Old 03-12-2016, 06:36 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #158

Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.
This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:37 AM   #2  

My goals for this leg:
1. Continue to live my WW program
2. A bit more exercise
3. Avoid at all costs my binge triggers - this is a tough one!
Old 03-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/308/150

Height: 5'4

Had a 4.8 loss on the scale this morning. Got me HIGHLY motivated for this next 10 days! Basically I gained some so I am now back to where I was mid-February. So I re-lost what I gained. Ready to lose some new weight

My goals for this leg of our trip:
1. Track food in myfitnesspal daily
2. Drink at least 70 oz. a day of water
3. Get at least 15 active minutes on my fitbit for 5 of the 10 days on this track.

I lost this weeks weight just by getting back on plan and drinking water. I havent incorporated exercise back in yet.....its been rainy here all.week.long.....so no walking outside....and we are waiting to get paid again to join the gym. The rain has been affecting my energy level in a BIG way. Hoping for some sunshine this week. They make these boat rides SO much more enjoyable.
lovinlife115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:17 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6

Well, since I'm new to this, please let me know if I do something wrong lol...Do we have to set three goals? Is that how it works? I will just follow suit with you ladies since I can't go wrong there! :-P

1. Stick with my pre-planned eating that I do everyday and plan ahead to make a healthy dinner for my boyfriend Jason and myself.
2. Get a move on! I want to get to the gym once or twice this week or go for a walk or buy my Zumba game for the Wii and do that.
3. Do my very best to keep myself from snacking at night. I eat Skinny Pop popcorn so it's not terrible but if I do it every night then it will become a habit.

Are those good goals?
mrslovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #5  

Welcome Mrs Lovette! One goal is fine. Sometimes we can manage multiples. Sometimes it's just drinking water or not eating in the car for 10 days.

Grab an oar and a life vest, pick a seat and start rowing!
Old 03-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #6  

Thanks, j-ann! I'm gonna get my boyfriend off his butt today and make him buy me that Zumba game and try it out today. I did snack a little bit last night but I waited a half an hour or so after the craving set in to make sure it was something I really wanted and I tried to eat it slowly and not eat so much (even though there are not that many calories in what I was eating).
Old 03-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #7  

Woman overboard! Someone throw me a life ring and tow me in, but not until I swim a few hundred calories off or I'll sink the boat. It's not been a good day.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #8  

J-ann---Come back!!! Weekends on the lifeboats are ROUGH. I'm hanging over the side....so you get close enough and I can pull you back in.

Not a TERRIBLE weekend--but not a great weekend either. (Hence the hanging over the side.) My husband and the awesome (said sarcastically) idea to pick up pizza last night since it was "cheat" day and we hadn't had it in a while. Enough said. ((Side Note--it was delicious.))

I've been drinking my water....and didn't get any active minutes. No rain tomorrow is predicted so MAYBE I'll get to exercise outdoors.

mrslovette--Did you get your game? How is the Zumba game? We have just dance, and wii fit....but I've had my eye on the Zumba game for the while. I'm about the most uncoordinated person you would ever meet.....so if I am ever going to go to a class--I definitely would want to practice on the game first.

Last edited by lovinlife115; 03-13-2016 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:01 AM   #9  

Yesterday, as you know, was a write off! Today will be much better. I'm rowing in the rain but at least there are no ice bergs!

We can all meet our daily goals. We just need to keep them right up front where we can remember them and apply them, rather than purposefully ignoring them.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #10  

Absolutely awesome day here....completely dry. Not even a splash. These days feel SO great....why can't I remember that feeling when temptation hits or I am trying to talk myself out of working out???

We are going to Florida to visit family at the end of April/May. So I have some short term goals based on those dates (plus we are doing a week at Disney after the time spent with family).....my sister and i were talking last night and there is a 5K the Saturday before we leave for Disney. So...guess who did the first day of couch to 5K today and got thirty three active minutes and her best mile time since January? I'm a nervous wreck that I will look like the big girl that can't finish the race, so I am determined to push myself and train and show that the big girls CAN finish and they can finish well!!
Old 03-15-2016, 04:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Man overboard - well woman overboard from last life boat don't worry about the floating ring just throw me a rope so I don't get lost swimming back - I seem to have two natural buoyancy devices on my chest and two more in my upper legs... (extra weight means float not sink)
-SO starting again this time- drinking water every day this time making sure I have some water everyday over and above what is in my food ..
Tracking everything I eat - Managed this one last week so I didn't sink my raft/boat at least
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #12  

Karencat--I have natural buoyancy devices as well and know exactly what you are talking about!

Today is a new day ladies!! Let's do this day and keep the promises we have made to ourselves and our eyes on the goal!!
Old 03-15-2016, 01:37 PM   #13  

Ahhhh, those buoyancy devises are useful, aren't they?
Old 03-15-2016, 09:25 PM   #14  

lovinlife115 - Unfortunately I was NOT able to get my Zumba game! Walmart AND Game Stop did not have it!! The closest store that had it is 40 miles away! That would have been some great exercise (HA!) but alas, I'm still searching. Do you like your Just Dance game? Is it a good workout? I was going to go to the gym with a co-worker today but she was too tired. I guess I could have just gone by myself but I've been avoiding that. She said perhaps Friday we can go. Let's see what happens with that...

I guess I had a fairly healthy dinner tonight. My boyfriend made one of our favorites - crockpot honey garlic chicken. It's pretty much just dump a go and it's soooo good! I put some brown rice on the side and some broccoli. It was pretty satisfying. I may have gone a little overboard with the popcorn tonight...I don't know what it is...I think I'm going to have to leave the popcorn in the cabinet because that way if I really want it I have to get up and get it vs picking it up from the table next to where I sit. And I'm not going to munch from the bag. I'm going to dump some in a little bowl and eat from there. So even though I may have teetered on the edge of slipping off the boat, I've got my footing and a look of pure determination on my face.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:43 PM   #15  

Overall, I don't use it much any more for my cardio because I didn't feel like it got my heart rate up enough. That's why I was looking at the Zumba....because I am assuming its a longer work out..... The Just Dance games are fun and much better than a seated Wii Game--we own like all of them because my teenage daughter loves to dance. But for a workout?? It didnt work for me.

Stayed dry again today......did Day 2 of couch to 5K (so 30 active minutes), drank 80 oz., and everything is in myfitnesspal....so goals for this meet have been met!