Old 04-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #1  
Baby got back, front, etc

S/C/G: 330.8/ticker/270.8

Height: 5'7.5"

Default 6 Week Body Makeover

Okay, I am still a firm believer in eating right and exercise is the only way to lose and maintain and that miracle diets and such don't work, or only work while on them... however, I now have to drop a lot of weight in a short amount of time.

Back story - My best friend is getting married, and her wedding date was going to be 02/29/2012... well it has now been moved up to 06/03/2011!!!! and we are going to the beach right after (vacation/honeymoon)

So instead of being able to use that time to lose weight safely and what I feel to be correctly... I now am using the 6 week program.

I started on 04/25, and have already lost 6.4lbs, it's only 04/27! It is definitely hard work and I hope I can do it without cheating. Even thought you eat more, I still find myself hungry. I had to cut out red meats, only eating chicken and fish, sugar and salt. So far I hate it but the loss is totally motivating and I know I have to drop the weight before June. My 6 weeks will actually only be 5 1/4. I would've started last week, and had preparations already started, but there was a close death in the family and I didn't start the program.

I'll keep updates on this thread.

Anyone else tried this program?

Last edited by HeyPhatty; 04-27-2011 at 11:43 AM.
HeyPhatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

My sister has used it with great success and hasnt put back on all her weight.She swears by it. She is eating very healthy on it but in just small amounts of meat and carbs. We are type B I think, what body type are you?
Be sure and drink all your water each day. SHe has been doing it for a year or more and kept the weight off. She did increase the amount of meats she ate as she got closer to goal but kept the same foods in her menu.
Good luck
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #3  

That's amazing and very inspiring! I am Type A, according to the quiz on the 6WBM website. So far so good, tonight is the first night of exercise
Old 04-29-2011, 06:57 AM   #4  

I think its all about the amount of food on that diet. Its really not alot of food and I once figured the calories and they were really low. Just be careful and make sure your eating enough.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
I think its all about the amount of food on that diet. Its really not alot of food and I once figured the calories and they were really low. Just be careful and make sure your eating enough.
Thanks, I know it says you eat more, but you really don't. I just am eating more times a day. So I'll have to make sure I am eating enough to keep my body going.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #6  

Default Weight Loss During 6WBM

Weigh Day on Mondays
April 24: 320.2 (Last Weight/Not Accurate)
Week1 - May 2: 304.8 (accurate scale)
Week2 - May 9: 303.0
Week3 - May 16: 306.4
Week4 - May 23: oops! didn't get to officially weigh
Week5 - May 29: 295.0

Week6, unfortunately will not be done, since my goal date is June 1st. I'll be up north for my friend's wedding and beach get-away and this program is a little too much to deal with during that time crunch. Will pick back up when I return.

June 13: (First Weight Back)

Last edited by HeyPhatty; 05-29-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #7  

Angry

1 lb?! What the heck? How is that even possible? This program says at least 5-10 lbs a week, or more. I've followed exactly and all I get is one lousy pound? Talk about disappointment ...
Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #8  

hang in there another week and see what happens. It might be just your body adjusting to it. I know it didnt work great for me but then I like foods I wasnt allowed to eat on it. It has worked wonders for my sister.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #9  

My gain was total expected, I didn't follow the plan at all for like 4 days, but today I started back on track.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyPhatty View Post
1 lb?! What the heck? How is that even possible? This program says at least 5-10 lbs a week, or more. I've followed exactly and all I get is one lousy pound? Talk about disappointment ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyPhatty View Post
My gain was total expected, I didn't follow the plan at all for like 4 days, but today I started back on track.

Keep at it. =) Focus on the healthy changes. Not just the weight.

"Just a pound" is actually a lot of weight to lose. We cannot control how much, how fast. No matter what plan "guarantees" those results our bodies control the amount that's dropped, even when we follow the plan to a t.

All we can do is stick to our guns and press forward. One step at a time. Best of wishes on you program!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/155

Hi! I started on the plan this past Wednesday at dinner. I'm finding it hard to find the food combos that taste good. I'm trying my best, but do you know of any good websites besides the plan's that talk about best food combos? I like oatmeal but with cinnamon and water, it is making me gag. I ate sweet potato but it turned out bitter. It's been a rocky start, but I'm past the head ache stage and am willing to try it. Lost 4 lbs in two days, but think it's from 64 oz of water I've been drinking.
Tealblueocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #12  

Thanks for the comments, I've been so busy at work I haven't been on in awhile. I started the 6 day plan of the program because I'll be leaving soon for the wedding/vacation. I hit my first mini goal of 30lbs thanks to the program.

It is hard to find foods that work together when you only get a limited amount of choices. I couldn't stand the oatmeal so I ate rice instead. I don't know what sites to look at as far as what to eat, but I'm sure there is something out there. Good luck !