Old 03-22-2005, 06:41 AM   #31  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good lord, there's no way I would have signed up for that Curves if someone treated me that way! I don't think I could do Curves anyway...I like to form my own workout routine and be able to adjust it as needed depending on my schedule and diet and such. I have never actually stepped foot in a Curves, but my mother was a member for a while. She hated that the women there were so "gossipy" all the time. When she wanted to go, work out, and leave, they would be chatting with one another to the point of forgetting to switch machines and holding other people up and such. My mother is not longer a member.

I finally switched my gym membership! I now belong to an athletic club that is very near where I work at job #1. It has a big cardio room (stair climbers, treadmills, elipticals, you name it), and a big weight room and a smoothie bar (have to stay away...even healthy drinks hve lots of calories!) and a basketball court and a sauna and...I don't even know everything it has. I'll get the full tour tomorrow when I go after work The only bad/intimidating part about it is that when I went last night to do the paperwork, it looked like there was an entire high school track team there working out. I don't want to work out with them! I hate the feeling of chugging along at 3 mph on the tread mill, doing only 1.5 miles in 30 minutes while Tiffany and Johnny are on the tread mills on either side of me and are running like 7-minute miles (and I'm sweating just as much!). I know it shouldn't matter--everyone works at their own pace, and I will build up strength and stamina as time goes on, yadda yadda yadda. Oh well. I know I need to go, and this was the only gym close enough that I would have time to go to that I could transfer my membership to, so I will use it.

I reeeeeeally miss my old gym. I had joined an all-women's fitness & aerobics center a little over a year ago when I lived with my sister. It had an indoor pool (with water aerobics classes at certain times), outdoor pool, weight machines, cardio machines, sauna, hot tub, and different kinds of classes throughout the week (yoga, stretching, boot camp, aerobics, kickboxing...). The girls who worked there were all little skinny things, but they really were nice, too. They never made me feel uncomfortable about being 300 pounds in a gym with 120-pound employees. I wish I could still go there, but it's about 200 miles away. Maybe when I get my private jet...
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do NOT Post Here! Join us on the next numbered thread!

See ya there!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote