Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #1  
Member for Life

S/C/G: 322.6/ticker/150

Talking 300+ Chat Thread, January 2017

Are you ready?!?! It's a new thread, new month, new year and it is going to be our year!! This is a place for us to share and motivate - good, bad, funny, sad, we are here for you.

Also anyone who is interested, come and sign up for the "Big Spring Slim Down" under the 300+ Club. This is not intended to draw anyone away from their preferred accountability threads or compete with the previously established challenges. Scotsgal set it up for us so we can record our numbers with our favorite friends from the 300+ site and anyone else who would like to join us. The more the merrier - we can do this together.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Hello everyone!! I am getting back on track after falling off the wagon and not focusing for the last too long. I got back on track in October and am down 26 pounds so far. I managed to lose a few pounds over December even with all the Christmas parties and eating!! Here's to continuing in the right direction in 2017!!
Old 01-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #3  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hi everybody! For those who have been around a while....I am back....for those whom I have never met...hi there!
It has been some time since I posted. I have been fighting some mental health issues (again again!) and I started at University part-time in September.
I am not putting specific weight goals down apart from on my tracker for now. I just want to get back on the wagon of treating my body with respect.
I am also plucking up the courage to see my GP about some decent analgesia. I have severe arthritis in both my knees which makes any exercise other than swimming really painful. So I am in a classic catch 22 where I can't exercise enough to help my weight loss because of the pain (especially at night) and so my knees are under more strain because I can't lose weight! I can't take NSAIDS because of chest problems ( oh shoot me now!!) I would be really grateful to hear from anyone who has used topical NSAID creams or gels or Capsaicin for local pain seeing as my medication choices are somewhat limited.
I love swimming but it doesn't give the exercise buzz I get from walking in the hills or on the beaches (both within 40 minute drive!) I bought my son a bike for Christmas and if I can get my knees a bit more functional I am considering getting a second hand one for myself. It is only 2.5 miles into the local town......although the way back up is a very steep hill!!).
Happy New Year to you all Blwyddyn Newydd Dda as we say in Wales!!!
Donna
Old 01-03-2017, 06:15 PM   #4  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello everyone! Happy January!!

I have been pretty good the last 2 days, so it would be nice to see a loss on the scale

I have upped my fitness which I am feeling pretty happy about. I will be joining the gym in the next few days which will be good to get back into.

Phae Sorry I didn't realise that It was a British meal It is very similar to a pot pie, but inside is stewing meat with beef gravy (sometimes some veggies) with a pastry crust. When it comes to macros, I am not sure why they are set with protein being so low, I think that it is set for maintenance but not adjusted for weight loss or for those who work out. I am still playing with mine to find one that works better, I find myself more hungry when I eat mostly protein, yet bloated when I eat mostly carbs.

econ Well done on losing over the festive period, it is very difficult! Keep at it!

MountainWalker Have you ever used Bio Freeze to see if that gives any sort of relief? I have to use it on my elbows for tendon pain. I used diclofenac, naproxen and other strong anti-inflamatories for the pain, but I just got used to them and they stopped working as well. So I decided to go cold turkey and stop using them before I end up addicted, now I only use Bio-freeze.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Scotsgal: yeah i was going to ask about it too but I didn't want to sound like a silly american haha

Econ_nerd: I think its great that you were able to lose weight during the holidays. I kept jumping all around my goal like it was on fire. Up then down and back up. Very aggravating.

Mountain walker: Just wanted to say Hi

Me: I hate being sick. It makes me grumpier than usual, but if i take any medicine it makes me super sensitive. I had a mini meltdown because I had to count my Cheez its. To my medicated (from the cold) mind it was just such a horrible task that I burst into tears. My poor husband. I usually try not to take anything but I really needed to sleep so I could go to work.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:48 AM   #6  
Determind Member

Today I am going to the movies for the first time in a very long time. I need to try not stuff my face with candy

Weighed in low this morning which was nice
Old 01-05-2017, 06:25 PM   #7  

I sneaked a peek at my weight today (i do my weekly weigh ins on friday) and am not happy with the result at all. I'm hoping that its just because the time of day I did it but i'm not really that hopeful for tomorrow. I guess the new years fun is catching up to me. I got to get back on track. I wish I could walk outside but of course its still winter. sigh. tomorrow is a new day
Old 01-06-2017, 02:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 342/235/150

Height: 5'4

Not sure if it is the weather (lots of snow in Colorado over the last 2 days) or the bug that I've had, but I'm just not feeling it this week... My weigh-in on Wednesday was good 271.4, yet I still feel bloated and nasty and surprisingly like I've gained weight. Just Blah. Whatever it is, I need to get it together and get it in gear again soon. I just need to keep reminding myself that we all have these days.. weeks... And keep doing what I'm doing.

Last edited by Living2lose; 01-06-2017 at 02:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #9  

I'm with you living2lose. I'm hoping it's just the season or the fact that I'm sick. I'm just not motivated or seem to care. I'm back up to 304....and if I'm honest with myself could really care less. Maybe when I get over this cold/cough I will have the energy to care and do something about it.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Hi all ...
first - hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year
well done anyone who stayed on track made good choices moved weight
I did not do so well - gained almost two kilos or 4 pounds

down south here in NZ... weather is remarkably cold for us at the moment is meant to be summer
have a lovely plum tree in the yard... looking forward to some yummy fresh plum.. but the weird weather is playing havoc with them and we may not get too many this year... however it seems we may finally be getting our summer.... so the weather right now is like late spring...

anyway seeing as we had a really nice day today got out and about walking for a bit this morning

whilst on my walk with my eldest daughter - in our beautiful quiet (well usually ) town there was a big commotion on the main street
turns out someone had tooted at a driver on a phone in his car (driving whilst using cell phones is a huge NO NO in NZ... and goes against our laws here )
the person on the phone got out of his car pulled the person that tooted out of there car and started to beat up on him...

ah not the greatest experience / thing to see on a walk .. so why share ...
made me think about stuff and came to recall
remember bad things seem there is often something worse somewhere else .. no matter what you may have gained over Christmas and new year you can come back from it and loose it this month then get back on track

after the excitement ... (not really) saw a reporter videoing it on her phone even made the local news web pages...
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...c-in-cambridge is the link .. doesn't show the actual fight just the aftermath on the video there

we went swimming with my niece.. outside pool played didn't really swim didn't spend much time being still so winning for an hour
had an uh-oh moment might need a new bikini/togs... the bottoms are um a bit too big now.. the larger pair fitted real nice in June - these are the smaller ones that I didn't wear on my holiday as they were too tight... now the June ones are only suited to lounging being lazy as any wave / pressure pulls the bottoms down... okay TMI ....
so sums up - need new togs/bikini
any xmas gains can be recovered from and lost - I'm going to shed those two weeks of not so good choices and horrid gains this month get back on track

have started a 30 days of yoga challenge basically and am hopefully going to get the hang of it .. should be good for balance and co-ordination along with my dancing right

anyway enough for now...
keep breathing we can do this!
Old 01-07-2017, 12:17 PM   #11  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Hi everybody. I wrote a really long post a couple of days ago and when I went to post it I had to log back in....and I lost it! Grrrrr. Not sure why that happens!
Reading a great book at the moment called the Joy of Half a Cookie. It is all about Mindful eating....very interesting. Anyway....staying roughly on track and had a great response from my GP when I asked for painkillers sufficient to allow me to exercise and lose weight.
Not much time to post today....keep on keeping on lovely ladies!
Old 01-08-2017, 05:29 AM   #12  

I'm feeling a bit better. I got to hang out with one of my best friends. She moved about 6 hours away and we don't get to see each other very much. Seeing her really boosted my spirits. Plus we went to see Moana and it was pretty decent. I know its a 'kids' movie but man are animated movies fun.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:45 PM   #13  
Determind Member

Hey everyone! Hope you are all doing well!!

Tomorrow I start on a fast day to try and kick start a better week. I am only aloud calories but I am quite smart about food and feel like I would be able to do it! Just need to stay strong!

Hope to weigh in better this wednesday.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Hi all popping in to say Hi

today was weigh in for me ... takes me down 4 pounds this week = so just about lost all I gained in the new year / Christmas period.

Ruby - thanks for the review on Moana - looked kind of kooky in the previews. So nice to know it could be worth watching

Phae - didnt actually loose the togs so glad/funny (got to laugh at these things right? ) trying to figure out a way to take them in to make them last a bit longer

scotsgal - hope your weigh in Wed goes well - fingers crossed for you too...
Old 01-09-2017, 11:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 400/388/199

Height: 5'4''

Hi y'all, new here .... Kind of feel like I am starting at a new school and don't know what table to sit at in the lunchroom. I posted in the bio thread. Hope everyone is having wonderful Mondays!
Closed Thread