Old 03-20-2005, 09:14 PM   #1  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#678

COME JOIN US!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:15 PM   #2  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

hey guys, apparently i'm the only one who's ever around when we need to start new threads lately
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:51 PM   #3  

That's fine by me dude
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:44 AM   #4  

Smile

Good morning ladies, I had a so so weekend as far as food goes. What is it about those darn weekends that make me want to over eat?

Meliss, I have to admit that I avoid starting the new thread. I wait for someone else to do it.

uh oh, I don't remember what others said in the last thread, but that is ok. I am sure there will be something to post to later.

2cute, love your suv! I want one! I am thinking of looking for something in a smaller suv. I have a small car and the darn thing is not at all comfortable for someone my size bleah, I shouldn't be someone my size

I am off to do some more cleaning. I started waltzing with the vacuum cleaner early this AM, and now it is time to get back to it. Have a great day all of you chickies. Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:57 AM   #5  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Chicks!
ACK - I posted my detailed Cruise Review at the end of the last thread - go back to read if you are interested!

I didn't get to add pics last night because I had to renew my PictureTrail account. I'll get them up tonight!

Have a Super day!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:29 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Good Monday Morning !!!
Although it is not a sunny morning here....
...Raining all night and morning.
I am so happy we had a beautiful weekend.
You won't believe this ... last night I was headed to bed at 9pm.
Didn't quite make it... I recieved 3 phone calls ... but I was in bed by 10:30pm
I woke up about 2am and 4am .. and then DH's alarm went off at 5am ... and back to sleep until 6:50am when I finally got up.

I feel good this morning... I feel empowered.
I feel like I can do this again.

BarbPA... I LOVED reading about your cruise. I definitely plan to take one when I get some of this weight off. I am a firm believer in not waiting to live... but my ability to walk will be so much better with 100lbs off. I will still be obese... but hopefully more mobile so I could enjoy those mini trips inland.
I would sooo love to get a body massage once too. I am just too terrified to make someone touch all this blubber. LOL

Wish I had time to reply to everyone... but I am going to exercise this morning.
Like I said on the last thread... I need more "Affirmative ACTION" to get the rest of my 50 lbs off. I am running out of time. This is one time my procrastination is helping me. I have procrastinated as long as possible... it is time TO DO !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-21-2005 at 09:36 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:06 AM   #7  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Good Morning!
We had such a beautful weekend here. And I spent most of it cleaning my room . How depressing! But it was in a state of nobody could remember if it was hardwood or carpeted . And yes there was that much stuff on the floor.

Well I ate very good this weekend. I ate dinner and my stomach still growled last night but I think it is a sugar growl. But come Easter Sunday. I am going to eat Jelly beans...YUM!! Not having sweets for 40 days is not easy. Giving up the fried foods wasn't a biggee. The coke was hard at first but it is just a thing of the past.

Well I finally bought myself an iPod Shuffle. It is just fabulous!!!! I love it. I was dancing all over the It is the size of a pack of juicy fruit. I can't wait for Abby to go walking with me. So I can dance through the neighborhood (watch out neighbors .

I have been exercising pretty regularly. I have this DVD by Denise Austin called personal training system. Which has three levels. Well I decided to more than the cardio. And I was doing these legs exercises and they were so easy! UNTIL the next morning!!! Great Googley Moogley I have never felt certain parts of my thighs

Loki one day we will have to go bike riding. My bike is only about $300. As soon as I can escape I am heading for Louisville to pick it up. Seems that nobody in Western Kentucky sells them . I really like your bike. Save your pennies! I am hoping to take it for a spin in Cades Cove this year.

Barb PA: Welcome back! I was afraid you decided to stowaway on the cruise ship.

2cute: Good luck with you exercising!! You can do it! You will definitely feel better!

Iwillbe: Enjoy waltzing with your vacuum!

Shop: Your cats are so pretty!

Hippy: On the 200lbs gone!

Hello to all I have missed. Keep at it!!

Well gotta run Later Gators...

Scoot

Last edited by Scooter; 03-21-2005 at 10:10 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:28 AM   #8  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies!

Monday. That most evil of days. Bane of the working girl! Boy, do I need coffee!

Before I forget:

Catherine: How great for you! I'm sure you're tired of being called inspirational...but you are. I think it's just wonderful how you've managed to get up out of that chair!

BarbPA: Loved the cruise info. I've always thought that would be a fun vacation. Maybe a Disney cruise so I can take the rugrat and let him run wild. Mmmm. Massages! I love a good massage. DH gave me a spa gift certifcate last mother's day and I still have about $90 left on it. I'll have to go get a massage. Is the hot stone massage better in some way than a regular swedish massage? They do those at the spa here too.

2cute: I headed to bed at 9:00 last night too! This weekend was just exhausing.

Well, Sunday didn't see me getting any cardio exercise, but I still worked my butt off! (I wish - wouldn't it be great to be able to work that off in a day! ) I spent a good 3-4 hours digging dandilions and removing old, rotted landscape fabric from this massive planting bed in my front yard. Up and Down, digging and raking and shoveling! I was so beat I actually fell asleep on the couch at 8:00 - missed an Animal Planet special I'd been waiting for all week! Between that and Saturday's racketball I'm sore in places I didn't know could get sore. My right forearm is the worst, closely followed the high upper backs of my thighs! At least the bed looks better.

Maybe this would be a good time for that massage!

Well, Monday calls! Back to work!

Lilion
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:21 PM   #9  

Hi gang... I keep stopping in and saying "wow, I'm off program," and then I go right back to being off program. Yesterday I actually decided, **** with it, I'm just going to eat what I'm craving and start over tomorrow. I think maybe it helped... I felt stupid while I was eating potato chips, which I don't even like that much. Spring break is over for us, and I got some work done on my book, and I'm finally, finally breaking the last remaining ties to this guy who's been draggin my heart around, so I think maybe I'm ready to make a new push on the weight loss front.

mnemosyne--Thanks for the encouragement!

2Cute: Congrats on the Murano... and the motivation! I'm going to stay OP today, and if I can do it, I bet you can too.

Terri--Glad the visit from Mom sounds like it went well.

Shopaholic--I used to try to quit caffeine at the same time I was trying to lose weight... this time around, I decided to focus on one thing at a time. I gave up cream and sugar in my coffee, since that's a lot of calories (actually I did that a couple years ago), but I haven't given up the caffeine itself. Of course, I know some people have medical reasons to quit caffeine, but personally I keep hanging on to things I like that don't hurt the calorie count. (I kept carbonation, too, by switching to seltzer water or sparkling mineral water.)

BarbPA--Good job exercising! WTG! And thanks for the cruise recap.... I feel like I had a vacation myself now!

Catherine--
CONGRATS
CONGRATS
CONGRATS
CONGRATS

Lilion--Here's some for you
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:35 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hey all!

Sorry I've been more MIA lately...2 jobs and boyfriend are keepin me busy! This weekend was pretty good for me...I have finally learned to control my appetite enough to only eat about half of my food when out at a restaurant. Not only do I get half the calories that way, but I also get a meal for the next day, too

This morning, I had car issues. To make a long story short, my car overheated on the way to work, had it towed, got a quote of $735 to fix it. OUCH! Of course, another ouch is that I left my lunch in my car, so I had to get food at the office cafeteria today. It's a chicken sandwich, so not too too bad, cept it has regular mayo on it (bad Jill!), but it also has bruschetta on it. I normally don't eat tomatos at all, but I have been forcing myself to eat as many veggies as possible when I get the chance. My MAJOR diet problem is that I just don't like vegetables! I don't like tomatoes, can't stand celery, hate carrots...makes dieting healthfully very difficult. Therefore, I have been forcing myself to eat veggies that come with other food (in microwave meals, on sandwiches, etc.) to try and "acquire a taste" for them. I think all I have successfully done so far is acquire a tolerance for them, but maybe I just need more time. It's also no good that I can handle them better with lots of dressings, cheese, stuff like that, which are loaded with calories and fat. ARGH! I LOVE lots of fruits, but I also know that they are higher in sugar than most veggies and don't have the same vitamins and such. *sigh* what's a girl to do?

Well, haven't got time to catch up on everything (I think last time I posted we were only on like #675 or so!). Hope everyone is doing well and keeping their chins up...yesterday was the first day of spring: WOOHOO!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:41 PM   #11  

Jill, Maybe try veggies with different seasonings? I think using garlic, ginger, etc., to make my veggies makes them just as yummy as cheese sauce, if not more so. But then I also like veggies to start with... my problem is that I never have time to cook.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:03 PM   #12  
A Work In Progress

Hey! I have not been as good lately about my food, so I have not been posting as much. There I admitted it and now I will suck it up and move on. I am proud that I am posting because as many of you know about me, I tend to stop posting completely when I am off program. I was just looking at the website to a local themepark and thinking how bad I want to ride those rides this summer with my boys. That alone should keep me going! Why does food have such a control over me?? I have to do this for me but I also HAVE to do this for my boys. It is not fair that they miss out on playing with me because I have no self control. My boys are my life!!

I am going to make a workout cd for when I am riding my new bike. I like all kinds of music. Do you guys have any input on some good, motivational songs? I am listening to "Goodies" by Ciara right now. That song is awsome!
A dear friend of ours is in the hospital again. He is about 250-300 pounds overweight. He has been in the hospital many times because of breathing problems and such. The thing is, he has so much going for him. He is only 30-31 years old. He has one of the best personalities of anyone I know. Ibn the past few years, all he does is sit in front of his computer all day. His mom told me a couple of months ago that he never leaves the house. Hubby and I worry about him alot and we try to invite him over to get him out of the house but he never will. To make a long story short, he went back into the hospital a few days ago and this time they are sending him away. He is being sent tonight to New York to some kind of weight loss clinic and will be gone for 6 months to a year. I am really excited for him! I have never seen him at any sort of normal weight and he needs it for his health.

I still have not read the other threads so I will just say hello and great day to all!

Tracy
robntracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:44 PM   #13  

Scooter, thanks, I couldn't have picked a better set of cats. The white one (the boy) likes to play fetch like a little meowdoggy. <3

Jill, I had subway on sunday...I still need to look up the calories...but yum.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:18 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Subway ROCKS! I love the sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub (no cheese). Super tasty, and WAY less calories than McD's! If I really need a quick, ready-made meal on-the-go, I always try to hit up a Subway rather than a typical fast-food place (even salads at McD's and Wendy's are filled with unecessary calories and can be just as bad as a greasy burger!).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #15  

Tracy--Good for you for showing up again! I'm working on restarting myself. I wish you felt less negative about yourself ("I have no self-control.") I honestly believe negative thoughts are easier to turn into negative actions than positive ones. You DO have self-control: You brought yourself back here, which proves you're in control. Maybe you need to set yourself smaller goals, so you can prove to yourself that you can do this.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox for a while.