Old 04-14-2004, 06:56 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#515

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 06:57 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy! Haven't started a new thread in awhile, almost forgot how.

There's a bit of a conversation going on elsewhere, so I'm going to bring a couple of posts over here. Be right back......
Old 04-14-2004, 06:58 PM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Mistiel at 1:21 PM today:

Hi Everybody,

Forgive me if I am doing this wrong. Ususally I am very good on the computer but find it confusing here for some reason. Years ago, I was familar with the Richard Simmons news groups, which was bulleton boards simular but not. So this is new to me, I loved those boards but after awhile they became a very negative place to be. I don't need negavtive support. So I dropped the list and have been in search for something like this for a very long time. Here I am! Everyone seems so nice. I thank those of you who have given me a warm welcome and have said hi to me.

So here we are today. I thought that I would post my goals for today.

# 1 Drink 64 oz. of water.
# 2 Work out for 20+ minutes
# 3 Eat well. Live well!

Just so you know a little bit about my current situation. Readers Digest Version! I have been with my husband for 8 years in August. We both had great jobs, were buying a house. Both had fairly nice cars, I had enrolled in school to become a decorator, as I have a passion for it. Life was good except my weight.

I was given the oppurtunity to move to Truckee, California to work for a couple and in one year my husband and I would own the company and move back home to Spokane with it. It was hard, I had never left home before. We sold our house, quite our jobs, sold our cars to get a Ford Expedetion because in Truckee, you are in the Sierra Mountains and it snows allot, and there are tons of hills.

Here we went to chase our dream. In January, I startet out with a bang, I worked out every day, did my thing, got into my groove, was actually losing weight. I don't know how to put this to where you won't be bored but will understand...

The couple that we worked for were not nice people and we soon caught them in more lies and time went on. I was running the company due to their health problems etc. Every week, I asked them for a contract stating when, how much, we would buy the company for. There never followed through.

One in Feb. I told them how I felt, about the lies and said that I felt I was being lied to or brushed off. We had been down there for six months and I needed a contract. Everything was fine. See ya tomorrow, I will have an answer to all of your questions.

Two hours later, I recieved a phone call and she said, we have made a decision and your fired. I was dumbfounded, my dream crushed in a matter of minutes. Every dime we made on our house we spent to move. Our Mortage payment in Spokane was 554.00 a mos. Rent there was 1500.00 a mos. We were busted flat in Truckee. We had a lease until August.

Needless to say, we had to borrow money for a Uhaul, I packed up the house in 4 days, talked to the landlord, he was thankfully understanding. We now live with my Mom in her small house. My husband just got a job and I am currently looking but feel discouraged because of my weight.

I am not depressed about it anymore but I will tell you I damn near ate everything in site from Feb. until now. So, here comes summer and little miss mistie is still in a size 32 and well over 300 pounds. Its time to make something good come of this. Stop waisting time and lose the weight.

I lost over 100 pounds when I was 18 and I gained it all back. For some reason I have tried several times and have always failed. Not this time.

Thanks for reading my story and learning about my situation. I don't want any pity, just some good solid friends who we can support eachother in this weight loss battle. I hope to meet people, learn new things, hear new ideas, I love success stories. I was reading posts lastnight and came across mthergoose? She was my size or short of it and has lost all that weight, she really inspired me. I love that feeling.

I will see you all around and look forward to getting to know each and everyone of you.

Until then,

Mistie
Old 04-14-2004, 06:59 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 2cute2Bfat at 3:30 PM

Welcome Mistie !!!! Glad you shared your story with us. You definitely have had a rough going lately... but that is all behind you now and your life will surely pick up again.
Just remember.. if you lost 100lbs before.. you KNOW you can do it again.
Keep the faith and follow your plan you described above and you will be there before you know it.
I am looking forward to hearing from you more. Be sure to join in our the other threads within this 300+ group. You will love the people here... I sure do.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:59 PM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Mistiel at 4:23 PM

I am going in circles but actually think i got the hang of it. Thanks for being so nice to me. Well I am off to the store, to buy lean meats and some veggies! Gonna go work out, I am downing my water. I am good to go, chat with ya in a bit. Can't wait! I will hurry!! Gosh, I feel like a little kid again.

Mistie
Old 04-14-2004, 07:00 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Mistiel at 6:35 PM

Where did everybody go???

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello? Anybody out there? well I just got back from the store. I bought Ground Turkey burger (never tried before) turkey kabasa, and some Chicken breast and tonight for dinner I will make low fat Chicken fahitas! W/ lots of peppers, lettuce and tomotoes and salsa. Chat w/ you all after a while,

Mistie
Old 04-14-2004, 07:27 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, hello again! I think we're back on the same page!

I was out today having lunch with Susie. We're so excited to be getting on the road together. She said, "we'll be like Thelma and Louise. Only we won't die in the end." We are both looking sooooo forward to this road trip. I asked her what kind of music she likes and she said "anything I can sing to." Oh my! We are going to make quite the pair. If you hear an Explorer rounding the bend with singing voices, you'll know it's us.

I had to go shopping for some clothes. Didn't think anyone would appreciate me sleeping alfresco, if you know what I mean. I'm definitely a jeans and tee shirt girl so I hope casual casual is in order.

2cute: Glad that you're feeling better. A kidney infection is nothing to mess with. You sure have been plagued with alot of illness this year. You need to take care of yourself, girl. Stress is a killer, or haven't you heard??? [[[hugs]]]

Connie: Good to see you. You must not get to the library very often.

Mary: Glad you're lurking, but would sure like to see more of you.

JoeAnne: Good to see you too. How are things going at your end? Are your classes almost done for this term?

Melissa: My honey and I spent 3 weeks in England when we were in high school. We went with the school choir on a singing tour. Got to put on concerts in a bunch of little places in the Lake District and then we spent a week in London. Singing in the BIG cathedrals was the best!

Terri: You're doing so well. I'm hoping your inspiration will rub off on me eventually!

Barbg: I've haven't been on my best "eatting behavior" in quite awhile. I won't watch what you eat, if you don't watch what I eat. Deal????

Lucky: Do I dare ask what a "pole" saw is??? Whatever, it sounds like you're pleased to have it.

Barb: I think you best ask for the one nurse over anyone else now that someone there knows how to get blood out of you. You have to have it drawn to dang much to be a pin cushion every time you go in. * Boy, this fever of honey's doesn't have anything to do with his prior surgery, I hope. A lingering infection, maybe? Hope he feels better real soon.

Andria: Glad the biopsy went well. I hope the results confirm what the dr. thinks is a good outcome. * Your article is awsome. You have such a nice way with words. No wonder everyone wants you to write.

Ingrid: Glad you're still hanging out with us. It's good to see you.

Jen: So sorry about hubby's situation. I know how much you were expecting him to be coming home. [[[hugs]]] Keep your chin up.

Well, my pretties, I'm gone for a couple of days and where'd everyone go? Judy and Blue are missing. Michelle hasn't been around in awhile. Duckie's gone AWOL on us. There are others too....you know who you are!!!! We miss you all. Please come back and visit if you're still around lurking. Just let us know you're ok.

Gotta run. See you all later. Love ya bunches.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:16 PM   #8  

hello, gang!

this is my first real post to the group. i found the fatchicks forum a couple of nights ago and i'm mesmerized. i've spent hours pouring over posts and doing searches on topics that interest me. i asked god for help the other night with my weight loss and i found fatchicks that night. and it has been a godsend.

my starting weight was 370. i'm down to 348 but haven't weighed to see what i am this week. i started my period today and that should bring a nice whoosh to the weight loss (fingers crossed).

cheers,
samantha
Sexy Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:17 PM   #9  
:) Happy :)

Well it's me! Everybody I'm sure everyone is sick of me posting already. Enough Right? LOL I Worked out today, done good on water and on food. Will make dinner here in awhile. Have a nice night everybody. I am going to go lurke on the other boards since no ones here Chat w/ ya later.

Last edited by mistiel; 04-14-2004 at 08:20 PM.
mistiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:19 PM   #10  

Hi Samantha! I too just found this place the other night and love it already and have made a handful of friends. I am exciting to become more involved with the group and chats. So, I welcome you, newbie to newbie. Ever wanna chat, PM me.

Mistie
Old 04-14-2004, 08:47 PM   #11  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Girls, I'm just checking in for a moment before i go downstairs to do my WEIGHTS. Yes WEIGHTS. I think I did GREAT food-wise today..i was feeling bad this morning when i had a bowl of cereal at 2 am..so i just counted it as food for this morning, and right about now I'm still under my points.

NOTE FOR MISTIEL: WELCOME!! Wow girl, you've been very active today..that's awesome. I just wanted to tell you that I FEEL YOUR PAIN with the SCALE issue. I've been dealing with that for WEEKS. This past summer it weighed me in at about 306...and then i got on a few weeks ago and all i see is ERROR. i mean, i dont even know what i've lost. but keep your chin up, i dont recommend buying yourself a new scale..that's just depressing. get weighed at the doctor..or even sneak on one at the store sometime (they leave 'em on display)...concentrate on EATING WELL and MOVING MORE. Soon the people closest to you will notice subtle changes, adn so will you. For example, my clothing may not feel a lot looser, BUT i can tell that i feel smaller in my car, also in some of the chairs we have in the house.

I'll be back with my report on my activities....
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 09:50 PM   #12  

MissMeliss,

Thanks for your advice. After talking it over and going back and forth in my head and debating my options w/ DH I have decided to join TOPS tomorrow night at 5:15 pm, is weigh in. I am scared, I am very shy until I get to know people but still, I am nervous in a certain situation that I have never been. It is held up at a local church and my DH said that he would go w/ me the first time so I would feel more comfortable. That's a plus.... that is so cool, you actually feel smaller and hope to feel the same way soon. I look forward to see your report and kudos on the great eating today.

Talk to you later,
MistieL
Old 04-14-2004, 09:59 PM   #13  

Thumbs up

WELCOME Samantha & mistiel

kat: Happy you are back. I love Fisherman's Wharf.

BarbPA I can't get into the dentist until the 21st. I just keep hoping that the tooth where I lost the filling doesn't start to hurt.
I can see already we are going to get a lot of entertainment out of your doctor/nurse experiences. Hopefully most will be on the good/humerous side rather than the side.

Well, Thin I would love to educate you - you helped me with bra questions I can answer "pole saw" questions. A pole saw is a chain saw on a pole. Mine extends up to 12feet. (okay, some of you, I know, are snickering. 2Cute, Thin, Kat!!!!) You use it to cut tree limbs. It is all put together and laying in the porch at the moment.

I plan on using my saw tomorrow night so I will report back as to how a 12 foot pole saw works.

Later,
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:20 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Lucky - Count me in with the group of snickering women! Looking forward to the pole saw update tomorrow!

(I just can't help but include the kicking can when I talk to you)

Kat - I am glad to know that you are back home safe and sound!

Melissa - Yay on the workout (assuming you did it).

Thin, 2cute, Connie, everyone else out there..... HELLO!!!!

I've gotta go check on the sick DH - his fever went up and little and then back down a tad. I made him drink lots of gatorade and take some tylenol. I pray he gets over this quickly. I need him to be my "rock" right now.

Night Gals!
Love Ya!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good evening!

Tonight, DH and I spent the evening checking out places to board our horse. We have got to get her moved closer to home and free mom from the burden. It was okay to have her down there when dad was alive, but its too much of a burden. Especially after she got foundered last year - which is disastorus - and thought we were going to have to put her down (the horse, not mom! ). We would have if she had not been pregnant. We've found a place not to far from home that has a nice dry lot and has a working area so I can get reacquainted with her. I haven't ridden in about a 1-1/2 years between losing dad and then her being sick.

Food was pretty good today except we got McDonald's for dinner. Chicken nuggets and fries. I'll figure out the points and deduct from flex points where we went over. No exercise at all today.

The dog just headed off to bed without me so I guess its about that time.

Lucky - You had asked about the stability ball. I got mine at www.ginmiller.com that came with one video. For $39, I got the ball and two videos. I like the "Fit Over Fifty" that I ordered by mistake. Very good for all over conditioning. And they show you how to get on the ball and not kill yourself!

Barb - DH has trouble with giving blood. The last time, the gal put a blood pressure cuff on him and had no trouble with his veins rolling.

Thin - Great to see you. Get your focus, girl! I'll be looking out for a Explore barreling south! We're in the Kansas City area so its 3-4 hours for us. We'll be heading out on Friday after work in just ONE WEEK! Is that right? Wonder if I can lose 10 pounds by then?

Hello to Samantha! Misty, you've got some great enthusiasm! Thanks for sharing your story. I felt the same way when I first joined WW several years ago. But, its an important first step and you live through it! Good luck!

I'm heading to bed now. Have a great tomorrow!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote