Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 02:20 AM   #46  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles View Post
Hi..I am shocked to report that I am going to the fitness center and enjoying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really never expected to type those words.

Katt, things are warming up here..it was only 6 degrees below zero today. Chocoholic here also...I found Werthers hard candies coffee&chocolate flavor...I have them at work for when an attack happens.
Yay about the fitness center.. I am pushing to get back to the gym next week after the store has closed .. will be able to go mid- morning when its quieter I think.

Glad the temps are heating up too (very tongue in cheek lol).

Those Werthers sound great ... but we don't have them over here .. I have found the caramel ones only (sugar free) ... but will keep looking for them cos they sound like me for sure lol.

TIME4ME2CHANGE - Welcome back hun! How did the trip home go?? Did you miss all that bad weather and the cold??
Old 01-09-2014, 04:34 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 293.6/290/200

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. My name is Kendra. Excited to be part of this weight loss challenge! I'm really hoping to be in the 250's again by the end of this, but if I can do even better than that it'd be amazing!

START WEIGHT: 293
GOAL WEIGHT: 258
TOTAL TO LOSE: 35

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12:
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19:
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26:
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02:
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09:
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16:
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23:
Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02:
Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09:
Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:
Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:
Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:
Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:
Old 01-09-2014, 06:41 AM   #48  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

Oh poop! Had a headache yesterday....blast those hormones! And what do I do? Go to bed with a paracetamol ??? No.....have a carb fest! I didn't entirely lose the plot to be fair but went over my calorie allowance by 500-600 calories. I know I know....in the grand scheme of things....and the overall picture.....but why oh why do we do this?????
I had exercised quite a bit yesterday and have already spent the morning walking the dog and energetically cleaning out the chicken shed!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:45 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 380/ticker/180

Height: 5"9

Alright let's get this new year new challenge started!

I am feeling super motivated... with a trip to Disneyland Paris in March, a wedding in July and a new event I'm planning an epic 30th birthday party for myself (also in July)... and want to look great!

I have finally weighed myself, and am only up 2 pounds from my 3 week break... I'm thrilled to still be under 360, and will not be changing my ticker until it goes down past where I last left off.

START WEIGHT: 356
GOAL WEIGHT: 326
TOTAL TO LOSE: 30

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 356

Looking forward to going through this challenge with you all!!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi, made it through my physical...Might have to make some changes after the blood tests come back...but until then..I am OK!!!

kendrabear I am finding the more I check in here the better I do.

mountain walker when you figure it out..PLEASE tell me!!!!

time4me2change
we will all have to keep each other pumped through this challenge.

Still trying to decide my "food" diet ....
Old 01-10-2014, 01:59 AM   #51  

Hey guys! Just checking in on everybody.
Today was an alright day. Breakfast and dinner could have been better but my snacking and my lunch were great. One step at a time. Last year I went into it full steam ahead and I got burnt out after 4 months. I'm going much slower this time, not changing everything at once. It's going to be slow, but hopefully the changes I make will be permanent.

Isles Glad to hear it went alright. Keep us updated!

time4me2change Good luck! I'm sure you'll look amazing.

mountain walker Good on you for taking control. It could have ended up a lot worse. And good on you for getting right back on the wagon.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:03 AM   #52  

Good Morning I am happily drinking coffee this morning after having to abstain yesterday until after my physical.

A goal is a dream with a deadline.
Napoleon Hill

I love this one...

In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia.
Author Unknown

This so reminded me of me. I make a workout goal - sort of.
I make a food plan - sort of.

So this week I am making DEFINED goals.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 320/250.4/160

Height: 5'8

Hey everyone! I wanted to join in on this challenge. I'm going to be going for 30 lbs.

START WEIGHT:290
GOAL WEIGHT: 260
TOTAL TO LOSE:30

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 290
Old 01-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #54  

livcarter

Well, I had an idea....I hate counting calories...then today I was thinking at work how I DO like tracking other things...which I do at work a lot. So I am going to start by tracking my work out information and hopefully will be able to transfer this habit into tracking calories.

I am going into work tomorrow morning for awhile and then having lunch with two life long friends.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:23 AM   #55  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been away the last couple of days ... well .. at least not babbling lol .. its been a busy couple of days .. I was intending to go into the shop on Friday to start packing up .. but decided to come home instead to clean my house lol .. so after waiting for the bus I headed home from town and got off a couple of stops early to walk home ... then got changed and started attacking the lounge ... so many things had built up over the last few months of me doing the minimal so it was a very therapeutic activity .. which took me almost 2 hours!! (3.5 bags of rubbish and non-necessary later!). I was going to relax for a while .. then went to do the dishes (from the lounge and night before lol) then I started on the kitchen ... after that it was time to attack the porch out back which has been a dumping ground for MONTHS! Another great time was had .. and I found some things I had been looking for too lol ...

By then it was time to get dinner sorted out .. so I got the vegetables ready and marinated some steak for hunny .. and a little chicken for me

Today was more of an adventure ... I took 2 HUGE boxes of clothes to the recycling bins (Im not sure if you have them where you are .. but its where people can drop off the clothes for different charities).. and it half filled one of the bins lol ... still have 1.5 boxes to take there too. After that hunny n I went into the shop to pack it all up ... came home and relaxed this afternoon before a late dinner as (sorry peeps!) it was too hot to eat earlier. But I made a delicious dinner ...

I marinated a lean piece of steak with a little honey soy, quick fried it in a non stick pan (no oil) then took it out and left it to sit for 5 minutes. Then I thinly sliced it on an angle to sit on the top of the salad (which I put together while the steak was cooking). Frilly lettuce, Cucumber, Spring Onion, Gherkin & Carrot. Hunny had tomato (Im allergic) and a small sprinkling of grated Gouda cheese ... oh and I had a couple of tablespoons of a seed mix (sunflower, sesame, pumpkin). For afters we had a few pieces of fresh fruit (banana, strawberries & plums). So lovely and so filling! Still under my calories for the day too ... feeling a bit better about todays food intake that is for sure lol.

Right .. catch up ...

KENDRABEAR - Welcome in hun .. have added you onto the chart Look forward to seeing you on the boards Great attitude about taking it easy too ... little steps forward are better than a giant leap where you could stumble and fall backwards

MOUNTAIN WALKER - Don't stress too much, its only the beginning .. and as lovely as we would like to think it won't happen again .. unfortunately just when we think we knew the answers they changed all the questions! Its a long journey we are on and its always going to be an adventure lol.

TIME4ME2CHANGE - Wow .. you have a lot of exciting things coming up Sounds like it will all be a blast and Im sure your birthday will be one to remember

ISLES - Yay about the physical ... hummm .. I really should think about getting a physical to see how the loss is working for me lol ... hate going to doctors though so do tend to avoid them when I can You seem soooo organised and determined this time round hun .. very proud of you I seem to have the opposite problem to you .. I don't even THINK of tracking whatever activity I do .. but I LOVE to track my calories lol ... I have found that if I think about the general amount of calories it helps me to behave a bit better lol ..

LIVCARTER - Welcome on in hun .. glad to have you on board Have added you to the chart

How is everyone else going??? Are you all keeping warm?? Even though I was sitting out in the sun today I was thinking about you a lot and hoping that you are all keeping warm and well.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #56  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

nightkatt what a wonderful post....your dinner looks yummy. and top marks for the house tidying ....how very satisfying.
I wanted to ask my fellow challengers a question.When you first start a challenge and the excitement has worn off, does anybody else struggle because exercise is still hard (especially at my weight) and you haven't started to feel that much better yet? I know feeling better is just around the corner, but my knees ache like mad so exercise is a bit limited.......aaaarrrrgggghhh!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi Everyone!
Katt thank you for posting your pictures. It helps to remind me to get my leafy greens in. I love them but always forget them.
Donna, my knees did not feel better until I got down to 260. Motivation comes and goes so I like to focus on my committment to getting healthy for myself and my family. You have a precious family. Think of what a joy it will be to see their children.
Stay focused everyone!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:42 PM   #58  

MountainWalker: I am with you...but I have found relief with Celedrin..I will post more later - I am at work and heading out to lunch with some friends I have had my whole life.

Wanted to pop in here to remind me to be "good" while ordering today.

Later...
Old 01-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #59  

Nightkatt Oh that looks soooo good. Now I'm craving salad.

mountain walker I struggled with that my last time around. Exercise wasn't getting any easier, it was too expensive to pay for the gym. I made up so many excuses for myself to stop doing it and I did. I gained back all 40 lbs that I lost, and an extra 3 lbs on top of that. It was horrifying. Now I'm having to start again this year at the exact same spot where I was last year and all I can think about is that if I had just kept going I'd be at goal by now. But let me tell you that after starting again in October going to the gym, it may feel like it's not getting any easier but it is. I didn't realize how in shape I was earlier in the year. I could run, I could stay on the elliptical for long periods of it. When I started again I felt like I was dying after 10 minutes. So it may not feel like you've gotten any better but I'm sure you have. And in terms of aching, I second the celadrin and I'd also think about taking glucosamine.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:28 PM   #60  

This week will be a bad weigh in:

Lunch today with my lifelong friend who had ovarian cancer and is now fighting breast cancer
Breakfast tomorrow with my one and only living Uncle.
But I am prepared for a set back and wouldn’t have missed the time with my friend or my Uncle.

Quote:
Now I'm having to start again this year at the exact same spot where I was last year
Kendrabear: when I read that I thought…but it wasn’t MORE than last year …so that is good.

Plus now you have US to help you.

Although I did eat out this week I have been going to the fitness center...so that is a win!!

Closed Thread