Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #136  

Height: 5'7"

Hoping to get into the dr today about my leg. I had a knot come up below my knee on the 3rd of july. Went to the dr last week and was put on antibotics. She isnt sure why I have the knot but infection is there. Its gone down alot but still red and hot. She said she may have to lance it and change my antibotic. Guess I will see what her plan is today.
I am excited, my knee is enough better that I can climb in a chair and do some cleaning in my upper cabinets and clean my microwave. I have a 4 day weekend and I will be cleaning more on the house and hoping to do some sewing.
Im with you heather praying my plants survive this heat!I will be exercising inside today.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #137  

Good morning everyone!

Deb take it easy on that leg until you know what you are dealing with OK? climbing around to clean is probably not the thing to do right now. Just be careful.

I am off to do some ironing. I want to get it done before it gets too hot, as if it isn't already.

I hope you are all doing well. Ruth
Old 07-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Debbie, you're excited because you can clean! I'm so glad it's feeling better, but sounds like there's still some stuff going on!

Let's talk about scales and stalls and weight loss. We often say around here that weight loss isn't linear -- meaning you can continue to engage in the same behaviors, but won't see consistent losses on the scale. Why not? All kinds of reasons, but one of the biggest is that we are made mostly of water. There's water IN those muscles and fat cells, too. So much of the scale fluctuations are water. Maybe one day we're retaining it because we worked out, or ate a lot of sodium. Maybe another day we release more water and see a loss. Also, we not only lose fat cells as we lose, but lean muscle mass too...

As for the fat loss, I don't completely understand it, but it also isn't an instantaneous process. So it's not like you have a calorie deficit and immediately lose that fat.

So here's poor us getting on the scale every day or week and wanting to see a fat loss. Stupid scale measures all of us, and we use it as a proxy for fat loss. But we (me too) let the number on that scale drive our mood. If it's up or down we assume it's fat and measure our success accordingly.

Thus, I think we need to try to measure our progress in lots of ways (how our clothes fit, our abilities, our measurements) and use the scale as a single, flawed too.

In other words, try not to sweat a plateau!!!

Sorry if that's all stuff everyone knew. I find that even though I know it, I need a reminder...
Old 07-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #139  

The dr doesnt want to see me till Im finished with the antibotics. So I guess if its not better after Im done with them then maybe she will try a different one.
Heather- my poor microwave hadnt been cleaned in a month, not since I hurt my knee. LOL it was gross

got lots of healthy food in the house for the weekend.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #140  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

I hate mystery infections! Hope that gets better soon, Debbie.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #141  

Just heard something about a little cool down next week. I so want to get outside again. I miss being outside.
School will be starting soon and I will have a newborn and an 18 month old. I will so miss my boys(age5) I got them as newborns and now will be sending them off to school.
I hope my new crew likes to go on long walks when the weather allows.

Might be meeting dd in an town in the middle tonight to get some stuff we ordered. Im super excited to get the stuff but dread the fact that hubby will want to eat out.Im going to try to stear him in a safe direction for me. Should be able to eat light during the day to make it work.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 AM   #142  

Rain in the forecast today... I just hope it's not severe enough to hurt my veggies! They're getting to the size where wind and rain is a problem. Not to mention the rain seems to bring on the fungus...

Anyway, things are going well here... just chuggin along, trying to keep cool.

Oh, and I'm learning how to can and pickle my harvest!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:01 PM   #143  
Vortex

Just flying by.

Debbie: Hope that dinner out goes okay.

Heather: Mmmm, pickles!

More later, all. Have a great Friday!

Angela
Old 07-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Heather - hope you got the rain yesterday.

Heard our heat wave may take a one day break on Monday and it will only be 92 then back to triple digits again - we've been 10 days straight over 100 - time for a break.

My house needs cleaned and more importantly organized - when my house is clean/organized life is so much easier.

Stay strong!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:49 AM   #145  

Eating out was fine.I had plenty of calories left for a meal. I made sure I ate light early in the day.

I got to see all 3 of my grandbabies at one time. It was a bit overwhelming at times. I didnt get to play with them like I like but it was nice to them together.

We have 50th Anv.Party to go to today. I will just avoid the food. I will have already had lunch so it shouldnt be a problem. We are planning on just making an appearance and heading home.

We are in the upper 90s most days but so super humid. We havnt had rain in a few weeks. I think we have a small chance for the next few days.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:31 AM   #146  

Oh, we got rain... we got some yesterday morning... and then overnight tonight... TONS. I think about 3 inches!!!!! Amazingly, right now my veggies look fine after a blinding t'storm!

Keep strong everyone!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #147  
Committed to this

S/C/G: 285/268/135

The heat is a little bit better here because it rained yesterday.

I find it hard to eat in the heat and I end up using my WW points in weird ways. Grazing can add up quickly. I have stayed on plan though, but have eaten my daily food allowance in little snacks instead of meals.

One of the things I really like about having taken off a decent chunk of weight is that I am more flexible now. I really can do yoga and hold the poses and that is giving me more energy.

I often feel like I am not losing quickly enough and I want to be in a place of acceptance with my body as I go through this journey.

It is my underlying perfectionism that has always been my worst enemy in dieting.

Stay cool everyone!

Last edited by authentic; 07-23-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #148  
Vortex

Debbie: Glad you got to enjoy those grandkids!

Laura: Do you do a yoga class? Or where did you learn? I have a highly, highly modified yoga DVD that I'm liking, but as I lose I'd like to get a little more real about it.

Heather: Yikes about the rain! In another thread you mentioned a green bean and chickpea salad, which sounds yummy--do you have a recipe you can share?

Carol: Have fun cleaning. That's what I need to do this weekend, too.

Have a great Saturday all.

Angela
Old 07-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #149  

Smile

Hello everyone, How is the weekend going?

I have been a little non-verbal the last day or so. I think the hot weather has drug me down. Not feeling as well as I would like to. I would love to go and find a swimming pool about now, but I won't be putting on a bathing suit, Yikes what a thought! LOL!

Get out there and enjoy life while you can, it only happens once. Ruth
Old 07-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #150  

Angela --

A recipe... hmmmm... well, let's try it here.

Take however many green beans you want (maybe 1/2 pound -1 lb) and blanch them in hot water for about 3 min and then shock them in an ice bath. When they're cold, take them out of the ice. They're done. It's a cold salad.

Open a can of chick peas, rinse and drain. Put in a bowl.

To the bowl add the beans, however much feta cheese you want, any herbs you like (oregano? basil?). I usuallyl press a garlic clove in there.

And last is a dressing. I usually make a lemon vinaigrette with lemon juice and olive oil -- though I always use a lot less oil than called for. Salt and pepper to taste!

That's it! Obviously it can be tweaked a lot.
Closed Thread