Old 06-26-2004, 09:49 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#541

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!

Last edited by QueenB; 06-26-2004 at 09:51 PM.
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 09:53 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Looking back, it looks like Terri has started the last several threads, so I hope I haven't stepped on any toes by starting a new one.

I'm sorry that I left you guys..... thanks for welcoming me back.

Last edited by QueenB; 06-27-2004 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:09 PM   #3  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Tina, you made me laugh. Terri sounds soooo sick of starting our threads, I bet she appreciates the break.

Andria

P.S. My post looks oddly out of place after Tina's edit. Tina, I think most of us understood why you left. It was sudden and surprising, and we missed you very much. The welcomes are genuine, the offers of support are as well.

Last edited by qsilver; 06-26-2004 at 11:01 PM.
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 10:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies! Remember me! Sorry I've been gone for so long. I fell off the diet and exercise wagon yet again, but the good thing is that I've somehow managed to maintain my weight. I always seem to disappear when this happens instead of sticking it out and giving support to the rest of you. So I'm going to try to post more often and not shy away if I make a mistake. I really want to lose this weight for good and need to take the neccessary steps to do so. With that said, I just wanted to welcome Tina back. I missed you when you went away and was a little hurt, but you needed to do what you felt was best for you and I can respect that. I hope you stick around. I know I plan to. Hello to everyone else who remembers me and hi to anyone who doesn't. I hope to get aquainted with any newbies. Happy Anniversary Thin! Well gotta go for now. Hope you all will have me back.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 11:49 PM   #5  
Progress..not perfection

It's VERY nice to see you Steph..... I was tickled to death when I saw your little avatar.

Also.... sorry I haven't said so yet:

Happy Anniversary Thin!!

Hope you and dh are having a great time!
Old 06-27-2004, 01:59 AM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening friends. I am writing this off line before I have read anyone's posts...
I just had to come share my awakening.... JOY ... Pure JOY !!!
I have been sooooo happy lately and I wasn't quite sure why.
Well, today I realized a couple of reasons.

One MAIN reason has to deal with my grandkids. Most of you know how "inadequate" I feel as a grandmother. I always referred to the other grandma as the "perfect" grandma. She is petite and skinny and can do all the things I am unable to do. She takes them for walks, bike rides, the zoo and amusement parks. She can sit on the floor and play with them and run and play with them. She can do all the things I can't.

WELL .... in the pool .... it is "as if " I were a normal grandma too.
I am practically weightless and I am MOBILE.
I can swim laps and race with my granddaughters.
I can catch them when they come off the slide. I even taught them to go down the slide alone and swim back to the steps on their own. I can play catch ... sit on the noodles with them and pretend we are bike riding ... throw them and play games with them. We have soooo much FUN together.
I FEEL NORMAL !!!! And it feels GREAT !!!!

What is ironic is.... now the other grandma is jealous of me.
There is no reason to ... she can give them joys I can't ... and I am now able to give them memories of joy with me too.
It is not a competition... This is the first time I have felt like a real grandma since their births.

The other main reason for my JOY is my mobility.
With all of this swimming I am much more mobile. I am NOT normal by any normal standards ... but I am sooooo much better than I was. I am not living on pain pills all day every day.

PLUS ... I am getting out of the carbs again.
It makes SUCH A HUGE DIFFERENCE for ME.
I know it is not the same for everyone ... but for me... carbs are killers.
For me... carbs make me droggy and my joints hurt more.
I am much happier when I eat LOW carb... not no carb.
When I eat low carb my water retention improves too.

Okay... I won't keep going on and on. I just wanted to share how HAPPY I am right now and I give credit for it to ....
Low carbs... high water intake ... better food choices ... and SWIMMING !!!!

As my dad and many others say ... "USE IT ... or lose it"
If you don't want to lose your mobility... GET MORE ACTIVE.
Okay... that is it..

THIN... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!! I want to hear all of the details... well the G-rated details. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

STEPH ... good to see you again. You also always have a home here. WELCOME BACK

Shelly... good to see you again too. Sounds like you had a great time at camp. I too was a scout leader for 5 years long ago.. except girl scouts.

Tina... I was and am sincere when I say WELCOME BACK. I have no underlying issues. I told my family when you left that I did not blame you. You had a LOT of controversary while here and I totally understood. If I had to deal with what you dealt with I too would have probably left. You know me as well as anyone here... "Starting Fresh" is what I do. I am a peacemaker... always have been.. probably always will be. LOL

ANDRIA .... {{{HUGS !!!!}}}
I just want to offer you love and support. I have said this many times... We are not here to sit in judgement of anyone. We are here to support.
I hope you get the help you are seeking from this new therapist and find the joy and happiness you deserve. We all deserve. I hope your daughter too finds the same joy and happiness. Being a teenager is not the best years of our lives. It is HARD. Maybe she will do better now that she is talking to you about her problems. Hope you feel the love vibes I am sending your way. :

Okay ladies... I am out of here. It is 1am and I need to either get to bed or get productive. Or maybe even READ Dr Phil again.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 08:22 AM   #7  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning!

Oh, what a beautiful day! I was going to go to the gym, but it's too nice out...I'm going to take doggie for a walk instead. She will LOVE me for it. I'd rather ride my bike, but I need to get the brakes fixed.

Proposition: Is anyone interested in a Weekly Weigh In Thread? Have I tried this before? I'm feeling the need for some accountability...All in favor, say "Aye." Maybe we could have our own contest like Andria's Curves is having...minus the money! See who loses the most each week? Get a little competition going? Maybe our fearless moderator can create a Sticky for us if anyone else is interested.

Andria, you are always welcome here. I value your intelligence and good sense...you have to do what is best for you and your girls. extra {{{{HUGS}}}} for your troubled daughter, I hope that everything works out for all of you!

2cute! I LOVED your post! I can see your beaming smile in your words! What a wonderful revelation for you... Best of all, those good feelings are self-perpetuating: the better you feel about yourself, the better you'll want to feel about yourself, and so you'll keep doing stuff that makes you feel good about yourself! and so on...and so on... I'm very happy for you!

Steph! Hi! Good to see you again! I'm glad to know you're still with us!

Tina!! Enough!
Quote:
It seems like either everyone's mad or hurt at me or ignoring me is the best way to deal with me.
I don't see anyone ignoring you, you've been welcomed back by everyone here! You even got Steph out of hiding! thank you very much...AND Michele out of semi-hiding! We're moving ahead here!!

All right, I'm outta here. I already told the dog we're going for "walkies" and she hasn't stopped staring at me and pacing....
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

2Cute - I am so thrilled for you. Keep up all your great activity and motivation. Getting to feel where you are a normal person is huge. I told DH the other night that with all the bike riding and horseback riding....I don't feel like my identity is about being a fat person. Which is all about self-esteem. Keep working on it because you ARE a normal person no matter what your size is.

Kat - I'm all for an accountability thread.

We had a wonderful time on the boat last night. The county parks dept put on a Lake Fest. Its mainly pontoons and sail boats on this lake. There was a decorate your boat contest. We'll be prepared for that next year. But they did a huge festival for people on shore and ended with fireworks. It was so cool to see all the boats out and gathered around waiting for the fireworks. Right at dark, they did a parade of pontoons then sailboats. The sails had their masts all lit. Seeing the fireworks from the boat was awesome. It was a scream when it was all over with to see the pontoon race back to the South Docks. We were third. LOL DH wanted to get the boat docked before the water got rough.

I'm outta here. Have a fabulous day!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:48 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

First off {{{{{{HUgs}}}}}} and love to you Andria

Next Tina please stay we all love you here I miss Tony too.

Thin Happy Anniversary
Welcome back Steph.

I will try to get back in here more ofton. like Steph I have been off the wagon as far as food and exercise goes but I am holding the weight I would love to lose 10 pounds by the time we go on vacation but I know I probably won't.
DH leaves on a business trip to Mich today. He will be up around you Thin. I can't wait to meet you in August.

Son is still working and he and his lady friend are still seeing each other.

Work is good we have been so busy with summer reading program we have had over 200 patrons in on some days.

Cats and fish are doing great Haven't had any more fish babies lately.

Blueberries are loaded this year been giving them away.

Weather has been real wet the last month so no garden. Like I'd have time to work in it.
Well ladies I better run buy food for next week. catch you all later
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:58 AM   #10  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

RISE AND SHINE !!!!
TOP OF THE MORNIN TO YA !!!

It's a new day... a new beginning !!! I love how life is a continuous string of new beginnings when that is needed and can be a continuous string a good days when new beginnings are not needed. LOL

I am going to be very busy today. I want to get a swim in first thing... and then I have a LOT of cleaning to do. I have been gone all day both Friday and Saturday and when home in the evenings... well does MESS come to mind. LOL
I have not cleaned anything but the trash we accumalated while home.

I invited my sister here for a few days of R & R. (rest and relaxation)
She has been suffering with depression and hopefully a few days here swimming and playing Trivial Pursuit will cure that for a few days anyways. LOL We also plan to watch a bunch of "oldtime movies". "Singing in the Rain" is one I have never seen. (is that the right name??)
Did any of you watch that special about music and movies. "The Top 100 Songs in movies." Well... my daughter and I made a list of the movies we have never seen and we are going to watch them. My sister loves old movies and she is a walking encyclopedia of information. LOL

Just wanted to wish everyone a bright new day.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 06-27-2004 at 10:04 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

2Cute - Check out the American Film Institute for the top 100 movies of all time. I've been getting movies from the library that I have not seen.

Notorious
Scarlett Street
12 Angry Men
Lawrence of Arabia
Citizen Kane

Loads of fun!!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:19 AM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Angry One thing I certainly DON'T miss......

is typing a big long post and then hitting "submit reply" and it tells me I'm not logged in and I lose the whole darn thing!!! Grrrr

What I was basically complaining about was the fact that I have switched my off days from Sunday & Monday to Friday & Saturday and I'm not sure how I feel about that. When I had Sunday and Monday off.... I really felt like I had "off" days. Sunday is pretty leisurely.... dh doesn't want to drag me everywhere and then Monday the boys go to school and dh goes to work and I have time to do all the things I don't have time to do during the week.

NOW, Friday I'm running all over town paying bills and then Saturday... dh is always wanting to go somewhere so I don't even feel like I get a day off. I'm going to give it a little more time though because this whole month has been crazy at work because everyone and their mama has taken vacation and I've had to cover.

2cute: I'm so very happy for you. I can feel your happiness in your post. The thing is..... what you feel in your mind is important, and I'm sure it is to you, probably doesn't even matter to the grandkids. For instance, growing up..... my grandmother Diantha (Dad's Mom) would always take us all over the place..... amusement parks, zoos.... etc. My granny (Mom's Mom) didn't really take us a lot of places, but you better believe we knew we were loved and I'm sure your grandkids know that too.

Kat: I think a WI accountability thread is absolutely wonderful and a great idea!

Also, I'd like to add that I am SUPER happy to see Steph and Michelle and I hope I see alot more of you!!

Last edited by QueenB; 06-27-2004 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:28 PM   #13  
I'm on my way!

Tina Tina Tina....how far back have you read the posts? I know mine have been sporadic but did you read that I'm moving to North Carolina??? How far away are you from Raleigh???
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 01:44 PM   #14  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

2cute, your post was so incredibly full of joy! I smiled and reread it and smiled even more.

I stayed just long enough to read. I've been at work all night and need some sleep!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 02:30 PM   #15  

2cute
I am so glad for you! I have started moving more and more and now I can run sort ways and not be out of breath and ready to drop! Do not worry about what other Grandma can do with the kids. My Mom and my Mother In law are 2 way diffrent people. Mom In Law has lots of mony and buys them junk all the time. My Mom has little money but spends time talking to the kids and playing with them. The kids love them both!

Andria
Never be worried about what others think and feel about your live. It is yours and what works for you. I know your daughter is troubled right now but thank God that you found out know and can help her with whats going on. I wish you the best of luck.

Well my live is not slowing down any. Last night I served at a money raiser dinner. All tips went in to the fund and I raised $635!!! It was fun! Then I went to a local comunitys fire works with my kids and had a ball. Got home at 1am and crashes! KNow I have company comeing over that have never seen my home and I have not cleaned in a week Wish me luck I have 3 hours to do it in!
Shelly
Shelly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote