Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #241  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the welcome Ube - I'm EXACTLY like you in that I am STUCK, STUCK, STUCK. Fortunately, I'm even stuck when i misbehave - like for the past week and a half - I've been eating chocolate bars (sometimes more than one a day!) Then recently I made these cinnamon rolls which are of course - delicious!!! I'm hoping you guys will kick my butt and help me get back on track. This winter stuff has got to go . . . but the news says rain, rain, rain all week, sigh Ok, now MY rant is over - glad you guys are here to commiserate with, and soon . . . to celebrate with . . . right?

Lay ya seeter
Old 02-15-2014, 09:51 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

I don't weigh in until Monday but I peeked today and I am down 4 pounds in 5 days so far this week.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #243  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Nightkatt - Sorry to just be answering you! I'm doing Ideal Protein with alternatives. It has been very effective so far! And thank you!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Height: 5'7"

How's it going, everyone? I see there are a lot of posts for me to catch up on. I thought I'd post my progress and then go back and read about how all of you are doing!

Coming here to post my progress has made me realise how important this challenge is. I've been moping about, thinking I haven't done all that great, but seeing the difference between this week and last week has put me in a good mood!

I'm especially pleased because I went to a big outdoor concert yesterday. We'd never been to this location before so didn't know what to expect. I've been to festivals/concerts where they don't let you bring in much food, so we loaded up with some reasonably healthy snacks and figured we'd find something worth eating there. We had a great time, but the food situation wasn't great. We ended up having burgers since they were the only things that looked okay, and it turned out they were huge. I ended up removing 3/4 of the bun, which is messy sitting outdoors! We got some chips (fries) too, and after about 5 I couldn't face any more. Which is a first for me! Then we sat on our bums for hours, so I was convinced I'd have gained weight, but this morning I was down! So pleased with that.

I also wondered how everyone here breaks down their goals. I have an end weight goal, and a midpoint goal (getting below 100kg so I can go horseriding again), and I have longterm fitness goals (weights I want to be able to lift, exercises-like lunges- I can't physically do now, etc). But they all seem to be way down the line. My trainer asked me the other day to think about some short term goals that I can work towards with him, and I was completely baffled. So I wondered if any of you lovely people have any ideas to share about what you set as goals for weight/health/fitness etc.

Right- off to read all the posts!

START WEIGHT: 278
GOAL WEIGHT: 250
TOTAL TO LOSE: 28

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 278
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 272.4 (-5.6)
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 271 (-1.4; -7 total)
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 269.8 (-1.2, -8.2 total)
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 268.6 (-1.2, -9.4 total) TOM
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 266 (-2.6, -12 total)
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23:
Week 08 - FEB 24 - MAR 02:
Week 09 - MAR 03 - MAR 09:
Week 10 - MAR 10 - MAR 16:
Week 11 - MAR 17 - MAR 23:
Week 12 - MAR 24 - MAR 30:
Week 13 - MAR 31 - APR 06:
Week 14 - APR 07 - APR 13:
Week 15 - APR 14 - APR 20:
Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27:
Old 02-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Height: 5'7"

I think I need to check in here more once a week to see what you're all doing! So much happens over the week!

Larry- Congrats on getting out of the 260s! That's so fantastic! And the difference in your before and now photo is stunning! You look wonderful.

lemc87- Thanks for the info- I will keep an eye out for the Wii Zumba next time I'm in town. It's summer here, so getting out and about isn't too bad, but I'd like to have something fun I can do at home during the winter, and this sounds like it's perfect! Great loss for the week, by the way! Go you!

edoetsch1- 7.4! That's amazing! I'm so pleased for you. Keep at it!

sweetenuf- I agree with the others- I can't believe you have teenaged children! Congrats on the weight loss!

Starfish17- What a great idea to keep a total at the bottom of the weigh ins- it shows that overall you're doing something right!

Nightkatt- Thank you for doing that chart. That is AMAZING. I'm so proud of us all, and it's great to see it like that, so easy to understand! Definitely giving me more motivation! And I completely agree with Ubee that you would be amazing in a job that encouraged others. Where did you get the treadmill from? That's a fantastic challenge/deal they have going!

Ubee- considering you've just had surgery, I think you're fantastic for maintaining at that number! Hope the recovery is going well.

Silentarctic- Don't let that discourage you! I sometimes feel like when I have a big loss, my body freaks out and stubbornly holds on to fat and water before finally giving in and letting some more pounds drop.

watchoutforthatcar, sunnydispo, LeslieWendy & livcarter- what great losses this week!

Isles- hope all goes well with your blood tests. And I agree that sometimes it seems like the scale is out to get us! I bet you're due for a whoosh any day now!

wannaskipandlaugh- I am so sorry to hear about your friend, and it being so sudden too. Is there something special that reminds you of him and your friendship you can do whenever you feel like trying to drown the sorrow with food? I also wanted to say that I find you and your weight loss to be so inspiring- you're doing so amazingly, so please don't be hard on yourself for this week.

Doragone- welcome! I've found this challenge has definitely helped keep me motivated, and seeing everyones results is so inspiring!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:28 AM   #246  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Right o .. how are we all today? I know some of you poor darlings are shivering in your thermals .. BUT .. just think of all that energy the shivering uses and the weight that must be dispersing Well this weekend in Wellington has definitely seen Summer hitting us again .. its just too hot and I feel like a beached whale not really wanting to move cos the sweat just builds up so quick .. don't remember it doing that when I was bigger either! But on the plus side this is going to help me add on the few pounds I wanted .. on the down side .. the food intake hasn't been great (can't eat when Im hot), so I have been reduced to eating the bad foods all weekend and I feel absolutely disgusting .. but its only until tomorrow then I can have a detox day after I weigh in to get my treadmill ... WHY you may be asking lol .. I know .. On this challenge and the Christmas one I did last year I didn't have a single week where I went up and I worked hard to do that .. and it does go against my grain to WANT to go up .. which I don't .. but as with everything I do there is a simple reason lol .. well .. simple for me anyway.

LA FITNESS (Ferris you can look them up online and do this challenge by ordering it over the comp if you don't have a store near you) has a challenge ... you hire any cardio equipment for 6 months ... they weigh you at the start .. and then they weigh you on the 6 months ... if you have lost 10kg or more (about 22 pounds) then you get to keep the equipment you have hired for no more cost .. all yours .. free and clear I worked out that I would be paying about $10 more a week that I am at the moment for a gym I don't go to (which is about finished for my contract now) and I can do it at home ... I have it all planned in my head and have created the space for it in my zen room ... so I will get up in the morning ... get on the treadmill (room opposite) then into the bathroom to get ready for my day ... have a 30-60 minute music mix to listen to ... or if I want I can watch an episode of CSI or Law & Order on the DVD lol ... I loved the treadmill at the gym ... so that is why I chose to go for this piece. Going in tomorrow to weigh in ... and I wanted to add a few pounds on so that I would have that little bit of extra to lose to reach my ultimate goal by the time the 6 months is up Just checked after we went out to Dennys so I could have Buffalo Wings (OMG .. soooo missed these lol) .. and I have some brownie and Ice cream for dessert shortly ... along with TOM I should be up for the first time in about 6 months ... which I think will be good for me too .. mentally I mean

Soooo ... that is my convoluted plan anyway lol .. we had a fun time trying out the different treadmills yesterday .. and I even went on one of those vibrating machines ... just about shook my teeth out but I had a blast singing a song .. sounded like a chipmunk in a blender rofl. I think the way it helps lose weight or tone is you are left laughing so much can't help but work on some muscles hehehe.

Today we braved the heat again to do a photo shoot for a bridal couple who we are the photographers for the second weekend of March ... got a busy few weekends coming up actually .. next weekend sees us enjoying a weekend in the city at a hotel (wedding pressie) with my hunny and nephew and me .. the boys are going to the Dr Who Symphony performance on Friday AND Saturday nights (while I will be at the hotel relaxing and maybe doing more cross stitch lol) .. then Sunday I have my big walk ... following weekend we have photo shoots on both days (one is a trashing of the wedding dress Never understood people doing that to their wedding dresses??) ... then the wedding the weekend after ... a weekend off . .then another 5km walk the weekend after that .. but this one is the colour run (check that out online) where you end up with like a paint powder all over you at the end of it lol .. fab!

Okee ... LARRY .. Im glad you are having such a big loss so far .. will help balance out my up for the team lol ... you are just doing fantastic

UBEE - Awww .. down moments are fine .. just remember what you HAVE achieved .. and I don't necessarily mean weight loss .. Im sure if you think about it you will realise you are AB FAB! Just because you are you and you have been something positive in other peoples lives that you have touched

DORA - OMG .. LOVE LOVE LOVE Cinnamon Rolls lol .. but any carb is a killer for me ... but omg .. now I want some rofl ... I did do some baking this morning .. neither of which will be going into my cookbook .. although the cookies might because not everything in it is going to be low cal or dairy free .. but it should be adaptable .. so I made Chocolate Chip Cookies (dough is in the fridge at the mo so I haven't actually baked them yet lol) and then I made a chocolate/choc chip & walnut brownie .... soooo not good for the calories lol. But when I was looking through my cupboard I found a bunch of ingredients that I don't use in my healthy baking and thought .. no .. Im not gonna toss them .. will use them up and then start again Fortunately the cookies and cupcakes and cakes I am making this week will all be going to a friends house cos she is my disposal unit lol.

FERRIS - Another great loss this week .. and I know what you mean about events .. its like they only cater to the fast food crowd ... they really need like a mobile pita pit ... or something so that there are healthy options .. especially if they aren't going to allow you to bring in your own food .. I have a hard time in a lot of places like that due to allergies for me (tomato/mushroom) or my nephew (dairy/processed meats) or my sister and other nephew (dairy again) .. or niece (gluten!) ... it does make it an adventure even when we go into town to find a place we can all eat at lol .. Pita Pit or Subway or Sushi usually are the only options we can agree with (well .. I don't agree with the sushi lol). But I think you did great ... I went to Wendys with hunny last month and got the Chicken Grill burger, but removed the top bun and didn't have any sauce (or tomato lol) .. worked out to be about 360 cal .. 500 when I added a few fries). So I didn't feel too bad Great loss again for you this week

So thats all my babble for today peeps ... Im just wilting here on the couch .. contemplating going to have a cooling shower .. not to mention putting the pulse of it on my lower back which is not in a happy state lol .. but I just have no energy .. so we are just going to enjoy a cool bottle of water .. cool down in the air con room and watch some more of the Winter Olympics.

I wish you warmth where you are cold .. and cool where you are hot .. and remember .. the cold and rain give you a time to reflect, plan and appreciate the summer .. me .. I love the autumn and spring .... not too hot or too cold lol.... but on the hot days I appreciate the fact I can get the washing done .. and on the not so good days I appreciate the fact I can either get the housework done or complete another indoor project which has been sitting in a box cos the weather is too nice to do it lol.

Hugs
Old 02-16-2014, 04:33 AM   #247  
Trying again

FERRIS! I such a dolt .. just got into bed when I realised that I forgot to answer your questions about the goals!
Weight: Set it for small .. I am a fan of even numbers as a goal .. if not the actual loss, then the end result lol .. so if Im 278 .. then the 8 has to go lol .. and I like 10-20 pounds as a small goal. Like I saw in a quote from another member back in 2006 .. I can't lose 100 pounds .. but I CAN lose 10 pounds .. 10 times
Exercise: Not my best area lol .. BUT .. I know on the treadmill I set either times or distances and each week I try to increase one of them .. will be having to start again when I get my one, but at least I have a plan for that. With my "Disco with Richard Simmons" .. it started as want to do warm up, one song and then cool down ... then it was that for a week .. then add another song etc and just keep building it up .. again .. something I will have to start again lol ... and then the "Walk Away the Pounds" ... 1 mile ... 2 mile .. 3 mile. As for weights I haven't really done anything with those for a while as I wanted to lose weight more than build muscle, but now that I have lost so much I need to start toning up and building a little muscle .. so on the treadmill Im going to incorporate some wrist weights and do some arm movement within the program. At some point I might return to the gym to a trainer to help fine tune and everything ..

I had a great experience today that I forgot to share too ... the couple my hunny was photographing today brought a cousin along with them (and their niece) and he is a personal trainer ... anyway .. while they were happy getting clicked etc we were chatting. I told him about my weight loss and I showed him my arms with all that excess skin ... on the down side even with weights etc there is still going to be a lot of excess there as its been stretched and stuff for so many years and at my age its not as elastic as it would have been 20 even 10 years ago .. but I can tone it and build a little more muscle .. same with the rest of me .. so when I reach my goal (whatever I decide the final one is lol) and before I go in for surgery to cut off any excess I will get a trainer to fix as much as possible .... I do still worry over the cost to make mewhat I want to become ... but I only have one life .. and while the first half may not have been the best for me in how I saw myself .. I want the second half to be a lot more positive and hopefully inspired ... so its an investment in me .. something I haven't really done before.

Hope that helps a little Ferris (Sorry about the extra babble lol .. time for bed)
Old 02-16-2014, 09:33 AM   #248  

S/C/G: 343/248/200

Height: 5'4"

01/26 to 02/02 = 326.2 (was at 326.8 yesterday)
02/03 to 02/09 = 322.2 = 4 pounds
02/10 to 02/16 = 319 = 3.2 pounds

Good morning everyone!

I have lots of reading to do, but I figured I'd post my progress since I like to weigh-in on Sunday. This week has had its ups and downs for me. I was sick on Thursday and didn't really follow my routine, so I thought I had doomed myself to gain weight! BUT I have also been working my butt off with exercise (121 minutes of exercise yesterday alone), so I'm very proud of my 3.2 pound loss. Seems to be Zumba was the key to get me moving my legs and hips!

Last edited by lemc87; 02-16-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #249  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Lem... look at you! New decade! Hooray.. the "2" is coming.. its just right around the corner!

Ferris.. (wow you have had a WONDERFUL loss of weight! ) You are so sweet and my friend was a good guy. I made a journey entry and wrote all the things about him that I remember so that I can go back to it and know that I won't forget the little things. Sometimes, I think, being older.. you kinda get alittle more peaceful feeling about someone important passing (I am 55). I still hurt, but I know he is in a loving place and I am pretty sure his soul knows we (I) miss him Thank you so much for your kind words too about my weight loss journey... It sure is a journey or learning! LOL

NightKatt... I know what you mean about the heat... in 2 months I will be in the upper 80's and HUMID again.. I am enjoying this 60- 70's (our South Florida winter temps).. and cool about that Treadmill rental - to lose from LA Fitness.. that is awesome and such a motivation ( to get it for little price if you make your goal!) The only thing (IMO) about sweating.. is that it gets rid of toxins too ... which is a good thing

Larry... you are having a Great WHOOSH Week.. Hooray! always helps the mind to have that happen!

Ferris.. for my goals and what I do..... I have my Main goal set out on the ticker... and it is fun to see the cat face move to the right.. move move move LOL... I also keep an hand drawn chart where I put a dot on my weight for the day. It is like a Rollercoaster and fun to relook at again somedays. Its nice to see that I have a very good loss week a month and its a great reminder about that. But I like the short term - 5 lbs off challenges that get me moving little bits at a time. That helps the forward motion. Maybe its my age too.. but now I don't even think of how much farther I have to go as I like my charts and Journals and see that I have forward progress. I am just not overwhelmed with it now.. When I started this journey 1/6/13 I had 160 lbs to lose and for the first 2-3 months I kept track.. but I was still waring with my mind about commitment and I don't need to eat that now and Move it (walking wise) that I did not really look at the numbers either. Good thing they were going down LOL. I know that people are smart and use the lost 5 lbs 10 times etc as your weight loss journey seems less overwhelming that way and I have probably felt and thought that way too during this last year... Now I just know I am going forward.. Fast or Slow.. I am going forward and every new Decade gets a STAR in my journal (and a cloud on this forum!)
Old 02-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #250  
Trying again

START WEIGHT: 262.5
GOAL WEIGHT: 240
TOTAL TO LOSE: 22.3

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 262.5 (START)
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 258.8 (-3.7)
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 256.4 (-2.4)
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 252.4 (-4.0)
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 251.3 (-1.1)
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 248.0 (-3.3)
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 249.1 (+1.1) (TOM)

Well .. as anticipated up Why smile lol .. but I know it will be gone in the next couple of days .. I filled up with water before I weighed in hehehe .. off to "officially" weigh in at the treadmill place soon ... I was worried when I popped on the scales last night before I went to bed to see me up about 4 pounds ... but was happier when I got on this morning .. stunning how much you can lose with a good nights sleep

Gotta get going but will be back later

LEM - Another great loss this week .. hopefully you are feeling better now .. and wow .. 2 hours of working out .. dang woman .. Im exhausted just THINKING about it ... even though its probably going to take me at least that long on Sunday to do the walk .. just hope its a little cooler .. fortunately its in the morning so it shouldn't be too hot I was cleaning up my zen room last week and found my daughters zumba dvd's ... might have to see what they are like lol.

Last edited by Nightkatt; 02-18-2014 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #251  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I am sorry I had not posted last week... But I know why (my friend dying)...

Here is a catch up and today's weight. Happy Monday all!

START WEIGHT: 243.6
GOAL WEIGHT: 220
TOTAL TO LOSE: 23.6 !!! will do IT!

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 243.6 (start)
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 245.2 (+1.6 but that will go away!)
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 238 (-5.6 total)
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 236.6 (-1.4 and total -7.0)
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 234.8 (-1.8 and total -8.8 )
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 238.0 (+3.2 and total -5.6)
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 233.0 (-5.0 and total - 10.6 )
Week 16 - APR 21 - APR 27
Old 02-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

This is my third week of eating more to weigh less using the Volumetrics Plan.

The result, a 4 pound loss this week

START WEIGHT: 278
GOAL WEIGHT: 258

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 278
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 274
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 274
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 274
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 271
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 269
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 265

Old 02-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #253  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Larry : Congrats on the 4 lbs loss...thats fantastic!

Ferris : Thank you very much

Its Monday!! Hope we all have a great week.....Ill check in tonight, Im going to go finish refinishing my dresser.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:02 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

START WEIGHT:323.4
GOAL WEIGHT: 295
TOTAL TO LOSE:28.4

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: 323.4
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: 319.00
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 317.
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 319.4
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 310
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 314
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 312.8
Old 02-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #255  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

START WEIGHT: 500
GOAL WEIGHT: 450
TOTAL TO LOSE: 50
LOST SO FAR: 5.6

Week 01 - JAN 06 - JAN 12: no scale
Week 02 - JAN 13 - JAN 19: no scale
Week 03 - JAN 20 - JAN 26: 500
Week 04 - JAN 27 - FEB 02: 498 (down 2lbs)
Week 05 - FEB 03 - FEB 09: 502.6 (up 4.6)
Week 06 - FEB 10 - FEB 16: 495.2 (down 7.4)
Week 07 - FEB 17 - FEB 23: 494.4 (down .8)

Closed Thread