Old 01-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #191

Welcome to the latest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.

This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #2  

As soon as I can haul myself back in the boat my goals will be:
1. Hydrate
2. Work on my head. Why do I keep falling in?
3. Plan my full day's worth of meals. Put them in my tracker every morning and STICK to it. I have more than enough WW points each day to keep
me healthy and full. I just need to work the program and not fall prey to mindless eating/snacking.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:14 PM   #3  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

I hope you don't mind if I join...

My goals:
1. In addition to walking 2 miles on Sundays and 1 mile during the week.
2. Remind myself that it's not just about the number on the scale but what I am able to do that I couldn't do before.
3. Find better ways of dealing with stress. Totally open to suggestions.

Last time I tried I couldn't get below 306. I am at 319 as of this morning and I am scared. I know it's a mental thing but honestly right now that is my biggest hurdle.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

hi all - another 10 days I really should try check in more often then once a week!

hmm...
this week - I noticed my WW points have dropped along with my weight - okay can make this work

so the ususal for this 10 days

goal 1 stick to points each day - stay within the ultimate tracking zone - and blue dot them
#2 stay hydrated - get that 1 litre to 1.5 litres of water in (did this today)
#3 do a daily yoga routine
#4 walk each day! at least 10,000 steps...

okay so that is the plan now to make it happen along with getting enough sleep!

Hi
J-ann nice easy goals - i find the hydrate one is important to help with the not snacking when you dont need to ...
ichoosetobelieve - nice to see you here ... a fellow rower/swimmer as fell nicely into the water yesterday splashed about climbed aboard today and rowed again
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:39 PM   #5  
Natasha

Hello Everyone... just checking in...

Hello Karenkat- I don't do weight watchers but I do calorie count and I try to plan my meals the night before to get a good idea if everything is balance and within my limits. Congrats on getting enough water today. More water means more trips to the bathroom so more steps
Phae- Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope that you get a whoosh (big loss) this week!
J-Ann- I hope that you are keeping hydrated. I have found that I like a slice or two of lime in my water and drinking out a straw helps for some reason. I hope you are rowing along.

Still rowing here.... slow and steady. I walked my 2 miles on Sunday (well it was more like a hike). I could barely breath at the end but I did it and I didn't stop. It's still a mental thing but I haven't let it overtake me yet. I am planning on doing my 1 mile walk during the week tomorrow since I have meetings at the school.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:25 PM   #6  

Hi all! I've been in and out of the boat, again, over he last few days. Today, I tied myself to my oarlocks and am determined to meet my goals. I'm drinking my water. My meals/snacks are planned. I think I have my head together. I CAN do this!
Old 01-31-2017, 10:27 PM   #7  
Natasha

Way to go J-Ann... you got this. I hope everyone else is doing great.

My life boat was super sturdy today. I walked my mile this morning and managed to get almost 7k steps in total today. I didn't even finish all of my food today and still came in under my calories My favorite shirt fit a little better today when I put it on. It's the little victories.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:48 AM   #8  

I'm DRY!!!!

Left for my WW meeting yesterday morning. It was not snowing. I got 1/4 mile up the road - snowflakes. By 3/4 of a mile whiteout!! Heavy snow was packing down on the road and the car in front of me was invisible. As soon as I could I turned around and went back home.
We get what is called lake effect snow here. When the wind blows west or north west, the bands of wind across the open waters of Lake Ontario it picks up moisture then when blown over higher elevations the moisture is returned to earth as snow. Lots of it. I'm a bit south of the areas that get hit the hardest but we do get slammed occasionally. It snowed for less than an hour. We got about 3" of snow then the sun came out. The plows came through, plowing and salting and in another 1/2 hr the roads were just wet.
I waited a bit then drove to my WW location, weighed in and picked up my material. I had a nice chat with the WW leader, got re-enervated to get back on program ........and I did it!

We are heading in to shore today. New leg tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:49 AM   #9  

Oars Down!

We need to get supplies then head over to slip #192. Today begins the next leg of our journey aboard the Life Boat.