Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #61  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Not a bad day today, though I didn't really get much work done. DH had a couple of bananas he let get too ripe, so I experimented with healthy banana muffins. I know some people don't use artificial sweeteners, but if you do, check out the recipe on the recipe thread. I made em with olive oil, flaxseed meal, Splenda, and made them as mini muffins, and they came in at 59 calories each. Course now I have way too many, so I'll have to give a bunch away to friends, and a few at the office...

Ruth, Debbie, and anyone else who's interested--Although I do write creative things sometimes, for work my writing is articles for other English profs. I have a whole bunch of articles--5 at least--that are halfway started but not finished, all projects I began while my mom was ill and never finished. So there's lots of research to do before I can finish them, but some are closer to being done than others.

Walrus--I hope once the trip gets started you can stop worrying about it and that it will be pure fun.

Laura--Whatcha reading?

Carol--Good to hear DH is doing well! "Walk" was inside today

Debbie, Fatgyrl, Heather, anyone I missed: HI!

Angela
Old 07-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I had a very relaxing day... got some things done around the house, but a needed quiet day...
Old 07-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #63  
Committed to this

S/C/G: 285/268/135

Hi all,

Great lazy summer day. (except for the Trader Joes Mosh pit ) I stayed on plan today and even got in a bit of exercise, although I didn't push myself as much as I usually do.

Heather, I used to be in Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science. I ended up in the computer software industry when I left academia. I am not a programmer, but I manage large web projects. The transition was surprisingly easy. I did it about 13 years ago or so during the web boom and never really looked back. Sometimes I don't like the politics and hidden agendas of the business world, but then academia always had that too, so as far as I am concerned it is about the same.

Angela - I am reading a book called "Ten Thousand Saints" by Eleanor Henderson. It is about growing up in nyc in the eighties. It recieved good reviews in the New York Times. I love my Kindle because I can read a couple of books simultaneously and carry it in my purse. And there is something very comforting about carrying a couple hundred books with you at all times.

Hi to fatgyrl, Carol, and Walrus!

Deb, cake from the center will not have as much icing and that is where a lot of the calories are. That piece of cake can fit into your plan for the day. Having a treat sometimes is important.

Night all, talk to you all tomorrow.

Laura

Last edited by authentic; 07-09-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:58 PM   #64  
wants to walk away 200lbs

S/C/G: 350 -last time I found a scale

Height: 5'7"

The rain stopped and I took the dogs out for a 55 min walk... At 8pm. I will say I was as tired or less tired when I returned than I was before we left. I practically had to drag my butt out the door as I had zero motivation. I think I was only motivated after the half way point as I wanted to get home.... lol

It has been a stressful day online. My BFF is on the road with her trucker hubby and her 21 year old son is ripping apart her 17 year old son for having a good visit with dad. She always sides with the older boy and it really has to stop. I have known them 16 years and love her kids like my own but right is right and wrong is wrong. ...and as usual she only has part of the story and has passed judgement once again. Ultimately she knows I am right or she can`t effectively defend her position or she would have called and yelled at me. I will loose sleep over this but I am sure she will sleep just fine. This is the 17yo first extended (more than a few days) visit with dad and the divorce was 6 yrs ago! Last summer we had him, as everyone in the house needed a long break and his dad couldn`t (wouldn`t) take him.

It has been cold and damp all day and we had the wood stove burning and a window open for balance, lol. I think the fire just went out so I had better close the window as I don`t want to build another one, lol... now the dogs need the crusties around their eyes trimmed.... it is 1am I swear if it is not one thing it is 15 others!

7hrs met Fri
Old 07-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #65  
No More Excuses!

Hi, Everyone!
It's been a few years since I last was here. I had started at 347.5 pounds but did make it down to under 300 (294.5). I was feeling so good about that acomplishment, - that I began "rewarding" myself again with food. I did gain about 30 pounds back. Last month the doctor told me it appears I am mildly diabetic. I was in shock, - as I don't have ANY symptoms of diabetes at all. Well, I'm now determined to try to avoid having to take medication for this, and am doing my best to try and control it with diet & excercise. The doctor feels that since my numbers are not too high, that I might be able to do this. Anyway, maybe this was the kick in the butt I needed to get me back on track! I have started really watching my carbs now, as well as calories. So far, I've lost about 20 pounds. I'm now at 307.5 and hope to soon be out of the 300's again, - and this time I will definately not "reward" myself with food like last time! Anyway, I would like to re-join you all again as we take this journey together.

Sparkles1
Old 07-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Welcome back, Sparkles!!! I'm on a kick to re-lose myself, so you're in good company!

Laura -- I can see how that might have been either an easy or a hard transition... very different kind of work. My husband is an IT project manager, so I hear about some of the behind the scenes stuff.

fatgyrl -- Less tired when you get back is awesome!!!

I have a quiet day on tap. I hope to cook up some squash blossoms for the first time!! AND get to the gym!!!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #67  
wants to walk away 200lbs

S/C/G: 350 -last time I found a scale

Hey Sparkles
I am here for the same reason minus the doctor. I can feel my sugar is a mess (I have known I amseverallyy hypoglycemic for a while and grazed to control it) but on our road trip to NS, Canada I had 2 really bad reactions tosugaryy treats. A month later I got a really bad leg infection and it got me to thinking "if my sugar is high it wont heal"

so I cut out most all the processed foods and when it was almost healed I started walking, first to the end of the driveway (as I was still very weak) and it has kind of taken off from there.... and here I am today. I stumbled across this forum looking for an exercise tracker. WELCOME!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #68  

heather- let me know how you do the squash blossoms. I did some a few yrs ago with a little cheese in the middle. YUM

sparkles- welcome back, I think alot of us have regained part of what we lost and are working to get it back off. I can truly say this is the only time I havent regained everything I have lost. I would have gained it all back plus some without this site to keep me inline.

gryl- I almost always find that is the case with me and exercise. I also find if I exercise late in the evenings I have trouble falling asleep.

Today will be a quite day here, cleaning and church and more cleaning. Im way behind on cleaning and my poor yard is in need of help but its HOT outside. I may try and get out early tomorrow before I get kids.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #69  

Hi everyone, I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday. Ruth
Old 07-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

What a nice day we had. DH is feeling back to himself so he mowed while I did a few chores then we just laid in the pool for a couple of hours - actually was too hot to stay much longer. He even watered for me since I'm cooking two dinners for awhile - lots of veggies for me in chicken fajitas.

I am still sore from the workout Wednesday night - didn't realize how much I'd lazed around during the break. Glad to be back at it. Friday night will find me with plenty of exercise as I am doing the Relay for Life and I have committed to 6 of the 12 hours.

Stay strong!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #71  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Quiet day here, too.

Laura--Let me know what you think of Ten Thousand Saints when you're done. I have a lot of memoir-writing friends Have you read Patti Smith's Just Kids?

Sparkles--Welcome back!

Carol--That's a lot of hours--do you do them in shifts?

Debbie--I've got a lot of cleaning to catch up on too...hope yours went well.

Hi to everyone else! Have a great OP Monday.

Angela
Old 07-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #72  
No More Excuses!

Hi, Everyone! Thanks for the welcome back, - it's really good to be back here. It's nice to come back to a place where there is no condemnation for gaining some weight back.........

Heather - good to see you are still here!

Fatgyrl - Thanks for sharing your experience with high blood sugar. You were very wise to recognize the problem and I really admire how you took it in hand and began dealing with it. That leg infection you had looks like it was very painful! How are you doing now? I'm starting to take more walks now, - good for me, - and the dogs love it too! How far do you walk?

dgramie - You are so right about this site helping to keep one in line, - if I had only stuck with this site, I probably would not have gained this weight back!!

Today was a busy day. I spent all morning preparing foods for the evening dinner. We had some friends over for a pool party/BBQ in the late afternoon, into the evening. It was sweltering hot here today, so the water felt really good! Unfortunately, now there are some severe thunderstorms kicking off. It looks like we may be in for a wild night tonight!

Good night, everyone. I hope you all have a good night's sleep and feel rested and ready to begin the new week tomorrow!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #73  
Committed to this

S/C/G: 285/268/135

Good morning all. I am writing this on my iPad as I drink my morning coffee and get ready for work. So excuse any typos! I struggled this weekend with fighting the urge to emotionally eat. My ex contacted me out of the blue and it brought up a bunch of negative emotions. I really really wanted to numb myself with food, but I stayed pretty much on plan. I ended up eating some extra raspberries and a weight watchers cheese stick. Since the rasberries are no points and the cheese stick is 1 point and I had activity points to use, the whole experience was pretty tame as far as binges go. But it felt bad to emotionally eat even if it was healthy food.

Anyway I will write more later. Just wanted some support.

Laura

Last edited by authentic; 07-11-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:02 AM   #74  

I had a great day yesterday. Went to church and then came home and hit the housework hard. I was even able to spend an hour in the yard. Talk about working up a good sweat.
I have a few more things to get done today before the kidos arrive. My days are not productive once they get here. I cant wait to be able to play in the floor with them again. wish it wasnt so stinking hot and we could go to the playground.
Food was great this weekend.Im so proud for not letting that cake throw me off.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #75  

luara- way to go on staying strong. You did great! plus you balanced the berries with a protien. I have decided eating doesnt really numb us like we think but just hurts us that much more. We get down on ourself for the binge. Stay strong!!
Closed Thread