Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 05:45 PM   #31  
a work in progress...

Hey, Jen...ditto to everything that Thin <so eloquently> said! Hugs to you...You are a strong woman...I've always said that the wives of military men are the unsung heroes, just as strong, keeping the homefires lit. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute2Bfat
I got my kitchen clean for hubby to wallpaper ...
I read this and thought, "did this woman learn NOTHING yesterday?"

Syn...I had a long post this morning (which I lost) commenting on how happy you seem...it just comes shining through in your posts. Hey, love, lust, friendship...whatever! Enjoy it, it becomes you! Re: someone from the past to look up...I really racked my brain here and decided that my sweetie far and away outshines anyone...I am one lucky girl to have, after 20+ years, someone that I can still talk with on the phone for houre, email regularly...and no one can make me laugh like he does!

Thin...you are too much! Your mega posts are always a good read. You must take notes, because I'm always amazed at how much you remember and comment on... I hope you're having a restful Sunday...

Andria, your photo shoot sounded like a lot of fun! Easter in Feb....made me hungry for devilled eggs...or egg salad...or potato salad! What a sweet hubby, taking care of you afterwards...

Joyce, Don't worry about water weight...At least you know WHY the scale is up If you're sticking to your plan, it will all even out...just keep drinking that water! ...hang in there!

Terri...I saw a woman at the gym today that reminded me SO MUCH of you! Hair, glasses, sweet face. I did a double take! She was nice too, we chatted about Aquacise classes. I had a great one today, Aqua Run. My buns are feeling the effects now!

Barb...Wecome to the Beach! Come on in, the water's fine!! Did you get your grocery shopping done? I've found that having a LOTS of your favorite veggies on hand...and not much else...is helpful. Get things ready ahead of time too, if you have time. Make a big salad to keep in the frig, keep cut up veggies on hand to grab with a meal. Tomato juice, or V8 is another way to get your vegs in. There are some good sbd recipes here at 3fc...check out their thread... Now that I'm through it...I can really see the reason for the initial 2 week detox...it really does seem like I've been purged of carb cravings...so far so good, anyway. Good luck to you and hubby!

I know I have more replies...don't want to ignore anyone, but I just got a call from my daughter...she's working til 10, then driving back to school, and asked if I could pick her up some donner. (Speaking of food) That's what moms are for!

See you all later...
Old 02-08-2004, 06:09 PM   #32  
Michigan Old-Timer

Just here again, peeking in! I have done absolutely NOTHING today! Well, ok, I did just now put a load of clothes in the washer, but that's it! I feel so lazy. Well, NO, I don't really. I SHOULD, but I DON'T! Honey has been in his chair ALL day. Except when he made us all tuna sandwiches for lunch because I was too busy here, writing to you guys! Still.....no guilt!

Other than the one load of laundry, I sat and posted to you guys. I went and played with an E-bay auction that I didn't bid on in time. I went up and looked at the ads from today's paper (and nonchalantly pointed out to honey what a pretty necklace they had on sale at Mervyns, hint hint!). AND I talked on the phone with my friend for an hour and a half. Pretty good day, I'd say!

Jen: "mean and selfish"? No, honey, there's nothing wrong with wanting someone to commiserate with. Hang in there. Now at least you'll have a few other disappointed souls to hug and empathize with. It's really terrible that the communication in the military is so bad. First you're high, then you're low. I see what you mean about not believing until it's over. Doesn't make it any easier to not get your hopes up though, I'm sure. [[[hugs]]]

2cute: Hope you found something for your granddaughter that she didn't have. I remember when my boys were younger, there were so many that wanted to buy for them that it was very hard to find enough to even suggest to people. Nobody wanted to buy clothes because everyone wanted THEIR gift to be the one the boys enjoyed most, and clothes weren't it. We had a regular Toys R Us around here.

Terri: BIG REFUND! Those words would be music to my ears!

Katrina: Now, I've told you my secret before. I don't take notes. It's easier to open a second window. One for the post and one for the reply. I just click back and forth. The one with the posts in it, stays where you stop, so I just inch it down one person at a time and respond that way. Ok, secret's out....again.

Okey, dokey, I'm caught up. Time for dinner. See ya'll later.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:39 PM   #33  
Dancing those pounds away

Thin... whats up.... you always start us a new thread when we get too long. But since you didn't ... I will.

Okay everyone... don't post here. Come join us in the new thread... # 488. See you there.
Closed Thread