Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #61  

Hi Lilymax, Nice to meet you. I hope to get to know you. Very nice ladies on this thread. Ruth
Old 04-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilymax View Post
..I'm totally new here...
Welcome, I'm new too, seems like a good supportive place, though I'm still trying to get the drift of the posts

Seems like it tends to daily experiences.

--G
Old 04-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #63  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Hey everyone! I'm back from the weekend getaway. Lessons learned:
  1. I am no longer interested in going to science museums. OMG!!! I was so utterly bored! This was a real surprise for me.
  2. I can make plans to eat healthfully, but if the food sources don't provide healthy options, I need to have plans B and C in place. The hotel breakfast buffet was NOT as advertised. Loads of pastries, cereal, fatty meats. I had the Denver scramble, which was just eggs and some veggies and a little ham. Added a side of potatoes (1/2 cup serving). Chose to have a couple pieces of the andouille sausage. Something had soy in it, because I was lethargic and edgy for hours! And I'm still feeling it! Wish I had packed a hard-cooked egg and some oatmeal.
I ate one other meal on the road. We stopped for Indian food on the way back. I made the vegetarian choice, barely ate half. Spent hours walking the museum and around downtown San Jose.

This morning, I woke up to a five-pound gain! Struggling to get past the disappointment and frustration at the moment. I know that this issue is having eaten the excess soy. I experience inflammation when I eat something with soy in it, and that comes from water retention. It will go away. I am angry that I can't get a simple egg dish that's not cooked in vegetable oil with soy in it or eat a sausage without soy filler. I'm sad that I have this soy allergy. I'm sad that I worked so hard to lose those five pounds over the last two weeks and it took so little to gain it back.

I'm happy that I'm now emotionally resillient enough to bounce back into the game. I had a hard cooked egg and a serving of oatmeal for breakfast this morning, and I'm about to go to Pilates. I have confidence that I'll lose that five pounds again, maybe even this week. Thin people have times when they overeat, or make poor choices and then get right back to their "thin-eating" ways. I can do that too!

Big welcomes to Lilimax and George. I'm only recently back here after a year's absence. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Hope everyone has the day they hope to have...
Old 04-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #64  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Hi Lily, welcome!

Yes, we tend to use these threads as general support/daily check-ins. There are other threads in the 300+ area you might want to join if you're looking for something more structured (the exercise thread, a seasonal weekly weigh-in, various challenges, etc.)

Personally, I'm thrilled to say that I had a 2 lb. loss last week for the first time since re-starting this year.

I'm also interested in the fact that I was stalled at losses averaging a half pound a week for so long, and that I managed to kick things up in the last two weeks without really changing calories. I've been eating between 1900 and 2000 calories a day consistently since about the beginning of the year.

What I have changed in the last few weeks: I've added more exercise, including every-other-day strength training, modified yoga, and a variety of light aerobic stuff. I've also started taking CoQ10, in hopes of counteracting the effects of my statin drug on insulin resistance. Finally, in the last two weeks, I've been working on upping my fiber.

Are any of these things the link that was missing? I have no way of knowing.... but I know that at long last I managed to lose 2 lbs last week. So I'm going to stick with this regimen for the foreseeable future. If I can't maintain at least a pound a week this way, I'll consider making more changes.

So. Happy Monday, all... hope it's an OP one.

Angela
Old 04-12-2011, 07:06 AM   #65  

Height: 5'7"

HI Lilymax and George! So glad your here with us.
We chatter a bit about life but also try and offer encouragement and strength to help each other weight loss.
angela- way to go on losing 2lbs last week. What your doing is working!
Ruth-hi ...I was awake during the night and thought of you and hoped you were sleeping good. Thankfully I dont have nights where I dont sleep often. My cell rang in the middle of the night and no one was there. It was from my neices number so I worried that things were ok. Im sure it was a call by accident.
geo- I had the same kind of gain last week and its all gone this week. I so sensative to sodium. Just hope back on the wagon and it should go away quickly.
heather- how are you?
carol- how was class last night?
I had a hungry day yesterday but struggled through it with only about 200 calories extra.
Hubby is grilling for dinner so I should do great today. He is grilling a pork loin and mushrooms and bell peppers. Im sooooooooooo excited!!
I tried on some summer clothing and its just as I thought it would be....TIGHT in my hips and thighs. I can wear them but they sure dont look nice.
Im going to walk after dinner tonight and also hit the minitramp. I can lose inches off my hips and thighs fast if I just use the minitramp but it sure is a chore to make myself do daily.
Everyone getting in their water? Lets make this a great day!!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:19 AM   #66  

Good morning all,
I have been having a great time with my low carb eating. It's challenging at times, but it's also fun finding low carb alternatives when a craving hits.
Getting in my walks 6 days a week and soon the pool will be open and I'm really gonna kick things up several notches. Got my bathing suit, dumbbells, noodles, webbed gloves (for resistance), papasan float (for stomach crunches) and swim shoes (protects the bottoms of my feet).

dgramie- Oh how I love the new doo. Wish the pic was bigger though so I could see that new grandbaby.

Angela- Congratulations on the 2 pound loss. What ever your doing it seems to be working.

George- Can you say... SODIUM? Just drink, drink, drink and flush it all out.

Ruth- Hi there! We are a nice group aren't we!

Lily- Of course you can join, the more the merrier. Sounds like you got your hands full with the boys. Getting healthy will help you keep up with them better.

Carol- Hey there girl, how you doing?

Heather- I know your busy with the pup, hope your doing O.K.

Lets get out there and make tuesday POP!

Learn
Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 339/334/199

Height: 5' 5"

Hi guys! Just had to share with someone that I completed a whole day on-program yesterday!

I know that's a pretty small thing to cheer about, but if you only knew how un-faithful I've been to diets in the past! LOL

Every time I was tempted to fudge a little, especially during the afternoon hungry slump, a voice inside me said, "Are you serious about getting healthy, or not?" And I actually listened to it. LOL

So far, so good today, too.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!

Lily
Old 04-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain View Post

George- Can you say... SODIUM? Just drink, drink, drink and flush it all out.
Hi

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not sure what it is supposed to cure

As to hydrating, these days I drink about 2 pots of "wild orange" Tazo tea a day

--G

Last edited by georgepds; 04-12-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #69  
Renaissance Woman

Congrats on your OP day, Lily! I am learning to love my little voice in the back of my head that keeps me on track.

Hey George, I think Learn directed that at me, Georgia. Ha! We're going to have to figure out how to differentiate ourselves on here. I've been called George for years.

I lost three pounds overnight, so, yes, Learn, big bad sodium, plus the inflammatory effects of soy were to blame. I'm still annoyed because today is a final weigh-in at a class on emotional eating I attended for 12 weeks. I really wanted to show off my progress today!

I'm about to leave for class, so I'll chat with you all tomorrow. Have a great day!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #70  

OPPS!!! Sorry George,
That was meant for Georgia. Sorry about that!

Learn
Old 04-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Wow - can't believe I haven't posted for a few days - life seems busy right now. Things are going well EXCEPT for the weigh in in the FIT Class I spoke at last week - after a POP week with great exercise I gained 3.2 lbs. So after two weeks my net loss is .8 - GRRRRR. No choice but to stay the course and accept it.

Geo - tell me more about the Emotional Eating course - I was hoping this FIT class was going to hit on that more but right now the focus is on exercise and the importance of portion control.

Heather - how's the pup? Our yellow lab Gracie has managed to "break" her tail - praying that the nerves heal and amputation isn't necessary.

Lily - I don't think I've welcomed you - WELCOME!!! This is a fantastic support system for me - understanding where I'm at and how to hug me and give me a needed kick in the backside when needed.

George - I'm not much of a tea drinker - may need to try some flavors - thanks for the tip! Seems like plain ole water is good for me but a change up once in the while wouldn't be bad.

Learn - is there a facility you could do water exercises next winter? I know how much you love it and I would truly miss it if I gave it up for the winter.

Ruth - settling into "normalcy" again? Easter isn't far off - will you have a full house then also? Hugs my friend.

Debbie - glad you got to spoil the baby. Love the new avatar - what a gift!

Angela - glad the fiber is working - love seeing you string those POP days together - go get 'em.

Stay strong!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #72  
Renaissance Woman

Carol, I'm just back from class. The Emotional Brain Training method is bigger than I can explain, so I'll let Laurel Mellin, the author of the method, do that, here.

What I can tell you is that it works for me. I feel so much more grounded and calmer, and I'm not all that far into the program. I just had a couple of the most stressful, difficult years of my life, and I am so happy to have had the EBT tools I learned. Even in the midst of all the stress, I lost a little weight, I got control over my blood pressure issues, and I felt happier and more at peace. I didn't check out of life. I was able to handle very stressful situations and get things done.

I can't say enough good stuff about EBT. It's not some strange little support group. It's an effective method and I actually learned new things that help me make the right choices for myself and care for myself as well as my loved ones. I'm starting to not feel angry all the time, or guilty for not being perfect. And I just don't feel like overeating much any more.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #73  

Morning Everyone!

Georgia- I haven't had time to sit and listen attentively, but today sometime I will be checking out the site about EBT w/ Laurel Mellin. Thank you for posting it.

Carol- The nearest facility with a pool is over 45 minutes and that's just too far for me. Thank goodness I have the 5 acres to walk on. I just step outside and start marching.

Lily- How was your day yesterday? Another OP day I hope.

George- The wild orange tea sound delish. What brand is it? Might want to try that. Water gets a little boring sometimes.

I had a OP day yesterday. Got my walking in and omg!, is was so humid out yesterday. I was hoping for rain, but it seemed to steer away from us. My white jeep is a light shade of green right now from the pollen dust and I would love to see the rain come and wash off the trees.
Today is nothing special day, maybe laundry (bed linens), bath the dog, who knows.

I hope everyone has a fantastic OP day like I'm gonna have. Try it, you'll like it!

Learn
Old 04-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #74  

Height: 5'7"

Food is going great, lets just pray it continues to be easy!! I do find that once hubby starts grilling dieting is so much easier. I also love having the layered salad made and ready to pull out for lunch.
Hubby has been eating way to much lately and just doesnt seem to be able to get in control. We are going to walk again today when my kids leave. I will also be taking them to the playground today. We are having some beautiful weather.
My neighbor has been doing a super low carb diet and she looks amazing. I mean super low carb. I think she is going less than 20grams a day. I just cant do it. My veggies can get me more carbs than that in a meal.LOL I am really watching my carbs that comes from other sources.
Exercise is the key Im still missing. I do good for a day or so and then slack off.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Debbie -- I love your new avatar! You and grandbaby!

I'm off to the doggie oncologist today. I have a long list of questions, and a dog who doesn't understand why he can't have breakfast... hopefully we'll have a clearer picture of our treatment options.
Closed Thread