Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 12:44 AM   #16  

helloooooooooooooooo chickies,

Yes, it's me, I am still amongst the living!!! Thought I had put it off long enough, ready to get back among friends!! I have missed you all terribly, but started eating, stopped exercising, and withdrew and isolated, imagine that!!! gained 5-6 lbs, and I do not want to gain anymore, want to start seeing the #'s go back the other way again, and I know without a doubt that I cannot do that without all of you.

Cannot possibly read up on all that I missed, and cannot make any other replies, except one.............

2 cute!!!! THANKS FOR CONTACTING ME, AND OFFERING YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT, IT WAS GREAT CHATTING WITH YOU JUST A FEW MINS AGO, AND THAT JUST REAFFIRMED ALL THAT I KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN MISSING!!

CANT WAIT TO READ UP ON YOU GALS!!!

lATER MY CHICKIES
Old 02-10-2004, 01:21 AM   #17  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

PAM IS BACK !!! PAM IS BACK !!!
I cannot tell you how HAPPY I am to see you really came and posted.
You have been totally missed and we were very worried about you.
WELCOME HOME !!!

Now to get some of the other MIA's to post again.

Calling all MIA's....

Sandy (did you follow Tina?)
Amanda
Lucky
Steph
Tina (peek in .. we still love you)
Joanne
J-ann
Duckie
Homebound
Jeanine
Tracy
Cano/Rhonda
paperdoll

I think I remember the rest posting in the last couple of days. If not... PLEASE come back and post.

And Aradia....if you are lurking....
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY !!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-10-2004 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back Pam!!

This morning, I tried the Winson Pilates for Buns & Thighs. The outside of my hips were screaming. Geez, just goes to show how you think you're working everything but probably are NOT. If I keep up with these DVDs, maybe I won't be having any more stiff lower back or hips.

I better go check on the status of our tax filing.

Have a great day!
Old 02-10-2004, 08:00 AM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Some one asked where I am going. I am going to Natchez to a history conference
Old 02-10-2004, 08:43 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Talking It's Me

Hi Everyone
Thanks 2cute for the PM
I am doing a little better life wise, but I've been absent due to a family death, and then my brother had a stroke (this was 2 weeks ago) and then last week my little boy Riley, had pink eye in both eyes, then he had tonsilitis, and aggrivated asthma. Today will be his first day back to school since last tuesday.
From last week, his project is going great and they are now getting more postcards to add to their wall. I want say thanks to those for helping. THANKS

As for my weightloss? well thats not happening. I am sure that I have gained at least 7-8 pounds, and I feel my water retention is worse today. I did go to aerobics last night, but I have not been able to do my regular walking. I will get back to exercising and eating healthy really soon.
I wish you all much success, and I'll stop in again soon

Last edited by joe anne; 02-10-2004 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:40 AM   #21  

Morning Chickies..........

Hope everyone had a swell weekend. Not such a good one here tho... I had a little accident on friday afternoon ( fell on the ice and tore up the ligaments in my knee ouch.......) Yes the pain is unbleiveable and i have been on the couch for 4 days now and i am going insane. Still havent seen the orthopedic yet thats tomorrow. That should be exciting huh!

Anyway I just browsed through this thread and there are a few different people just want to say welcome or welcome back which ever applies.

As for responding to any post I havent had time to do any reading yet so ill go catch up and post more real soon.

have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2004, 10:34 AM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Howdy! Just time for a minute. Hope the rest of you don't mind that I won't get to you today, but I've gotta do a bunch of errands today that have been piling up for weeks.

WOW!!! I'm so excited! Pam is back! Oh honey, we have missed you soooo much.

JoeAnne: Glad to see you're back. So sorry to hear of all the illness and death in your family. [[[hugs]]] Hopefully all will be back to normal real soon.

Kimmber: Oh, honey, that IS painful. My youngest son (I always refer to him as "the baby", he'll be 23 in May) was in a car accident when he was a senior in high school. Tore his PCL, and was miserable for months. Still can't kneel on that knee and it's been 5 years. Hope you have better luck with yours.

And all the rest of you MIA's (and regulars for that matter) You need to know that it is not your size or your success that make us love you. We love you because you're part of our group and we really, really miss you when you're gone. Ya know, as I write that, it's more than "miss you", it's worry about you: are you ok? did something happen? would anyone know to let us know? All those things come to mind. So please, just pop in so we know you're alright. And if you're not going to be around for awhile, or are leaving us, then please also let us know that so that we don't have to worry so much.

Boy, that sounded like a bunch of rules, didn't it? Wasn't meant to. Just know that we love all of you. It doesn't matter if you've been here forever, or have only posted a few times. We take newbies into our hearts very quickly and worry about you all too.

I'm running today. Gotta go to work. I took January easy and now must bust my butt to make up for it. Who ever said a vacation was worth it???

Later all. I love you bunches.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:52 AM   #23  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning All -
It's good to see some more people popping back in here! The trend seems to be that when you aren't here you are off plan and sometimes gaining back. So, keep your butts in here for the support you need to stay OP!

DH was out of town last night so it was just me and the dogs. I rode the new bike DH bought - my legs were killing me - it hits a set of muscles that the machine I use at the gym apparently does not! I did a lot of internet research on in-vitro and then I was nervous about the whole thing and went on a cleaning spree --- which I had planned on doing anyway. I was cleaning until about 11:00pm. This morning I am going to finish cleaning the office and then might curl up on the couch and watch some tv for a while.

I have a 3:00 appt. with my new reproductive endocrinologist and I am so nervous and sick to my stomach. It's just such an overwhelming experience. They told me it would be a long appt - going over all my history, the process, the cost, etc! Unfortunately DH can't be there with me. And, my biggest fear is that the doc will say --- "you are too overweight for this process". I haven't said that too anyone yet, but you all can surely understand why am I so scared. This is our one shot to start a family and I don't want my weight to interfere. So, tonight I will either be in a very good mood, or a very bad mood. I am hoping for the best! And, now I am just babbling on and on....No matter what I will NOT let emotional eating (good or bad) get to me!!!!
Enough of that for now.....

2cute - I am so glad your wallpaper turned out well!!! I am planning on painting the master bath -- do you remember when I did the bedroom - I did a dark/olive green on the walls, the soffit in lt. gold and ceiling in maroon? Anyway the bath is going to be some combination of those colors. I haven't exactly figured it out yet. After that I am planning the hall bath which I think will be a bright blue with yellow accents.

Pam - Welcome Back! It's good to see you again. You can get back on track!

Joanne - Welcome Back! I am sorry to hear all that you have been going thru! Hopefully we can lend some support!

Kimmber - OUCH! Sorry to hear about your knee. Take care of it - hope you're up and around soon.

Terri - Good job on the Pilates! I think I may have to buy another tape - I like the dummies tape but I am getting a little bored with it.

Ok - off to do some more cleaning!
Have a great day!
Barb
Old 02-10-2004, 11:00 AM   #24  

Morning Lovely's,
Man is it blowing like crazy out today, were suppose to have +4C today, a great change from -40C, but the wind is crazy I think they said gusts up to 60km. It would be so beautiful with out the wind. Oh well I wont complain seeing as it's not freezing out anymore.
This is Day 8 on the SBD, and things are going good, not to many cravings and I know I have definetly lost weight. But I still am really quite tired and no energy, and am not sleeping very well. I will wake up in the middle of the night and my brain is running wild with numbers( I don't know why ) and I can't fall back to sleep. And the more numbers I group into sets, the less I think about them, until I can finally fall asleep, WEIRD. But I'm hoping to do this for one more week no carbs, and no sugar, and then add some whole grains, and some fruit. I really want to continue losing this weight.
Tonight is weigh in at TOPS so I'll report a great big loss tomorrow. I'm so excited to WI, don't say that very often.
Work is getting pretty hectic again. My scale lady(Oilfield company, weigh trucks in and out of or facility) Is quiting, so I'll be back to doing two jobs, and trying to train someone new again, this will be the third time since Aug, and I hate training. I'm one of those people who knows what I'm doing but it's hard to get it out in words to explain to someone. I really wouldn't mind if they would give me a raise give me some kind of incentive to continue doing my work, the scale work, and traing someone. I guess I'll have to wait till June and see what they offer me, I'm contract now and they said they would hire me on with full benifits, 2 weeks holidays, personal days, and salary in June. I hope they keep to the word.
Have I bored you yet.
Well guess I should get back to the drawing board.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:32 PM   #25  
a work in progress...

Quote:
Now, I know there are a couple of odd hour shift types around here, and I need some practical advice.
That would be me...an odd hour shift person...emphasis on the odd! Do you know what you'll be working, Andria? Steady Mon-Fri 11-7 shift? I find that because my schedule changes each week, it's hard to get into any sense of a routine. Generally speaking though, if you want to keep the sequence the same, you could try breakfast when you get up in the afternoon. "Lunch" at dinner with the family, maybe a light version of what they're having...dinner at work, sometime during the night. Maybe a light snack when you get home from work in the morning. Each day is different though, sometimes I just wing it...eat something light, always with a protein, around every three to four hours. Night shift is tough on "schedules." For me, anyway!

BTW, congrats on the new job! We're all waiting with baited breath to hear what you told the creepy boss! Come on girl...spill!

Welcome back Pam...glad to see you're okay! Always a spot for you here!

Hi Duckie and Joe anne too! Welcome back!

It is a beautiful day today...must be in the 40s out there, I promised the dog a walk, so I'm gonna get moving before I change my mind! I've already been to the gym this morning for a step class. I feel like I've been stepped ON! Make that stomped!

Such is life...onward and DOWNward!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 02-10-2004 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:56 PM   #26  
You and Me in 2003

This is my last post till I get back from my trip stay well and I'll catch you all Sunday
Old 02-10-2004, 07:43 PM   #27  
BELIEVE!

Hello out there! Such a quiet day around here.

Well, I was all worked up about my appt. for nothing! It went very well - it was just an initial consult. I spent about 20 min with the nurse and we went over all my medical history, including what I eat everyday, exercise, etc. She then gave the Dr. all my info and I met with him for another 20 min. He was wonderful - we talked about everything that I will go through. Told me just to keep up the eating right/exercise - said it will only help my chances of IVF working --- he didn't once say my weight would be an obstacle or even hint to it!!!!!! I go back on Friday for a physical exam with the P.A. and to meet with the patient coordinator. Phew...all these appointments! Tomorrow I have to go to my endocrinologist for a checkup on my thyroid and to the dentist for a checkup! Work is going to start wondering what is up with me.

It was a beautiful day here - 40s and sunny. I took the dogs for a walk tonight when I got home. It sure started to get cold as the sun went down. Brrrrr.

DH should be home from NYC in a little while. Going to relax and watch some tv.

Talk to you later!

Barb
Old 02-10-2004, 08:12 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Barb - I'm so thrilled that so far so good!! Often we anticipate ourselves into small tizzes. How long before they will know if everything is a go for IVF?

It was a beautiful day here too. Makes a person long for spring.

Nothing much is up tonight. Watching American Idol. Gotta go talk to my brother.

Have a good night.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:43 PM   #29  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening ladies. My day started off with my crown popping out of my mouth this morning while flossing. And it went downhill from there. I am sick taboot so I am not posting... just letting you know I am alive... but barely kicking. LOL

Barb.. I am so glad your appointment went well.
Duckie... I can't WAIT for your WEIGHT loss to be announced.
Mary ... enjoy your trip
And the rest of you wonderful women... How a great day.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:27 AM   #30  

Unhappy

OK. Here is my tale of woe about the scale....

I went to the Dr. yesterday and their scale weighed me a full 10 pounds more than my scale at home. Now I told you all that my scale was being flakey, and was getting flakier by the day. I notice this morning when I got on it that the numbers were a bit dim, and that I was getting lighter by the second. I thought, omigosh, it must need a new battery. So I went and put a new battery in it, got on it, and alas.....it was right on with the Dr.'s scale. So the 100 pounds lost celebration was in fact, premature. It's such a bummer, like gaining 10 pounds overnight. VERY discouraging. I don't know at what point the scale began deceiving me. I don't know if I haven't been losing anything at all over the past month or two, or if I have been losing but just losing at a slower rate than I had been led to believe. It's so confusing! This is really messing with my head!!
So I've lost 90 pounds, not 100.
I have 30 more pounds to lose, instead of 20.
UGH!!
Well, I guess all I can do is start again from here.
And that is my tale of woe. Thanks for listening.
I'll talk at you later,
Jen

256/166/135
Closed Thread