Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:30 PM   #166  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi all,

I did not walk today. It was raining here literally all day, plus I had no break at all. I didn't get to eat my whole lunch, and didn't get dinner until 7:30, by which time I was feeling shaky and bad. So despite wanting to get in on the national event, I'm not even doing any formal exercise today. (I did do some pacing-while-grading-student-papers in the office this morning, which I'm trying to do most of the time these days.)

Learn: Stay strong!

Carol: How was your walk?

Heather: Glad to hear the good dog news.

Debbie: Hope you're drying out. It's still tossing, blowing, and coming down steady here.

Have a great OP Thursday, all.

Angela
Old 04-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #167  

Height: 5'7"

I didnt get to walk yesterday. We had storms most of the day again. We were lucky we only got a little over an inch of rain total though. The creeks and rivers are still rising and should crest early next week.
I also didnt have an op day. I really struggled and some not so good choices. Today is a new day and so far the sun is shining and Im praying to get out of the house today.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #168  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Good morning girlfriends! Today I'm feeling like one of those annoying morning people! My sons have disappeared and even the dog is hiding under the covers.

Such a gorgeous morning here today! My roses are all in bloom. Wish that I enjoyed gardening. The idea of gardening sounds lovely, and I always do a little self-talk on what needs to get done and wouldn't it be nice if...I buy seeds and organic compost and put everything where I can easily get to it. And then comes the actual gardening part. It never happens!

I'm sore all over from some serious work in Pilates the last two days. My instructor sprang some new moves on us and they were killer! I accused her of making it all up: "This is not a real Pilates move! You're making it up on the spot!" And then she just laughed her evil laugh at us all. I'm going to have some fabulous shoulders when she's done with me!

I slipped yesterday. Wanted KFC biscuits in the worst way, but didn't go get any. Instead, had a handful of potato chips! OMG! It's literally been years since I had potato chips. I'm going to make the life of the individual who brought them into my house a living he\\! Humph! He just left for school!

No fresh weight gain or loss to report. I'm pushing for 2-3lb loss by Wednesday morning, my final weigh-in for the fitness challenge I've been on at my Pilates studio. 7-8lb would be even better! But completely unrealistic at this point.

Hoping you all find joy in your day! (Even I cringed as I wrote that...but I really mean it!)

Last edited by geoblewis; 04-28-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:42 AM   #169  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Not much to report today. Should have been a productive day, but we had this horrible, contentious department meeting yesterday, and everyone kept stopping by my office to talk about it, so I got almost nothing done. Also two of the families in the department had their little ones in the office, and I can't help it, I have to hang out with them when I get the chance.

Ate okay, except I indulged in a sugar-free marshmallow bunny. Fit into my calories, but I'm trying to stop with the sweet things even when they do fit...

And exercised a little.

Almost Friday. Enjoy!

Angela
Old 04-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #170  

We had sunshine yesterday which was awesome. I did get a walk in and it felt soo good to be outside. I noticed how bad my flower beds have gotten and will have to spend some time on the as soon as it dries out a bit.
We are fighting tiny little ants. I had put out some traps but they didnt seem to be helping so hubby got the liquid stuff you put on cardboard and leave laying where you have seen ants. OMG ants came out from everywhere. ITs really gross but praying it takes care of the problem. I have heard alot of people complaining about them this year. A neighbor said they are coming in to keep from drowning.
Tom finally made his appearance and I guess that explains the jump on the scales.
Im planning a no eat out weekend. I think our daughter is coming home and we will grill something for lunch. I will not eat a bite off plan this weekend.

Last edited by dgramie; 04-29-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all! The sun is shining! Looking forward to working outside after some time in the pool this morning! Let's make it a POP day - how about a POP weekend! We have dinner out with friends tomorrow night if DH is not working - in a way I hope he has to work. Next weekend holds lots of social activities so I'd be more than happy to avoid the challenges this weekend. I am so looking forward to next week though when we celebrate with a surprise party for a friends 60th and my nephew who is my Alaska traveling companion becomes a pharmacy school graduate. He'll be moving to Salt Lake City for his residency - maybe a visit is in the future too!

Stay strong!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Morning all! Too busy at work and a lot unsettled at home as we try to get our dog who had surgery comfortable. He seems to be doing well, overall, but I feel like our lives are a bit topsy-turvy.

Food hasn't been horrible. No time to eat, or plan... so not great. No exercise either. But hopefully things will improve...
Old 04-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #173  

Im determined to have a POP weekend. I had a couple of bad days of struggling. We will have pizza for dinner tonight but I can stay pop if I stay within my limits.

Tomorrow we have a luncheon in honor of our neighbor and music leader at church. He is leaving to move back to his home town and remarry(his wife passed away 2 yrs ago). We are excited for him but sad for us. He be missed!!

I plan on working my tail off this morning and getting my housework done and groceries in for the week. Im hoping to get to spend an hour in my flowerbeds today also.

I would love to join a challenge for May.
I know Im going to try and be POP all month. I think its possible if I can keep my head in the right spot.

My youngest graduates next weekend and I told hubby its time to take care of us. We have spent the past 28yrs taking care of kids and I also tend to put my grandkids before us. So starting now hubby and I come first. Its going to take some work but its time!!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I finally broke down and tried Walden Farms salad dressing - the one I bought is Creamy Bacon - what's in this - no calories, no sugar, no carbs, no fat - and it wasn't bad at all. I had shied away thinking it was going to be flavored water but I was pleasantly pleased.

Beautiful Saturday - heading out to enjoy!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #175  

Please to announce I had a POP day.
Talked with my dr today and she wants me to try 1200 calories for a few weeks. She was very blunt that she means real food and no processed junk. She said 100 calorie packs are junk...that God gave us pleanty of prepacked low calories foods, apples and oranges and grapes, just grab and go foods. I thought it was funny because my daughter had just thown in a couple of boxes of 100 calories cookies and crackers in my cart.LOL
I see her in early June and she wants to see a loss. She has suggested it before and I always tell her thats too low. She says it not if its real food. So Im going to try it...
Old 05-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

STOP!!!!

It's beautiful May, and time for a new thread!!!
Closed Thread