Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 10:47 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#440

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:58 AM   #2  

Barb, I am like you too. Exercising feels so good so why is it so hard for me to get myself to do it? I have been doing good this week however, so I hope that “good” feeling I get is becoming a welcome habit.

Terri your “I’m not letting it derail me indefinitely” is the attitude I want to have too. I think this is key – to not give up completely because of a slip up.

Andria Way to go!!! Congrats on the big loss.

Kat, thanks for the quesadilla information – you are so nice. It’s supposed to be hard! If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard---is what makes it great!” I love it, thank Thong Boy for saying it so you passed it along to us.

Okay, Thin, get a hold of yourself. You can do it!!! As Terri said don’t let this derail you!! I had a similar experience a while back. My old scale went psycho.. told me I was 210 one day, 200 the next, 230 the next so off to Wal-Mart to get a new scale and I have now come to grips with the whole roller coaster thing that took place in my head. After having the new scale for a few months now I had to face I weighed more than I thought.

Welcome, Jeanine. Do you mean your friend is getting married January 5, 2004 or January 2005? If it’s January 2005 you can do it. We are here to help!!!

I am happy to report that I have gotten up at 5:15 AM every morning and exercised 10 out of the last 11 days. I also try to do it at night but not with as much regularity. 1. I run out of time some days & 2. I hurt – but that means it’s working, right?

2Cute, way to go with all that swimming.

Up to your old tricks, Thin – start a thread but don’t post!!!
Old 11-13-2003, 11:17 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning, girls! I'm trying to get my life back together. I slipped yesterday and had a Whopper Value Meal for lunch yesterday, but only a 6" Subway for dinner so maybe it will all come out in the wash. Monday and Tuesday we're not talking about!

Today is a light day, job wise. I'm leaving in a few to take #1 son to lunch for a job and then I have 1 or 2 banks to do, but that's it! Hurray!

Lucky: You just didn't give me time to post, I was reading!!!! Give me a break!

Jeanine: Welcome to our humble little group. Keep taking those bad habits on one at a time and soon they will all be gone and you'll be on the road to healthy! * BTW, where abouts in MI are you?

Katrina: My prayers are with you for your dad. I hope it turns out to be something simple.

Michelle: You sound like your old busy busy self.

Terri: I'm glad your DH finally got his butt to the Dr. Sure sounds like he should have been there alot sooner. I hope he's able to get rid of that pneumonia by the time you leave on your trip or he'll be miserable (and so, I suspect, will you).

Pam: Keep up the good work, girlfriend, you're doing GREAT!

Barb: I loved the gif of the woman turning down the birthday cake. How cute was that!!!

Andria: Congrats on the great loss! * I'm betting the interviews and decisions on that job WILL be in public. The Council is a publicly elected body, isn't it? If so, then they will have to interview in public as per the Open Meetings Act. Good luck.

Judy: Glad you had such a nice vacation.

Duckie: Good to see you.

Susie: I don't envy you all that budget cutting. Must be a terribly stressful job.

Mary: Sounds like you're enjoying playing with your new little 'toy'! Have fun and get in here more often. Now there's NO excuse!!!

Tina: Here's those vibes that 2cute suggested : : : : : : Now get your butt back in here!!!

Well, girls. I'm outta here once again. Love to all.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:48 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys
Can't post today ... we are closing on the sale of our old house today.
I want to make sure I get my swimming in... even if I have to go to the closing with wet hair. I just got a call and I have to call a few people. I forgot to get my water turned off of our name... and a few other things... so I just wanted to at least stop in and say HI.

PS .. my bathroom is starting to shape up. I should get if finished tonight.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-13-2003 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:57 AM   #5  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I'm having a stress day! Of course, everywhere I turn I start to grab for some food thing before I even think about it. How long have I been on stress remote? No wonder I'm this size!!! Anyway, I'm making a conscious goal to think before I eat today. The stress will end and I'll be back on top of things with no regrets. Besides, I want to finish this out as Day 13 OP!

Andria
Old 11-13-2003, 12:02 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Quote:
Originally posted by 2cute2Bfat
Hi guys
Can't post today ... we are closing on the sale of our old house today.
2CUTE: What a relief this has to be for you. Make those phone calls, go swim, and this afternoon the old house will be someone elses!

I can't wait to hear more about the bathroom. Let us know when it's done. We bought new bath towels with a velour nap. Big mistake: 1: They had to be washed and dried 3 times before we could use them because they shed so much lint and 2: They don't absorb water! Pulled the old ones out of the rag bag until we can replace them again.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:05 PM   #7  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

ANDRIA: You snuck in while I was posting. You CAN get thru day 13. STOP STRESS EATING RIGHT NOW! Be good to yourself and you'll make it!
Old 11-13-2003, 01:52 PM   #8  
Falling, but fighting...

Hi all,

I am not going to overeat today. I am not going to overeat today..

Ok. Today I have managed to give away all of the chocolate that was given to me at work. I have journaled and so far, so good. I did 20 minutes on my bike too.

I am going to make a sensible dinner and watch some Oprah and Dr. Phil when I get home.

I am going to regain a positive attitude and do this.
Old 11-13-2003, 02:27 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Default Holy cow, it's windy out there!

I'm half expecting to see a barn and a mean old lady on a bike fly by!

"The wind began to switch - the house to pitch
and suddenly the hinges started to unhitch.
Just then the Witch - to satisfy an itch-
went flying on her broomstick, thumbing for a hitch."

Yeah, yeah, I know...

Okay, after being so inspired by Andria and her DAY 13 and Lucky and her 10 out of 11 days of exercise and 2cute for going to the gym and Terri for not only walking the dog, but also JOGGING on the , and Pam for losing 50 lbs since June and Barb for trying Pilates, even though it's hard and Susie for not giving up and starting again and everyone else for just hanging in and coming back and trying day after day....

deep breath.........

I am officially declaring this MY Day 1 again. Yep...I want a "day 13" to brag about, dammit!

That said, I'm getting my butt off the computer and getting my butt in gear. See ya'll later!

Thanks, as always, for being here!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-13-2003 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:05 PM   #10  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello All,

I am back once again, I try to post at least once a week....I try to stay OP I try to go to Curves regularly....that is just me " I try!" When I die that should be my epataph! "She Tried"!!

Not good enough! I have to accomplish, suceed..not just try!!
*ARUGGGGG*

You guys make me smile every time I read in here....thank u!

Now I am dreaming of flying witches with itches...
For those of you trying yet again ( as Am I) and not giving into chocolate urges...and having been disappointed in the new towels. WTF Qsilver for maintaining the 13th OP day!!!, congrats to 2Cute for the sale of her house...and for going to the closing with a wet head!! Also thinthinker glad to see you are taking some time to yourself today! You work far too many hours in the day! Luckyladybug..Good for you to do so much excerising so often...it is hard to get started and stay motivated for sure...I think the only thing keeping me at Curves is the amount of $ I spent for a 6 month membership.....and does make me feel better about myself when I do force myself to go...

Also welcome to the newbies!! This is a great bunch of people who all know what a time we have keeping OP somedays...and I know I am constantly thinking of all the rest of you through out the day..and I am rooting for each and every one of us to....
Old 11-13-2003, 05:28 PM   #11  

Quote:
I'm half expecting to see a barn and a mean old lady on a bike fly by!
Kat, since I live on a farm and have a barn are you refering to ME????
Old 11-13-2003, 05:31 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Question are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

Why, NO! Of course not!

I'll get you, my pretty...and your little dog too!

AHHH HA HAHA HAHAHA !
Old 11-13-2003, 09:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

DH cooked a wonderful meal tonight.

Savory Chicken Saute (from South Beach)

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 large onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped (he used dried)
1/2 cup fat-free chicken broth
pinch salt
pinch freshly ground black pepper

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sautee the chicken breasts in the oil for 4 minutes, then turn them over and add the onion. Cover and cook for 3 minutes longer, stirring occassionally. Add the garlic, rosemary, and broth. Cover and cook until the onion is tender-crisp, about 5 minutes longer, stirring occassionally. Season with salt and pepper.

Serves 4. Per serving: 217 calories, 28 g protein, 6 g carbs, 8 g fat, 1 g fiber.

We fixed this and cauliflower with light cheese sauce (velveeta light thinned with skim milk).

A very satisfying meal!

Hmm, I'm not sure who I would want to win Survivor now. Definitely not Jon - and i don't think I like Lil. Getting interesting!

I got my nails done tonight since I was too tired last night. A very pretty red. And I walked the dog before Survivor so I'm done for the evening. Time for CSI.

Goodnight, ladies!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:10 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Phew...what a day! Our power went out this morning just as we were waking up, so I had to get ready in the dark, I drove to work with wet hair and fixed it in the bathroom at work. When I got home at 6:30 pm the power was still out and all I could think about was missing SURVIVOR!!!!!!! Yikes!!!! We actually went to Best Buy to try and watch it - no luck - they have all the TVs linked together. Then we called several restaurants w/ TVs - no luck. So I missed my show!!! Boo Hoo!!! The we tried to find somewhere for dinner - went to 3 restaurants that were closed because they had lost power, another that was packed and had a 30 min wait and finally ended up a little sports bar near our house for a fairly unhealthy meal. I was dreading the night sleeping w/ no heat. Luckily, when we arrived home we discovered that the power had come back on!!! And I got an e-mail from a work friend that said she taped Survivor for me!! So, what happened, was it any good??? I can't wait to see the tape - feel free to spoil it for me.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!!!!

I've gotta get some rest! I'll catch up with you tomorrow!
Hugs!
Barb
Old 11-13-2003, 10:13 PM   #15  
BELIEVE!

P.S. The power was out due to the very, very, very windy weather that Kat mentioned!!! I was worried that if my little Charlee got out she would blow away - all the way to Kat's house! Luckily we are all still grounded and safe and sound in the house, finally warming up a little!
Closed Thread