Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Happy Sunday everyone!

I woke up at 6 a.m. yesterday and today... I think I'm getting good rest and breathing much better finally. Still having those breathless moments once in a while and sadly it isn't because I see my sweetie's face or even think about him. It just happens. lol.

SeeImTrying: Hi! I honestly am a cup half full person but I am soooo OCD that I really have trouble seeing it as only 30ish more to go. lol. I never look at the almost 300 I have lost and pat myself on the back. I always think I could have, should have done better. Silly head of mine. Thanks for pointing it out to me that having a Doc say that is great. I'm having 3 docs say that I only need to lose that much more! They are really happy with where I'm at but I'm soooooo not. Mostly because I was at one time only 1 pound away from losing that 300 pound mark and also because I want back into the size 14 jeans I have in my closet and size Med. Tops! Woo hoo to you on the walking. I think that is awesome. You have a goal and you are working towards it! Way to go and Nice to meet you

Rat: I am laughing at the cleaning stuff you are describing. I swear If I don't vacuum my house today a tumble weed may roll past made of dog hair and dust! You really worked your bootie off! Thanks for giving me the medical terms I should have written down myself. Ya, landing on my butt means Moosie kisses and Molly nibbles and barking to make me right again. lol. They are so silly but I love em. Hugs and hope you are resting after such an amazing work day.

Lynn: Hi hon

Lovely: Thanks for the cheers about me finding a good Doc! I am already feeling better. I baked for Joel yesterday. I mean BAKED! I made 2 batches of 3 different kind of breads (treat type) for our freezer so he can just grab one out when he wants it. I made him a carrott cake too. I managed to do all that without feeling breathless so, I know I'm better.

Well, I really wish I could be in CA right now. When I was a little girl all the way growing up I spent every single memorial day with my Grandma putting flowers on my Grandpa's grave and my great Grandma's graves. I left CA right after my Grandma died at 102 years old. I have not been back ever and it makes me sad to know that she doesn't have flowers on her grave. I know it is silly but it was such a tradition for us for so many years. I am planning on putting some beautiful roses on thier markers when I get to go to CA and that area where I grew up.

I hope you all have a blessed Memorial Day as we remember all of those that have gone on before us and those that have gone to battle for our freedom!

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 05-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #107  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpal View Post
Happy Sunday everyone!

I woke up at 6 a.m. yesterday and today... I think I'm getting good rest and breathing much better finally. Still having those breathless moments once in a while and sadly it isn't because I see my sweetie's face or even think about him. It just happens. lol.

SeeImTrying: Hi! I honestly am a cup half full person but I am soooo OCD that I really have trouble seeing it as only 30ish more to go. lol. I never look at the almost 300 I have lost and pat myself on the back. I always think I could have, should have done better. Silly head of mine. Thanks for pointing it out to me that having a Doc say that is great. I'm having 3 docs say that I only need to lose that much more! They are really happy with where I'm at but I'm soooooo not. Mostly because I was at one time only 1 pound away from losing that 300 pound mark and also because I want back into the size 14 jeans I have in my closet and size Med. Tops! Woo hoo to you on the walking. I think that is awesome. You have a goal and you are working towards it! Way to go and Nice to meet you

Rat: I am laughing at the cleaning stuff you are describing. I swear If I don't vacuum my house today a tumble weed may roll past made of dog hair and dust! You really worked your bootie off! Thanks for giving me the medical terms I should have written down myself. Ya, landing on my butt means Moosie kisses and Molly nibbles and barking to make me right again. lol. They are so silly but I love em. Hugs and hope you are resting after such an amazing work day.

Lynn: Hi hon

Lovely: Thanks for the cheers about me finding a good Doc! I am already feeling better. I baked for Joel yesterday. I mean BAKED! I made 2 batches of 3 different kind of breads (treat type) for our freezer so he can just grab one out when he wants it. I made him a carrott cake too. I managed to do all that without feeling breathless so, I know I'm better.

Well, I really wish I could be in CA right now. When I was a little girl all the way growing up I spent every single memorial day with my Grandma putting flowers on my Grandpa's grave and my great Grandma's graves. I left CA right after my Grandma died at 102 years old. I have not been back ever and it makes me sad to know that she doesn't have flowers on her grave. I know it is silly but it was such a tradition for us for so many years. I am planning on putting some beautiful roses on thier markers when I get to go to CA and that area where I grew up.

I hope you all have a blessed Memorial Day as we remember all of those that have gone on before us and those that have gone to battle for our freedom!

Blessings all,
Annie
Hi annie!!! Hope you have a blessed Memorial day as well.

Lynn
Old 05-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #108  

Hello my Peeps!

I have no energy, but am pushing on despite it all. This morning I cut down the roses that were trying to take over my neighbor's driveway, pulled and poisoned lots of weeds and did a weed and feed. Probably just killed all my green stuff in my front lawn. LOL. I washed the camper from the mudding I did last weekend while camping. I also washed my ground tarp with an old broom and dish washing soap, but it seems the mud has stained it. Alas. Other than that, I haven't done much. I have a ton of laundry to work on as well.

I might find some energy to vacuum up the camper.

Hugs,,
Ratkity
Old 05-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #109  
Made of Starstuff

SeeImTryin - That's fantastic, truly! It's warm here, too. Glad to see the sun out after so much rain. I think 3/4 of a mile after being sedentary is super great.

Annie - Ack! You had to say carrot cake! My favorite kind of cake in the world. Oh wait. I think cheesecake counts, too! It sounds lovely to put flowers on your grandparent's markers. <3

Ratkity - *tries to virtually send energy* I hope it gets to you! (I know what you mean about laundry! )

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I finally made 20 days so I got my new signature stuff =) Fiddling around with it to make it all purdy.

Starting that 98 Days no Excuses Challenge and it's Day 98(counting backwards).

Here's to everyone!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:49 PM   #110  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely View Post
SeeImTryin - That's fantastic, truly! It's warm here, too. Glad to see the sun out after so much rain. I think 3/4 of a mile after being sedentary is super great.

Annie - Ack! You had to say carrot cake! My favorite kind of cake in the world. Oh wait. I think cheesecake counts, too! It sounds lovely to put flowers on your grandparent's markers. <3

Ratkity - *tries to virtually send energy* I hope it gets to you! (I know what you mean about laundry! )

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I finally made 20 days so I got my new signature stuff =) Fiddling around with it to make it all purdy.

Starting that 98 Days no Excuses Challenge and it's Day 98(counting backwards).

Here's to everyone!

Good luck with your challenge hunny!!!

Lynn
Old 05-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #111  

Hello all,

I am so excited! The sun is out, I am breathing much better, we just went for a 1/2 hour stroll with our dogs at a beautiful park (posting photos) to look at the river. Dogs are bathed, Joel is home. Gosh, I feel all bubbley

Rat: You rest sweet friend! Sounds like you are really busy. I wish we lived closer I would have Joel do a bbq for us

Lovely: oops sorry to say the "C" word. I really was trying so hard to be vague about the items I made. lol. I have a recipe somewhere for a sugarfree one that is pretty good. I have made them into cupcakes and then freeze them so I can enjoy a sf cupcake now and again. I love your 99 days op thing on your tracker!!! Hmmm I may have to swipe your idea

Hope everyone is out enjoying their day!

Blessings all,
Annie

My DH: Joel and our doggies Moose (yellow labradoodle) and Molly (Bovier de Flanders) over looking the spill way off the river in our town. Other photo, me with mushroom bangs. lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03890.jpg (50.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03891.jpg (42.9 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by dogpal; 05-30-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: photos
Old 05-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #112  
Debbie

S/C/G: 317/see ticker/185

Height: 5 10

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Lovely: congratulations on your new siggy. Good luck on your 98 day challenge.

Today was hubby's birthday. I made lasagna and his mom brought his favorite pies. (He prefers that to cake) the works for me because I'm the opposite. Cake in the house would have been very dangerous. I had my Smart Ones lasagna while everyone else ate homemade and I was just fine with it.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #113  

Happy Hot Memorial Day all!

I can't believe we went from 60s to 90s in a week!! It's miserable out there. I had to turn on the AC unit in the main room. It's barely keeping it at 83F. The doggies are either in the main room or basement sleeping.

Annie, what a beeeeautiful fambily!! You take such a gorgeous picture, btw. You look happy in it too!

Hugs to all!

Luv,
Ratkity

Last edited by Ratkitten; 05-30-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:38 PM   #114  

Ratty - we've created a word - GLAMPING - think it might catch on!!!
Annie - what an excellent result from your new doctor - you are doing such a marvelous job of staying postive! Stay strong.
Lynnie - walk away our pounds! That's the way to go, says she sitting at her desk - *sigh* - got to do more than talk about it though...
See - Got to start somewhere- I can walk about a kilometre easily after that it gets a bit tough...
Old 05-30-2011, 11:15 PM   #115  
Made of Starstuff

Lynn -

Annie - Those photos are great! Such nice weather and you all look so happy Don't worry about the c-word I have a birthday coming up next month so I like to put thought towards what kind of treat I want waaaayyy ahead of time. Cake might be it!

SeeImTryin - Happy Birthday to your husband! Love how you were able to have lasagna with the family while keeping it healthy!

Ratkity - Had my AC on during the day, too. *fans self* Hopefully we actually get to enjoy a -spring- instead of rushing straight into summer.

MrsTee -

Changed my challenge to 99 days. Somehow that seems better mentally to me. *shrug* It's the first day so TOMORROW will be 98 and I'm fine with that. Day 99 went perfectly fine as normal
Old 05-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #116  
Divine

MrsTee,
Don't worry I am not getting that many days of walking because the humidity is bad!!!

Lynn
Old 05-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #117  

Good Morning all,

I'm trying: Way to go on eating the on program food instead of the birthday food!

Rat: Thanks for the nice words. I'm sorry it is so hot so fast. I have a feeling we will skip right over Spring here as well. It is not hot here at all. In the 60's and low 70's if we ar lucky. STay cool.

MrsTee: I try to be positive for sure and it is so much easier with a Doc who is on your side

Lovely: thank you for your nice words also about my photos. My B-day is next month too. I may have some of the c word this year. It would be the first time since 2006 that I have had any of my own b-day c word. lol. If I go down to see my parents on this b-day weekend it is also Father's day and I would much rather have my favorite dessert if I'm gonna partake and that is peanut butter pie! I love, love it. It has been years since I have had any at all and I'm a bit gunshy of it. Hoping that if I get a chance to have a bit that I won't pig out and lose it. I am working so hard to get out of the 240's once and for all! Onward and downward. Don't know if a sliver of peanut butter pie will be worth the calories. Something for me to really think about especially if I'm blessed enough to be out of the 240's by then and how close I am to them and stuff. Lots to think about. Interesting that most people in the world don't pause to think of such things huh? lol.

Lynn: Hi there doll.

Well, I'm feeling really great today. I picked up dog poo, a daily chore I try to keep up on, I dug out about 10 dandilions and am doing laundry and I made up my mind to tackle the master bathroom and bedroom at least. I am going slow and trying to listen to my body for signs of too much too fast.

I hope you all have a wonderful op day.

Hugs and blessings,
Annie
Old 06-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #118  
Debbie

S/C/G: 317/see ticker/185

Height: 5 10

Hello everyone, hope all is well. I'm still on program and walking everyday. My husband explained to me that I'm actually walking a mile instead of 3/4. The first week I was walking 1/2 a mile the second week I added 1/4 mile further down the road. I thought that was 3/4, but when you walk out 1/4 mile and then walk that back it's more. duh, lol (I've always been a little challenged in math). So I guess I'm doing better then I thought. Saturday I'll add another 1/4 mile and I will then be walking a mile and a half.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #119  

It is June 1st and I believe that requires a new thread. I will attempt to start one
Follow us to Thread number 1287!

Last edited by dogpal; 06-01-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Closed Thread