Old 10-06-2004, 10:42 PM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just checking in quick before bed. Yes, I'm hoping to head there early tonight.

Barbg: Here's [[[hugs]]] and prayers for your niece. I hope the surgery is successful and clears up the misery she's been in.

Jessica: Sure, you can join us. Welcome! We'd be glad to have you. Sounds like you've already had some great success. Good for you, looking for some support before the gain continues. I've sent you a PM that will help you navigate around here. Write often. It's the best way to get to know all of us, and us, you.

Gotta run. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:21 AM   #17  

Default still trudging along

I am still working on losing. I feel like I have hit a plateau, but it may be from the fact that "the time" is coming soon. I was also put on b/c because of different problems. I am determined to lose, it just seems to be very hard. Hopefully I will see some success soon.
I know I have not been posting much lately. I have just been extremely busy. I now have my computer back though so hopefully it will be easier. .
Maybe that smilie worked ok.
these seem to be ok tonight. Maybe it was something with my husband's computer. It was finniky some nights.
I will try to post more tomorrow night.

I hope everyone is having real success.

IN HIM
Tammy
momfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:13 AM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys. !!! I have been a busy girl today.
I can't decide if I am just really determined.... or I am just plain STUPID !!!
The temperature of the water today was barely 70 degrees. That is COLD !!!
And yes... I went swimming in it. I just don't want to miss out on my exercise and I am committed to my swimming. I just like it better than anything else.
I know I am going to have to find a substitute until after vacation is over but until then I don't want to do anything else ... so I keep swimming.
It is the one thing I am doing right ... I think. LOL

My food was pretty good today. I was not tempted by the pie that caused me so much problems yesterday... (it is in the freezer). But I craved to eat off program several times... but I DID NOT succumb to it.
I "wanted" mass feeding. I ate in moderation.

Lisa.... your sister sounds 2cute2btrue. Grrrrr

Lucky.... 78 is not hot lady. You need to come and spend a summer in OKla. LOL

Terri... I dedicate this post to you. LOL I appreciate all of your posts. Thanks.

Jessica... WELCOME !!!! We love to have newcomers here.
Just jump right in and post on a regular bases. Learn as you go... we are very understanding and will help all we can.

Barb.g ... Your niece is in our prayers. She should recuperate quickly from this.

Thin... I am proud of you for getting to bed early tonight. Are going to bed or the recliner ?? Hope your back is better.

Tammy... good to see you posting again. Just remember that plateaus are as much a part of weight loss journey as losing.

Okay... I am going to learn from Thin and get to bed before 1am tonight... or this morning. LOL
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 07:25 AM   #19  
Determined

Welcome Jessica! Barb, my thoughts are on your neice, I hope she gets well soon.

Last night I had an all vegetable dinner! I don't know if that is good or bad... I'm hoping good! I don't really have food and I was in an odd mood, so I cooked carrots, corn, and broccoli together and just ate it as a meal.

I was feeling soooo sleepy (as I have been feeling as of late) and was about to go to bed around 10pm (way early for me) but I finally convinced myself to get up and work out! And I did! 2miles(30minutes) of WATP. It felt great Then when I was tempted to snack I only had some applesauce (another good choice I hope!)... So I'm pretty happy about yesterday.

Today will be another day to get through though... I'm e-mailing my boss to see if I can have the day off because I didn't realize how much studying I would need to do for this test (I hate doing this last minute ) and hopefully I'll work out twice today.

Good luck to the rest of you!

I'm thankful for so much
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:06 AM   #20  

Smile

Barbg: [[[hugs]]] and prayers for your niece.

Jessica: Welcome! Happy you chose our thread to join.

I don't know, I may have to change my weigh in day. I seem to always weigh less on Thursdays - NOT Wednesday's!!! THEN I have to hang on to that loss for a whole week in order to post on the weigh in thread. I keep telling myself it's a good thing !!!!

2Cute: What a wimp - come up here in the middle of winter - people actually jump in the lake then here !!!! 70 would feel like boiling water after that!!!! Good job on the swimming!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:15 AM   #21  
Lisa

Talking

Good morning ladies - Just a quickie to say "hi" and tell you that I'm always so very thankful for each and every one of you. You all have made this "journey" more appealing, more tolerable. I know that if I wouldn't have found you, I wouldn't be where I am today. I'd probably be sitting on my butt, still feeling sorry for myself and not doing anything about it. You all are wonderful!

Jessica - WELCOME! I know you will find that everyone here is as awesome as I said!

Gotta run - my downstairs is calling at me to clean today - you'd die if you saw how messy it is!!! I'll be back later today.

Love you all!!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 08:19 AM   #22  

Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. Glad to be part of such a great group. I am doing good with my eating still need to get the exercise agoing. Im tired alot. Have to start maybe ill get more energy. what are some plans you all are on ? Well ahev to run . hope to talk to everyone soon. Take care.
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:13 AM   #23  
Determined

Jessica - Being that I'm a poor college student (and I suck at following rules!) I'm on the "Just start eating healthier/less and working out daily" plan My goal is an overall lifestyle change, so I don't think a diet would work so much, since they're so restricting. I always quit them and cheated on them because they didn't fit me. It takes a lot of guts to make your own sortve "diet" though, but it works!

I'm feeling so energized today. I kept trying to sleep in until 10 but couldn't. I just had a small cup of cereal for breakfast, and plan on having some chili for lunch and perhaps dinner.

I think I'm getting back on track guys! I'm so excited, I know I don't want to let myself down!
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 10:45 AM   #24  

Rise and Shine ladies. Looks like a few of us are up and going strong.
I don't have time to post but it felt soooo GOOD to come in here and find several posts. THANK YOU guys !!!

Lisa.... You guys show me I am not alone too.
CD ... congratulations on your success last night.
Lucky... I think about those polar bear swimmers while I am swimming. Their NUTS.
Jessica... getting healthy and EXERCISING will definitely "perk you up".

Thankful Thursday....

Thankful for all of you.
Thankful for my family.
Thankful for being able to jump right back on the wagon yesterday.
Thankful for this FALL weather. Ahhhh
Old 10-07-2004, 11:59 AM   #25  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Just a quick post to let you know I'm alive!

Food has been really good. I still need to increase my water intake. That is always a bit of a struggle as the weather cools. I'm still only doing physical therapy for exercise, but the doc gave me a cortisone shot in the knee (major pain!!! ) yesterday, and it is supposed to help... We'll see. We also set a date for the scope. Can't get it until November 8th. Seems so far away.

I'm fighting off a bit of depression by doing all the things I know make me feel good and confident about myself. Keeping to my food plan is one of those. I even told Adam off yesterday when he was trying to bully me into a piece of pie at Village Inn. The words I used were, "I don't appreciate you bullying me." They worked! He quit the sabotage attempts immediately.

Got to run. My ride to the grocery store is ready.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 04:37 PM   #26  

Hi,
Thanks for all the replys makes me feel good. All this support is great .(THANKS)
I have lost 6 pounds so far. so i am excited about that. I have been walking to my sons school bus stop instead of driving and thats helping. fresh air. I am eating good . everone seems like there doing great. Take care.
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 09:42 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

We've had a day of rain. I hope its over.

We spent the evening at the barn. Tonight was the night for the farrier to come. He took the special shoe off Ginger so that is good news. I'm glad we went out to put them in stalls last night. The lots are mud swimming pools.

We had lunch with the MIL today. She lives in an independent living facility so we ate in the dining room. Food was good but not OP.

Billy Graham is in town to do a crusade. The first for this city since 1977. Tonight is the first night and the rain has been horrendous. We're going tomorrow night. I'm so excited. This is a once and only opportunity since he's 85 and very frail.

Anyone watch Survivor? Kind of boring. Looks like the old folks are voting off all the youngins.

Kat and BarbPa - You're much too quiet. We need your support!

Jessica - Welcome to the group! Congrats on the pounds gone so far!

Andria - Good job for fight off the sabotage from Adam.

2Cute - for getting back OP and for freezing that pie!

Lisa - My downstairs is calling you for a cleaning too!

Barb.G - Your niece will be in my prayers.

Thin - How's your back? How are you doing about staying OP?

Lucky - Did I see that you've lost another 1-1/2? Must be the pilates.

CD - Sorry about the BF problems. Good job on the exercising.

Tammy - Don't get discouraged. Hang in there and stay focused!

to everyone!!

I'm off to bed.

Goodnight!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:49 AM   #28  

Smile

HI there. Boy did we have RAIN here. I lost my electricity at least 10 times but it did not stay off long. I did lose my phone line though ... so that meant no computer for me.
I am obviously up and going now.

Andria... Cortizone shot... OUCH !!!
I had two of those in my heel.
The first one hurt... but not unbearable. The second one was given to me by a different doctor... and it hurt like %#@&* !!! When I went in for my third visit I had tears in my eyes just in anticipation of that shot AGAIN. I was sooooo happy when they said they were going to wait. They did help though... but I had decided I was going to tell them I would take the pain of the heel over the pain of the shot.
Jesica... Congratulations on those 6 lbs !!!!
It sounds like you are doing great in all areas.... keep up the good work.

Terri... We had the RAIN too. Almost 7 inches
In fact we got 5 inches in about an hour. Flash flooding everywhere.. but no one hurt. It was funny... because some places close by only got 1-2 inches. Weird.

I too am missing all the oldtimers who are not posting much.
Kat.. Barb ...Thin ... Michelle ...Mary... Syn
And there are a lot of newcomers too that need to pop in more too.
I know I can't remember everyone so know this means YOU.

I am getting my hair cut tomorrow. A new guy. I saw him do a makeover years ago on a little local show. I hope he is still good and can help me.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 10-08-2004 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:14 AM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! As you can see from the time stamp, it's late, or early, depending on how you want to look at it.

I'm exhausted, but wanted to stop in and say hi.

My back is not better and it's really ticking me off. I didn't actually pop a disk like I usually do, the pain is more what I feel for a few days AFTER I've done that. Who knows. It's just that constant ache and it's getting old, very fast.

It's recliner night again. I just feel so much worse when I've slept in my bed.

I have some exciting news. Honey and I booked a trip to Las Vegas!!! As you know, we have not gone anywhere, mostly because of my size. But some friends booked a trip that included first class air fare. Well, long story short, we didn't get in on that special because I didn't realize that it expired when it did, but we decided to go anyway. (mostly because Honey looked so disappointed when I told him we weren't going ) Anyway, we talked about it and we booked 3 airline seats. First class seats were 4 times as much as coach seats. I called Northwest directly and told them the situation and the third seat was a reduced fare by $20. Not wonderful, but better than full price. Anyway, we go December 7th through the 10th.

We couldn't get the great hotel deal that our friends got either, so we're staying in the next hotel over from theirs. That's actually ok because we/they won't feel obligated to do EVERYTHING with us, we can just meet up for a meal here or there and an outting. Should be fun.

The couple we're going with, the husband is the guy I ran for the school board with so we've travelled together before and we all get along pretty well.

My food is going pretty well. The scale : was behaving the other day when I jumped on it. I feel pretty good about life right now, just if my back would cooperate, I could DO something.

Well, my dears, my back is killing me so I'm going to go to my recliner and say goodnight to you all. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:01 AM   #30  
a work in progress...

Default Oh, I'm here!

I just really haven't had much time to post. My son is making his confirmation today, so when we're not running off to football practice, it's been confirmation practice...this week has been a whirlwind of activity...I'm ready to settle down and be done with the driving for a while.

I've been trying to clean out my upstairs too...we have guests coming in November. So much stuff! I'd love to have a garage sale if I had time to organize one! On top of all this I've had KILLER CRAMPS all week! I thought this would be getting less and less and I get older... My uterus seems to be kick into overdrive once a month, anymore!! This could explain those wacky mood swings too!

Anyway...I'm not ignoring you all...I know I have some catching up to do here and an overdue welcome to Jess! I'll be back soon.

I'm holding steady with the weight, no loss. no gain this week...holding out posting weight til the end of the challenge!

Have a good day. all!

katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote