Old 11-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again..#593

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:53 PM   #2  
Determined

oops I didn't see your thread! I guess I could make mine into something else :P
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:53 PM   #3  
I'm on my way!

I BROUGHT OVER SANDY'S POST SO YOU CAN SEE SHE'S BAAACCCKKK WITH US!! YIPPEEEE!

****WARNING: LURKER ALERT****
Sandy who???? I have been lurking for days now, and little things have been happening in my life reminding me of you all and this wonderful board. The other day I was at Subway and saw a sign that said they had been inspected by a "SECRET SHOPPER" and I instinctivly though of THIN. I opened up my e-mail yesterday and somehow a post got forwarded to my e-mail from the thread, and I was like OMG is that a sign or what? I don't know, but it has brought me back to you. I hope it's okay to just jump right on in. I have always kept this in my favorites too, I think deep down I knew I needed to be here, I knew I would be back.

I have started this post over and over again and have my fingers hovering over the keys. I have deleted every word and started again and again. What do I do?

Please forgive me for just leaving before. I know I didn't come back, I know it was wrong of me, I know I was blinded by the light....I know more than I need to write here about all that has happened in a 1/2 a years time, or maybe more?

I see you are all doing very well and I am happy. It is so upbeat. I see many new faces too, and see many old ones are missing/like me. But, they too may find their way back someday.

Now, do I hit post or delete? I think I will hit post and hope for the best.

Hugs to you all dear friends.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #4  

Hey, gang, just popping in briefly. Goodish day so far, but I was just asked by the Man Of My Dreams to cook for a reception tomorrow... so I'll have to withstand the temptation to eat while cooking, or to allow the leftovers to come home with me...

Sandy, welcome back, even though I wasn't here when you left. But I THINK IT'S GREAT YOU'RE BACK. Surely we all recognize what a tough journey this is for all of us.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:26 PM   #5  

Thanks for the warm welcome backs. Hmmmm, what have I been up too? Well weight wise I am up...the most I have ever been. I was at 306 the other day, but today am at 301, so I feel good about that.

The family is good. Kids are growing like weeds. I will put this years school pic in the picture thread.

Both Evan (12) and Alexis (7) are home with strep-throat today....blah...yuck. Both kids are very active. They are both playing basketball, and of course at different times and places. Seems like all I do is run run run for the kids.

I am still working for the same company, I work 35 hours a week now. We will finally be getting health insurance January 1st, that is a good thing. This one even pays for part of health clubs and part of any weight loss program that you and your doctor think is right for you. So, thats got my wheels in my head rolling around. I am thinking maybe it will cover some of the membership to the "Y", I just wish ours had a pool. Wonder if it will cover Weight Watchers or Curves? HMMMMM.

I really have decided this is it. I need to get this weight off. I am taking and giving support everywhere I can find and give it. I am tired of the not being able to tie my shoes without holding my breath or putting my foot up on somehting. There is just too much middle of me to reach the bottom of me. I want to not be winded when I get to the top of the stairs from putting a load of laundry in. I want to be able to play with my kids before they are older and don't want to play with me anymore. I want to not be embarrassed in the bedroom with hubby, even though he says it does not bother him. It BOTHERS me. Okay, maybe that was too much information, but we are all adults and I know I am not the only one with those feelings.

My oh my, my first day back and I sure am long winded. I am sorry if I am boring any of you to death.

For the people I don't know I just want to say HI....I look forward to getting to know all of you. This is one of the best boards on the net, with some of the most wonderful people on it in the world.

By the way....My name is Sandy and I have been married for 15 years to the love of my life. We have 2 kids as I mentioned above. We have 2 dogs, Chester and Daisy, 2 kittens, Mittens and Callie and 1 guinea pig....Lilly. If you would like to know anything else in particular please ask, I am pretty much an open book.
peekabooangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:32 PM   #6  
Dancing those pounds away

SANDY !!!!! WELCOME HOME !!!
I am sooooo happy to see you again.
No explanations are needed or apologies. Just fill us in on your life. I want to hear it all. I see you still have that cute little Peekaboo bear I found.
Gee.. did I mention how happy I am to see you. LOL

CD.. I often miss people posting while I am posting too. LOL
It is easy to go back and just delete it.
I see you read the water article. In the summer I can drink more than I can in the winter. Just think about this... the more weight we lose... the less we have to drink. LOL That is another incentive to lose 25 lbs.
Of course.. they say everyone needs that first 64 oz.

Thin.... I miss hearing about YOU. You have posted ... but nothing about how YOU are doing. You didn't think we wouldn't notice did ya. ??

Angela... good luck with resisting that temptation while cooking. You might try chewing gum while cooking so you won't "taste" everything. LOL Another tip.. which sounds funny ... is to eat a teaspoon of yellow mustard. It is suppose to kill the desire to eat or the taste buds or something. LOL OR... brush your teeth right before cooking. There is something about a freshly brush mouth you just don't want to mess up with food. Hmm... I just posted some more Tuesay Tips of the Day. LOL

Michelle.. thanks for starting the new thread and moving Sandy's post over.

Okay... now I am goint to go put my exercise video in and earn my feather.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:42 PM   #7  

And 2cute....you are just 2cute!!! Of course I still have my peekaboo bear. I can't believe we posted at the same time already.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:30 PM   #8  
Leanne

Well good morning all from down under (again)

I'm feeling so motivated after joining this group yesterday! This morning I have 3 out of 4 kids home from school (errghh there goes writing my thesis!), and I am going to head to the pool for some deep water walking soonish. I can just feel its going to be a successful day today!
It will take me a while to get to know everyone, so please be patient with me while I work on it
*heads off to the pool*

Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:57 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Hey! Sandy! Welcome back!! I thought of you when I was in Maine this past summer...

The kids are very cute!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:22 PM   #10  

You were in Maine, and I missed it!!! Damn....come back come back...
Old 11-09-2004, 08:27 PM   #11  

Smile

OH SANDY!!!!
WECOME BACK

I have thought of you often. Thank you for coming back and joining us!!!

Quote:
I want to not be embarrassed in the bedroom with hubby, even though he says it does not bother him. It BOTHERS me. Okay, maybe that was too much information, but we are all adults and I know I am not the only one with those feelings.
Even though I STILL DON'T HAVE A HUBBY IN THE BEDROOM I totally understand your comment. That is one of my hang ups - I don't feel good enough about my body to BE in the bedroom with a man.

Especially having to find someone - new - and have them see me like this!!!! UGH

BUT we can change this - turn into sexy "HOT Mama's"!!!! What do you say????

I am so excited you are back - but I am so far behind tonight I have to get off this computer.

I EXPECT another post within the next 24 hours!!!! OR ELSE - I send Kat to hunt you down!!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 08:49 PM   #12  

24 hours....not a problem, how about 11 minutes? LOL

Thank you all for your warm welcomes and open arms. It is so nice to come back and be welcomed like this. You don't know how much it means to me. You can only imagine the smile on my face. You are all such special sweet ladies. I have truely missed you all.

Hugs....
Old 11-09-2004, 09:27 PM   #13  

Well, I figured out WHAT I'm cooking, at least... pasta e fagioli for the meat-eaters, and mushroom risotto for the vegetarians. Am I the only one who never cooks unless I've got other people to cook for?

Sandy--What a shame to have to wait so long for health insurance, but yippee that it covers some things that will really help your health!

2cute--Thanks for the tips... I'll try the gum thing. I think I'll also eat an apple before I start cooking--that'll fit in the plan and if I'm actually FULL I'll be less tempted to pick.

Leanne--3 out of 4 kids home????? That just seems plain unfair.

Lucky--Yeah, we're all dealing with this issue in some way, aren't we. I used to think it would be great to find a guy for whom my body size was the ideal; then I was hit on by this guy who had a fetish... oh boy, was that NOT FUN.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Back Sandy!

Very well said!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:57 PM   #15  

Hi everyone! New to the entire forum, but just located this 300+ group and you are all what I need! I'm 28 in Texas, married with one daughter at home and a stepson in MD and I work full time as a nurse.

Seems the last 2 years I've been doing office work, my decreased movement of running on the floor doing actual physical work nursing, my weight has really started to FEEL like a lot of weight. I'm at 356 and want to hit 200 and then go from there.

I started a semi-diet last week and have gone completely Dr. Pepper free every single day since the 1st. Not bad considering everyone at work says I need a DP IV, or they say, "Good morning, Dr. Pepper lady." Now unbelievably I've become the water lady! How cool is that?

I joined curves last night and did twice around the circuit, in my scrubs and completely whipped after that. Went back tonight and finished all three laps around it. Woohoo! I think I'll have it down pretty good in a few weeks, but I was pretty dang proud of myself tonight, but feeling it in my calves and upper arms like I never thought I would.

I'm not doing a particular diet, rather trying to cut down on portion sizes and just be sensible. I don't want to give up carbs ever, and I love meat. So my plan is to cut down and just STOP when I am full. Easier said than done!
~Kerri~ is offline   Reply With Quote