Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 03:41 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Ratkitty WTG on not overeating! AT tough times it's even harder and with jerks & selfish drunks, well you deserve a medal! xxxxx ps I hope you 'hang on' at the funeral, I really can't deal with them.xxx
Larry you must know 018 caloriesw is not enough for a man, you've just come out of hospital for goodness sakes! Isn't it more like 18,000 cals for a man? I'm on 1,500 or so, according to a site I use. Your health is paramount, don't starve yourself over a few pounds gained!xxxx
Cyn she's GORGEOUS! I hopew everything goes well & you get to know her & be part of her life. Crikey I'm 46, my oldest is 24 but luckily his GF is VERY sensible (unlike him!) and is waiting til they're older, married & have their own house before having babies.
I'm getting very down aboutr my weight-loss, slow or nonexistent, it's ANNOYING me, as is hubby! He says I should have lost like 40lbs since 7/7/11 when I had my band! He ought to try being me!
xxxx sharon
Old 09-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #47  

Larry, I agree with Sharon. You are not getting enough protein and calories to heal yourself properly. If you focus on at least 1800 calories with the majority being protein, I believe you will find the IV fluids disappear in less than 2 days. Your body is in shock and needs to readjust to your regular routine. Please don't do anything drastic until things settle.

Sharon, hang in there. I had a more drastic surgery than you and my Mom keeps saying "with the things you eat, you should be skin and bones". I have messed with my metabolism with yo-yo dieting for many decades. Mom means well, but she doesn't understand that it isn't just about calories for those of us with jacked up metabolisms. I have been stuck at the same weight for over 6 months. Talk about a horrid plateau!! On a good note, I have been sticking with it with very few slip-ups and I think I finally see the scale leaving this stupid 5 lb up and down area!!!!! FINALLY! So odd that I didn't want to say anything to not jinx it - geesh. I don't even believe in jinxes, but when it comes to weight.. well, you know.

Hugs to Cyn, Wish, Determ, FMom, Smitt and all our MIA friends (Annie, Catherine, Realist, and others).

Ratkity
Old 09-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #48  

Thanks Ratkitty, I forgot what surgery you had but you did lose a LOT on 'your own' beforehand. It is hard to explain why you're not losing when you don't know either! SO glad you are dropping again, and YES we can beVERY superstitious over our weight! lol xxxxx
xxxxx sharon
Old 09-20-2011, 02:33 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Since January the 6th my goal has been 1500 calories per day. Ten weeks ago I decided to try calorie cycling and vary my calorie intake while maintaining a 1500 average intake. My daily goals are:

Monday 1650 calories
Tuesday 1500 calories
Wednesday 1500 calories
Thursday 1350 calories
Friday 1800 calories
Saturday 1500 calories
Sunday 1200 calories

Three days ago I reduced my daily sodium goal to 1500 mg. I saw my primary doctor today and he says my plan is OK. I would have liked a lower sodium goal but I have low blood pressure and he says that I should try to stay near 1500 mg of sodium to prevent lowering my BP even further, Today my BP was 98/50.

9/19/11 - Mon -goal 1650 calories - actual was 1355 (295 under)
My sodium was 877 mg which is 623 mg under my goal of 1500 mg. I will need to work on getting more sodium in my diet. (Never thought I would be saying that).

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 09-20-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #50  

Hiya my Peeps!

Oh good, Larry. I was worried you were going to do a 1000 calories because of the temporary water gain from the IVs. My dad does the very low sodium diet because he gets terribly dizzy when he has even a full teaspoon a day!! (2200 mg for reference). Sounds like you are as regimented as he is. Keep healing!!!

Sharon, yeah, I gained and lost and gained again a bunch before surgery. I was the poster child for yo-yo dieting LOL. I am hoping those huge gains and losses are things of the past. This plateau has been up and down of 5 lbs!! A miracle. Not the usual 40 lbs LOL.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity
Old 09-27-2011, 12:51 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Hope everyone is ok out there??? I am just working and crafting. Hows everyone else?
Old 09-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #52  

Hello my Peeps and Cyn!

I'm here. Just got home yesterday from my auntie's funeral. She got a 21 gun salute and the marines were amazing, and as always, professional. It was really emotional and of course, I cried during the live playing of Taps. I could see my aunt standing there at attention. She was one proud marine. Her crypt (she was cremated) overlooks the flag on the hill and the pavilion where services are held. She's got a great view of all the important happenings at the National Cemetery.

My older sis (who isn't speaking to me), didn't verify the time of the funeral and got there 15 min too late and missed everything. She's so busy "not speaking" to anyone, she missed the funeral. Somehow, it's going to be my fault or Mom's fault. I allowed myself to feel angry and sad for her. I didn't binge over this, but I must confess that my feelings are all over the place.

I have been mostly POP and only have eaten a couple of things off plan. Trying to figure out my feelings before a binge has been working for the most part.

On top of all of this, my dog is marking stuff in the basement, my kitty has a cold and then *I* got a cold! UGH! I would like some time off please!!!

Please forgive me for being so down in this post. I will make a list of things I am grateful for and read our fabulous uplifting positive thread!! That always cheers me up (thanks Ags!).

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 09-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #53  
Aiming to be a fitmom!

S/C/G: 371.4/ticker/150

I avoided the scale most of last week because after getting married i went off course for almost a week, i felt like crap, bloated, tired and depressed at thinking i had gained back the 14 lbs i worked hard to lose. I weighed in today, and i am the same as before so i am happy with that!

Now to take what i've learned from this and apply it next time i think it's okay to eat and drink whatever i like to celebrate an event! It's so not worth the stress i put myself through!

September is almost done, feels like it just began yesterday, i am hoping to lose at least 15 lbs by Christmas, 20 would be great! More than anything, i just want to remain focused and not give up.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:51 AM   #54  

FMom, you got married? Hope you had a wonderful day, did you get a honeymoon? I'm sure once you are back into a routine again it will be just a little blip.xxxxx
Ratkitty so sorry about your Aunt and your stupid sister. Do you think your dog is picking up on your emotional state and 'marking' to sympathise? I hope you feel better soon, and don't worry about having a moan, it's certainly unusual for you and you have valid reasons for it! I moan all the time, lol! xxxx
Weigh-in tomorrow..I feel fed up, I've been busy all week, only on 1350 cals and the scale isn't budging! I'm getting so stressed, why do people who gorge day long on fatty, rubbish foods start a diet and lose LOADS, yet me who only has an odd, day-long, pig out and eating healthy, staying active lose SO slowly, or not at all???? I spoke to a woman in the clinic when I went for a fill 3 weeks ago, she lost over 40lbs in 3 months, losing another 60-odd in the next 6 months! I felt like a liar or cheat coz I've only lost about 16lbs in 3 months. Anyway I must get on and replant my standard rose bush in the barrel my hubby bought me, most women want bunches of roses, I like compost and pots, lol! He also bought me an orchid! I almost died of SHOCK!
xxx sharon
Old 10-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Happy October 1st!! Can you believe it! when i was a kid life did NOT go by this fast LOL.

Fmom: congrats on getting married! dont get down on the gain...we all do it

Rat:UGH family! hugs coming your way!

voodoo:nice flowers! I cant grow anything here LOL..i dont know if its too hot or its just not my thing LOL.
Closed Thread