Old 01-08-2018, 10:46 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

I am down .8 this week and I will gladly take it. This time round I am going for slow and steady. Maintaining is better than gaining.
Pam I know I will always stray. I just need to get right back on track immediately. This is always such a fine line for me, allowing some indulgence but not falling off the wagon.
Ruby do you use a calorie counting app.?
Right now I am focusing on eating within a smaller window of time and getting enough fiber in.
Have a good day!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Things are going good here... back at work today... I will see how this all goes as I seem to want to stray at work especially with leftover Christmas goodies. ugh!

Ubee - that is me... getting right back on track immediately is vital for me... it seems I sometimes take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back...

Ruby - I was using loseit and now use cronometer since I am focused more on cutting carbs.

I hope you all have a wonderful on plan day!!!
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:44 AM   #18  

Ubee - what kind of eating window have you been in and now are trying to stay in?

I have been trying to eat breakfast and lunch and fast the rest of the day. I know Dr. Fung suggests not eating right after you get up but that is not really feasible for me especially at work. Whatever I have for lunch I try to keep it keto and then nothing till the next morning except maybe water or hot tea. I may try at some point the alternate day fast but I have to get back in the routine at work and then gear up for it.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Pam. For years when I was single I ate breakfast and lunch, and no dinner, or a very small dinner of salad or veggies. I had no problem staying thin with this eating schedule. I needed to eat going to work. After I got married my eating schedule changed and I started eating an evening meal since that's the way DH was accustomed to eating, and that's when the pounds piled on. So I feel if your window is working for you, stick with it. I think Dr Fung would agree that it's more important to have the fasting period, not so much when it is.

Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:29 PM   #20  

Hi Carol... thanks so much for the input... I agree that we need to do what works for us... I think my unsureness comes from starting back to work after 2 weeks off... it's just the schedule change I think that I fear... lately I have been very interested in IF and extended fasting (24-48 hrs.)... I have been watching youtube videos on the subject quite a bit... have you ever tried the extended fasting?... I am sure that it is not as bad as I am envisioning... I just think I need to build my stamina a little at a time...

PS I did well today. My eating window was 6 hours. Getting ready for bed now and not hungry, just fighting boredom.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #21  

Good day everyone!
Pam I usually have a window of 11 am - 3 pm. I always allow myself wiggle room to adjust as needed.
As Wanabehealthy has stated the best plan is what works for you and your lifestyle. Dr. Fung mentions it all the time also. That is why I am so happy with fasting, I can adjust it to work just for me. Please don't get caught up in too many rules. Fasting allows us to be flexible. You can do this Pam!
How are you doing Ruby? Enjoying all those veggies you chopped?
I have some nice healthy soup ready to go for today.
Have a healthy day.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #22  

Good morning all!!

Yesterday went well and if the truth is known I could have extended my fast this morning but I know I would have been in the middle of class starving. Lol. So maybe I will be able to work up to a 48 hour fast at some point.

I just like knowing what others are doing as it encourages me to be more open minded I think. For some reason this IF and extended fasting has taken me a while to get my “brain wrapped around”. Silly I know. But I have a rough time wanting to nd thinking I need to eat all the time. I am sure it was all the teaching that you have to have 3 meals a day plus snacks or you will starve. It doesn’t help working in the school system where that is prevalent. I understand the concept for kids especially in low income schools where a lot of kids don’t get regular meals at home.

It is nice to have support here, to have people to bounce my ideas off of and share my thoughts with. So I say to you all thanks so much.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #23  

Hello All! I hope everyone has had a great week. My week has been pretty good. I have been doing well with IF and staying mostly low carb. Not perfect but not bad. Glad it is Friday and I get to rest this weekend.

Have a great evening!!!
Old 01-12-2018, 09:10 PM   #24  

"When the cat's away the mice will play."
You can be sure that when I am not posting I am struggling.
Time to get my focus back.
Pam we sure did get that 3 meals a day plus snacks drilled into us.
A window works great for me because it gives me a definite cut off point. With calorie counting I was always eating tomorrows calories with the plan of eating less the next day.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:43 AM   #25  

Good morning All! I hope you all are doing great!

Oh, Ubee I so understand. That was not really true for me this week. I just got really busy with work and such so was not on here as much as I had planned. It was a struggle at times though. I really get bored and want to eat, but then realize I am not even hungry. I honestly wonder throughout my life how much that has been the case. I could have naturally been slimmer if I had just listened to my body instead of eating every time I got bored or just wanted to eat. I think that this has been the greatest single challenge of my entire life eating when I am hungry only. It took me over 50 years to figure that out. Go figure!!!

I hope everyone has a great on plan day!!!
Old 01-13-2018, 01:47 PM   #26  

Hello..new to this page, I will starting my new life track Again...this time I feel different,as if my life health depends on it...I feel hopeful and really excited..never have I joined a social support I look forward sharing this journey with my new family.....keep me in your prayers, push me along when the road gets tuff..
So together let's yell...
2018- LETSGETIT!!
LetsGetIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:13 PM   #27  

Welcome LetsGetIt. Glad to have you here. You have found a good place to get encouragement.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:32 AM   #28  

Good morning all!!!

This weekend has been fairly successful. I made venison jerky and for the most part stay with the plan. This morning gout is acting up some. We have the possibility of snow so if we get a snow day I might just try an extended fast to see if that helps the gout.

I hope you all have a wonderful on plan day.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #29  

Welcome LetsGetIt! I think this is a great group to share your journey with. You can do this!

Pam sorry to hear about the gout. Very happy to hear you had a good weekend! Did you get your snow day?

I have to admit I am having a rougher start to the new year then I anticipated. Not going to give up but definitely need to commit and focus more. I am going to set out a cute summer outfit to remind my self that spring/summer are right around the corner.

We will do this...
Old 01-16-2018, 08:42 AM   #30  

Good morning All!!! No snow day but we did get a late start so that works too. It's very cold here. I am not much on the cold weather but not on the hot either LOL. My gouty foot is doing better this morning but not completely gone yet. I came in yesterday and took a dose of ACV in water. I hope that is what helped it. I need to do that every day!!!

Yes, hang in there Ubee you can do this. I know it's hard. Believe me!

I hope you all have a wonderful on plan day!!!