3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is...Pt. Fourteen (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/226317-positive-uplifting-notification-one-positive-thing-about-me-today-pt-fourteen.html)

ilbnej 04-12-2011 04:07 PM

Ags: Sodium sux. Why does it have to be so darn tasty? The good news is that it isn't "real" weight gain - just pretend. After a trip to New Orleans in February (sodium city, among other things!), I weighed in as soon as I got home (after a plane flight to boot) and recorded a record high weight! It was all gone the next day though (after many trips to the little girls room).

Kayla: Great job on pushing through the "I don't want to"s. I am the same way. I don't mind exercising while I'm doing it and I love it after it is over, but I can always create an excuse on why I shouldn't beforehand. To me it is a huge accomplishment that you perservered on this one!

Laura: Be strong, girl! Be tough! You can't control how other people treat you, but you can control how you treat yourself, so there is no excuse to treat yourself badly or refuse to forgive yourself. (I know that's easier said than done, but if you don't say it, how are you going to do it?)

Learn: Yay for POP! I want to be you when I grow up, really! I have a good day, and then a less good day, and I just hope they all average out (and so far they have!) - I really admire your willpower. Also yay for the start of pool season! But not yay for oak pollen and debris. We have had a rough oak season here in South Texas, and we can't buy even a drop of rain to wash it away. (sneeze!)

Lynnie: Glad to hear you had a better night sleeping last night. If I don't get at least 6 hours every night (8 is preferred), I start going nuts after just a few nights - and not just cranky, but improper mental functioning. Insomnia is the worst. Also, thank you for each day's positive thought!

Shannon: Good luck on the garage - just think of the exercise you'll get! I also loved your PSA - my Dad got a CPAP machine about 10 years ago (and about 15 years too late) and it has literally SAVED his life. It is so obvious to me that nothing (esp not rational thought) is going to work right if you aren't getting enough restful sleep. I hope that one day you won't be CPAP dependent, but at least you are now aware of the issue and you have a solution!

So, it turns out that I may have been a bit premature in my declaration of no more stomach bug yesterday. I felt fine when posting, but later in the day yesterday, and again today, I'm still feeling some effects. But the positive is that I got some pro-biotic capsules at Walgreens at lunch today, so hopefully all will be back to normal soon! Second positive is from yesterday - I swam a 45 minute workout last night (which I had skipped my scheduled 30 min one in the morning due to the aforementioned tummy troubles). Life is good.

-B

shannonmb 04-12-2011 06:54 PM

Well, I just thought I would pop back in today after my garage cleaning extravaganza! Oh my, my legs and back are soo sore, but I am so happy with the results of our hard work. I took some ibuprofen and will settle back on the couch for some TV tonight. Darren was pretty much hating me today (for those who don't know, he is a packrat and when I make him throw something old or useless away he acts like I'm cutting off a limb). But he put in a good day's work and got rid of a lot of junk. My mom's man has a big huge trailer and I paid him to leave it in my driveway and haul all that old junk away to the dump. I bought huge bins for my holiday decorations, and I still have to go through that stuff. But the bulk of it is DONE!!! AHHH, a weight has been lifted! :carrot:

I'm so glad you gals didn't mind my sleep schpeil. I say it every chance I get, because if there is one person who is suffering like I was and can see themselves in my words, then I will be a happy woman!! Ona, that would be neat to not need it anymore eventually! My sleep doc says he wants to do another study in 6 months if (WHEN) I continue to lose weight -- so we will see. And B, thanks for your story about your dad. I'm so glad he was able to find the relief I did!! :D

Ducky, I don't know much about the sleeping aids, but would I ever love it if you went and talked to somebody about it. And Learn, as for finding the right doctor, I tried asking friends and coworkers, but they were all too far away and whatever. So I did a search on google and read some reviews, and one that stuck out to me was a middle aged, overweight woman who said her doctor was very compassionate. She was right! It's luck of the draw, really, but if you don't like yours, may be time to shop around!

I hope you all have a wonderful evening, I'll be thinking of all of you, good friends!! :hug:

Cakegirl27 04-12-2011 07:17 PM

Lynnie - I agree, being sick messes with not only exercise but sleep and what I eat too and it's a bummer. I'm sorry you didn't get a good night sleep the other night.

Learn- I just have my 2 kitties and both are indoor. I was reading your story about the nuclear plant and my husband walked in. He's a history buff and he knows a lot about politics and government and whatnot so I asked him what the deal was with taking pics of a plant and he looked at me like I was mental and said "well, it is a matter of national security." I laughed so hard I gave myself a headache because all I could picture was you in like black ninja clothes doing some serious espionage! YAY for the pool opening soon! I miss swimming, I should check my area to see if any of the gyms or whatnot have pools. Such gorgeous pics! I sat outside yesterday because it was almost 80 (yet today barely broke 50.. lol) and we don't have too much sprouting yet, so seeing some color from somewhere really gives me the sense that spring has sprung.

Susan- You look amazing!!! Congratulations on all the hard work for the spring too. You've lost a lot of weight and this is so you year!!!

Laura- It's not about how many times you fail at it... it's about how many times you get back up and keep trying! As long as you don't give up and keep trying new stuff until you find something that works for you and not against you, you will win this battle. Don't be so hard on yourself and keep your chin up. Use how you feel to motivate you for the future. No one here judges you and if anything, you can lean on us for support. If you feel like something isn't working, come talk to us and maybe we can give you some ideas to help or at the very least give you an understanding ear... or is it eyes... :D I'm so proud of you for coming back and I hope you don't disappear again!

Kayla- Good for you for getting in that exercise. I have trouble getting myself motivated to do it some days but the moment I start I feel great. I just did the 3 mile express walk earlier today and I loved it. Don't let the rain get you down, flowers need their water too! :)

B- That should be easy to remember, I call my sister B in retaliation for calling me J as a kid. I hated it then, yet I like it now. Lol. Congrats on getting your taxes done and getting a refund! I'm sorry you're sick and I hope you feel better soon. I read somewhere that digital scales need to be recalibrated after a year, and I've had mine for longer than that so perhaps that's the problem. I don't care, the analog one is $7 and my husband thought of a very evil yet hilarious use for my digital one. Thanks for the kind words about the pics. I really was nervous about posting them. It has been a great relief to not have people chase me off the boards with virtual pitchforks after I posted them. I didn't expect that to happen here because everyone is so awesome, but I'm so used to negative people that I was totally nervous. Good job on the workout, take it easy so you get better though.

Ags- Sadly my nerves didn't carry me though the day. It started with a bad panic attack on Sunday night and just progressed until I was in quite a state. Then I ended up getting into a rather large screaming match with my husband on Monday after I got all my stuff done and couldn't get to sleep until 5am because I was so upset, both angry at him for being a big idget (probably the nicest word I can think of for how he was behaving) and just stressed from the day itself. Everything is fine now, I'm back to my old self. Okay, your cooking always makes me hungry! I was such a fussy eater as a kid so there are so many things (healthy ones too) that I haven't tried yet. It has been inspiring me to actually get up and cook something outside of my comfort zone. We have a big shopping trip this weekend to do and I think we are going to have some baked perch (never tried perch before) with veggie pouches of eggplant, asparagus and zucchini. I've never cooked eggplant before but I love it so it's time I learn right? Right! I'm so glad Mya is improving. Don't you worry about that sodium. Drink your water and it will work itself out of your system in no time!

Shannon- I hate spring cleaning but I love having a clean house afterward so I can relate. I'm glad you get help with it because projects like that are always left to me until I get fed up and just stop cleaning anything until I get some help. ;) My hubby has no one to blame for his shoulder but himself at this point. He hurt it, but every day he sits at his pc for hours on end and it just makes it hurt again. He won't let it heal up, he's just stubborn. I'm glad the CPAP is helping you. I had a sleep test done when I was 9 to rule out sleep apnea and I have trouble sleeping in a bed that isn't my own, so my sleep test was a tad hilarious. I'm a fairly violent sleeper and they had put a sensor on my toe and I kept kicking it off and scratching at the sensors on my scalp in my sleep. Lol. My sister had to use a CPAP before her WLS and she was able to wean off of it after she had gotten close to goal. I used to work 3rd shift and I can relate so well to how sleep can alter pretty much everything. I suffer from insomnia and sometimes stay awake for 48+ hours straight. I'm happy to say that doesn't happen too often now that I have been exercising as much but still, its horrible. I hope it works out for you and that the sleep apnea lessens or goes away in time! The afghan is going to take a year or 2 at least. It's cross stitch, 18ct black cloth and every single square is stitched. It has 63 (7 blocks wide by 9 blocks high) 90x90 stitch squares and then a border around each panel. I will post pics when its done but know it will be awhile. :) For now, here's what I have done since I started on Christmas Eve.
The first block. I love the holographic filament I used on this.
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/.../afghan/01.jpg
Block 4, I've been skipping around
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/.../afghan/04.jpg
Block 7
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/.../afghan/07.jpg

Well, I'm really off today. Something was up with me while I was exercising and after I had the shakes, my vision was wonky... kind of like when you look at the sun and see bright spots after and my knee kept giving out. I've had to up my calories a touch since I started to exercise but maybe I need a bit more. Maybe I'm still under the weather a little. All I know is it freaked me out. I'm fine now (like 2 hours later) so I'm just going to monitor it for awhile. I ended up talking to my best friend for a long time last night and again today. I haven't seen her in a few years and we made some tentative plans to go out for dinner. I haven't been out to eat since I started this 14 months ago so I had her pick her top 5 restaurants to which I went and check menus and nutrition info and then narrowed it down. It's cool that I could do that and know what had the lowest calories and sodium and everything before hand. I'm excited to hang out with my friends again and get caught up. They're like sisters to me and life just got kind of hectic and we all stopped hanging out. So yeah, that's about it for me tonight. I'm going to watch NCIS and work on my Mario blanket. I just finished a warp pipe and I'm on to scenery. :D Talk to you all tomorrow.

Mistycrow 04-12-2011 08:20 PM

Learn what pretty pictures!

Sorry I haven't been posting... been hanging out at my BOYFRIEND'S place a lot lately. Hopped on the scale this morning and it said 305, meaning I am officially at the 30 pounds lost mark!!! YAY!!!

squirrellee 04-12-2011 08:47 PM

Good evening Chicas!! Wanted to tell you all that my Birthday was wonderful and thank you so much for all the well wishes!! It was a nice change for us to have a party that was not centered around the food!! I stayed on my plan and did not even cheat once!! My husband is taking me to Carrabas friday for our 23rd Wedding Anniversary but I am going to eat in moderation. I think I am going to skip breakfast and lunch so I can save up my calories for the dinner (I know that is not good to do but it is only one time). I went to the eye doctor today and found out that one of my vessels in the back of my eye is hemorrhaging. It is like I have a snake in my eye and it is bugging me like crazy!! (what I am seeing is actually the blood inside my eye..GROSS!!:barf:) I will have to have eye surgery to fix it but...the good news is...I FIT INTO THE EXAM CHAIR!!!!:carrot: On previous visits, they had to bring me in a stool because the exam chair has arms on it and it was built for smaller people (at least that is what I told myself) and my butt would not squeeze in to it no matter how hard I pushed or how slippery of material my clothes were made from (trust me I have tried it all!)but this time I fit and had some extra room!!! HALLELUJAH!!! Thank you Jesus!!! I think the eye doctor thought I was going insane the way he looked at me but I could not hold it in!!:dancer:

Well ladies sorry I did not do personals but I have been folowing you all!! Take care and God Bless!!!

Squirrellee

learningtoliveagain 04-13-2011 05:06 AM

Good Morning!

Lee- Glad you enjoyed your B-Day. You know what I would do about Carraba's on friday (and this is just a suggestion). I would go to they're website and check out they're menu. Most of the time they will have nutritional info on the meals as well. Then you could plan ahead.
Awesome NSV you had at the eye doctor, I hope all is well with your eye.

Misty- Sounds like the relationship is going well. CONGRATULATIONS on hitting the 30 pound mark. Just awesome. I have missed you and was wondering how you were doing.

Cake- The afghan is very cool, what a project. OMG! NCIS has been good the last 2 episodes, hasn't it. What do you think about the new team working along side Gibb's team? The two new guys are kinda cool (especially the huge one), but I can't stand the woman. Cool, I have a NCIS fan to discuss things with.

Shannon- WOW!!! What a workout the 2 of you got. I love those kind that leave you feeling like you accomplished something, like a clean garage. We had one of those so called garages on our last house, did you know they were previously invented for parking your car in? LOL!!! No really!

B- It took years of mistakes for me to gather up this willpower. I guess I could say I have years of practice. LOL!!!
I hope your tummy feels better soo
n.

Ags- There is no way I will be posting pics of me in a bathing suit in this lifetime! But the flower pics are there for you.
O.K. I guess I'll have to have patience and wait for your next WI. No more sodium for you girly!

Ona- Hey beautiful, have a great day!

Laura- I would say most of us here have been too hard on ourselves. Probably why we ended up with all this weight. I always expected things in life to work out and go perfectly, and when they didn't I turned to the only thing I felt was perfect, the food I shoved in my mouth. Wasn't until I got in my late 40's that I realized that life is a b***h sometimes and I can't stop it and I especially won't be blamed for it. So stick with us kid and we'll guide you through this mess they call life. Your worth it!

Lynn- So glad you got a decent nights sleep, but it does take a while to recover from that aweful night. Hope you rested up again yesterday and are back and ready to roll today.
Oh and I'm glad you enjoyed the pics.

I was POP yesterday with food and exercise. Today is errand day, I think. My jeep is going to the mechanic tomorrow for A/C repair again and then friday my hubbys has to drive quite a ways for a meeting at work, so if I need to do anything I better do it today. I just don't like driving his van. It has no A/C, the window on the drivers side doesn't roll down and his van is a pig sty!
We have been invited to a wedding rehearsal dinner on friday. It will be a home cooked meal, so this should be interesting for me and my low carb ways. Then sunday I will actually be photographing the wedding. I donated my services. This a gentleman that works/worked for my husband at his 7-11. He went in the hospital a month ago for pneumonia only to find out he was full of cancer. He is retired military, so he wants to marry his girlfriend so she will have his benefits. The doctors have given him only a month to live. Really good people shouldn't have to go through these things.

O.K. on that sad note I will sign off. I just want everyone to have an awesome day. Remember make every moment count.

Learn[

shannonmb 04-13-2011 08:22 AM

Today is a great morning! The sun is shining, and I reached my 2nd major weight loss goal! Bye bye 250s! :D

Learn, so sorry to hear about your friend. That's really nice of you to donate a photo shoot -- I'm sure they will treasure those pictures! :hug: On a happier note, I know you can't wait to get in that pool!!! LOVE the pics, I love all those big ol' trees in your yard - looks like paradise! I hope my pics last week encouraged you to post those! ;)

Squirrellee, I'm sorry to hear about your eye/surgery. :( But SO glad you fit in the chair! That's the best kind of non-scale victory, and makes it all worthwhile! WAY TO GO!!

Cake, holy moly, that blanket is going to be the coolest thing ever! I used to like to cross-stitch and I can see where it would be really useful during a weight loss journey -- keeps your hands busy! But I think I have carpal tunnel or something because nowadays when I try to do something like that, my hands go numb and hurt. BOO! Maybe someday I'll look into getting it fixed, a lady at work did it and she got several weeks off work! Now that's what I call incentive! haha

Misty, sounds like things are going well with your new man! AWESOME! Love can put a whole new perspective and excitement on life, huh! AND GREAT JOB CONTINUING TO SHOW THE SCALE WHO'S BOSS! hahaha

B, yuck the stomach bug wasn't all the way gone -- hopefully it is by now! You sound really happy in your posts, I'm so glad. :D

Ducky, dang swollen legs! Best to skip a weigh-in when you've got that goin' on, no sense getting discouraged by what you already know is going on. Hopefully they'll go down in a day or 2. You are such a cutie pie!

Laura, I sure hope you are still feeling good. I hate those struggling times, but you'll find your way back, for sure!

Lynnie, hope you got a good night's sleep last night and are feeling extra good today!

Ona, luv ya lady!

So I already posted my positive at the top. Usually wait till the end, but couldn't keep it in today! This weigh-in was especially meaningful for me because I don't know WHEN I've been under 250 lbs! Under 200 seems so much closer now! :carrot:

Have a wonderful, joyous day everyone! :hug:

lynnie923 04-13-2011 08:50 AM

positive thought: Recipe for happiness: Live with enthusiasm, smile for no reason, love without conditions, act with purpose, listen with your heart, and laugh often.

positive action: I snacked last night so I am resetting my tracker and starting again.

WTG SHANNON!!!

learningtoliveagain 04-13-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shannonmb (Post 3805151)
Today is a great morning! The sun is shining, and I reached my 2nd major weight loss goal! Bye bye 250s! :D

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/a.../thsmiley5.gif

Hot Diggity Ding Dang Dolly!

Shannon just said...

Adios, Au Revoir, Arrivederci, Aloha, Seeyalateralligator, T.T.F.N....

to the 250's!!!

shannonmb 04-13-2011 10:02 AM

Thank you, Learn! I'm so excited, really!

Yep, later on 250s, and as my precious gramma would have said, "Don't let the door hit ya in the a$$ on the way out! hahahahaa

rainbowsmiles 04-13-2011 10:19 AM

beautiful shannon....so proud of you and your inspirational journey!! you are a rock star baby!! way to go!! :encore:

learn....that should not be T.T.F.N. but instead T.T.F.E.!!!
(TATAfor EVER!!!) {{giggle}}

Lynnie....whenever, and i do mean WHEN EVER i need a lift, all i have to do is come read one of your amazing positive posts!! thank you for your hard work posting all the inspiration words!!

learningtoliveagain 04-13-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shannonmb (Post 3805349)
Thank you, Learn! I'm so excited, really!

Yep, later on 250s, and as my precious gramma would have said, "Don't let the door hit ya in the a$$ on the way out! hahahahaa

My polite way of saying that is...

"Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!"

OnaMi 04-13-2011 10:44 AM

:congrat:Shannon :hug: I'm so thrilled for you! what an awesome job you've done :bravo: Just brilliant :woohoo: keep you're eyes on the prize cause the sky's the limit!! :)

Laura G 04-13-2011 12:23 PM

Thank you all for your support - I really super appreciate it!

Shannon - Super Congrats! Fantastic job! :carrot:

Learn - where the good lord split ya? :rofl:

Squirellee - my mom also has bleeding in the back of her eyes. She goes to the specialist once a month for chemo treatments (it's not cancer) to slow down the growth of the vessels that are leaking (a needle in the back of the eye). Every other month she gets lazered to stop the actual bleeding and cauterize the vessels that have grown in since the chemo. The dried blood that you are seeing will slowly be reabsorbed by your body, and as long as there is no new bleeding you will see just like before! I know it sounds awful, but it's really not too terrible - my mom's a wimp and she does it lots! On top of it, she also had cataracts, and she can't have them removed until the specialist is satisfied with the chemo therapies...

Anyways, catch y'all on the flip side! Keep up the great work everyone!

Creating Kayla 04-13-2011 12:40 PM

Hello Lovely Ladies!

Just popping in quickly before I tackle my busy day ahead of me. You all are truly amazing women and I LOVE reading these posts. They make my day! :)

Shannon: You are FANTASTIC! Congrats on saying goodbye to the 250s!

Learn: Yay for another POP day yesterday! I'm truly sorry to hear about your friend. No one should have to go through that. What an amazing thing you are doing for them. I am sure his future wife will treasure those photos forever.

Squirrellee: Happy to hear that you had a great beautiful! Sorry to hear about your eye but YAY for fitting into the exam chair!!!! Life is all about the little things, isn't it? :)

Cake: That afghan is going to be AMAZING!! I envy your talent and your patience. Can't wait to see more pictures.

B: Hope you are feeling better today! I love how even with the bug you manage to stay postive. :)

My positive for today is that I have remembered to take my multi-vitamin for five days in a row! I know it isn't much, but to me this is a big deal! LoL

Hope everyone's day is full of laughter and love!

-Kayla :)