Old 04-11-2005, 01:41 PM   #31  
You and Me in 2003

My son is getting married May 7
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:19 PM   #32  

Looks like this is the place to be, right?
Good morning everyone. I'm Kel41 (Kelly, 41 yrs old) and I got a PM from thinthinker (thank you) telling me this is a good place to get started. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. I guess I'll tell you a little about myself.

I'm a full time stay-at-home-mom right now but my son will turn 5 in May and start kindergarten in the fall. Right now we are hoping to get him into a church kindergarten where they only go half days but we're on a waiting list so don't know if we'll get in or not. He is the joy of our lives and is the baby we never thought we'd have. We tried for years and years to have a baby and it just didn't happen so we gave up hope and then 'surprise' I found out I was pregnant. Ain't that just the way it goes sometimes!! He's our one and only and he knows it!

I have been overweight all my life. Can't remember a time when I wasn't the 'chubby girl' in school and I just got bigger and bigger over the years. Yesterday I stepped on the scale and it said 300 lbs. I decided I've got to do something. Somehow I have been fortunate enough so far to avoid diabetes but my husband has Type II and he needs to lose weight too. So, together we are going to try the G.I. Diet (Glycemic Index Diet by Rick Gallop). I can't explain too much about the program yet since we're just starting but we chose this one because one of my friends has been on it for several months now and she's had great success with it. She was a 300-pounder too but she's much less now. The book gives you a series of foods which you can and can't have. He uses the color of traffic lights to code the foods.
Red Light Foods = stop, don't eat!
Yellow Light Foods = use caution.
Green Light Foods = Go!! eat all you want

I'll be able to tell you more about it after we see if it's working for us or not.

Does anyone else hate exercise as much as I do? I have a hard time with it, as I just hate to sweat. Hubby and I will start walking soon (if it ever stops raining) and I do like to use weights so we'll see how that progresses as well.

I've already browsed the recipe section and found some that sound really great.

In other news, I enjoy jigsaw puzzles, reading, reality TV shows like Survivor and The Amazing Race, and I love listening to music - country, rock, gospel, contemporary Christian. In fact, I think I'm gonna change my avatar to country singer Keith Urban ... any other Urban fans here?

Anyway, it's just nice to be in your company and I hope to be able to join in often.
Kel41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:44 PM   #33  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

STOP! DON'T POST HERE! Instead, come join us on the next thread, 300+ and ready to try again #697!

Oops.. didn't realize the font was that big!
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote