

Julee: Sounds like you're terribly busy lately.

Leanne: Congrats on the loss. You're right, the baby steps ARE working.

Kari: Keep up the great work exercising. You're doing great!

brandnewme: Glad to see you checking in and keeping the threads updated.

synn: Glad you're back and it sounds like you're doing great!

I think that's everyone from this thread. No time to go back any further, sorry.

Honey and I had a lovely dinner out last night at a local steakhouse. I had Parmesaen Encrusted Whitefish. It was served with a nice salad, grilled veggies and a baked potato. YUMMY!

I've been doing my own baby steps for the past week and a half. Last week I had a big salad for one meal each day last week. I started off each day with oatmeal sprinkled with cinnamon. I also started leg lifts in bed before I get up because I can't get up and down off the floor. Monday I was down 4 pounds with just those two changes. This week I've added more reps to what I'm doing with my legs and the scale continues to travel down a little every day.

Just a quick note on the clothes swapping. Don't forget that 3FC's does NOT have any responsibility or liability in those transactions and the powers that be don't mind it happening as long as NO MONEY is exchanged.

Well, my dears, it's time to get some paperwork done and hit the road. See you all later. Love ya bunches.