Old 03-16-2016, 08:03 AM   #16  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Really got splashed yesterday. I've GOT to get my head back together. Frustrated!
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:49 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 330/308/150

Height: 5'4

J-ann--hope that yesterday went a little better for you!!

I got splashed yesterday but I'm still in the boat and can throw you a rope if you need pulled back in.

Ruined crockpot meal meant dinner out last night. :/ I had the calories and made an ok dinner choice (other than chosing to also eat the chips and salsa ). I try not to do carbs after 3 PM & no eating out during the week.....so I kind of failed on that front, but I didn't order what I really wanted (a quesadilla covered in cheese sauce)....so small victories are to be celebrated, right??
lovinlife115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:25 PM   #18  

Fell back in this morning. Climbed out of the water, shook myself off and am back in my seat.
Old 03-17-2016, 07:48 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6

Ugh! My will power is sooo low...I totally have in to temptation tonight and was really naughty at dinner...they were really good but I'm mad at myself now, I guess. Maybe I should start buying some really tight clothes and watch myself fit into them better and better. The clothes that I have now are all big because it hides all the problem areas...

I know that I have made progress since I began...I can't say how much, I've yet to get on a scale but I can tell a bit in the mirror and I've been told by some friends and family that they can see a change...My friend's bridal shower is on Saturday and I'm a little nervous to see her because I'm worried that she won't notice anything...like my family knows I've been trying to lose weight but she doesn't and she might not notice a change...that will crush me. But I'm also excited because what if she does?

Do you guys have any suggestions on something that I can do to give myself more will power?
mrslovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:01 PM   #20  

First off, I am the last person in the world that could be an example of will power. But I have kind of switched my mindset since January.....and it seems to have helped me have less "bad" days than in previous times. I read Chris/Heidi Powell's Extreme Transformation.....and it really kinda clicked in a lot of areas. (So not all this is not mine)

Know what your WHY is....and keep that front and center...whether its writing it down somewhere or putting it as your computer background.
One moment of failure doesnt mean the whole day is ruined and so you can eat whatever you want.....get back on track as soon as you can.
Have healthy alternatives for when cravings hit. (Sugar free gum has been a GAME changer for me)
Get rid of the junk. Don't have it in your house. If you have to jump in your car to go get it, you are more likely to talk yourself out of it.

Like I said...I am in no way, shape, or form the model student when it comes to this....but I am doing better.

Stayed dry today. Did 4 days of couchto5k this week so I got my 4 days of 15 minutes+ of active minutes. AND I knocked a minute off mile.... On the strugglebus getting my water in though. Just not overly thirsty today. Might see if I have any Crystal Lite to put in it for dinner tonight because I dont think I can get this last 20 oz. done without it.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:10 PM   #21  

I'm declaring today DRY! I'm done eating for today. Thank God that I can almost always talk myself out of eating after dinner.

Mrs Lovette, my 2 cents is keep your hands busy doing something, especially something where you can't snack when you're doing it. My choice is needle work because 1-I love to do it and 2-You HAVE to keep grease and dirt off the fabric and threads. Also, brush your dog/cat. They'll eat your snacks for you! My other option - go for a walk!
Good luck. We will do this!
Old 03-20-2016, 05:11 PM   #22  

So I got kinda wet this weekend....but I jumped in rather than falling in....if that make sense.

I needed a weekend off of stressing about this journey. I didn't go hog wild....I didn't even binge. I didn't document anything I ate or drank, didn't get any active minutes, and didn't care. :P I had a gain last week after a nearly perfect week...and typically that puts me in a funk and I binge. This time I was in a funk, but I also realized that sometimes we can be SO hyperfocused on this journey that we forget to just enjoy life. So for me, this weekend was about finding balance. I will be back in the boat tomorrow...and in a better emotional state after my little swim.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:40 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

whoops = goal drinking water - fell out last couple days been treading water- much better today - clawed way back onto lifeboat with 9 glasses of water!
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:00 AM   #24  

I got splashed a lot yesterday but I'm going to row hard towards my goals today.

We've all been doing what we can to reach our 10 day goals. Tomorrow we start a new leg of our journey. Take a few minutes to consider what your goals will be for the next 10 days. Mine will probably be close to the same as success was tough for me.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:23 AM   #25  

STOP

Head on over to slip 159 where we'll board and venture out again on a new leg of our journey.