Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Monthly Thread #1286

WELCOME!!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simultaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us!
Old 05-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #2  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Man I am full of energy today. I don't know whats got into me but I like it. I have exercised today, put a turkey in so we can slice it for lunches, pulled chicken out for dinner tonight, vaccumed, pulled several books out of box in the closet, and made coffee. The only thing I can think of is its my PMS week and nesting. Go figure!!!

Lynn
Old 05-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

@Lynnie- Don't second guess it ENJOY the blast of energy you deserve to feel GOOD
Old 05-02-2011, 05:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Lynnie after your horrid day feeling so vile it must be great to have so much energy, send some my way please!xxxx
TOM is finally almost gone, I feel so tired and run down but I forced myself to put up the new trampoline I bought for our boys. Steve (hubby) and I were busy making it most of the afternoon, it is 12' with a safety enclosure, it is so high up there's a ladder with it! Our poor dog is so sad coz he liked to go on the old one (8') coz the safety net was damaged; he can't get up the ladder or through the enclosure but I'm glad coz it cost way too much for a dog to play on it! And yes you read right, a dog on a trampoline! We call him Rolo the circus dog coz he loves jumping up and climbing stuff.
We had a double bank holiday in the UK, the Royal Wedding and May Day holiday Monday, sadly my poor hubby has to work but gets extra days off his holidays. I will be SO relieved when the boys are back at school on Tuesday, so I can get back into a routine.
xxxx sharon
Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

@Voodoo - I picture your dog doing all kinds of tricks. *chuckles* I'm sure your kids appreciate being able to jump on the new tramp.

Feeling ick today but trying to shake it off, tired i need to start going to sleep EARLY I just always end up getting distracted then have issues waking up in the morning. When I am tired I have zero self discipline and I snooze the heck out of alarm clocks. :-| I tried I set my alarm for 7 and i didn't get out of bed until 7:45 :/

Ah well today is going to be a busy one, work will be hectic, and then aerobics class and then VOTING.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #6  
Divine

Well its PMS week and I can feel it. All I feel like doing is stuffing my face and crying. I feel so bloated and me being the dummy that I can be when its this time of month got on the scale.. All I want to do is cry because it says I have gained another 5 lbs. I know this all can be attributed to my monthly but its still sucks. I exercise everyday and I am staying under 200 carbs a day. I just don't know what to do except through the scale out in the middle of the street and hope a big mac truck runs it over. Sorry for the complaining its just how I feel. I try to stay positive but I am having a hard time this week.

Lynn
Old 05-04-2011, 11:31 AM   #7  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Hang in there Lynnie! One way I like to think about it is that feeding myself has been the best way I know to give myself comfort when I don't feel well. However, it isn't a productive way to go about it, but the intent is one of self comfort. What else can you do to pamper yourself?

Also, it might be best to ask your husband to hide the scale until it has passed. Don't let it get you down!

Things have been going pretty well for me. I am experimenting with eating other fruit after the apple incident. Strawberries seem fine, but blueberries are borderline. Since Ratkitty mentioned iron potentially being a culprit for her, I started making sure to take my vitamins everyday and I did manage to get rid of a whole lot of the water weight I was holding onto. So things do seem to be moving in the right direction again, thankfully.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:35 AM   #8  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheCheat View Post
Hang in there Lynnie! One way I like to think about it is that feeding myself has been the best way I know to give myself comfort when I don't feel well. However, it isn't a productive way to go about it, but the intent is one of self comfort. What else can you do to pamper yourself?

Also, it might be best to ask your husband to hide the scale until it has passed. Don't let it get you down!

Things have been going pretty well for me. I am experimenting with eating other fruit after the apple incident. Strawberries seem fine, but blueberries are borderline. Since Ratkitty mentioned iron potentially being a culprit for her, I started making sure to take my vitamins everyday and I did manage to get rid of a whole lot of the water weight I was holding onto. So things do seem to be moving in the right direction again, thankfully.

Thanks Nancy!!! I hope this water weight goes away. Have you tried Kiwi?

Lynn
Old 05-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I really like kiwis, but I haven't tried them recently to see how I react to them. I will be on the lookout for them and let you know.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

I hate TOM!! Evil fellow that he is I weigh daily without exception so that I am always accountable and cannot deny when I have gained and that I don't let too much come back on. This works for me. TOM is visiting this week and fortunately I am only up 1 lbs, but in the past I have fluctuated up 5-7 lbs...so you are not alone. Drink your water. Resist the treats....they will only make it worse in the long run. Take care....
Old 05-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #11  
Janelle

Default I would like to join in!

Hello there ladies and gents! My name is Janelle and I live in the wild, wild west of Wyoming! I started my weight loss at 382 pounds and am now down to 299-302. For some reason, the scale is fighting the change of the first number so I have been hovering there for 2 weeks. Oh joy! I have been as low as 220, but life and bad habits took over and I lost my mind for a bit. I am really motivated now and I have seen so many fabulous posts, comments and ideas on this board that I decided to officially jump in the pool (wearing a fabulous swimsuit, of course)!

So hello there!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #12  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRubz View Post
Hello there ladies and gents! My name is Janelle and I live in the wild, wild west of Wyoming! I started my weight loss at 382 pounds and am now down to 299-302. For some reason, the scale is fighting the change of the first number so I have been hovering there for 2 weeks. Oh joy! I have been as low as 220, but life and bad habits took over and I lost my mind for a bit. I am really motivated now and I have seen so many fabulous posts, comments and ideas on this board that I decided to officially jump in the pool (wearing a fabulous swimsuit, of course)!

So hello there!
Welcome Janelle!!!! As soon as I get out of this funk I am in I will start looking for a new bathing suit to join you with.

Lynn
Old 05-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #13  
Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torister View Post
I hate TOM!! Evil fellow that he is I weigh daily without exception so that I am always accountable and cannot deny when I have gained and that I don't let too much come back on. This works for me. TOM is visiting this week and fortunately I am only up 1 lbs, but in the past I have fluctuated up 5-7 lbs...so you are not alone. Drink your water. Resist the treats....they will only make it worse in the long run. Take care....
Thanks Torister!!!! NO TREATS check!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #14  
Janelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnie923 View Post
Welcome Janelle!!!! As soon as I get out of this funk I am in I will start looking for a new bathing suit to join you with.

Lynn
Oh honey! I am queen of funk. LOL I just got done with TOM and man, I was a basketcase this time for some reason.

Hang in there...
Old 05-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #15  
Divine

Well yesterday I went to the doctor adn found out that I am diagnosed with diabetes. So now I have to be even more vigilant about getting the weight off. They weighed me and I still have alot of water weight. If this keeps up i might skip this weeks WI and measurements. I don't like this water weight its making me feel like i have failed. OH well I will try to find something more positive to focus on today

Lynn
Closed Thread