Old 06-03-2005, 10:59 PM   #16  
DoxieMomx2

Not many posts tonight. Thank you to all who gave me words of encouragement on the scale cautostrophe. Well, I have still stayed OP to the tee this week, and I still feel fat. I'm going to be so disappointed if I gain tomorrow after all my hard work this week, but will really do me best not to get so discouraged I binge.

Lilion - I agree with you. As your in the midwest too, I think it's something to do with our weather. I swear when the barometric pressure went up, so did my water retention. Oh well, have to accept it and keep moving forward.

Biggirl - Temtation is really hard when you're out at a function with your friends and family and you're the only one "making a life-style change" with food. Just try to do the best you can and keep a positive attitude!

Jilly - HUGE Congrats on your raise. That is wonderful that you won't have to work so many jobs anymore. You can finally give yourself the break you deserve. Go celebrate and pamper yourself!

Animequeen - A big welcome to you. You have done wonderful so far on WW, so get right back on track and keep going!! I too am doing WW and have done well so far (we'll see tomorrow). The ladies on this forum are wonderful. This is the place to come to find support, encouragement and inspiration.

dolfingirl - Congrats to you!! Losing 2.4 is SO much better than gaining 2.4. A loss, is a loss, is a loss... take it and run with it.

Time for the hubby to call from work, so need to run. To everyone I missed, take care and have a great weekend.
DoxieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 01:24 AM   #17  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey everyone

Lilion – yes, I’m hoping that with all the yard work I will drop those pounds off! I should get one of those scales that do the .5’s and .3’s and stuff, mine is just a dial scale. I have been looking for a digital one, just cant find one that is not to expensive heheh.

Animequeen – WELCOME

Dolfingirl – I know what you mean about the hair. I cut off 10 inches back in September, and I was soo upset with myself for doing it, but I cannot believe how much lighter my head felt LOL… it was down to my waist (just above) now it’s about mid back. So it is growing back. My mom was the same way, first she said I love your hair long, now she’s like CUT IT ALL OFF. Like duh make up yer mind heheh.

I’m excited!!! Tommorrow we get our tractor hehehe, we got our sand delivered, but tommorrow I get to see James drive around on a tractor with his cheesy grin on his face. He’s already gone out and bought one of those hay hats. Just call him farmer James Now all he needs are some overalls hehehe and a piece of hay to chew on.

I promise pictures! I will set up a small quick and simple website so I can post update pictures. I also promised pictures of my baby monster, Heidi for Mertz and Doxiemom hehehe. Sometimes I just sit back and laugh at her…. My brown tabby, Mali, seems to tolerate her well. Heidi is her shadow. Everywhere Mali goes, there goes Heidi. Sasha on the other hand likes to smack Heidi around whenever she annoys him. So Heidi knows to not bug him. But Mali on the other hand… Heidi does this little hopping thing, and she hops circles around Mali and Mali just watches her. Must be a maternal thing hehe… it’s cute either way hehehe.

Alrighty ladies, I’m outta here…

Take care! I promise some Farmer James pictures

Ni Ni
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 04:53 AM   #18  
Determined to Lose!!!

Red face

Ladies! Hello!

I hope your weekends are going well. Sue, sounds like you will cetainly be busy! lol Dolphingirl, congrats on that loss! Animequeen, WLECOME! Lilion, drink lemon with your water and that should help expell any stubborn water... not sure about if that would work in the Midwest climate, but its worth a try?

Today... it's raining or 'spitting it down' as the Brits say. We have had such fantastic weekend weather for the past month or so... ah well... Hubby says I'll be doing my 6 mile walk on my own if it's raining, so fingers crossed lol (he's asleep now. good thing b/c he'd be moaning if he were looking out the window). I really enjoy the weather here! As Angela would know form experience State College, PA (my last residence in the state) was very 'gray' - all year round. The summers were gray and humid. The winters were extreme with the amount of snow that fell (I have pictures if anyone's interested - I didn't want to ever forget so I took picture during the last snow storm of my last winter lol). And it seemed to rain heavily CONSTANTLY. The weather over here in England is quite mild in my opinion, nothing very extreme and a rainy day could turn beautiful with the blink of an eye. The sky really moves here. Anyway, my favorite thing is NO SNOW! When some flakes do fall from the sky, they're gone in an instant. I really hate the heat though... 2003 there was a freak heat wave in Europe and I about died when I was in London on vaca. Hubby still laughs about that one.

OK, enough about the weather. My scale says I've lost another 1.25 lbs which would give me a running total of 2.25 so far this week (quietly... yay!) WI day is Tuesday, so we're going to remain calm and quiet and see what the scale gods reveal.

The best thing is I have managed to slowly get myself back on track with food and with my sore hamstring. It was rough but chilling out on aerobics and increasing my stretching this week was the best I could do for myself. Patience is something I struggle to learn.

Guys, thanks to everyone who has been cheering me on! I'll get through this vaca and I hope to come home with a loss! After all, walking is one of the easiest exercises and can be fun! Also, I'm sure I can allow myself some treats here and there and still eat sensibly. I'll just have to remember maintenance **** whenever somebody orders 10 pancakes from IHOP!

So, hubby and I had a stupid argument last night. All our arguments are stupid. We never seem to argue about 'real or important' things lol This time around it was b/c I referred to a friend of mine as 'rich' and he had to go on and on about how he's not rich b/c it's his parents. And I said, well we just have different definitions of rich, so drop it, but nooooooo.... he was on a 'you're wrong!' kick... then I guess to punish me, he changed out of his walking gear announced he was tired and went to bed around 9 (we were all ready to go ona 2 mile walk) ugghhh... I wanted to strangle him, but I just started writing, calmed down, went on my own 1.5 mile walk around 10.30 pm, came back, did some aerobics, wrote to a friend, and tidied up. I was so energetic! He woke up around 1 am, in a wierd mood, but I was nothing but kind until I went to bed around 2. This whole 'issue' has two elements: 1. whenever we are going to spend some time apart, he seems to get irritable and starts an argument about something completely unrelated which screws up the few days we have together before being apart. I hate that. Every time... it never fails! I think he has attachment issues. 2 I love and adore my husband and I love and adore one of my best buds 'C' but they don't really 'click' and being around them both makes things awkward, so in the past all I could think to do was keep them separate as much as I could. Well the tension hasn't gone anywhere (even though I'm 3,000 miles away from C). The friend who I said is rich is C's husband 'J.' If I even mention C or J around hubby, oh the mood! I feel like I'm walking a tight rope here... Any suggestions? The worst thing is, I don't really like hubby's friends, but I just leave it at that. Whenever he mentions them I say, 'that's nice' and I encourage him to spend time with his buds. Why isn't he able to do the same for me?

Last edited by BIGGIRL27; 06-04-2005 at 05:04 AM.
BIGGIRL27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:56 AM   #19  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for all the congratulations, ladies! I had to keep telling myself, though, that getting a raise is no reason to go out and splurge on a celebration dinner We went out for Italian last night (Fridays are my night out normally anyway), and we each got soup, plus we split an appetizer, plus they brought us bread. By the time our actual meals came, we each literally only took about 3 bites. There was a time when I would have eaten the whole thing just because it was GOOD and it was there, ya know? So knowing that I have most of the entree in a doggy bag in my fridge right now really makes me feel pretty good

animequeen--I have just got to say WOW to all the weight you have lost just since January! I was 310.5 in January, and here I am hangin' out around 297 now, so you're definitely an inspiration, telling me I could be doing much better. You go!

biggirl27--I'm not sure how to deal with the hubby vs. friends issue, but on the matter of hubby fighting with you before a separation, I can say it's probably his defense to help him not miss you so much while he's gone, ya know? While he's away, he can be stronger by thinking, jeez all we ever did was fight anyway, but then when he comes back, everything will be fine again. It sucks, I know--my sister went through much of the same thing when she was married to a man in the Navy. It doesn't make a whole lot of common sense, but it certainly isn't completely unheard of. Be strong and know that it's just his separation anxiety acting up!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:04 AM   #20  
It's gotta be the glasses

Height: 5'8"

I posted up my official "before pics" on the picture thread. I know I should have taken them before I lost those 29 lbs., but I don't really look much different now than I did then. They were taken this past weekend; I'm wearing my new shirt that I got at Lake Geneva.

I'm psyching myself up to a new committment. I talked to a lady at the Y yesterday about the idea my friend and I had there a few years ago for starting a support group. I told her that I know from experience that a lot of members will quickly lose interest in the Y because being around all those hard bodies can be somewhat intimidating.

She told me that a lot of women are afraid to push themselves with certain machines because they are afraid of bulking up. I told her right away that I'm not at all concerned with that; I know that's nothing to worry about. Besides, if she ever watched me when I work out she'd see that I lift weights. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing that every day like I should.

I told her I think I know enough about nutrition and exercise, it's just a matter of staying motivated and making myself do it. I've been in a low place recently, but things are looking better.

Oh, and I've finally started up an account with DeviantArt, and the little bit of feedback I've been getting has helped my self-esteem a bit, I think. Not much to look at as of yet, just a couple of [tasteful] nudes and another life drawing I did in college, a gel pen drawing of my character, a photo of the doll I've already posted here, and one piece each of Disney and anime fan art. More to come soon! My gallery can be seen here. Hmm. . . maybe I'll add that link to my siggy.

Last edited by esmaraude; 06-04-2005 at 10:37 AM.
esmaraude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 11:45 AM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy, everyone! How's life where you are this fine Saturday morning?

Honey and I are off so I can play "showgirl" today and tomorrow. I'm doing counts for Cinderella Man this week and next. I had a bunch of trailer checks to get done as well and did a bunch yesterday so I just have to finish up today while I'm there.

I've been working real hard to get back on track. Mother Nature is playing games with me this month so I'm not sure if the TOM bloat thing will disappear or not.

My life has been pretty boring lately. Just working and existing mostly. Nothing terribly fun OR disasterous happening at this end. Honey still has not found out if he got the promotion or not.....very frustrating for both of us.

My knees have been killing me. I was on Bextra until they took it off the market. Then the Dr. put me on Celebrex and it just does not work for me. So I've been playing roulette with all the different remedies that I have around here. I've even been taking a Bextra on days when I know I'll be really busy. I talked with a pharmacist and they said that the deadly side effects associated with Bextra were VERY rare. I know, it would be my luck that I'M the one that would have them, but I just have to have some relief once in awhile.

It seems I have not had time for personal replies in so long. It's the best I can do to get here and read and post just a few lines. Hopefully you all will forgive me. And hopefully one day I'll be back in full swing.

I did want to say to SueMarie: YOU TOO can drive the tractor! It's not just a boy's sport anymore! Have fun. Sounds like you guys have a real project ahead of you. I hope it all works out like you've planned.

And Esmaraude: Your drawings are beautiful! You have such a talent. Thanks for sharing your gallery with us.

To all the rest of you, I love ya, just can't stay to chat right now. Speaking of chat, is anyone interested in trying to get together to chat again? Maybe Monday night? Maybe like 8:00 EDT? I know that would make it like 5:00 on the west coast, but maybe you girls can join us as you get in from work and school. People usually hang out in chat for an hour or so. Would that work for anyone? I'm just throwing it out there in case anyone is interested. I know it's the weekend so there might not be alot of response to the question, but we'll see.

Anyway, gotta go. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #22  
DoxieMomx2

Well, I had my official WI this morning, and I stayed the same. I am so damn angry. First, I do know that staying the same is SO much better than gaining, but I worked so very, very hard this week. I stayed OP all through the holiday weekend, and walked my butt off every night. I almost didn't stay for class I wa so upset, but made myself do it, and I'm glad. It was a good class about staying positive and how to deal with the "hand that you're dealt" and how to change up the cards to get a better and improved hand. It really made me realize that staying the same is okay, and although I'm still PO'd, I'm not giving up. I made myself go ahead and go to my morning water aerobics class and naturally I'm glad I did. As you all know, hubby is doing WW with me, although he only had about 30 pounds to lose in the first place. He was up when I got back from WI and knew how disappointed I was. When I got back from water aerobics and he met me at the door with a big hug and a smile and I could tell by the look in his eye what he was going to say. I just couldn't take it. I told him if he was going to tell me he lost weight this week after eating like a complete and total P-I-G over the holiday, I flat didn't want to hear it. I ranted and raved about it not being fair, and was not happy with my little pity party attitude. He said he'd be happy for me if it was the other way around. Goodie for him - I definitely wasn't happy. I stormed outside and set on the deck by myself and wallowed in my pity, but as usual, I finally got up and went back in and apologized and told him I was happy for him, and then offered to bake him nice fattening cake! I just couldn't help myself!!

Okay, I have to take my son to his vocal lessons, so I after all my ranting and raving, I don't have time to respond to everyone else. We are suppose to have some pretty severe storms later, so if it's not lightening, I will get on later and respond to all you wonderul ladies who have kept me sane lately!!

Take care.
DoxieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 12:24 PM   #23  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Fellow Chicky-Doodles!

I’ve been up since 6:30 am *GASP* and on a weekend too We’re waiting for the tractor to be dropped off… they said between 8:30 and 9:30 so it should be here soon. I called them just to make sure (paranoia set in *blush* ) but it will definitely be here, said we were next on the list. Heheheh….

I’m excited to finally get this backyard going… been waiting for years. All this planning and not gas to get it going. I’m not looking towards paying the bill for it tho :-p hehehe.

Biggirl27 – Thank you, yes definitely got a busy weekend ahead of us. I’m hoping to get this backyard done by the end of summer. :crossfinger: 6 mile walk?? WOW!

Jillybean – hey I gotta learn some of that control you have… The teachers got a 2% raise and it was retro back to July, so I got a nice chunk of extra money in my last paycheck. What do I do? I got out shopping. GRR! Hehehe… MUST STOP!

Esmaraude - Hi!!! It’s nice to put a face to the picture I have some before and after pics, but man… that first 30lbs seems so long ago that I might take it down. I’m only about 4lbs above that initial loss, but with everything going on the way it has been, I haven’t had much time to even breathe.

Thinthinker – OOHH! Yeah I know… I’ll get my turn on it! LOL I’ll have to definitely get some pictures of that as well I think I’d be interested in the Chat. That would be 5pm pst. As long as I am not doing any calculus and loose track of time

Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:02 PM   #24  
It's gotta be the glasses

Height: 5'8"

Ok, real quick here. . .

I got bored a little earlier today and started messing around with one of my before pics. . . I was curious to see if I could figure out what I might look like if I were closer to my goal. It's not a real picture then, just a composite I did. You can see it in the picture page here with a little more explanation.

I repeat, this is not a real pic! Compare it to the pic I posted above it; that first set is how I really look right now.

So maybe I have a positive visual image of myself to work toward. Hey, whatever helps, right?

Last edited by esmaraude; 06-04-2005 at 02:05 PM.
esmaraude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:12 PM   #25  
Believe

Height: 5"7

hi everyone! just wanted to pop in and say, im still here! i havent posted in a few days because i have been super busy, but i am doing well with food and excersise. I hope everyone is good. I will write a little more later, im suppossed to be working
futurediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 11:38 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Accckkkkk! I missed it!

Sorry Syn/Kerri, if you're still peeking in, I missed your birthday. So here's to you, a little belated. Happy Birthday to YOU!!! Hope you had a nice day!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:13 AM   #27  
Future Goddess

Hi everyone!

Sorry I havent had a chance to pop in and say hello for a couple of days... I have had company. My friend is here until Wednesday or so, so I probably wont be able to be on too much till after that.

Im really trying to hold myself accountable, so I felt like I needed to come in and vent/confess a little bit about my weigh in on Thursday. I dont know how I managed it, but I ended up gaining 4.75 pounds!! I have NEVER had such a huge gain and Im just really dissapointed in myself. I know I didnt do so well with my eating last week, but I exercised my butt off!

In my defense, it was that TOM, and Im really hopeful that some of that gain was muscle (at least thats what Im telling myself to make me feel better...lol.) I guess I recommited at just the right time. I have been writing EVERYTHING I eat down in a spiral, along with exercise I have done, if I got my 64oz of water in, and left a little space for comments about how Im feeling that day and all. I really hope that it helps.

Well... I just wanted to get that off my chest. Im totally ashamed to even fill in my weight chart this week I hope all of you are doing well this week... and if your not, please let me serve as a gruesome reminder of what can happen when you go off your plan!! LOL!!

Take care everyone! Think Healthy!!!
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:48 AM   #28  
Determined to Lose!!!

Hi Tinker, during TOM it is possible that you show a gain even larger than 4 lbs. I weigh myself every day and only count and chart my Tuesday WI. This month I gained about 3 lbs during TOM. The week after (now) I'm down 2 real lbs so far plus the 3 that was most likely water at that time of the month. Also, no doubt if you're exercising a lot, muscle could be a factor! Don't feel bad! Keep going!

esmeraude I keep forgetting to tell you that you are a fantastic artist - and your composite, computer assisted, 'thin you' looks like the perfect motivational tool! How creative!
BIGGIRL27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

We had set a goal back at the first of the year to lose 300 pounds this year as a group. We have met that goal well before the end of the year. I was tracking the 2x2 losses towards that goal. Since we met that goal, we either set a new goal to be working towards or set a new challenge. I am turning the tracking to whomever wants to take up the task.

I am just so busy these days that I don't always have time to check in or offer anything to the group.

Be creative and be OP!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:51 AM   #30  

Talking Finally!

Well... I counted calories and stayed OP for the last week (I haven't been able to do this successfully for a really long time!)

I weighed this morning and... I LOST 6 POUNDS!!!

YEA!!!

(Please don't anyone say anything about it being flluid! I need my victory. Besides, I'm on fluid pills so it ain't fluid anyway! LOL.)

It's especially a victory because I've been really sick for the last three days and I still stayed OP!

I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys! Your help and support have made a huge difference! THANK YOU!!!

Tashabella is offline   Reply With Quote