Old 04-11-2004, 10:10 PM   #16  
Progress..not perfection

Wink

Hi Ladies....

Just wanted to stop by and tell you all Happy Easter!

Take care.
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 10:16 PM   #17  
Hang In There

Jen, when I heard on the news all that was going on, I wondered if it would affect you and your husband. So sorry to hear it did.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:22 AM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up

I hope everyone had a wonderful EASTER
We had a GREAT DAY !!!! We all enjoyed each other and the kids loved their little gifts and found lots of eggs.

I came here tonight for one main reason... to send a message to Jen.
I was watching the news and feared her husband not getting to come home.
I was surprised to find you had already posted.
My heart aches for you... hang in there sweetie.

Barb... keep your chin up girl. All of that hazzle will be sooo worth it.

Lucky.... ....... Miss ya !!

TINA... good to see you girl !!!! How the heck have you been ???
We sure miss ya !!! You never replied to my emails or PMs about our TONY . Have you seen his several commercials??
I love the one at the theatre racing toy cars.

Miss meliss... sorry to hear you had family problems.
Keep postive girl !!!

I am falling asleeep as I type. I went to bed at 5am and up at 8am so I am more than ready for bed. Having a house full of company all day I am ready for my Zzzzzzzzzz.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:19 PM   #19  

Well, crap - I was taking those antibiotics for my tooth - the filling fell out of it!!!!! AND I can't get into my dentist until the 21st. They said they would call if they had a cancellation before then. I just HATE tooth problems. Well, I suppose everyone does but I don't like putting so much money into a losing situation.

I also feel crappy so I don't know if that's from the tooth or what.

Nice to see you again Tina. I alway think of you when I hear the word "Nascar". One of our clients name is Tony Steward!!!

BarbPA I don't envy all that mixing you have to do .. keeps me out of the kitchen too!!!!

Jen, how are you today? If you decide to come back here how long would you stay?
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 12:30 PM   #20  
Hang In There

I just had a novel idea. I'm starting today doing things the old fashioned way. I'm going to count calories!!! I haven't done that since the middle ages. I've tried every trick in the book and then some, but decided to really bet back to the most basic basics. Tonight Ill check out the food tracker thread.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:41 PM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Just stopping in for a quick Hello!!!

Tina - it was wonderful to see you pop in. Would love a quick update on how you are doing.

Thanks to everyone for your love and support. It means so much to me!
Love Ya!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:49 PM   #22  

Smile

Barb I have convinced myself of the counting calorie method myself. My problem is actually writing them down! AND I hate having to try and figure out the calories - you know the food that isn't in a serving portion .... or eating out - another problem for counts.

BUT if I want to make any progress I guess I had better get this going!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:41 PM   #23  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Just checking in. The biopsy went well today, but I am still kind of tipsy from the massive amount of drugs they pumped into my system. The doctor said she didn't see anything suspicious, and she will let me know for sure in one week.

I can barely sit upright, so going to leave again. Take care!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:51 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Just time for a quick post - DH has dinner almost ready.

Barb.G and Lucky - counting calories is the key to losing weight. The big thing is writing it down. I used to a free online tracker and then switched to BalnceLog which you have to pay for. I really liked it. Sure beats having to look stuff up in a book.

Andria - I'm glad to see that everything went well. {{{{{hugs}}}}}} Take care and get back here when you feel better.

I've got to run for now. Have a good evening!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 07:52 PM   #25  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hi all.

Sounds like everyone had a good Easter.

Not much going on here. Work, home, work, home. lol. Sometimes I think I have an extremely boring life. I need to pep things up. I'm not getting any younger!

My weight loss stats are below. Things are still going great in that dept.

Barb, I remember mixing the amps all too well. I hated the ones with the glass tops that you had to break. I used to wrap them in wash clothes so I didn't cut myself. I had Follistim (which has rubber stoppers) the last time, which is much better. I believe the last time around I did 3 amps am, 3 amps pm, plus a separate shot of Lupron am and pm. The shots really aren't a big deal though, especially since I did mine in my fat belly. I'm hoping you'll be a first time success with IVF like I was. I have my fingers crossed for you.

I hope everyone had a good start of the week today.

Talk to you all soon!
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #26  
BELIEVE!

Andria -
I am so relieved to hear that the biopsy went well and doesn't look suspicious. I hope the pathology report confirms that all is clear! Get some rest and take care of yourself!

Ingrid - I agree the shots in the belly haven't been bad. It's just the pain in the butt chemistry session we have to go through before hand! I am a little nervous about the HCG and Progesterone shots which will be IM with the 3 foot long needles!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:06 PM   #27  

Ladies,

Was it just me or was getting back to work even harder this Monday? Goodness, what a tough day! Had no concentration, trouble doing simple tasks, tried to convince my secretary that today really was Tuesday... glad that part of my day is over!

Easter was lovely - had dinner with a dear friend and her family up in New Hampshire and enjoyed the crisp but sunny weather while lounging on her huge deck overlooking the mountains. Dinner was good, too! Tried not to have too many biscuits but other than that I let it go. Will pay for it later.

MissMeliss - why is it that you want to live in England so much? I grew up there and although the language is similar, it really is a very different world. have you ever been? Oh, and don't get me started on Laurence - he really is talented and cute and funny and original and... told you - don't get me started...!

Andria - the best of luck to you! Take care of yourself and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. What a relief it will be once you learn that everything is OK.

Counting calories - it really makes sense. After all, whether it's fat, carb or sugar it still has calories and too many of those cause the weight gain. I used to be quite successful at one point doing that. Not a bad idea to get back to that.

All for now. Good luck to everyone, no matter what you are counting/watching. The process matters just as much as the results.

Julia
AmazingShrinkingGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:43 PM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Thin :thanks for the card
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:23 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi All! Been awhile since I've really BEEN here. Sorry about that. I've been working and so on....same old, same old. I was hoping to get back here more often but that just hasn't happened. I'm still in my little funk. I'm hoping a little trip next week will put that spark back in my life that is so lacking right now!

We had a nice Easter. Had my IL's and my mom for dinner. Nothing special. I got a great job with a ham place. I was able to get a $40 ham plus a side of stuffing, a side of green bean casserole and a 10"cheesecake sampler all for $7.00 by the time I was done with the shop. The stuffing and cheesecake are still in the freezer for some other time, so it was a pretty good deal.

I'm still eBaying some. Tried to take this weekend pretty well off since it was Easter. I still have to make a trip to the Post Office tomorrow with a couple of packages though. I'm hoping to get some more clothes photographed and put up after I get back from my trip.

Now that the baby's friends are all back at college, I'm finding that he is away every weekend. Back up to Flint to visit with all the guys. Putting alot of miles on that new car of his.

I've got a big work day tomorrow so I guess I will say Adios. Sorry to not do replies, but have just been away so long that it would be impossible.

Catch ya on the flip side. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:26 AM   #30  
Dancing those pounds away

welll it looks like I got here just in time to start a new thread. LOL
Same ole, same ole.... STOP !!! DO NOT POST HERE !!!!
Instead come follow us to the next ongoing thread..... # 514

See all of you there.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote