Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Larry WELCOME!! I hope the op goes well and you heal quickly.xxxxx
I had my second fill today, it HURT! Though I feel some restriction so I'm hoping my hunger will be gone or at least abated.
I've been stripping wallpaper in out living room, we've bought a new fireplace too (we need a new carpet as well) and it is SO tiring! I'm off to curves tomorrow as I've been too busy to go this week, there's just SO much I need to do!

Anyway it's 8.12 pm here so I'd better get my boys ready for bed,
xxxxx sharon
Old 09-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

voodoo- stripping wall paper does NOT sound like fun!

AS FOR ME: just enjoying my 2 weeks off from work at home. I have been crafting like a mad woman LOL. We got some good rain last night..sure needed it.

hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone!!! I agree ... wall paper ... BOO!! I have been doing a lot of cleaning myself. Reorganizing (hate), but I like everything to be where it belongs.
On a positive my daughter is doing ExCeLlEnT in ScHoOl ... she makes me proud.
Hope everyone has a great day and stays POP!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #34  

Cyn & SoDet I LOVE stripping paper, it's the picking it up & tidying I hate! lol Great your girl is doing well! Cyn enjoy the crafting! Have you any pics of your grand daughter?
xxxx sharon
Old 09-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #35  
awesomeness.

S/C/G: 350-ish/ticker/199

Height: 5'5"

Hey! I'm Sam, and someone pointed me this way in the introductions. Now, I've spent the afternoon reading your inspiring stories, and cannot wait to get up there with my goals like you all did. I'm so proud of each and everyone of you! I'm new to the forums, and everything about them, so I might need a little coaching on that aspect. I'm trying to get my mom to come over to 3FC, since she's my partner-in-crime with our weight loss goals. Anyways, have a good afternoon, y'all!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #36  
Aiming to be a fitmom!

S/C/G: 371.4/ticker/150

Welcome Sam! Hope your mom comes on over too, 3FC is a very supportive place. I'm pretty new here myself. We are almost at the same weight.

Just popping in here because the next few days are going to be crazy, i'm getting married tomorrow and i just KNOW that we are going to celebrate with wine, food and relaxation. I've told myself it's okay to let loose the next few days but i need to reign it in by Sunday. Let's hope i can be sensible and still enjoy things without gaining back any weight!! Wish me luck guys!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Sam This is a great group!! They have given me a lot of support and I am sure you will soon feel the same as I do about this thread.

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 09-14-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #38  

VooDoo..I posted a Pic of Ayva and my son Damian in the picture thread. For those that dont know..my son had a baby with his now EX..It has been Horrible. for him..fighting her through courts to see his child. Ayva is 17 months old..and finally I swear only by the grace of God...I got to meet Ayva 2 weeks ago. She is so adorable. I hope this is the begining of us seeing her more often. If you pray..all prayers help. She looks alot like my son when he was younger. Blonde hair and all.

On another note..I have Gastroparesis. Its not fun at all. I got diagnosed with it last August. I have come to terms with it. I deal with having it.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Last edited by azcyn; 09-15-2011 at 12:37 AM. Reason: cant cuss lol
Old 09-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #39  

S/C/G: see ticker

Hi Y'all!!!

Cyn - I am so glad you got to meet your granddaughter!!! I swear it P****s me off to no end when adults/mothers/fathers use their children as pawns to make someone suffer!!!! Ugh!!! Does she not realize that she is hurting her child, and that child will eventually demand answers of her!!! I will pray for you and your family!!!

Sam - Hi and welcome!!! Glad to have another new face!!! 3FC is a wonderful, supportive group of people and I know that you will just love it here. As for me it gives me accountability and motivation which are two things I really need!!! Good luck on your journey!!!

Sharon - Well ... its good that you enjoy it!!! LOL!!! I am not really good at things like that I guess. I can cook (which I do enjoy), clean (don't really enjoy that), and work ... any home improvement is assigned to my hubby!!! My mom says that I would never make it on my own. I just do not have any intrest in even trying to do that kind of stuff ... so kUdOs to you!!!

Anywho ... hope everyone has a POP day!!! to all!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #40  

Well, my wife was right, things do happen in groups of three.

I spent 2 1/2 days in two hospitals this week. On Sunday 9/11/2011 while walking a flea market is Pinellas Park, Florida I started having the same symptoms that I had in April prior to my bypass surgery. I had sudden pain in my left rib cage, my left shoulder, my left forearm and I was perspiring. This was accompanied by slight nausea. I went to the closest hospital which was St. Petersburg General for evaluation. Testing revealed an abnormal EKG which was significantly different than the post bypass EKG. The Cardiologist said that I was not having a heart attack but in his words “this is the real deal”. He said that I needed Catherization of the Heart to evaluate what was causing my symptoms and abnormal EKG. He said that this hospital did not have facilities for that so he arranged transport to North Side Hospital about three miles away which was a Florida Heart Institute Hospital. Where I had an angiogram on Monday 9/12/2011. This showed that the bypass that used the radial artery from my left arm had narrowed significantly about 40% but I was not a candidate for either surgery or a stent. He said that this can be treated with medicine.

During this two and one half day hospital stay my blood pressure was usually 90 to 95 over 50 to 52. One reading was 76 over 42 and I was given a saline drip to raise my BP. I gained ten pounds in the hospital I believe because of the sodium in the saline drip. I had a plain turkey sandwich and nothing else on Sunday. I had a TV dinner and nothing else on Monday yet I gained ten pounds. By the time I was discharged on Tuesday. On Wednesday I gained another five pounds. I know this is only water weight but I hate to have it.

Larry,
Old 09-16-2011, 04:15 AM   #41  

Larry you're STILL HERE!!! Please don't obsess over weight when your health is in the balance! You can lose this fast but you must put your heart first! xxxxx
Cyn she is GORGEOUS!!! Will she be allowed to visit or stay with you? It seems weird you being a granny, lol! I think you're younger than me!xxxx
SoDet I HATE cleaning!!! lol but as I don't work (wish I could but two young sons with special needs is VERY hard work in itself, even though they go to regular school) I get to do everything except really heavy stuff. I love winter coz I get to chop wood for our fire, as long as my back holds out, it burns TONS of calories off too!!! xxxx
Ratkitty, are you there? Hope you are well, your cat, bird & pups too.xxxx
I lost 2lbs this week, I'm a little sad but a loss is a loss! I expected more as I'm only having tiny portions since my 'fill' AND I'm exercising/being VERY active. I'm still up on my ticker weight..sigh..
xxxx sharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 09-16-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:41 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 294/286/200

Hello Everyone -- I'm just checking in this week. It's a crazy life for me as I'm sure it is for all of you. However, I have kept up with my water walking every day. I have not done a good job drinking my water every day. I'll have to work on that. I think I need to buy a new glass....my straw makes noise when I drink it at work and I HATE that everyone can hear me drink. Ugh. I have done a better job eating except for twice this week but I am not going to hold on to that guilt My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing if there's been a change. My pants seem looser but then I tell myself it's all in my head. Oy vey. Tomorrow will be the truth teller! Hope you all have a FANTASTIC day!!
Old 09-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #43  

Larry: Goodness!! Sounds like you have been through the ringer! Prayers coming your way.

Voodoo: Yes I am only 38. I was a young mom,,hence young grandma I suppose LOL. It is supervised visits for a year. That is him, Ayva and his Ex. After a year that gives him time to establish a relationship with Ayva he will go back to court. With her being so young, I think he is going to ask for every saturday unsupervised visits. From 9am til 6pm. MAybe once she is a little older he will ask for over night visits. The judge should give this to him since there has been no problems. His birthday is in November and she gets to come to our house for 3 hours. Then my whole family will get to meet her I am so excited. Right now they meet for 3 hours every saturday at a mall. Kinda sucks but they both agreed on that place. WHOOHOOO about the weight loss.

Smitten: I have a tough time with water too. Mine is cause it makes me nautious but I try and get some in ever day.

Last edited by azcyn; 09-17-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #44  

I ate vegetarian today and tried to limit my sodium. Yesterday I changed my daily sodium goal to 1500 mg. I have huge, quick weight changes with sodium. For instance I was hospitalized for 2 1/2 days this week due to chest pain.
The Saline drip cause a 15 pound gain and for the last two days I have lost 5 lbs each day of that water weight. My personal record is gaining 25 lbs in 2 days.

The results are in for today.

Only 293 mg sodium today and 918 calories.

This is after eating huge amounts of vegetables today, I over did my portions some what.

Larry,
Old 09-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #45  

Hello my Peeps,

This was a tough weekend #2 for the month. My aunt (dad's big sis) died on Sept 1st. We had a get-together for the residents at the retirement community place where my aunt resided for 18 years. Many people attended and we celebrated many great memories of her. I made a memory board with pictures from her life (baby through young adult) then the center was all her marine life (1952-1980 ret Sgt-Major) and the right side of the board was her life at her retirement home and pictures of her doing all her volunteer work.

I loved talking to her friends and neighbors. The hardest part was my drunk sister showing up and continuing to drink. At the end, her current boyfriend said something that hit me very wrong and when we all went to the restaurant to eat, I couldn't go in because I was so angry.

The good news is that I didn't eat over it. I allowed myself to be angry, but bowed out of the dinner because I was so upset and couldn't get it together. I think Mom and Dad understood. I'm ok about it all now. The big thing was that I told myself it was ok to be angry. This is an interesting concept for me as I normally would rather I wasn't mad at anyone.

Next weekend is tough weekend #3 and my aunt will be interred with full military honors at a local National cemetery. Another 6.5 hr drive and emotional wringer.

Hugs to all!
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 09-18-2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: I can't spell to save my life!
Closed Thread