Old 11-11-2004, 03:59 PM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, slap me silly and call me stupid, but what's a NSV??? I guess I need a crash course in acronyms.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:25 PM   #17  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Post Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

Leanne: Ewww, Ewww, EWWWWWWWWW!!!! I am SOOO arachnophobic...here in Vermont the biggest ones we get are garden spiders, about 1/10th the size of that MONSTER I saw that you had!!!! My scream would not only have been heard around the world, but clear out into the vacuum of space! Omg, I have no idea how you were able to stand it! I have had goosebumps and heart palpitations since I saw the picture. (shiver)

Otherwise, all is well here. Busy day at work, but am home with my little one and just sent DH off to work. #1 son gets back from dad's in about 2 hours. Had a good day overall foodwise, except for the whoopie pie I split with Jenniah. Damn, those things should come with an advisory! Been to Curves twice, hopefully can get there Saturday as DH doesn't have to work until noon.

It sounds like everyone is doing really well. Welcome to the new ladies, you'll love this group.

Well, gotta split. Take care and have a great evening.

TTFN

eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:49 PM   #18  
I'm on my way!

Thin - NSV = Non Scale Victory!
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:32 PM   #19  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Hi! Would you mind if I joined your group? I've lurked here on and off at times...and I've always thought all of you were such a wonderful and caring bunch. After a very long time of no contact, Michelle pm'ed me and after awhile she invited me here. Its been awhile since I joined a group and I don't quite know what to say... I guess what I should say is that I need to lose weight! I've lost weight. I've gained weight. So many times who counts anymore. It seems like I get to a certain number and then I start to gain it all back again. Gosh, that sounds like I'm scared of something doesn't it?

Anyway...to introduce myself...I'm 53 years old. I'm married to a good man. He's supportive and he has a ton of patience when it comes to me. We've been married for 33 years. We have two daughters--both grown; both married. I have two grandchildren--two girls (4 yrs and the other 9 1/2 mos)--they are probably the most precious things in my life...right after that patient husband of mine! I work outside the home as a secretary at a university and I will be retiring in about 17 months. I can't wait to retire!! I would love to lose 100 lbs. although my husband is horror-stricken at that thought and would just love it if I lost half of that. He worries about my health. He's just lost 15 lbs. and has been maintaining that loss since the first of the summer. Unfortunately, I've never gotten to goal so I have no idea what maintenance feels like. I like Weight Watchers and I've joined so many times its a wonder I don't have whiplash going in and out of their doors. Currently, I'm not going to meetings and am really trying to lose it on my own. I'm still counting points--that's really all I know what to do. For the last two weeks I've been about 85% on program. Fridays are my weigh-in day.

Anyway, if y'all want a newbie...I'm here...

Gail
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 06:59 PM   #20  
I'm on my way!

Gail I'm glad you joined us!! You will feel at home here in a matter of minutes! These ladies are the greatest bunch of caring and supportive women you will ever find. We all have fun in our weightloss journey and we all have trials and tribulations (whatever that means) LOL....whatever you need to talk about here you will get helpful ideas, tips and others' experiences! And you will never feel pressured to lose weight....we all do the best we can and we all have been up and down numerous times as well. So please post here often so the rest of the gals can get to know you too!

OK y'all...see I'm a southerner now!! I can say that! LOL Anyways, I did the food, water and journaling today but sad to say not the exercise! Tomorrow is another day!!

Barbg great job on passing up the food. That is easier said than done! I always have every intention of eating healthy for whatever event I am attending and always end up making the wrong choices. That is a big accomplishment!

Kat I'll do Spring Fling 3 here! But you don't have to wait till then to come down. You and Barb can drive down and pick up Gail along the way! I believe from Barb's house it would be about a 7 or 8 hour drive depending on how often you want to stop. I don't think that you would want to come down in july or august because they say the humidity stinks for those 8 weeks. But spring would be lovely or the fall. Sept and Oct are beautiful!!

Sandy I like the white grape water because it tastes just like grape soda!

Thin - slap me silly and call me stupid---LMAO...I'm still chuckling over that!

OK Where is everyone tonight??

I'll go and get the kid in his jammies and I'll be back...like that bad penny!

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-11-2004, 07:22 PM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

GAIL ..... WELCOME !!!! We LOVE newbies.
Your story sounds like all the rest of us. Up down Up down. But this time we are going down down down. Just jump right in and post away. There are a lot of newcomers here.

Michelle... thanks for the info on NSV ... that was a new one for me too. LOL

BARBg... Speaking of those NSVs. Way to go girl !!!!
I am PROUD of you too.
I am so happy that Turkey gave you that spark you needed to get back on your program. He is nipping at my heals every day too. LOL He makes me smile when I look at him and know I AM DOING IT THIS TIME !!!

Kat... I did swim a couple times in Oct. Brrrrr But not since then. I want to go to a gym somewhere. The cheapest is the farthest away. I will probably pick the one that is about 13 miles each way. There is BIG difference in the cost. Like $50 vs $400 a year. I just don't know. One is The "Salvation Army" and the other YWCA.

Well... I better get going. I want to watch "Joey" tonight. Plus.. I have not exercised YET. I only have 20 more oz of water to get chugged down. I really like this SUCCESS stuff.

Chris... Two trips to Curves. You are working it.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:33 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to the new ladies!!!

How about if we end the challenges every other Monday? We started this one on Monday Nov 1st and let's do weigh-in's on 11/15. That will make it easier to remember when it ends. The next challenge begins on that same day. That might make it a good reason to not blow it over the weekends.

Off to watch Survivor.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:30 PM   #23  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I'm alive! After a fashion, that is. Still pretty drugged up and hanging around in bed like a woman of leisure, but that shouldn't last for too much longer. I'm doing my exercises and everything else they tell me, because frankly, this isn't the most fun I've ever had. Thanks everyone for being so sweet to Tony. He was really good about passing your well-wishes along.

I haven't caught up on all the reading yet, but that will come. I have plenty of time for it. Talk laters, the latest round of pain pills is catching up with me.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 09:36 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Hey Chicks!
I hope you are having a good evening. I just returned from a long, boring meeting for the homeowner's association and DH is looking for attention so I am just here to say Hello!

Since tomorrow is Friday and I am working at home I hope to find lots of time to post and catch up with you all!

Have a Fab night!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:33 PM   #25  

Hi chickie poohs....just wanted to pop in and say nighty night. Sorry I did not put in what NSV was. Guess I learned that one on my travels.

Hi to Gail and you will love it here. These woman are some of the best.

hmmmmm maybe I will make an East Coast Get together....
peekabooangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 11:20 PM   #26  

Hi everyone!!

I just love all of you! You ladies are just great. I can't wait to stop in here in the evenings (and afternoons at work when I can sneak it in!) to see what everyone's been up to!

I went to curves tonight. I just started Monday. Did Mon, Tues, Thurs so far and I thought I was going TO DIE after Tuesday's workout. OMG did I hurt! Mostly my legs. I'm pretty strong in my upper, but my poor widdle wegs. My calves and the backs of my thighs were just throbbing until tonight's workout. My wonderful DH massaged them the last two nights, and hot water in the shower didn't help much. I didn't think I'd make it through three laps there tonight. But miraculously, I did!! I couldn't believe it.

I told myself I would push through if I thought I couldn't make it. I did some extra stretching beforehand too. I don't think I did enough the other nights. But I MADE IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

I am really proud of myself on that one. And except for some wobbling and losing my balance right after in the kitchen at home, I'm fine now. A lot of the soreness is even gone. How cool is that?

I've tried to lose before, many times. But I'm telling myself this is IT. I'm doing it. And I'm working my butt off to do it.

Been keeping my calories between 13-1400 a day pretty regularly. Haven't gone over them since I joined Fitday. I love being able to see it like that, everything I've eaten. Even helped my too-thin friend figure out how to get in some extra calories on that one.

Kat~ (I see that's the nick everyone uses! Cute!)... Nurse I am, for 7 years now. I do nursing home/long term care administration now. I did a lot of hospital and floor work for the last 5 years. But I love to give my advice, LOL. So ask away everyone!

2cute~ Little forks!! I would've never thought of that! Little forks, little spoons and little plates... maybe that can make us all little people?? LOL... hey, stranger things have worked!
~Kerri~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 12:26 AM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello all! I was sitting in this desk chair all day long. Applied to a couple of new companies. I'm getting bored with some of the jobs I've been doing and needed to find something FRESH!!! Lots of eating jobs and I really need to start curbing those. I can make some good choices, but not day after day eating out.

I really can't take the time to reply to everyone. I hope you'll forgive me. But I wanted to try to answer specific questions that were asked of me and ask a couple of my own.

Michelle: What brand is that cheesecake flavored yogurt you've been bragging about? I believe I know what "files" you were referring to. I'll see what I can do.

Angela: Any chance on getting the pasta e fagioli recipe? Honey and I love it from the Olive Garden. I bet it can be lightened really easily.

Sandy: No Polar Express for me. Even the preview for it didn't make me want to see it. I just listed the previews that they showed with it.

Andria: Make sure to thank Tony for keeping us aprised of your condition. He's a sweetie to take care of shuffling our thoughts back and forth for you. She's a wonderful part of this group and we miss her and wish her a speedy recovery.

Katrina: For dinner we had a cocktail in the bar, a glass of wine, lobster & crab cake appetizer, Honey had steak, I had a grilled tuna steak, broasted potatoes, asparagus, and creme brulee for dessert. Is your mouth watering yet??? I brought home half of my entree, pototoes and asparagus and had them the next day for dinner.

Gail: WELCOME to our little corner. I see you're not new to the site by any means. Glad to have you joining us.

I know I didn't get to everyone. Please don't be offended. I really wasn't going to do any replies, but the longer I wait to write something, the further behind I will be. So onward from here once again. Most of you are doing truly wonderful and I congratulate each of you for your terrific accomplishments!

My back has still been killing me and I really think it's probably due to my desk chair, which is broken, and my mattress, which is sagging BAD. Honey's back isn't feeling very well either. So today I looked up my receipt (on the advice of a good friend ) and called Sealy. The store I bought it at went out of business and so I have to file a claim with the main office. Took measurements of the sag tonight and got the boys to help flip the thing. It's takes the boys since it's a King Size mattress.

Also found a nail pop the other day in my nice leather furniture we bought last December. Unfortuneately, we didn't find it quick enough because one of the seat cushions has a big tear in it. Luckily it's in the black fabriced underside of the cushion and the leather is only marred a bit. Have a serviceman coming out next Wednesday to see about that.

There's always a reason to screw up your day!!! Made an appointment with the dermatologist to look at that spot on my leg. It seems to be what my GYN and MD both suggested, so we'll see what she says. Also made my mammogram appointment. Seems like a good place to say DON'T FORGET YOURS! I know October is supposed to be the month, but just call me a little late! I still haven't made a podiatrist appointment but I was afraid he would want to do something painful and I didn't want that before we go to Vegas. I'll have all I can do to do all that walking as it is.

I've been thinking about the "evil machine". It's been folded up in the corner of the dining room since 2cute was here to visit. Time to get that out. Maybe I can strengthen my legs and be more prepared for Vegas than I am now.

Well, my dears, I believe I will check on out of here. I woke up with a sore throat and I'm seriously thinking I'm coming down with something as I'm sitting here freezing.

I will talk to you all soon. Love ya bunches!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 01:04 AM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

Terri... that sounds like a good plan to me. Thanks
I REALLY do appreciate you getting this 2lbs in 2 weeks going.
It has made a MAJOR differenc in my life.
That and my Turkey pecking away at my feet.

Andria... sooo glad you are well enough to come post a little.

BarbPA... my hubby and son took off today for a "male bonding" fishing trip.
We have always made sure to have time for our kids while growing up.
We still do ... son is 30 now and still do their "bonding" trips. NO WOMEN ALLOWED
That is fine with me... because then there are NO MEN to wait on. LOL
Actually.. I am babysitting my youngest grandbaby one on one too.
No sharing toys or food ... just spoiling her all by herself.

Sandy... good night dear. Sweet dreams to you too.

Kerri... Congrats on your accomplishments at Curves. I am still a little afraid to go there.
I have one just 2 miles from my home. I have to drive 13 miles to go the Y.
Using those little forks and such really did teach me to slow down my eating. I was forced to take smaller bites. It was HARD in the beginning.. but learned quickly it helped.

Thin.. I am going to the movies first thing Friday. I want to see Bridget Jones.
I hope I am not disappointed. I have a bunch of refunds to do too. ugh.
Do you still do your BRA jobs ??? LOL

OH YES.... can you tell me where to find one of those clocks you had ?
My husband just LOVED it. I thought maybe I might get him one for christmas.
Hmmmm.. I think I may just get him a Tivo too. That would be great for me too.

CD ... that is a great before picture you posted. I can't wait to see the during and after photos next to it. You are soooo cute.

Well.. I have to confess I did not exercise today. I have no excuses. I just did not feel like it earlier and now it is past midnight so I am just going to bed instead.
I will get it in tomorrow for sure.

Food is Good... water is done ... journal is written. 3 out of 4 aint bad.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-12-2004 at 01:10 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 07:03 AM   #29  
I'm on my way!

GOOD MORNING! RISE AND SHINE! ITS A BEAUTIFUL RAINY DAY OUT THERE TODAY IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS! At least the plants and grass are getting a watering!

Well I decided that today I will go to WW and get weighed and make friday mornings my WI day instead of saturdays. I can't wait to go! Can you tell??? Gail did you get on the scale this morning and mark your official start?? Come on Girl...I'm counting on you!!

2Cute I didn't have a perfect day either..no exercise! Today I will have to do a video because no school for Andrew on fridays and since its raining I don't want to drag him out! But in the future on Fridays I can always pull him in the wagon! If he'll stay sitting...oh gosh...just the thought on pulling him up the hill in a wagon is making my legs ache! Maybe I can hop in the wagon and HE can pull his old mom up the hill, huh?

Andria glad you are feeling somewhat better! Get some rest and come back to post when you feel up to it!

OK I'm off to start my water! After WI we will stop at the Super Walmart and get some stuff we need. They have the WW little 1 pt chocolate cakes and such! And the ice cream. I am in need of some sweet stuff. Lately I have been craving sweets which isn't like me...I have been stealing Andrew's little packets of fruit pieces that are 2 pts a pack. I also love those 100 calorie packets by nabisco. The oreo cookie ones are the best and only 2 pts a pack.

I'll be back so you all better come out and post now!!

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-12-2004, 08:00 AM   #30  

Smile

Terri: Sounds like a good plan - Monday to every other Monday. I will take that as an ORDER !!!!

Off to work but Kerri - ask and ye shall receive - HELP. I was shocked when I looked in the mirror this morning - NO, not because of the way my face looks !! but because it was all red on the left side. It looked like if I had been outside in the summer in 100 degree weather - flushed - red - that kind of look. WHAT is it???? It has faded slightly - going to work will be fun!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote