Old 12-24-2004, 11:30 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #620 Merry Christmas !!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!

2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 12:09 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Default Ho Ho Ho !!!

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas !!!
My daughter is HOME !!! She just headed off to bed so I thought I would sneak in here before I do the same.

As you all know....
Chapter one .... daughter was stranded in Michigan.. no way home.
Chapter two ... Had to spend night in hotel and no luggage.
Chapter three ... got up at 5:30am to find a flight anywhere near home.
No luck on the phone so headed back to airport to hopefully fly standby.
Chapter four... got flight to DALLAS ... had to literally RUN through the airport to catch it... just like in the movies. LOL They were shutting the door.
Chapter five ... got to Dallas but luggage did not. Told it would be in Okla.
Had to rent a car to drive 4.5 hours north again.
Chapter Six ... Arrived in Tulsa.... lines a MILE Long to claim luggage.
LUGGAGE is LOST !!! Gifts in luggage. (rolleyes)

But you know what... we don't care. LOL
We are sooo happy to have her home we could care less.
Yes Thin... it was like that movie "Home Alone"

We spent a wonderful evening together and will get a good nights sleep and enjoy every minute we have together. Luckily the only gifts in luggage was one of her dad's and several of mine. DH had her do some of his shopping for him. LOL The rest she had mailed here a week ago.

I just hope they find her bag eventually. LOL
This airlines employees were clueless. No idea how to do anything.
Lots of details I will spare you from. LOL

Okay .. enough about us. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas day... and entire week following through to New Years Eve.
Enjoy every little detail of your day. Count your blessings and laugh off anything that goes wrong.... forgotten batteries, burnt dinner, annoying family member ... whatever it may be. Just focus on being together and enjoying the day.

Merry Christmas !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-25-2004 at 12:16 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 01:14 AM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Default Fuzzy Chilly-Elf

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 05:11 AM   #4  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Merry Christmas

Can't sleep, so I decided to pop in and say Merry Christmas and God Bless Us Everyone!

Susie
Cutie Poodle
SusieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 08:15 AM   #5  
I'm on my way!

Default Cutie Bunny-Cracker

MERRY CHIRSTMAS :merry: !!!

Its been fun at my house! Last night my sister, BIL and nephew came over and we ate and opened gifts from my parents and from them and other relatives and friends. John got Andrew a kid size leather tool belt just like his and that was the greatest gift to him! He was wearing it all night. It came with a little level, screwdriver and flashlight. My sister took him outside to see if they could see Santa and the Reindeer, she had a little bell on her sweater and she would shake it and he would turn on his flashlight to see if he could see Santa cause he heard the jingle bells, it was so cute! He was up at 6:15 this morning...asked where Santa was. I guess he was expecting him to stick around till he woke up!! He had a ball opening his gifts. He got some real kid size tools to fit in his tool belt and now he is walking around trying to FIX everything! My living room looks like Toys R Us threw up all over it!!

Today we are going to my sister's for dinner, her girlfriend and her husband and her mother will be there too. She is having a rib roast, scalloped potatos and some other stuff all Martha Stewart style of course!! My nephew's birthday is the 26th so I'm sure she will be having a cake for him too!

2Cute...glad to hear your daughter made it safe and sound! And you sure have the true meaning of Christmas down pat!! Enjoy your day!

To everyone else HAVE THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!

:merry:
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Merry Christmas to all!

I'm outta here until Monday afternoon. Have a great weekend!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 09:42 AM   #7  
Hang In There

Michelle, I know Andrew will love his tool belt. My #2son Mark was so proud of the gift he got GS (his nephew) Nathan. And of all the many many many gifts he got (SIL has no one to buy for and more money than she knows what to do wit, so she bought him way way too much) But back to the orighinal story of the gift! Mark bought Nathan a billfold, and put a ToysRus gift card 5 one dollar bills and some of the grocerystore cards with Nathan's name on them. Boy did he feel his importantance!!!

I've been industrious already this morning. The day after Thanksgiving I got out all my Christmas dished and since they were all dirty after using them last night, so I've already got them stored away until next year, and my plain dishes back in the cabinet. Now all I have to do is make a fruit salad to take to mothers.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 10:05 AM   #8  

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!

Hi all....My name is Marcie, I am 30, I am starting a lifestyle change tomorrow (yeah, right before new years...how smart is that?). I hope to get a little support and give a lot!

I lost about 60lbs 3 years ago, but have managed to gain it all back. *sigh* SO...here i go again and this time it is staying off!!!!!!

Happy holidays...good luck staying on track!

Marcie
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 11:07 AM   #9  
I'm on my way!

Marcie welcome to our group! You will get all the support you need right here with these wonderful women (and one guy)! You will truly find a home here with beautiful friends and much encouragement! I have been posting with this group for over 4 years now and I can't stay away! So post often so we can get to know you too!

Well I better get in the shower and get ready to go to my sister's house. Have a great day everyone!

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 11:55 AM   #10  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking Merry Christmas

Good Morning everyone and a very Merry Christmas!!!

Well, the main event is over. We were up at 7:30 am to open stockings and have a little breakfast. Then we opened gifts and finished up by 10:30 am. Now we are cleaning up and getting things put away. It will be nice to vacuum under the tree and get up some pine needles!

Everyone has had a great Christmas. I got the Lord of the Rings DVD Platinum Edition (Yippee!! Extended versions of all the movies!) I also got some PC games, a CD Walkman and a wonderful little battery-powered waterfall. DH is overjoyed with the 128 kb memory stick for his digital camera (he currently has 16 kb), extra RAM memory for his computer, new slippers and a couple of new DVDs.

Jenniah was overwhelmed but excited, as most 3 year olds are I guess. Shayne is very happy with the buttload of stuff he got, some PS2 games, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Spiderman 2 movies on DVD. He is getting picked up by his dad in a few minutes to spend the rest of the day with dad's family, so I need to run.

Food has been phenomenal and I went to Curves Weds., Thurs. and Friday this past week. Back on Monday.

Glad everyone is doing well, loved ones got home okay and people are enjoying the holiday. Have a great rest of Christmas Day!!

:merry: :sman:
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 11:56 AM   #11  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking Welcome Marcie!!!

Hiya Marcie,

Welcome to our group!!!
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 12:56 PM   #12  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Merry Christmas!

It feels like I haven't been on here in ages! Ok, that is probably because I haven't. I had a wonderful visit with Tony, and he was cute and gave me highlights from the group every morning so I didn't go into total withdrawal without all of you.

I've been working and finishing up Christmas presents ever since getting back, and I'd rather not even talk about eating OP right now... I guess all the running around caught up with me hardcore yesterday, and I spent all the 24th really sick. Thank goodness it eased up in time to head to work last night, and I was able to finish the last of my little crocheted snowflakes for the girls there. I was planning to finish the last of my little one's afghan, but one bag of granny squares was left at home. Doh, huh.

We are still waiting to open presents here. Adam's schedule overlaps mine today, so the girls are waiting on pins and needles until he gets home.

Hey, speak of the devil He's home and I have an 8 year old bouncing off the walls. Gotta go!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 01:27 PM   #13  
BELIEVE!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I am happy to hear that you are all having nice celebrations! We puppy-sat last night for our neighbors who got their little girl the cutest border collie pup. They brought her over yesterday and made the "Santa" pick-up about 7am this morning. So, I rolled out of bed to meet the mom and then back to bed til about 10:30. Christmas at our house this year is not what we had hoped for. Jeff's hematoma continues to swell and be painful. We talked to an on-call Dr. yesterday who reassured us that waiting it out is the only thing right now, but also said to call if we continued to worry over the weekend. So far Jeff is being great about trying to live with it. I just feel so horrible for him. He was in tears the other night because he wasn't able to shop for me. I told him he had already given me everything I needed and all that mattered was the two of us. So we opened gifts from our families today, but we are going to have our own little Christmas again in January when he feels better.

We are spending today watching tv and playing computer games. Tonight I am cooking our traditional prime rib dinner.

Marcie - Welcome to a wonderful, supportive group! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Merry Christmas to all! And, if you aren't celebrating...have a wonderful day!
Love,
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Merry Christmas, one and all!!!

The morning's festivites are over and everyone is just "chillin'" until we leave for my IL's. I got a couple of great pair of earrings and a 19" flat screen monitor for my computer. They promise I will love it! I really think my 15" regular monitor is fine, but what do I know???

Honey and I had made a pact that we weren't buying gifts for each other since we just took the trip. Well.................HE LIED!!!

Anyway, my mom is sick with broncial(sp?) stuff again so she came for breakfast, did gifts, and is now gone back off home to grease her chest and crawl into bed. Seems like every holiday she is getting sick. Always upper respiratory.

The boys seemed happy enough with their presents. The "baby" asked for a bunch of tools this year. I think he's contemplating being in his own place in the next year and that he might need a screwdriver.

Lots of new movies arrived at our house this year. I'm looking forward to watching them when reruns hit us on tv.

Marcie: Welcome to our corner of the world! I hope you like it here. I see you've been around the site for awhile but I'll send you my formal Moderator's Welcome anyway. Hope you'll be back often.

Ok, all the rest of you have a wonderful day. Cherish the season.

Love ya bunches!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 02:09 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

Smile Merry Christmas to all!

So, around 4:00 this morning, I took a picture of the tree with all the presents underneath...so peaceful and tranquil...

At 9:30, the picture taken was of a whole different scene...the aftermath of the present opening frenzy, with the dog right smack in the midst of it all, cheerily chewing bows.

Dh worked all night, so we opened our presents as soon as he got in this morning...he's now snoring in bed, my daughter is sound asleep on the sofa in the living room, son is happily stealing cars and evading the police with his "Grand Theft Auto, San Andreas" game for PS2. Nice. I fiddled with my new breadmaker, my ceramic hair smoother thing is heating up <can't wait to see what this will do for my curls and frizz!> and I read a bit of one of my new books: John Stewart's "America (The Book)" Oh, I'm going to love this one!

I should be attempting to shower and dress to go over to sissie's house, but I'm just really enjoying puttering around the house with the Christmas music playing in one room and the continuous loop of "A Christmas Story" playing over and over on the TV, in another room! I laugh out loud at the same things every time they come on...that is one funny movie that we never tire of!

I hope that everyone is having a great day too!

Gotta run...

:merry:

PS: Welcome, Marcie! You picked a nice group to hang out with!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 12-25-2004 at 02:12 PM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote