Old 04-06-2004, 07:29 PM   #1  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+...and Ready to Try AGAIN...#512

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We are currently taking a poll regarding the best time for us all to get together and chat.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:39 PM   #2  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, not too much teasing, everyone. I fell asleep so hard, I woke up too late to get to Curves! If the wind will die down a little bit outside, I'm going to head out for a walk with the family. It would be too weird to go from work to bed, miss the entire day and then head back to work again. Yucky thought there. But the sleep felt good, have to admit.

Got to go. DH wants some input on what to make for our dinner.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:05 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Hi Everyone!
Well, the back is feeling a little better. I spent the entire day on the couch napping and watching TV. It was a good mental and physically break for me. I think I am more worn down than I realized. Tomorrow is a work at home day and an afternoon Dr. appt. so it shouldn't be to hectic. I also have an acupuncture session in the morning that I am looking forward to.

2cute - Thanks so much for thinking of me! I didn't see Dr. Phil, but I recorded it on my computer. (my computer has a Tivo type system and I record it every day). So, I will watch it. I am very fortunate that my insurance covers a large portion of our treatments. The biggest cost so far has been the meds - about $1,300 after insurance coverage of about 50%. They cover 80% of the medical treatment. I have heard of the type program the show mentioned, but my Dr. does not offer it.

Big Hugs and Hellos to everyone!! I've gotta run for now!

Love Ya!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good evening ladies!

Its nice to sit down and relax a bit. I've spent most of my evening jacking with the computer, turbo tax, and the printer. I think I finally got my last state to print even if I couldn't save it. I also printed off a recipe from WW for upside down german chocolate cake. I'm thinking of making it for Easter dinner.

I've just scanned through a bunch of premium movie channels and there is nothing on worth watching. Why am I paying to see "Ernest goes to Africa" and "Weekend at Bernie's"?

Today was a fairly good day. Very busy at work so no time to be bored and want to eat. I ended the day within point range and did get some exercise done. Dog and I walked a slow 20 mins and then I did 15 mins on the airdyne. Not much oomph but I did something.

2Cute - No need to apologize to us and no need to avoid us because you can't do replies. You know we just want to know you're doing okay or to help kick you in the butt if not!

Meliss - I'd say that 1200 is too few calories. According to my WW scale, I get about 1600 a day and more if I'm doing a lot of exercise. Sometimes with too few calories, the scale won't budge or else you'll end up feeling starved at some point.

Andria - Good job on the sleep! A good sleep is just as important as good food and exercise. How are you doing with the job? Are you still doing catering and writing? We miss hearing about your adventures. Take care!

Barb - Sorry to hear about the back. Ouch! I've had acupuncture done to ease back spasms before and it worked. Would the acupuncturist do that or just fertility related? Either way, take it easy!

I need to do some work I brought home so I'll shove off for now. Have a great evening!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:31 PM   #5  
Hang In There

Meliss: I'll exercise for you is you will eat for me I've done pretty good today, not perfect though.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:55 PM   #6  

Red face

Good evening!

Just a quickie -

Ingrid, you are such an inspiration! I joined this forum mainly because I was so impressed with your progress that I hoped some of it may rub off on me. Your stats are amazing, your enthusism for self improvement is practically contageous. How do you do it? How do you stay motivated every day? Any tips? Keep it up!

2cute, thank you for the welcome. It can be a little intimidating to be new in a well established circle. Hope to see you here often.

My laundry is calling as is my bed. Goodnight!
AmazingShrinkingGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:31 AM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
Just popping in for a quick Good Morning to you all!
Happy Hump-Day!

Old 04-07-2004, 01:07 PM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Hello Again!
Anyone out there?
I hope you are all having a great day!

Old 04-07-2004, 02:31 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Hey chicks, Just a quickie to tell you that I'll be gone til next Tuesday.

Have a great Easter!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:12 PM   #10  

right you lot are totally confusing me now every other thread starts a new one every 30 or so pages and you lot do it every three and i end up posting on threads nobody ever goes to any more are all of you on the arcade site as well every body seems to have disapeared speak later
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #11  
BELIEVE!

Kat - Have a safe trip. I hope all goes well - I'll be thinking about you and your family.

Linus - Sorry if we have confused you. We start a new thread approx. every 30 posts. Whoever starts the new thread usually puts a post at the end of the old one staying "STOP" - so that you know to post a reply on the new one. Some days we move quickly - others are very slow.

I just got back from my Dr. appt - DH accompanied me and got to see how much fun it is for us women to get up in the stirups! It was pretty funny - while we were waiting for the nurse to come in he kept trying to play with all the equipment. He was especially temped with the ultrasound machine. For those of you that haven't had the joy of going through any type of fertility treatments - the ultrasounds are done with an internal instrument. I can't think of a nice way to describe it - hopefully you get my drift. Anyway, it was an entertaining appt. with DH. I got the go ahead to start on the next set of injections this Friday. Then starting next Tues I go in everyday for bloodwork and monitoring....I can't believe this is all really happening.

My back is still bothering me today, but much better than yesterday. I am going to attempt to do some more painting in the bathroom. I really wanted to get it done by the weekend.

More later!
Love Ya!
Barb
Old 04-07-2004, 09:55 PM   #12  
Hang In There

I had a busy day. I took the day off work and crammed everything I've been putting off. I went to walk and water aerobics first, then to my doctors appointment, then lucnch with an old friend. After that, I was on to the beauty shop for a perm, then finally I came home and got my income tax stuff together. DH said the accountant will be really happy to get it a week before the deadline. I told him, there's not much to do with it.

This friend I had lunch with is going to a WLS seminar tomorrow night with the doctor that did DH's surgery. I told her I thought I'd go with her. She's thinking about the surgery. I'd like to hear what they have to say about the lapband.

Hope everyone has a great OP day tomorrow. I plan on it!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:10 PM   #13  

Smile

Oh BarbPA, I can "hear" your excitement in your post.

"WE" get to share your joy (and the occasional not so joyful stuff you will get to do like having blood sucked out of you) from now until - hmmm, why stop at birth how about until "it" is 50?

By the way, do you scrap book? You had better think about it so you can document everything.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking Just peeking in

Hi Ladies
just stopping in for a minute, hope you all had an OP day? me? yes, as best I could.
I went for a 1.5 mile walk, and drank my 64oz of water. Did most of my homework but still have time tomorrow morning to do some more.
Ok, got to go now, so you all have a sweet dreamy night
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:16 AM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

I have been swamped with Easter plans, bridal shower plans, Spring Fling plans, out of town company plans, and wedding day plans.
I have a box full of wedding stuff I am sorting through. I have the invitations addressed, stamped and return labels. I need to make maps to the church because it is out in the boonies ... a chapel in the woods. Then we will stuff and mail. Hopefully this weekend.
This month is already going by FAST. I know it is early... but I have a LOT to get done.

My posting will be limited the next 6 weeks. I will do my best... but this is all stuff that won't wait.... I have to put this all on top priority right now.

Good to see some oldtimers peeking in again. I am sooo glad you are back.
Good to see the newcomers. Don't get discouraged with the new threads. It takes time to figure this all out... but this group of women are soooo worth it.
As Barb said earlier... we usually post about 30 times per thread. Then the new threads are always numbered. We will help you all we can.

Okay.. gotta run. Thank you for keeping this thread going and growing.
It takes commitment and dedication to keep threads going. They don't stay strong on their own. I will make it all up to you once this wedding is over.
THANKS !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-08-2004 at 12:18 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote