3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is...Pt. Fourteen (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/226317-positive-uplifting-notification-one-positive-thing-about-me-today-pt-fourteen.html)

MadBlackWoman 04-10-2011 02:10 AM

Ags - thanks for the cheerful welcome. I definitely did pick my username based on that movie! When I had a mind shift and decided I was going to take this weight off once and for all, I felt like the main character in the movie when she snapped, went a little crazy, but then got it together again :) Fantastic job on your sales! That just shows that when you set your mind to something, you can do it!

Shannon - AWESOME JOB in taking that walk around! Think about where you were at just one year ago (based on your ticker) and how far you've come. It's so inspiring! Keep up the great work!!

Lynnie - You are kicking butt on the no snacking challenge! I'm also looking forward to you posting pictures when you have bought all your new makeup and want to show it off. You have earned that reward :)

Cake - So glad to hear your cat is ok. My dogs (well, my parents dogs) are like my little babies, so I can imagine how anxious you must have felt worrying. It sounds like you had a fantastic day with your nephew and that's all the positive one could ever ask for in a day -- a good day with family.

Squirrellee - GREAT IDEA with your party! Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY :hat: :hat: :hat:

Kayla - I can totally identify with that desire to get outside! My husband walked over to the dry cleaner to pick up his suit for an event tonight and came back and told me "If you have any reason to go outside today at all before the event tonight, do it. It's gorgeous today!" I'm glad to see that spring has finally sprung in New England!

My day was just full of positives. I got a full, restful night's sleep, got some work done for my classes since I'm heading into finals in a couple of weeks, and went to an event tonight - a formal dance thrown by one of the student groups on campus. I wore a pretty dress and pinned a large fake flower in my hair, put on a face full of makeup (which I never do at school), and danced my booty off! I got so many compliments on my outfit and hair that I felt like I was glowing. And to top it off, once again, I was able to plan ahead with my calories to allow me to have two glasses of wine, but I didn't go crazy even though there was an open bar. I had such a great time tonight that I feel full of energy even at past 2am :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

learningtoliveagain 04-10-2011 05:45 AM

Happy Sunday All!

Lynn- Sounds like the reading is helping keep your mind off other things, awesome!

Shannon- Your whole spring break sounded fantastic. Oh what a difference 98 pounds makes, huh!

Ona- Thank you, I am truly enjoying my mother much more now that she is living in the ALF. Are you getting the same beautiful weather as we are down here? We hit 87 degrees today, almost too warm.

Ags- Yes Mom got your hugs! I'm like you, if the recipe doesn't show a picture of the finished product it doesn't interest me at all. Oh how I wish I was a better reader. When my son was in 3rd. grade he was a year behind on his reading skills and with a lot of persuasion and praise he is now more than 2 grade levels ahead of himself. Something I did when he was younger is read the same book separately and then each evening we would discuss the book and what we read. He really is a great reader now.

Cake- A divers wetsuit would do the trick. Of course if your not careful it may actually overheat you. My sister gets these plastic sweat pants at Walmart in the sporting goods dept.
So glad Lola is getting back to normal. My Vixen sleeps with me each night usually snuggled up against me. My other cat Gizmo is more of a snob and he's also very active at night. I can hear him running from one end of the house to the other over and over again for no reason at all. Guess he needs the exercise.

Kayla- Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy my posts. You did a wonderful job with personals. So glad you had a nice day outdoors with Mr. Amazing. What an awesome deal you got on those jeans.

MBW- I just loved reading about you going to the formal dance. Just awesome! Sounds like you were the Belle of the Ball.

Well I was POP yesterday even after going to McD's with Mom and my son. I had a salad and ice tea. Afterwards we went next door to Walmart and I pushed Mom around and whenever she recognized someone we stopped so she could chat with them. There were times I felt like I was pushing a two year old in a stroller though. Every time I pushed her too close to a rack of clothes she would try to grab them. When I asked her why she was doing that she said she wanted to feel them. I said, but your pulling them off the hangers. She said, "that's so you have to pick them Up!" It was then that I told her I was going to duct tape her hands to the handles of the wheelchair. LOL!!! That was a 90 minutes workout for me!
Today is my reward day. My husband is taking me for a drive in the county for reaching my goal on the scale (295 lbs.). I actually reached it over a week ago, but we were to sick to go anywhere.
This morning is my weigh-in morning and I am down 1.5 lbs. this week. Yay Me!!!

Well that's it for me, I hope everyone has a wonderful sunday.

Learn

OnaMi 04-10-2011 06:45 AM

:congrat:Learn,you're out of the 300's :bravo: how did i miss that news :o anyway..I'm so proud of you :hug: I just can't stop smiling now:love: you've found something that works for you and are doing a fantastic job :bravo:That's great you and DH are going out :) have a wonderful time.I bet he is so proud of you :love: and your son :love: the best is yet to come :hug:

Oh,the weather is really hot now,that's why I'm up at 6:30am,to get my exercise in before it gets too hot out.I had stop exercising on Sundays(it was messing w/my time for Church but I've worked it out now since it's daylight saving time) but decided to start back :o I just feel like it messes with my weight loss process when i don't go on Sundays :o just something I've been noticing over the year ;)

That was cute about Mother :D yeah..i think their mind reverts back to a child or something :) I have to treat my Mother And aunt like babies too ;) now all of a sudden,my Aunt is very sensitive :?: everything you say to her hurts her feelings :dizzy: don't know where that came from.:?: anyway..

My Aunt will have her 90th birthday next month and we're giving her a big party.I have the most prettiest dress I'm trying to get into for it.(I'm a good 16 now and some 14's :D) It zips half way up in the back so hopefully by then it will zip all the way :crossed: I'm loving all the bright colors i was afraid to wear before.:)

MBW,glad you had a nice time at the party :)

lynnie923 04-10-2011 06:52 AM

positive thoughts: At first dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable.
— Christopher Reeve (1952-2004) American Actor

Positive action: I lost 6 lbs this week!!!:carrot:

learningtoliveagain 04-10-2011 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnie923 (Post 3800161)
Positive action: I lost 6 lbs this week!!!:carrot:

HIP HIP HOORAY...

SIX POUNDS HAVE GONE AWAY!!!

Congratulations Lynn, what an awesome week you've had!:cb::cp::dancer::encore::cheer3::cheer2::congrat: :bunny2::dance:

lynnie923 04-10-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by learningtoliveagain (Post 3800165)
HIP HIP HOORAY...

SIX POUNDS HAVE GONE AWAY!!!

Congratulations Lynn, what an awesome week you've had!:cb::cp::dancer::encore::cheer3::cheer2::congrat: :bunny2::dance:

Thanks Learn!!!

OnaMi 04-10-2011 08:35 AM

:congrat:Lynnie,awesome job!! :yay:

OnaMi 04-10-2011 08:43 AM

I saw 194.0 after my jog this morning:yay: not gonna change my ticker yet cause i might see 193.? tomorrow..since i haven't had a BM yet:D either way I'm happy cause i know I'll change it to something :lol:

And i boiled/steamed some blue crabs yesterday :cp: I've been wanting to cook some for a long time.I've been eating the crab claw meat out the can but there's nothing like freshly cooked ones :love: I boiled them w/some crushed red pepper flakes..then peeled/cleaned them..sprinkled some garlic,onion,parsley on them.Didn't have to add any salt cause they were salty enough,(but was ready w/the salt-substitute if needed)then melted 2 tbs of ICBINB over the top of them :drool: Saved some for today and froze some :woohoo: Learning how to enjoy the foods i like for life :cp:

Have a great day Everyone :grouphug:

Creating Kayla 04-10-2011 08:50 AM

Good Morning Lovelies!

Happy Sunday to you all! Today is the day I unplug from the internet and get myself organized and ready for the wonderful week to come.

Mad: Sounds like you had a wonderful time dancing the night away. I'm sure you looked absolutely stunning!

Learn: CONGRATS on getting out of the 300s! You are doing great! Keep it up!!

Lynn: 6 pounds?!? That is FANTASTIC! So proud of you!

Ona: Yay!! Happy dance for you! Can't wait to see the ticker move down!

Squirrellee: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope this year brings you everything you wish for and more! :bday2you:

I'm off to enjoy another beautiful day here. After my housework is done and my schedule is set for the week, I fully plan on taking advantage of this sunny day and go for a much needed walk before the rain starts.

As always, I hope everyone has a beautiful day full of laughter and love.

-Kayla :)

lynnie923 04-10-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnaMi (Post 3800233)
:congrat:Lynnie,awesome job!! :yay:

Thanks Ona and Kayla!!! I really tried this week to make sure it was a good week.

Lynn

MadBlackWoman 04-10-2011 12:20 PM

Learn: I am cracking up at the thought of you telling your mom you'd duct tape her hands :lol: And what a great work out from pushing her through the store. Congrats for staying on plan during your outing and, just as importantly CONGRATULATIONS for getting out of the 300s!!! :bravo:

Ona: I admire you for waking up early to take on exercise. That's something I have never been able to do, and I am envious of those who can (I've been a night owl since I was a little kid). I know this sounds like a stupid question, but how do you get ready/motivated to wake up so early on the weekends? I am doing an internship this summer where I will have to be at work by 9am (which is early compared to my school schedule :)) and I would like to be able to work out in the mornings since I don't know when I'll get out of work and we may have an event after work that precludes a gym visit. Oh, and before I forget, CONGRATS on the loss this week!

Lynn :bravo: :congrat: :bravo: :congrat: :bravo: Your hard work is paying off!!!

lynnie923 04-10-2011 01:48 PM

MBW,
I will most definately post pictures but it won't be until after the 3 rd of next month. I am just hoping my face clears up before then.

Lynn

Saracandoit 04-10-2011 03:26 PM

Hello everyone!

Thought I'd poke my head in here and see how everyones doing! It's Sunday and it's not even been a week since I started my dieting and working out and Im down 4 pounds! I'm so HAPPY and I even cheated last night with mexican food! This two weeks are going to be a little hard since my cousins are visiting from Maine ( Im in san diego ) so they want to eat out DAILY. This will be my real test to see if Im as serious as I think I am. So far I think Im doing good! They woke up and went to Old town which is a historical place with tons of nice mexican restaurants and mexican pastry shops. -I- on the other hand decided to go to the gym and check up on this forum. I probably could of gone with them and had a salad or something but, I felt like I needed to work off the big mexican dish from last night ( Not add to it! ). I hope everyone is doing good and keep positive! - Sara

Cakegirl27 04-10-2011 03:30 PM

Afternoon everyone! I'm having a bit of a lazy Sunday. Just relaxing with Lola and Emily. Since I missed so much exercise while being sick I've got to do it almost every day for the rest of the month to meet my goal, so I won't be lazy all day... just don't want to wake up really. :D

Lynn- Congratulations on losing 6 lbs this week!!! Have you tried the wishbone salad spritzers? Its only 15 calories for 10 sprays and you could lightly mist your carrots for a little flavor. When I started I used them for salads and I liked them well enough. They're really watery and they take some getting used to but ranch dressing was my favorite back then and I didn't want to give it up. :) I like reading because it is a good escape. I am a big daydreamer so books just add some structure to where my mind wanders off to anyway. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. I just finished a fantasy one and now I think I'm going to read Gone with the Wind again or perhaps The Devil In the White City which is a true crime novel about H.H. Holmes. I've been on an ebook kick. Amazon has a kindle for pc app for free and they often have free books, usually the classics but occasionally they put some new stuff on. I always have books ready to go in between the ones I want to buy. It's great because my small bookshelf is full and we don't have the space to add another.

Kayla- I'm glad you got to enjoy the warm sunshine yesterday! I hadn't heard of the bands before either. My sister said said she got them through Avon like 10 years ago but as I said I found the same ones on Amazon. The ones I'm getting are called 'slimmers' but its just an adjustable neoprene band with velcro on one end. Grats on finding a nice pair of jeans! Can't beat that price and they fit good too!

MBW- Hey, good luck on your finals! Study hard and you'll do just fine. Sounds like you had a blast at the dance. WTG for planning ahead again and still being able to enjoy your night out! :carrot: I actually read your post at like 2:30 this morning but I was too tired to post. It did make me giggle a little though, thinking about you being all hyper at 2am.

Learn- You know, as cool as it sounds, there's no way I could exercise in a wetsuit. I tend to work out at home so I can wear as little as possible. Yoga pants and a sports bra at most, usually shorts though because I've lost an inch of my height (shhhh!! We aren't telling anyone that yet) and pants tend to trip me up when I'm walking and kicking and all that jazz. They sell clothing lined with neoprene and have like a bike short kind of thing. Those items are all in sizes though and with 100 lbs to go I'd have to keep replacing them. The bands are adjustable so they will scale down with me if that makes sense. I'm trying to be frugal in what I spend on this kind of stuff now knowing I'm going to need new clothes and shoes for every season soon. I love New England, I really do, but you can't live in sweaters during the summer and you can't live in the winter without a heavy coat and boots and the like. Emily is like Gizmo. Five rooms in our house are connected so you could run in circles through the rooms. Well, that's what Emily does constantly. It's her little race track! Emily usually sleeps with me because she's very protective of me. She was my cat before I met my husband and she never lets him forget it either. We got Lola more for my husband since he had never had a pet prior to Emily, so she usually sleeps next to him. Lately though, Lola has been stealing Emily's spot next to me and Emily has been sleeping in the bathroom linen closet on the empty shelf. There's an empty box on it's side in there so she uses it as a little house. We bought them a massive cat tree and she prefers a cardboard box! Cats... can't live with em, can't live without em. Your mom sounds like my father-in-law. After his accident we tried to get him home and were his primary care givers for a few days and pushing him in the wheelchair from the kitchen to the living room was a pain. He grabbed at everything and was a lot like a little kid, looking at everything with wonder almost. Congrats on the loss and a bigger congrats on breaking out of the 300's!:bravo: Enjoy your drive today and the nice weather, you deserve it!

Ona- You're going to look amazing in that dress! I'm glad you were able to work exercise back into your Sunday routine. If you think it helps keep you on track then go for it! :) WTG on the loss this week! The crab sounds delicious. It took me a good minute or two to figure out what ICBINB was. :lol: When it finally dawned on me I face palmed. :D I'm a little slow on the uptake today.

Sara- Congrats on the 4 lb loss!!!! If you do end up going out to eat a lot with your family just make smarter menu choices. Avoid fried and battered food, cream sauces, etc. Stick with grilled lean meats, fish or salads. Ask for veggies instead of fries if possible and remember that while salads are full of veggies, the stuff we put on top isn't necessarily good. Cripsy chicken for example would negate the good of the salad, or using a huge serving of a creamy dressing would rack up the calories. You can ask for the dressing on the side to keep the calories in check. Also, as MBW has done twice this past week and squirellee did for a buffet a week or so ago, you could have a salad and some water before you go out to curb you hunger which will make you less hungry at the restaurants. Whatever you decide, remember that you can do this! Let us know how it goes and enjoy the time with your family. :D Hope that helps a little.

Today has been a nice peaceful day. It can't get better that! :D I'm going to work on my Super Mario afghan after I get my exercise done and then tonight I'm having a movie night with my hubby. He hurt his shoulder pretty badly so he's trying to take it easy today. Tomorrow is going to be super busy for me so I might not post til late night. I've got to 'nag' him (his words, not mine) to get his transcripts transferred to his new school since he's switching in the fall semester and the deadline is May 1st. Then I need to make a million phone calls. I hate calling for take out, let alone contractors and business stuff so this is going to be a trying day for me. Wish me luck and pray my nerves hold out. The fail scale said I'm at 256.6 today which is pretty cool. If it is even remotely close then I'm almost 2/3rds of the way to goal. I know I still have a lot to lose but I personally feel like I'm almost done. It feels to me like its all down hill from here and pretty soon I'll be cruising to the finish line. I like that I can see the cup as half full here instead of half empty and I swear its because you guys have helped me stay positive. Thank you for that. Well, I'm off for now, enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

-J

lynnie923 04-10-2011 04:06 PM

Sara,
Don't ya just love mexican food; i know i do!!! But unfortunately we don't eat it around here because doesn't have a very good reaction the hubby's stomach. I love chicken enchiladas. Hope to see ya post some more.

Cakegirl,
I don't like when being sick messes up a routine I have. Good Luck in getting your time for the month

Lynn