Old 02-16-2005, 03:42 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up 300+ and Ready to Try Again ... #654

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:06 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow I'm off to bed as soon as I say.....

I wasn't going to post tonight. Just going to read and post in the morning... but with 35 posts already... I decided to start the new thread.

Esmaraude ....
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Esmaraude
Happy Birthday to you !!!!

Leanne and Crafymom ... your ticker tapes are just about at their end....
Congratulations !!! on being so close to your goals !!

Thin ... I have seen just about every movie out there.
I loved "Million Dollar Baby" ... but my sister HATED IT !!!
Everyone has different views and opinions... that is why I see them for myself. LOL
I did not expect to like Sideways ... but I did.

I want to add myself to the 2x2 Challenge.

Terri
Iwillbe
j-ann/Judy
Angela
Ruby
Hilta
gmalil
Leanne
Jibbelle/Marcie
Thinthinker
SueMarie301
2cute

I have got a question for everyone....
Has anyone picked me up yet on your Cross Country roadtrip ???
I am running behind .... but headed up the East Coast now.
Barbg, Amanda, Kerri, Mary, Iwillbe, Dgrizzle and Jibbelle, Michelle,FreedomLight and I are having a GREAT TIME together.

Pack your bags Skinnie memories, GailR, BarbPA, Steph, Memoe, Evilyn, Sandy and J-ann.... we will be there to get you soon.

Ooppss... I just got reminded... Oceangirl, Leanne, Jen, Onetallmama, Ruby, Sue Marie and Blissful are sitting in the back. They also reminded me to read a chapter so we can go fly and get Gmalil, CD and Qadira.

I haven't forgotten the rest of you... Syn, Lisa, Terri, Gizmo, Angela, DebK, BlueFawn, JenHere, Hilta ... I still have two weeks to make it your way. Then we will all head for Michigan to see Thin, Susie and Kari.

If I forgot your name... I will find you ... evidentually.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-16-2005 at 04:33 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:24 AM   #3  

Default Newbie here!

Hi all-
I'm new here, looking for support along the journey like everyone else! Top weight (2 wks ago) 330, present weight 320...after the stomach flu. I'd like to join your challenge, if I may.
Question- Has anyone here tried hypnosis? I've actually very recently started going to a hypnotist as an adjunct to diet and exercise. So far it seems to help a little with staying focused, but it's really too soon to tell.
prplecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:56 AM   #4  

Good morning All, Happy birthday Esmaraude! Hope you have a blast! Another year older and better

Welcome prplecat, I haven't tried hypnosis, but I think I have tried every other way to lose weight, so maybe that is next! I think you will benifit by joining this group of ladies. Hope to see you around .

I am not going to join Oprahs challenge. I would, but I have found that I CAN lose weight while eating a wide variety of foods including some white. I love a baked potato now and then and I'll be darned if I am giving that up! If I can lose 5# in two weeks while eating a little of everything, shoot, why would I want to change that? She looks terrific doesn't she?

It is time for me to go and EXERCISE, so I am out of here for now. I will check back later. TA! Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:11 AM   #5  

Oprah isnt eating anything white???
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday Esmaraude!!

Yep, Marcie - Oprah restricted white starchy carbs. I'm not joining in her bootcamp either. Just using her exercise as a goal for each day.

Leanne - Sorry you're having a tough time. Don't ever feel that your 5 years was a waste of time. It may take time but it will worth it. It may open doors that you never expected. Don't get down!

to everyone else this morning!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:57 AM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Happy Birthday Esmaraude!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:46 AM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Happy Birthday Esmaraude
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

O.K. They say the third times the charm! I'll try this one
more time.This is the third time I've tried to post.
The weather in OH. is mild today 34 degrees with flurries. I still
put on my glad rags and walked outdoors my 40 minutes. I
figured if it proved to be to cold I would go back to the

esmaraude-

jibbelle-determined-Iwillbe-----Not only is she (Oprah) not eating anything
white they don't eat anything with grain for the first month!
As I said the exercise would kill me off. So I'm just looking at her
motivation- recipies-etc.

prplecat-WELCOME I know you will like it here

2cute--I'm on my to get you have your bags packed I should be
there Friday. Check out the other thread

A big hello to grannie and barbPa --hope all is going better for
you now days.

TO ALL I'VE MISSED A TALK AT ALL LATER
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:02 PM   #10  

Hey gang--A little non-scale victory to share... I decided to try on an outfit I haven't been able to fit into for a couple of years, and it fit pretty well, so I'm wearing it, and man oh man, I've been getting compliments all day. One friend told me I should wear this every day (wonder what that says about the rest of my wardrobe, lol) and another actually pointed and stared.

Thin—Hope the “baby” gets his car back soon… how crazy to be sharing for so long. On weighing… I’ve actually gotten to where I weigh at night and in the morning, so that I have a good idea how much I vary… that helps me put all kinds of blips into perspective. Sorry to malign your in-laws!!!

Terri—Whoops! I gave Thin all kinds of sympathy for YOUR in-laws. And congratulated her on your size 18s. So…. 35 miles! Wow, that DOES mean some training.

Leanne—Sorry you’re feeling so down. I often feel that I’ve been “wasting” the last few years too… but you know, life happens the way it does, and we go at the speed we’re able to. What I admire about you is that you’re always here, always ready to keep going. And that’s what matters—making the most of this moment. Looking backwards won’t help either of us.

Esmaraude—Happy Birthday!!!!

Craftymom—Well done!

2Cute—Yes, I picked you up some time ago…I headed west and south first, so I got Gizmo, then Terri, then you… haven’t you noticed the music we’ve been listening to? Lots of blues with some Springsteen thrown in… you’ve ridden the whole way to Calif. and up the coast to Canada with us, and now we’re headed back east.

Prplecat—Welcome! This is a great supportive place, it’s been a lot of help to me, and I hope it will be for you too.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:26 PM   #11  
Determined

Hey everyone I just want you to know that I have been reading, just not posting. I don't know why but I've just been so unbearably tired lately. I eat healthy, do some exercise, go to bed kinda early.. and I just always feel tired. Its exhausting heh. I dunno. My mother thinks I'm sick with something but who knows. I'm trying though. Either I'm exhausted trying to stay awake or I'm spending all my time doing school work.

Ill have to catch up on replies another time. Happy Birthday to those of you I've missed, and welcome to the new members. Congrats to everyone who's loss or who is staying OP!

Ps. - I cut out "white" foods from my diet a while back as well. Brown whole grain rice instead of white, only whole grain breads, no potatoes etc, whole grain pasta, etc. Not much difference to me.. but who knows I do lose even without much effort so maybe the 'diet' is good.
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:38 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

I already roll called, but as I have read many of the posts, my confusion is cleared up I'll go ahead and start the 2 weeks at 354lbs. *chanting* February 28, here comes 352lbs+!!

Okie well hehe, now that the confusion is cleared up, I'm feeling much better now. Slight sore throat, and I still get dizzy when I stand up. I may I think have had an ear infection as well... my ear did hurt, but I thought it was sympathy pain from my throat hurting (mainly because it didn't really feel like an ear ache) I have been sleeping alot, which i guess in this case was a good thing, because I'm feeling much better. I want to thank everyone who sent well wishes. Hopefully I can get over this bug and get myself back on track, I wish I had that “not hungry” feeling more often like when I was sick hehehehe. I’m attempting to go to work today.

I’ll try to do more personalized replies once I feel up to staying up longer. I hope everyone is doing okie!

Take care…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtobehealthy
Hey everyone I just want you to know that I have been reading, just not posting. I don't know why but I've just been so unbearably tired lately. I eat healthy, do some exercise, go to bed kinda early.. and I just always feel tired. Its exhausting heh. I dunno. My mother thinks I'm sick with something but who knows. I'm trying though. Either I'm exhausted trying to stay awake or I'm spending all my time doing school work.
CD: Just a quick stop to suggest you call the Dr. and make an appt. for a checkup. Could be mono you've got going there and it's very treatable. You really should get yourself checked rather than trying OTC stuff that's supposed to give you energy. Lethargy (sp?) is symptomatic of a lot of things.

Listen to your Mom!!!
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:50 PM   #14  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESMAURADE
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:05 PM   #15  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESMARAUDE!

Wishing you lightness in the year to come.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote