Old 10-05-2004, 10:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#578

COME JOIN US!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:28 PM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

I found Barbg's post on the second page of the last thread so I have moved it over here. I did not want anyone to miss it. Hope you don't mind Barb.
Soooo this is Barbs post NOT mine.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just wanting to let you know I don't have a Tuesday Tip!!! I walked about 3/4 a mile in the water this morning, and according to our instructor walking in the water takes 12 times the effort of walking on land.

My niece is still in the hospital, still don't know what's wrong, thinking now it's probally an ulcer at 16 years old

293/291/156
295/289/156 4/28/04
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:38 PM   #3  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Wink Tuesday Tips and a Slice of Guilt Pie

Hiya Ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted. Was sick all weekend, home sick Monday and back to work today. Feeling much better.

I have been having an acute attack of the "guilties" around my not posting individual responses to you all. Please believe I read every word you all post every day. I sincerely love you all more than I could have ever believed possible in cyberspace. This place has been sooo unbelievably helpful and wonderful and everyone's support and friendship is amazing. I guess I just don't want any of you to think I don't care enough to respond individually. I will work hard to begin doing it once a week.

'Nuff said.

As far as tips....hmmmmm....well, I realized that I need to have some kind of snack in the evening, and my combination Rosedale/South Beach diet doesn't account for that. They both stress that eating should be done for the day once you've had dinner. Phooey on that. If I don't plan a snack then I'll devour the entire refrigerator at one go before bedtime. My tip is this: Make it healthy and light but satisfying. If I do that, I don't wake up at 2 a.m. and wander around aimlessly in the kitchen with no lights on looking for hubbies brownies.

Have a great night and a good Wednesday!

TTFN
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:45 PM   #4  

Well now it is me. LOL
I am not very happy with myself. My food plan was NOT followed today. Grrr
I did not pig out... I did not over eat .... I just made some bad choices.
It is not the end of the world. I am not going to gain 20 lbs because of it.
BUT... It was NOT WHAT I WANT. It is the fact that I am so undiscplined. Grrr
My food plan is simple and EASY to follow.

My sister made us a homemade pecan pie. She makes the BEST pecan pies.
Well... I caved in ... twice !!! PLUS a few nibblles too. Grrrr
I know... I know ... it is no BIG thing in the whole picture of things.... but ...
It is a lack of discpline. Geeeee.... I could have at least waited and ate it for dessert for dinner. I am sooooo frustrated with myself.

Let's face it.... if it had been my child who was told to wait and not eat any pie until dinner and then ATE IT ANYWAY ... I would not be calm and forgiving to them.
It was NOT asking too much. It was not out of line to expect them to WAIT.

PLUS... for ME.... some foods are like alcohol to an alcoholic. I can't eat just one bite. THOSE foods need to not be a part of my food plan. I am just asking for failure. It is easier to not eat it at all than to eat it in a sane , rational, and in moderation.

Then to top it off. I followed it by saying I might as well take the entire day off. I did not pig out by any means. I just ate choices that were not good.

Okay... I am not throwing in the towel. I have been cheat free since Sept 20th and that is a HUGE accomplishment. That is 16 days !!!!! My goal to make it until my vacation... a whole month. I did not make the entire month... but I did make 16 days and for that I AM GRATEFUL !!! I am grateful I kept up my swimming too.
I am grateful that as of THIS MOMENT I am back on MY PROGRAM. I am not waiting until morning to start because I could do a LOT of damage between now and then.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:54 PM   #5  

Chris... we were posting at the same time.
I wish you would not worry so much about replys.
Sure we all love them... BUT .. I would much rather have you posting about YOU than repling to me. Give yourself a break and just share. Don't worry about replys so much.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:57 PM   #6  
Christine

Thumbs up 2Cute to be guilty

2Cute...

You're right, you've done a great job at being so committed for so long and well done for seeing today for what it was...a bad choice DAY...not week...or a month. You haven't fallen off the wagon...you just dropped your shoe and will put it back on tomorrow morning when you get up!!!

Remember...in the immortal words of Dr. Seuss: "Today is gone, today was fun. Tomorrow will be another one."

In the grand scheme of things, when we struggle with food addiction the way we do, if we can count more good and healthy days than bad ones, then we should get a gold star. It's not about the numbers on a scale...it's about how we feel about ourselves, our choices and our lives. It's about learning to love ourselves as we are while at the same time striving to be healthier, leaner and happier.

Well, now I'm off my , I guess I'll go to bed.

Hey!!! One individual post response!!! Yay!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 12:00 AM   #7  
Christine

Wink Replying to a reply to a reply...:)

2cute...

We did it again!

Thanks for your words of support...it meant a lot!!!

TTFN
Old 10-06-2004, 07:54 AM   #8  

Smile

PLEASE Don't give Terri her request
Quote:
I do have a request though. For a "slap" smilie when you need to smack someone. Or maybe a kicking boot for a kick in the a$$
I am begging you!!!! I KNOW who she will be slapping and kicking!!!!

Terri:

Quote:
few of the idiot VP's and sales staff
Some things in life NEVER change!!!!

I didn't change a thing but today all of the "fun" stuff works???????
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:02 AM   #9  

Well..... here I am... CHEAT FREE still.
I did start over in the middle of the night.
I AM GOING TO PERSERVERE !!!

Chris.. thanks for the pep talk. I wonder if you are posting at this moment.???
I followed YOUR instructions... now you follow mine. Don't worry about replys.

Lucky... I think you will be safe. Terri has her and she hasn't used it on you ... YET !!!

Okay.. I am out of here. I am on my road to recovery !!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 02:46 PM   #10  

I was surprised to see no one has posted since I was here this morning.
Here is something I found and thought it could help all of us.

---------------------------------------------------------
This is one of my favorite mottos from Lean for Life. I thought I would share.
Eat Better .... Move More ..... Stress Less

Eat Better:
Even when life doesn't allow you to eat perfectly, you can always "Eat Better". The awareness of what you're eating can promote better food choices. Every day, find helpful tips for healthier eating.

Move More:
Even if you can't exercise for an hour every day (or a half hour every day, or even 15 minutes every day...) you can always " More More" - more than you might have if you weren't so aware. Every day, discover easy, fun ways to "Move More".

Stress Less:
Stress is one of the major reasons people cite for discontinuing a weight management program. But no matter how hectic and demanding yoi life is, you can always "Stress Less" even if you can't be perfectly relaxed. Every day, learn ways to manage the inevitable stress that life presents you.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:58 PM   #11  
Lisa

Talking

Hey gals - well for whatever reason the smileys aren't working (again) for me today and I don't have the patience to mess with it right now.

Isaac did wonderful at daycare again today - I'm soooo glad.

Food today has been pretty good - much better than yesterday. I still need to get more water in, but I'm working on it.

Chris - I love your Yoda quote! I'm a Star Wars freak (not an extreme one, though). And don't go worrying about personal replies. Quite often we help each other - unknowingly - just by sharing what's on our hearts and minds.

2Cute - geez, you sound just like my sister with your "grrrr" and I'll bet you say it just like she does, too!

Lucky - I have to say, I think a boot in the a$$ or a slap would be a good smiley to have - and don't forget, Terri wouldn't be the only one who could use it!

Gotta run, the snot machine is calling for a kleenex and needs mommy's help.

Have wonderful Wednesday everyone!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:34 PM   #12  

Thumbs up

I had to hop in and complain.

It's HOT here!!!! 78 degrees today!!! Bet you didn't think that is what I would say!!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I'm tired and having laptop problems so I won't post much. Just had to pop in and say hi and bye! Oh, and to tell 2Cute that I'd post during the day a bunch if I could from work. But I know what you mean when you hop on and no one's posted. It feels like you're talking to yourself.

Everyone have a good sleep!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:25 PM   #14  

Hi,
My name is Jess and I was wondering if I could be a part of this great group. I need to lose 100 pounds. I lost 136 but gained 50 back. I am 26 live in ohio have 2 boys 3and 6 yrs old married for 7 yrs. i need all the help I can get to get this weight off.
Thanks take care..
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 10:26 PM   #15  
Hang In There

Just a quick note to say that my 16 y/o niece will be having her gallbladder removed in the morning. There are no gallstones, but the gallbladder itself is not working right, so it has to come out!!! Keep her in your prayers.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote