Old 03-06-2004, 09:38 AM   #1  
BELIEVE!

Talking 300+ and Ready to Try Again #499

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We have a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:47 AM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Beautiful Ladies!

Guess what I did last night? Yes, I know it's March, but I finally got the leftover Christmas disaster in my spare bedroom cleaned up! I've put it off for so long and felt so accomplished when it was finished!

DH and I slept in til just after nine this morning. He got up and said he was going to wash his care (he's become a little obssessed with his new Durango). Low and behold, it's raining out! So, he calls from his cell phone and tells me he's going to get McDonald's for breakfast, and what do I want. That's a challenging situation because I love McD's breakfast! However, guess what my answer was????? "Thanks anyway, but nothing for me"!!!! Instead I am going to have a Special K cereal bar and head to the GYM!!!!

I'm very proud of myself - although dissappointed with him - he's under Dr. orders to lose some weight! MEN!!! UGH!!!

So, as soon as I finish here I am off to exercise -- It is SIT UP Saturday!

Then we'll hang out here for most of the day - Dh has promised to go through all the bills I was complaining about yesterday and get organized!

Tonight we are meeting friends for dinner. It's a restaurant that I know I can order a fairly healthy meal! YAY!

There was some great posting going on around here yesterday - If you missed the last thread you may want to go back and check it out. We have some wonderful new ladies joining us.

Ok, no replies this morning, going to move this body!!!

Love to All!
Barb

Old 03-06-2004, 02:52 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Hello!?!?!?

Anyone out there? I had a great workout at the gym this morning!

Jeff and I are getting ready to go do some shopping and meet friends for dinner! I hope when I get back I have some posts to read!

Catch ya later!
Barb
Old 03-06-2004, 03:48 PM   #4  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Barb, I've been checking in off and on all day too!! I should have said something earlier though. Today hasn't been bad, I've been resisting the urge to have one of those 10% juice drinks in the fridge (pineapple orange)..so I've been sipping my iced tea flavored crystal light!! I think after my two weeks from phase one are up, I'm going to move into a modified S. Beach diet that includes weight watcher points...I think I'll need the calorie guidance...but eating all meat and no bread is literally making me sick to my stomach (still!!)..i keep fighting back urges to throw up ...if it doesn't get better after this week then i'm going to stick to counting calories and eating my complex carbs.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 04:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down It's Kinda hot today

Hi Friends
Today is a beautiful day, the is shining, light breeze is blowing. Ah, I could just take a nap, NOT. Anyway I did do a 2 mile walk that was refreshing.
Not much else to report, my meals have been OP, also my water intake.
Wishing you all a successful weekend
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 05:07 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Mornin', ladies! (oh, heck, it's almost 5:00 PM. Where oh where did the day go?)

I was a "showgirl" today and honey went with me. I had trailers to do for Hidalgo and Starsky and Hutch. Now being a BIG Starsky and Hutch fan, guess which movie we stayed to see??? You guessed! It was really funny. Not as good as the TV series, but funny and entertaining. I just love Owen Wilson (he could park his boots under my bed any day! Oops, probably not, that would be robbing the cradle, wouldn't it? ) Anyway, I could watch him all day long! Is that better?

We just got home a bit ago and honey is cutting "the Baby's" hair before we go out to dinner. #1 Son has to work til 5:00. Dinner is a job at a steakhouse. One of our favorites. I probably (make that definitely) won't behave.

Ingrid: Yes, we're pretty active, most of the time. We have a great group going here. Some post sporaticly, some daily, and some.....well, you just can't keep them from being around here. (myself included in that last category, lately anyway.) * Snacking at night has always been a problem for me. It seems that the minute my butt hits the chair in front of the TV, I've gotta be munching on something. I try to keep it under control, but there are days. * As for exercise, I like my Curves workout. I had joined back in July and went faithfully for a couple of weeks and then something else came up. So I'm just back at it again last week and this week. I was very leary of even going to begin with because of my size. But I find that I can do all of the machines and no one laughs at me. There are women of all sizes there too.

Syn: Congrats on the 1.6 pounds. That's a nice loss. Keep up the good work!

Duckie: I had seen that Paul Harvey back when Man Without a Face came out.

Andria: I didn't mean to mislead you. I only got to Curves twice this week, Monday and Friday. You did GREAT!!! I'll get there three times next week, I promise. I won't let you show me up again.

Mary: I sure hate to see you "step away". Even though you never post much, you're a part of this group and we like to know that you're ok. I suppose you have to do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Barb: Hurray for you avoiding Micky D's! I'm soooo impressed with you. Now, weren't you really hoping that DH would pass it by too since you were not indulging? See, that's how I would feel. Like "I'm trying to set an example here, don't you get it?" But that's just me. Hope you have a great night out.

Melissa: I gave up on Crystal Light for a good long time and now I'm back into the Peach Tea and Raspberry Tea. YUM! I don't think I would know what to do anymore without the WW points to guide me on. Good luck integrating the two.

JoeAnne: Good job on the two miles! I see you haven't given up your good walking habits. That's wonderful. I would love to make just one part of this journey so second nature that I would just 'do it' without thinking about it. Do you think that day will ever come???

Well, girls, I do believe I'm all caught up. And look, it's just after 5:00. Perfect timing. #1 Son will be home in a minute and we can leave for dinner. The boys are going to catch a movie after dinner and honey and I are going to come home and take some digital pics of stuff so I can get started selling (instead of buying) some stuff on e-Bay.

Catch you all later. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 05:16 PM   #7  
Hang In There

Mary, if having something to contribute was a pre-requsite to posting her, I would have been banned when I first signed on! But I do know how you feel. Everyone seems so knowledgeable, and I just sit here and go

We went to an open house of a business we do business with in a town about 2 hours away. Son Mark drove and another couple went with us. I have confirmed the fact that I can't ride very long in the back seat of our Excursion. I was terribly carsick when we made it home.

Barb I didn't do any situp today, or anything else physical, but I do plan to do my Oxycise tonight. I'm on a roll, I done it 3 nights in a row!

Hope everyone else has a great day.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:15 PM   #8  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I have some unexpected time on my hands. My mom decided to flake out and not show up to help me with my taxes. I can do them by myself, but I get so stressed, a bit of hand holding is nice. So, I'm kicking back a little and then going to hit the shower and get ready for that wedding reception. I'm really confused on this one. There is a little note attached to the back of the invitation that says we are also invited to a special wedding program that begins at 7:00. Does that mean they are getting married after the reception that begins at 4? Or is this like the receptions where you kick out all the people invited for gift-giving potential and have a party for the rest. Guessing I'll figure it out when we get there.

I finally got hold of the last boss today. He hasn't been returning my calls, so I still don't have my final paycheck. Anyway, he promised to get with me Monday and pay up. We'll see. I'm certainly NOT going to hold my breath.

BarbG, I've heard of Oxycise, but don't know anyone who has done it. Don't they have a version you can do while driving? With the new commute, I could use something like that. It feels like such wasted time.

Thin, you passed on seeing Hidalgo? Come on, Viggo Mortenson is pretty easy on the eyes. Have fun getting your auctions set up. The whole thing is such an adrenaline rush! I love waiting for the bids to come in and wondering who will win and how much I am going to make.

Joanne, it is an absolutely gorgeous day here as well. I was thinking a walk would be nice, then I read your post and decided a walk is mandatory.

Melissa, there is a group for low carbers here on 3FC. I remember reading there for tips on how to combat the nausea the first bit on that kind of diet. Can't remember what I ended up doing, though! I know it had to do with a lot more veggies and water.

BarbPA, way to go, turning down the McD's! I'm so impressed! If my DH suggests it, I usually just follow along and spend the rest of the day kicking myself for falling into the sabotage trap yet again.

Mary, hrm... you don't say a whole lot here usually, but I do love your input and would really miss your regular presence. Lurk for a while if you have to, but don't abandon us, ok? You know we all get worried when someone is gone for too long.

I've got to get out for a walk right now if I'm still wanting time to get dolled up for the reception. Catch you all later!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 06:52 PM   #9  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Well I guess today is going well thus far. My daily carb fix was a half a piece of whole wheat lavash with tuna on it. I was going to be good and have just broccoli but I went to the fridge to discover someone ate it on me!!!

So for lunch I ended up eating the tuna thing, and then as for snacks I had some fat free pudding, and some Atkins friendly energy shake thing my mom bought (it tastes like sugar free slim fast, basically..but there is protein in it so it's a great pick me up without the carbs).

Andria:
My mom ALWAYS DOES MY TAXES! I'm such a brat, lol. thanks for the tip, I went online to check it out. I didn't think nausea was a normal side effect for a low carb diet. It wasn't your average nausea, I was hungry but I couldnt face the idea of eating something from the small palette i have been limited to for the next two weeks. Apparently the best thing to do is drink water...I've been doing that anyways cause I was afraid the nausea was a sign of dehydration (and actually it could be, since on a low carb diet you lose alot of weight in water).

Thin:
What exactly do you mean when you have to do a trailer? I know you do merchandising (right?)..I was just wondering!! I've been waiting to see Hidalgo since ROTK came out!
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:07 PM   #10  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

My husband's description of the wedding reception...

"I've never been in a hostage situation before."

qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:28 AM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking Hidey Ho Neighbor :)

Wow ... have I missed a lot while I was gone for 24 hours.
Some great reading and some awesome quotes !!!!
I have missed soooo much there is no way I can reply to everyone ... it would take me a month of typing. LOL

I actually feel pretty darn good today.
My voice is still harsh sounding but I think it is from sinus drainage.
But I feel good. My hubby said it is good to see me smiling again.

Ingrid ... WELCOME to the group. You will love it here. I understand your fear of exercising at 300+. My doctor told me years ago to quit walking because I was doing so much damage to my knees. BUT ... he told me to do other forms... swimming, stationery bikes, low impact videos. I made the mistake and just heard "quit walking" and I quit everything. THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE. We 300+ers NEED exercise ... everyone needs to be physcially active.
There are sitting videos, weight lifting, many options other than weight bearing on our knees. Oxycise is a good choice too. Somewhere I have a story about a couple people who lost 200+lbs doing oxycise. They swear by it. I think Barb.g mentioned it here recently too.
One of the best questions you can ask yourself is....
After listing 10 reasons why you can't exercise... then list 1 reason why and how you CAN... then do that one. It was a real eye opener for me.

Blue.... Welcome to you too. I loved your quotes !!! I used to post favorite quotes often and got side tracked from it. It is great reading all of yours.

DonnaD... I think I welcomed you once already but just in case I didn't ... WELCOME. I have someone VERY close to me named Donna too. With that name I know you must be sweet too.

Mary.... STOP IN YOUR TRACK !!!
You cannot quit posting. That is an order.
We love to have you write and tell us about your day.... it is okay if they are short. We certainly don't mean to put pressure on anyone to write a lot.
You are family here and we NEED to hear from everyone .... and that means YOU too.

Barb.g ... I have the oxycise tape but have never done it. But like I said earlier... I have read many success stories from 300+ers who lost all of their weight using oxycise and sensible eating.
Thanks for your concern about the antibiotics causing my stomach ailment but I don't think it was it. I am still taking them now and no problems. I think I probably caught some bug while at the doctors office for my follow up.... or I got a touch of food poisioning.... but I will never know.
And yes... I saw that Antique Road Show was filmed in OKC. They have also filmed in Tulsa too. My oldest daughter and husband would always watch that show together every Sunday. They loved competeing who could come closest to right value. LOL Now my husband is stuck watching it with me. LOL
I think some of those values are over estimated sometimes. It is only worth that much if someone is willing to pay it. LOL

Audrey... you posted the answer to your riddle...
but I forgot the riddle now.
Can you post them together now. LOL

Syn... It is soooooo cool how you are forming such a wonderful relationship with your old friend. Did you ever get his photo?? Had he changed much? How many years since you two have seen each other?? I just love reading your posts and "seeing" your happiness shine through.

Duckie... I have read that about Mel Gibson before... but never any place "official".... only in emails and forwards. Where can I go to see if it is "really" true ?? Has anyone seen in someplace "official" ??

MissMeliss... The SB program may not be right for you. Doing low carb NEVER has made me ill or nauseaus. It made me feel GREAT !!! I don't know that it is for everyone.
But... just remember... you don't do it for a solid 2 weeks... you only do it ONE DAY AT A TIME... and then one day... the 2 weeks are over and you get to add back in those oranges and whole grains gradually. You can do ANYTHING for one day.... one meal.

Andria... I want to know all about that wedding reception... how on earth did your husband feel like being held hostage ??? I want to avoid that at ours. Tell me all the juicy gossip.

Someone mentioned drinking water. That is sooo important in successful weight loss !!! I asked several doctors about the low carb plans and they all said it was safe "as long as you drink LOTS of water".
It not only decreases your appetite... it is essential to good health... especially on low carb. So ladies.... DRINK UP !!!
Thin... You almost have me wanting to join Curves.
I am a BIG WOMAN and I always fear not being able to do it ... but you have given me some hope I could. I REALLY want to be successful at this weight loss journey ... and I KNOW that exercise is a MUST for success.
I am soooo proud of you and Andria.

BarbPA... were you the one who mentioned "sjorgen syndrom" ? I can't read my notes... does that make sense to anyone ?? What is it ???
Yes... it does seem ironic they have you on birth control pills... but I can see them wanting you regulated to time the proper opportunities to get you pregnant. I admire all that you and your husband go through for this. It makes me so aware of how much of my life I have taken for granted.

Joe Anne... it is soooooo good to see you more. Just as with Mary.... we love long posts from you... but I will take whatever I can get. LOL Please keep posting even if they are short. We really do care about everyone here.

Gee... I know I am missing many of you... but I forgot to take notes every time I read so that is all the notes I have to go by.

Jen... how are you doing?? I know you were struggling fo awhile.

I heard from Pam today. She is doing better and said to say Hi to everyone. I hope she gets to return soon. She does too. Keep sending prayers her way.

Michelle... did I miss taking notes on you or are you MIA ??? I have been sick for so long I don't remember.

I also have heard from Terri... she can't seem to get into 3FC. She is still trying. Anyone have any tips why she may not be able to get in ?? It tells her "site is not found".

I do know that I miss hearing from many who are still not posting... Sandy, Lucky, Tina, Amanda, Steph, pat, Joyce, Susie, and many newcomers who have came and went. If you are still lurking... PLEASE POST. We did not mean to ignore anyone... sometimes it is just hard to remember everyone... and sometimes... we just post about ourselves. Tracy, Rhonda, Minnies, Kimmber .... are you still here ???

Okay... I am done for the night. I am sure I missed many... but it was not intentional. Someone suggested we do another role count. Since it is Sunday let's start the new week with EVERYONE checking in... posters and lurkers alike.
Come out .. come out ... wherever you are.

1 .....2cute ... here and present.
2 .... ? who is next ???

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-07-2004 at 02:39 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:50 AM   #12  

Hello again. Finally on Sunday morning it seems I have a few free minutes to post!! I was really hoping not to have to go anywhere today, but since the bread is almost gone and the milk is...well....lumpy I think a trip to the commissary is in line for today. We had a bunch of snow yesterday and it's warmed up enough so that everything is covered in 4 inches of wet sloppy slush. YUK!
I'm still busy as all get out, but I've finally gotten some things done. I've pretty much got the car ordeal squared away now. THAT is a really long story so I won't go into it. I finally got a small trip booked for when my DH gets back (only 6 more weeks by the way ). We will spend one day at Gunzburg at LegoLand, then go on to Garmisch where we will catch a tour to the Neuschwanstein Castle, which for anyone who is curious, is the castle that Disney modeled his castle after. I've heard it's absolutely amazing!! I've had parent advisory commitee meetings, field trip to chaperone, volunteer time in my daughters class, and then the total re-planning of my daughters b-day party cuz the roller rink closed. I think I've got that pretty well nailed down now as long as all the stuff I ordered arrives in the mail on time. I rented a HUGE room and I ordered a pinata (couldn't find a pinata anywhere around here), an octopus ring toss game, a pin the monkey on the tree game, plus I made up my own Bingo game using images of all the Characters from Finding Nemo (that's the theme don't ya know). I also got Nemo Coloring books and Crayons for everyone. So all of that along with the food should be enough to entertain a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds for a couple of hours I think. The best part of renting that big room instead of having it in my apartment is that the kids can run and play all they want and I don't have to worry about disturbing any neighbors.
So on top of all that, I'm trying to get a zillion things ready for a yardsale on the 20th. The school is hosting it as a fund raiser and it's absolutely the perfect opportunity to get rid of all my junk. It's hard to have a yard sale when you live in an apartment.
Then there's the preparations for my man coming home. I have to change the rank (he was promoted while he was there) on all his uniforms and get them pressed and ready. Then of course spring cleaning is right around the corner where I'll turn this place inside out.
This Saturday I'm taking a tour to Frankfurt that will show me how to use the inner city trains to get around. I'm looking forward to that because there is a train station only blocks from my apartment and I HATE driving in Frankfurt so taking the trains would be much more convenient and less stressful.
Shoot, there's also another parent night this week I'm going to. Plus a dentist appointment next week, plus....uh.....I don't think I can go on.
Did I say that I was finally getting things done??? HAHAHA!!!

OK. Enough of that. As far as the food goes, it's been good over the past week. I'm down 3 pounds. I'm ALMOST back to where I thought I was during the "great scale deception" I experienced due to dying batteries. Kicking myself in the butt to keep up with the exercise. After all, I've only got 6 more weeks before my DH comes home and I want to look as good as I can.

Sorry no replies today. Gotta get the kids some breakfast, do my exercise, shower, and head to the commissary. Hopefully someday I'll be able to catch up with you all.

Talk at ya later,
jen

Jehari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 09:41 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Default hmmph!!

Well...I notice my name wasn't mentioned in that extensive list of of old and new names!

Geez, I miss one thread around here and I'm written off! Thanks for missing me!

So, in a huff...I'll add my name...

2 .... KAT
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:36 AM   #14  

2 .... KAT
3 .....Lucky - I lurked today for the first time in 20 or 30 and decided to hop in on role call. I WILL post later - I may be coming out of my funk?????
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 11:52 AM   #15  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

2 .... KAT
3.....Syn

Hello all,

In answer to 2cute, Ed and I haven't seen each other in 30 years, the last time I saw him he was wearing bell bottoms, love beads, and had a goatee, he had been living in Iowa City. I remember not recognizing him when he stood behind me at a 4th of July celebration at a local park! I took one look at him and laughed my head off!! His wife was looking pretty sour at me, I guess she thought he looked pretty cool!!! I was sitting on the grass with a bunch of kids around me! My usual setting in those days!! lol Ed and I hadn't seen each other for about 5 years at that time....He told me "Hello, You sure are looking good!" and that was it! He hasn't sent me a picture yet, it should be anyday, because he is a teacher he had to get his picture taken and they aren't in yet. I think this whole thing is pretty silly as I am 59 and he is 60. No fool like an old fool!!

I have no news, except the sun is finally out here! It has been so gloomy all week.

Here is a cute verse to ponder on:

May those who love me, love me
As for those that don't......

May God turn their hearts...
If he can't turn their hearts...

May he turn their heels;
So we can tell them by their limps!!

Gotta go. Have a wonderful OP day one and all!!!!!!!
Syn is offline   Reply With Quote