Old 11-05-2015, 07:39 AM   #1  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Wink 300+ Chat Thread Nov. 2015

Good Morning Everyone,

Its 5 days into Nov. and there wasnt a new Chat Thread made so I decided to make it. If you want to go back to the Oct. Thread, Just click on the Oct. Thread link and you will be taken back to the Oct. Thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-...er-2015-a.html

Last edited by Terra1984; 11-05-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:32 PM   #2  

From yesterday (moved from Oct to Nov thread):

Hey all.

Hope everyone is doing well! What a month it has been...so much travelling. Currently writing this in the airport on my way back home from a work trip. Thankfully this is the end of the travelling for quite a while and I can get back to my normal routine. I haven't had as much time to exercise and my nutrition has been a little shaky at times, but overall I am still proud of myself.

I took a picture using the hotel mirror yesterday and was really surprised to see just how far I have come in a few months (see photos below).

I am contemplating joining the gym, however I am a little bit nervous. With winter coming, the trails aren't going to be as easily accessible and I am not a fan of the cold or snow...just think I need to get over the mental barrier I've created around the gym.

3 months ago, early August 2015:

Yesterday, early November 2015:

emilyFIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning!
Terra thanks for starting a new thread. What have you been doing for exercise lately?
Emily you look radiant! I had forgotten how eating healthy foods makes one feel so alive.
Cindy how is it going?
Sam what would I do without you prompting me onward? So close to 200! I am so proud of you!

So today is day1 of "Just Do It". It's funny, I haven't been around much but it feels like just yesterday I was posting everyday.
Have a peaceful day.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Terra Thanks for starting November's thread!!! I was posting and didn't even realize the month had changed lol...It's been a crazy week over here for me. You're awesome for being on top of things so well!

Emily GO GIRL!!!!! Look at you!!! I see a huge difference you're doing great!!!! I love hiking the trails too...Sadly I didn't do as much of that this summer as I would have liked. The gym can be intimidating so I completely understand. DH goes with me most of the time but he feels so uncomfortable going over to the side of the gym that has the free weights and cable machines because that's where most of the "meat heads" are. I have learned to ignore them and just do my thing. It was hard at first but if they are going to make fun of me because I'm doing something to better myself, screw them! I have heard some of the guys and girls talk about other people in the gym....It's mean, but a lot of them have been really nice to me and will chat with me every now and then. I never understood why people would ever make fun of a fat person in a gym? Like....it doesn't even make sense! You can obviously see the reason they are there, so why even say anything unless its an encouraging word? One thing that has stood out in my mind ever since I started my journey was the first time I went to my local park. My BIL was starting to help me train early on...getting me to walk and jog as much as possible, and would track how many situps and pushups I could do, and how long it would take me to complete a mile. Our park has a huge track that surrounds a pond in the middle of the town area. It is just a little over a mile long and one day my BIL took me out there to test me to see how long it would take to do the mile. I was pushing myself so hard, I could feel myself running out of breath and as I was passing this lady, she looked at me in the eye and said, "You're doing great! You can do it!" She didn't even know me or that my BIL was timing me. People don't realize that something that simple and kind can go a long way with people. When she spoke to me that made my entire day...and maybe that helped me along with finishing that mile. It has never left my mind and if I could go back and meet that lady again, she would be floored I bet to see my progress. Anyway, enough ranting but thought it was a good story to tell You're doing amazing!

Ubee Thank you so much!! I'm getting there! Who knows I may not make my goal for the year but I sure am trying...and if not I'm ok with that as long as I don't give up. I'm always here for ya lady don't ever forget it! Just do it sounds like a good motto to get things going. Just a thought but what about putting some things around your house to keep you motivated? Whether it be encouraging words, or maybe an old piece of clothing that you haven't been able to fit in for a long time...Hanging that up on the bathroom door or something so you see it every day could possibly help? I know you get so busy with your daughter and your family sometimes, but truly dear, you need to make time for yourself, or you won't be around to help your family. I believe in you!!

Yesterday was an exhausting day. I've been trying to push myself hard with the work outs this week. I train 5 days a week and usually rest on Wednesdays and Sundays. However, with my friend's baby shower being this weekend I wanted to push myself to go M-F so I could rest Saturday and Sunday without feeling bad. Well guys, I had to skip yesterday...This whole week at work has gotten me stressed out that it has just taken so much energy out of me. I had to meet a friend for some money to help with the shower and by the time I came home my DH said I looked like a zombie. I started getting my gym clothes out and he told me not to go. He said it would be worse for me being so lethargic to push through it without having the energy and could make me feel worse tomorrow...I guess he is somewhat right. I just am at the point in my journey that I seriously feel bad if I don't work out...I guess it's a little obsessive, but it can be a good thing too...I just don't know if I've found that perfect balance yet. Needless to say I feel good this morning. I got a decent night's sleep and I will be doing a lot of moving around with cleaning my house and decorating the clubhouse in my neighborhood and all the cooking. That can count as exercise right?

Well I best be going. I need to clean up my kitchen and head out to get some things for the shower. I will be back tomorrow for weigh in day...Hope to see everyone's posts!! Take care all, be well!
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Hey all

First, I am so thrilled to see the progress you have had! I have been lurking but not posting.

Second, I pretty much had a breakdown this weekend ( or as I would like to claim) 36 hours to temporary insanity... Thursday night I was with friends and freaked out a bit there, but by Friday I was in full out anxiety attack mode. I thought that all my bosses thought I was doing a bad job and wanted me gone, I was ready to quit my job (not now, but making this my last year) and was looking at one way flights home for June. I was convinced my friends thought I was crazy and were avoiding me ( that last one might have a bit of truth to it) I was in a bad place. Frankly I still am, but I've moved past the paranoia of it all. Sadly, I ate all weekend.... I still feel sick on Saturday night.... I am hoping that posting this will help, and I'm going to write about what's really bugging me.
I am in my masters and the online program requires a lot of group online discussion, so I write my 'paper' post it online and we talk about each others work. But not all work gets people talking, and I take it personally, but can't really tell my classmates this. I spent over six hours working on last weeks paper and as of today only three people opened it and no one commented. It makes me question myself about whether or not I am smart enough. Stupid, I know...but I try to comment on people's papers especially if there are no comments. The thing is I know I am doing well in the course, but I can't change how I feel, and after eight weeks ( plus personnel issues on my team) it's getting to me.

Sorry for the long rant, I am hoping that by talking about it I can move on a bit and get my eating back on track....

Thank you all for your support and inspiration!
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Participated in the first parade of the season down here in Florida. Was the Town and Country Veterans Parade, Tampa, FL. Long parade with lots of spectators. They seemed to enjoy my little truck.

I have a fresh picture of me from today 11/7/2015 and a former picture for comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Larr 11-7-2015.jpg (38.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Larry 10-29-2009.jpg (49.9 KB, 7 views)
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:59 AM   #7  

Good Morning!
Larry, You give me so much inspiration. I remember when you lost and then gained and are now losing once again. I have regained a large chunk and I am going to get it off again!
Melissa, I too used to take things too personally. As I get older I realized I wasted too much time worrying about people I didn't even like that much. Why was I trying to impress people I didn't agree with in life???
Sam great idea. I used to have a chart on my fridge and it was so motivating. I am going to do that again. Your hubby was right. We need to get enough sleep. I always overeat when I am tired.

Yesterday was tough and did not go as planned. BUT, I am back here posting and I WILL get below 250!!!
Have a peaceful day.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:47 AM   #8  

Good Morning!
Monday is weigh in day and I am down .6!!!!!!!
Have a peaceful day.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:15 AM   #9  

Melissa I have a lot of anxiety too...It can be so overwhelming and hard sometimes and especially when it hits you in public it just makes it all the more worse. Social anxiety is the worst for me. Not so much for people's approval, but to actually talk to people...Like literally I have a real hard time speaking to people I don't know in a social situation. It's different for me at work, and I like to think sometimes at work I am playing a part, that it isn't really me and maybe I'm on a TV show or some sort of actress. It's easier for some reason when it's my job, I guess because I just have to be nice, I don't have to be myself. Don't worry too much about what others think. I know that is easier said than done, but sometimes we just have to take a step back and look at what we is really bothering us about a situation. If it isn't something you can change, move on! I have spent way too many years trying to change the stuff that wasn't changeable and getting so upset over it. Always here for you!

Larry Looking great!!! That is a great comparison pic!! Hope you had a great time with the parade!

Ubee It is so important to do anything we can for motivation. For me it's posting here almost daily to keep accountable. I guess I worry sometimes that if I'm not doing well in my journey that I'll let people in this group down...I don't know it's kind of stupid really when you think about it. I guess it's just with me being so lucky to have the success I am having, I want to be here to rub off on people the good things to weight loss and help them keep going. I'm not a nutrition expert, I just know what works for me, and I want to be here to support people as much as possible. I also have a dry erase board calendar in my bedroom right beside my bed and each morning I look at it for what exercise I'll be doing that day. I try to plan it out for a whole month and see how that works for me. It helps me make sure I don't skip a workout unless there is a good enough reason not to, and I don't feel like it is not a good enough reason! Also....WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! .6 pounds go girl!!! You're getting back in saddle, so proud of you!!! Take baby steps and you'll lose this weight for good!

Well I decided to play hookie from work today. I am just so exhausted from this weekend that I need to just rest. Saturday I spent all afternoon decorating the club house in my neighborhood with my friend that hasn't hardly helped with this baby shower SHE volunteered us for, and that I ended up paying for most of it. After we finished decorating we were supposed to come back to my house and work on the cupcakes. We had decided to make them ourselves and she came up with the idea to make mushrooms out of fondant from this picture I found online. I agreed to it but didn't realize she was going to use her child crying at home with daddy as a way to get out of it. I stayed up until midnight making those stupid mushrooms and cooking the rest of the food for the party. Party day comes, and she is late getting to the clubhouse so I had to set everything up then leave 30 minutes before the party was supposed to start so I could get balloons. By the time I got back my friend and her parents were already there standing outside in the rain because I had the key. We get inside and instead of my friend helping me with throwing sandwiches together that I couldn't make because she had the bread, she just walked around aimlessly around the room while I'm trying to get things together and somehow greet people as they come in. I was a complete wreck I was so stressed out. All the money I spent for stupid baby shower games nobody played them and after everyone ate and she opened her gifts everyone left. So it was an hour and a half of me being stressed for nothing because no one even cared. My friend was so happy though and that made it worth while. I'm not going to lie I stress ate yesterday. I went in with a plan of having a small plate of food and leaving it at that, but I ended up eating more after I brought home all of the left over food. After all of that I felt like crap because I'm not used to eating bread so my stomach blew up. I ended up falling asleep by 7:30 last night because I just couldn't even hold my eyes open. I should have gone into work but I feel like my body aches all over...partly because of all the running around I had to do and the other part the food I knew I shouldn't have eaten, or at least over indulged. I'm up a couple pounds this morning but I'm not going to let it get me down. I'm going to rest during the day today and bust out a shoulders and cardio work out this afternoon. One day at a time! Sometimes we fall but as long as we get back up and keep pushing we'll be fine!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-14-2015, 07:29 PM   #10  

HELLO!
Anyone out there?
Old 11-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #11  

Ubee I'm here!!!

It's been crazy in my life here recently guys. I am trying so hard to get ahead of my work so that I'm not behind when I get back from vacation this year. My vacation is a month a way but I won't be back until after the new year due to the Christmas holiday and my vacation at the same time. I've been having to come in on Saturdays when the office is closed just to get caught up on work and do other things to keep me ahead. I worked almost 10 hours yesterday and still could have kept going. It's stressed me out but I'm hanging in there. I am up .4 pounds this week and I'm sure that is a combo of me losing any weight from the baby shower the previous weekend that I may have gained and my friend TOM is coming any time now...Great...Right before Thanksgiving and I already feel like I want to eat everything in sight!

I will not give up! I will stay strong!

Hope everyone is well!
Old 11-16-2015, 11:50 AM   #12  

Good Morning.
Sam so glad to see you! Where are you going on vacation? I hate the urge to eat everything. This isn't the first nor the last time you"ll feel this way so stay strong.
Monday is my weigh in day and I always feel so motivated. I wish that feeling could stay all week. I went to the Dr. and my D3 was low because I haven't been taking it. Duh! I am back on it today and waiting to see if that has been contributing to my gain.
Have a peaceful day.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #13  

Ubee I guess you can say I have never really taken a "vacation". I'm just getting away from work lol. If DH and I ever go anywhere it is to visit our family in Virginia and West Virginia for a few days. I don't really count that as a vacation...I've never really been somewhere just to go and visit a place unless it was to stay the night somewhere on the way home from visiting family. Maybe one day I can take a real vacation, but in the meantime I'll just be happy to get away from work for awhile. This year has been so stressful leading up to my vacation. I'm even contemplating resulting to paying my friend $10 an hour out of my own pocket to help me with filing and stuff that would be easy work just to get it done and one less thing to worry about. I really don't have the money to pay her though since I'm trying to save as much money as I can to get to do something for vacation, but I told her if I did end up needing her that I would pay her because I don't think that's fair for her to do it for free. Make sure you take your D3!!! DH has low Vit D levels so he has to take a ton of it and he's starting to get in the tanning bed for a few minutes a couple times a week when we go to the gym and it seems to be helping him out.

I've been feeling gloomy this week. I guess it's because my best friend Flo is visiting me this week. I didn't go to the gym yesterday but pushed myself to do a HIIT video and work my shoulders with the weights I have at home. Same for tonight. I attempted to do Insanity...Welp, it's too damn hard for me lol...I got 7 minutes in (right after the warm up) and quit. I'm so emotional that I started crying because I couldn't do it lol...I'm laughing now because it sounds so silly when it's all written out there in black and white. So then I switched it up and did Fire 40. My boss signed up for Beach Body on Demand on their site so you get access to all of the exercise videos from all of the beach body trainers. She gave me her log in so I can go on there whenever I want. After I finished that I started to do the Abs 10 video they have. I got 5 minutes in and quit...I think Abs is not a good area to train when you feel bloated and your stomach is already cramping. I did end up doing a few more ab exercises but just called it a day.

Tomorrow DH and I are meeting my grandma's neighbors for dinner. They're an older couple and very nice. They're also one of my customers at work. They are going out of town for two weeks the weekend of Thanksgiving and needed a house & dog sitter so we offered. They think the world of me and know how trustworthy I am plus my grandmother lives across the street so it all works out. They insisted on paying us and are paying us handsomely so that will help me out a lot with some things I need to get caught up on with my bills.

I'm trying so hard to push myself this week even though I don't feel the greatest. I just feel like I need to push things to the limit with Thanksgiving coming up and I know that will be a cheat day for me. After that I don't plan on having one until my vacation at Christmas. Even then I'm going to have to try as hard as I can not to over indulge too much. Too many good foods at the holidays dang it!! LOL!! DH and I are cooking dinner for my mom and grandma again this year. My mom is inviting this guy she is seeing over and his roommate is supposed to be coming too. My best friend has been going through a hard time lately. She has worked for her family her whole life and I guess something has gone down so she is moving away from them finally and going to live life for herself. They have always taken advantage of her so I'm glad to see that she is working hard to get away from them. She's supposed to be moving down here by me again and has already gotten a job lined up. I invited her and her SO to dinner if they are down here so they wouldn't be alone. I don't know if they'll come but didn't want them to feel like they couldn't have a nice meal with friends on Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone is doing well. It sure is quiet here. Life gets in the way sometimes and with the holidays coming up I believe it will become even more quiet, but I will continue to post so I hope you guys do too...Even if it's only once a week.

Take care everyone!
Old 11-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Hey all

Still kicking, writing my last paper for my purse this weekend, parent teacher interviews tomorrow and four weeks from tomorrow I will be heading yo the airport hotel waiting to fly home for Christmas break. Have some plans for the next month, to get back into things....eating and workout wise.

Keep doing you!
time4me2change is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone.

I know I've been AWOL for a few weeks but I've been lurking and it's been so quiet here.

I have really been out of control since Halloween. Yes, the leftover candy completely derailed my progress, will power, and motivation. I don't think I've had an on-plan day in the last 2 weeks and the scale shows it. I was up to walking 1/2 mile on the treadmill or a half hour and they usually coincided within a few minutes of each other. Yes, I walk slow, but I was steadily increasing my speed.

I am not giving up. I haven't really been trying to do any of this right lately but I'm not done. I am trying not to let the upcoming holidays derail me completely - they do have a way of doing that. I'll be away for Thanksgiving, which may be a blessing, since I tend to eat less around other people, and will have less control over what and when I actually eat during the four days I'll be gone. I know I will get back on track. I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later, but I know that's up to me, and no one else and hoping won't make it happen.

Sam, as always you are so motivating. I admire your determination. You are doing so great, even when you're stressed.

I just wanted to check in. I miss being able to share some good stuff but I know we all have struggles and we all get it. I will try to check in a little more often. It helps knowing you are all here.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote