Old 01-19-2005, 07:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try again #635

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:59 AM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning all
I was on the phone last night for over an hour about this new position.

The library was soooo busy yesterday we had over 200 people come in all wanting one-on-one attention.

I'll check in later
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:44 AM   #3  

Quiet board today!!! So far I am having a perfectly on plan day. YIPPEE. I am just sitting down to have a nice grilled chicken salad and a big glass of water. : )

Grannie-
I know how you feel! It seems like I have been so busy at work lately that I do not even have time to do my job! lol
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:06 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default DietEmpress posted this on a really old thread.

I brought this over so that everyone could welcome DietEmpress to our area. She posted on a really old thread and I didn't want her to get lost.

DietEmpress wrote:
Thanks for posting the Wendie plan. It actually sounded reasonable. I could very much relate to this. I was a WW memeber 4 years ago and a big time loser. I would stay on plan years ago and gain weight then I would get frustrated and go on a binge and lose more then usual. This might be the breakthrough I need next time I plateau. Thanks Again!
~Kat~
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:17 PM   #5  
Warrior of Grace

Hi and welcome, Kat!

Wednesday Wish List - I wish I liked my lower body exercises better. I hate lower body day! Today, I'm going to get some resistance bands to see if I can formulate a lower body workout that I can get 'behind'!

It's a gorgeous day here. I'm 'up' and feeling positive about everything. My new scale arrives Friday. Finally! I will know how much I weigh! Better yet, I'll have a reliable way to track my upcoming dramatic weight loss!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day! I'm planning on it!
Qadira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:59 PM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning... afternoon.

Thin.. thanks for Brining Diet Empress over. I saw her post too. I too find the "Wendy Plan" to help. You just have to be very discplined to get BACK ON PROGRAM. For me ... it often can be like playing Russian Roulette.

DietEmpress... WELCOME !! Hope you find us again.

Marcie... "Perfect Day" I like those !!! I live by "Practice makes Progress" .. but I do aim for Perfect and like it when I accomplish it.

Iwillbe ..Great job entering your new avatar and ticker. I tried doing a ticker one night .. and couldn't get it work. I will have to go back soon and try again.

Terri... Yes.. Dr.Phil would definitely tell me to "GET OVER IT". LOL
He also would say... "Find a form of exercise you enjoy". I am counting the day until I can swim again. But until then.. I am going to try a different tape from my collection that is collecting dust. LOL

Mary...You are in great demand. One on one... we all like that help. I know you will make a great President.

Qadira..I liked your attitude... " .... my upcoming dramatic weightloss"
I truly believe a POSTITIVE ATTITUDE is better than all the knowledge in the world about different food plans or exercise techniques. If you don't have a positive attitude... and "willingness to DO" what you know... you won't get very far.

WishList Wednesday...
My wish is to weigh my all time low again since joining here.
To achieve that wish list... I will follow my food plan... and exercise today.
I will stop myself from negative thinking.... from having any doubts I will achieve this wish list.

Have a GREAT ON PROGRAM day.
Let me rephrase that.... MAKE IT a great on program day.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:06 PM   #7  

Smile Good Morning Ladies!!

Hi, my name is Amanda. I just joined yesterday. I am trying to soak up all the info but it's kind of difficult and I find I am getting frustrated easily. I noticed you have some challenges. I would like to participate in those if I could. If there are some in progress, I can wait till the next ones come up. I am not really doing any plan. I am just slowly trying to take out bad foods and incorporate good foods as well as more excercise.

I am 27 and I have been married for 5 years to my husband John. We live in Azle Texas (just outside Ft Worth) with our 2 living children and John is a Deputy Sheriff for Tarrant County. Our third child is our daughter Carlie, she died of SIDS April 25th of 2000.

Cody, our son, is Carlie's twin brother. He will be 5 on February 7th. He is such a sweet little boy and so very smart. He loves cars (Hot Wheels and Matchbox), trucks, policemen, firemen, and anything Spiderman. He can also recite half the script of Shrek from memory. Right now we are dealing with him starting to grieve Carlie's death. I knew I would grieve, but I never really thought that almost 5 years after the fact, I would be dealing with my son grieveing like it just happened. We will work through this though like every other tough time we have come up against.

Jordan, our second daughter and healing baby, just turned 2 on November 2nd. She is a mix between a tomboy and a princess, lol. She likes to get outside and play in the dirt and with bubby's cars, but has started getting into cooking with her new kitchen set Santa brought her and dressing up in the faerie princess dress she got from Cody. She loves her baby dolls and is a very good mommy. But, right now, her babies are in trouble as they seem to have been hitting her alot. They are all stuffed in the corner of her room.

For excercise, I have been having my husband get me up in the mornings when he comes home from work (he works midnights) and we go walk. I am working up to 30 minutes. Then during the day I clean and straighten up the house and I try to get outside to jump on the trampoline with the kids. My weight has fluctuated up and down my entire life. Right now, I think I am about 350, not sure as all the scales in the house are so messed up and I cannot afford a good one. One says 380 another says 320. So I am taking the average, lol.

Anyway, I am so looking forward to meeting you all. I also need to remind myself not to sit here at the computer alot. I tend to do that when I find new weight loss things online. I get so wrapped up in posting or reading and soaking up the info that the day passes and my fat hiney has been planted at the computer all day or so it seems. Anyway, take care everyone, talk to you soon.

Amanda
amandamomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:40 PM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Amanda.. WELCOME to our group. I am so sorry about Carlie.
It sounds like you have a great loving family.

I was going to post a long reply to you... but then read that last couple of sentences about "getting wrapped up on this computer and sitting on my fat hiney all day " LOL
I can sooooo do that !!! LOL

So I am choosing to just say welcome and get off this computer for now and write you more later. LOL
If you send me your snail mail address via PM I will gladly send you the next Challenge for February.
Again... WELCOME ... and I will be back later.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 03:46 PM   #9  

Hello everyone, I am still learning the names of all of you, but I had better not try to remember your messages in order to reply to each one yet. LOL! That would really muddle everything up.

My wish would have to be to handle the hunger pains better, and make better choices for snacks......control give me control!

2cute it wasn't hard to get the ticker or tracker or whatever you called it. If I can do it anybody can. I told you, I am computer illerate. I just followed the directions.

Kat, I am new also. I think this might be a good place to start on your journey. I am counting on it for myself. These ladies are going to keep me motivated. I am so sorry about the loss of your child.

I can also get tied up at the computer reading post and checking out recipes etc. Too much sitting is not a good thing is it? I got out my weights this morning and worked out with them, the first time in a long time, I hope I am not sore tomorrow. I will try to increase my workouts gradually. I have jumped into it too fast a few times and paid with really sore muscles. Shoot, I am still trying to get used to drinking all that water. Heaven help me if I get too far from the facilities! I will try to get into these good habits slowly.

Have a good rest of today. I am off to look around the boards some more and see what is going on other places. TA! Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 03:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/232/144

Angry sorry MIA

welcome amanda
hi all i have been having computer problems my power supply went on my Dell so i am on my old computer it is so slow and i miss my other computer at least i have a temporary one the people are coming from dell to fix it on Thursday he was supposed to be here today but it is storming AGAIN here and they did not want to come out in the weather not that i blame him . We have about 3 inches of snow out there now and it is still coming down the temp. is only 9 so that makes it light and fluffy but it will look like a lot more.
School here let out at noon the weather channel is calling for a good storm on Saturday with a plowable snow but they are not saying how much snow and that is not a good thing ...
I could not go to my ww meeting yesterday so i missed weight in again the school that i work for delayed yesterday and when they do that i miss my meeting i am planning on going to the meeting with my dd on Thursday but i am not going to weight in my meeting is a morning meeting and hers is an evening meeting so i do not want to weight in at night i like the morning weight ins.
for dinner tonight i am making homemade french fries and hamburgers with green beans , and stewed tomatoes for dh and i think i am going to " fry" some onions i love fried onions
memoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:15 PM   #11  
Proud Coastie Wife

Wow, it has been a while since I said hello!!! *waving from Alaska* Things have been going ok. Battling with depression, most of which I think is still some post partum. Weigh in's have been ok, a few lil gains, but DH was away, so I think I just didn't make good choices. But I am back on track now.

Anyway, Just wanted to say hi!
One Tall Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:46 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Honey is on the way home so this will be quick....maybe.

Angela: I love the idea of your rewards and the cuff links seem like a great choice, especially since you not only LIKE them, it sounds like you NEED them as well.

2cute: Congrats on your perfect OP day! * I ended up taking a mild sleeping pill last night before I climbed under the covers. They are of the non-habitforming type and I figured if I was going to lay down, by golly I was going to go to sleep! If that's what it takes to reset my "clock" then I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Iwillbe: Your avatar and tracker look great! Don't worry about names and messages for now. Some of us that have been around awhile try to do replies. Don't worry about replying to everyone (or anyone for that matter). It is overwhelming with so many of us. I'm still trying to keep all of you newer folks straight. * For the hunger, check yourself and see if you're getting a little protein in throughout the day. That seems to really help. Maybe a teaspoon of peanut butter on your toast in the morning or a piece of cheese. Grilled chicken on a salad, etc.

Terri: "demo of the Pilates machine" hahahahaha Congrats on your continued efforts!

Mary: Wow, for a little town, you sure do have the traffic for your library. I'm impressed. Do you have a plan for revamping things when you become Madam President? Or does the organization run pretty smoothly already?

Marcie: Good job on your perfect OP day. That grilled chicken sandwich sounds yummy.

DietEmpress: Welcome. I hope you'll find your way back and post again.

Qadira: If you work out a routine with the bands please share. I have the bands, but they didn't come with anything that looked much like directions.

Amanda: Welcome to our corner of the world. We're glad to have you. I'm so sorry for the loss of your darling daughter. I can't imagine losing a child. [[[hugs]]]

MaryB: Sorry you're having 'puter problems. Hopefully it will stop snowing long enough for the Dell guy to get there.

Jana: Good to see you. I was wondering what happened to you. Is your DH back home now? We have another poster who's husband is in the military. They are stationed in Germany and she doesn't get here too often.

Well, that was perfect timing. Honey just got home and I just finished posting. I did real well OP today, the first time in a long time. I'm done with two thirds of my water for the day and I had a 2 point muffin for breakfast and a Chicken Whopper no mayo for lunch. The Chicken Whopper was really my success for today. I was way too hungry when I left the house and I really had to argue with myself over which fast food I was going to have. Micky D's, and Taco Bell were really calling my name, but I knew if I would just bite the bullet and do the right thing, the rest of the day would fall in line.

BTW, I found some awsome blueberry muffins at Sam's Club the other day. They are only 2 WW points. The best part is they are individually wrapped, so they will travel well, and the price was right. There are 8 in the tray and they were like $4 and some change. I'll get the brand for you when I go upstairs if anyone is interested.

I went scouting hotels for Spring Fling 2 again this afternoon. I have been plagued by one dilema in particular. Nobody out here by me offers any kind of shuttle to the airport and the service they use is pretty pricey. So I'm going to run out by the airport, probably Monday, and scout out there. That way it won't matter who is coming and going at what time, nor will anyone need a big taxi bill or a rental car. I'm currently looking at the weekend of April 22 through the 24th. Obviously, the availability of the rooms will be a factor. If you are thinking about coming, please PM me (this is not set in stone) with whether you will be driving or flying because that could affect our location as well.

Ok, Honey's waiting to go to dinner. I will see you all later. Love ya bunches.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #13  
BELIEVE!

Hi Chickies!
De-lurking for a moment to say hello! I just finishing watching the Oprah show with Nate talking about living through the Tsunami. Well, more than a few tears were shed - let me just leave it there. Wow!!!

There is so much good TV coming back on. Anyone watch American Idol last night? Oh my! I'm also looking forward to the new Apprentice and the street vs. book smart teams! And, who can forget my favorite --- when does Survivor start again? Oh - I wish I didn't like TV so much.

Exercise and food choices have been fair around here. Could be better - could be worse! I'm spending a lot of time in my private little room journaling and remaining positive about life. It has been a great thing for me!

2cute was sweet enough to give you a brief update on me yesterday! As she said - I am doing ok. I definately have moments of ups and downs with this IVF cycle getting started. I went in today for an ultrasound and blood work and got the go ahead to start my injections tonight. For the next 10-12 days I'll be taking 3 injections a day to stimulate my ovaries and egg development. I had such a laugh a few minutes ago....I have to take my injections IM (in the muscle) which is in my butt/hip area so DH has to give them to me. The nurse drew bullseyes on my today so he knows where to give the shots. Well, I never looked and pretty much forgot about it....so just now I remembered and went to look in the mirror to discover that she drew green smiley faces!!! What a sweet funny thing! She really knows how to make me smile during this chaos.

Ok, enough about me. I hope all of you are doing well. I am reading and trying to keep up with you. There are so many new faces. Welcome to you all. You've found a great place to hang out!

Congratulations to all you losers and exercisers and eat righters! Keep up the good work!

Have a peaceful night!
xoxox
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:30 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

The society needs shaking up it is mainly older folks.
Food has been soso today my mind tells me I am hungry maybe I am
Welcome to the newbies
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:30 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi BarbPA: So glad you got the all clear, go ahead for this round of IVF. Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm!! The story about the smilie bullseyes was precious. I'm sure that nurse has to deal with alot of folks that are frustrated and on emotional rollercoasters and this probably just one way that she tries to lighten the load. How cute!

The Apprentice starting tomorrow is on my HOT list of things to watch. I love it. This time should be extra interesting. I've found in life that sometimes those with the most book smarts, aren't the ones with the most common sense, so this could be VERY interesting.

Survivor? Did someone say Survivor? Survivor Paulau in the South Pacific premieres February 17th. WooHoo, can't wait!!!

Gotta run. Glad to see you stopping by. Please keep us posted. You know we're all praying for success.