Old 08-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #1  
Don't ever give up!

S/C/G: 307/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm back; 13 pounds down!

So.. I'm back, again. (: 13 pounds down! For the longest time I was just depressed and not willing to diet or exercise. I know I should have come back here to get the support I need from you guys, but I didn't. No excuses; I just didn't. But I am back, and I have been dieting the past 3 months and I am sooo proud to have lost 13 pounds.

Is it just me, or is dieting absolutely HARD?!?

I haven't been exercising, but I plan on starting tomorrow.

Anyhoo, I'm glad to be back! I hope everyone is doing great and dropping lbs!
lusciousskittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #2  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Losing weight is probably one of the hardest things to do. Congratulations on losing 13 lbs! Sometimes it's hard to stay on the wagon, but as long as you get back on that's what matters.

I also notice that if I stay away from this place too long it's too easy to want to give up. I'm on here a lot, looking at the same pics everyday because they're so inspiring and I know I want to be there one day sharing my story.

Hope to hear from you more often!
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #3  
Don't ever give up!

Thanks! Congrats on your 60! Sheesh! What are you doing to lose the weight?
Old 08-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #4  
Getting smaller everyday

Thanks! As boring as it sounds in January I just started watching portion control, trying to pick better healthier foods, and trying not to go over a certain calorie limit. I think it's working for me because I'm not being so strict so it's something that I can live with. I admire those people that can cut out dairy, grains, meats, and processed foods...but realistically that's not me. I love all those things! Lolol! Just recently, like a couple weeks ago, I've started incorporating a 2 mile walk after work Mon-Fri.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #5  
Don't ever give up!

Sounds like your plan is working great for you. I lost the 13 pounds in about 3 months by portion control. Not exactly a "diet" because I eat what I want, I just dont eat a lot of it. I think the hardest part of the whole thing for me is I am always hungry. Not just a little tummy growl but out right hunger pains.

I also count calories so that I know I have good portions. My calorie intake for now is 1700 daily.

Still seems like nothing I eat ever satisfies me.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #6  
Getting smaller everyday

I definitely know how that is. Before I started this the amount of calories I'm sure I've consumed is ridiculous. I could literally eat non stop all day long...and probably still could if I gave myself that chance. Some days are easier than others. But I've definitely had those days where nothing satisfies me and I want to eat 10,000 lbs of meat. lolol
Old 08-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #7  
Don't ever give up!

bahahahaha! I just cooked a pound of meat to make tacos with. I started drooling when I was making them. It took everything I had not to put more then 2 tacos on my plate.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #8  
Getting smaller everyday

Homemade tacos are my weakness! I definitely only make them onec every couple of months anymore, because I can eat the whole pan. No joke, lololol.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #9  
the muse of memory

Congrats, kittles! I imagine it is really hard when you are hungry all the time, but you are making great progress.

I do have an alternative for tacos, if you are open to eating textured veggie protein instead of meat. I don't eat this stuff regularly, but Nature's Own makes a taco crumble (probably in the health food aisle of your local grocery store) that is easy to cook (it just requires hot water). One box makes 4 servings at 90 calories a serving, which I imagine is lower in calories than taco meat (unless you are using ground chicken or something?). I figure, using that, I can usually have three tacos, which makes me happier than two.

And it is probably less of a temptation, I imagine, as wel!
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote