Old 08-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 381/373/150

Default New today! Need all the support I can find!

I have stumbled upon 3FC by typing "fat forum" into Google.. signed up and here I am!

I'm Michelle, nearly 34 from the UK and about to go to Paris for my 1st wedding anniversary (on Thursday!).

I've posted a long intro in the intro section of the forum, which has some of my ramblings, and I plan on getting a blog started when I'm home. (seems I can't post a link until I up my post count!)

I'm a 300+ lady and the thought of having to lose 2 people's worth of weight is a daunting aspect, so I'm going to have to take it a day and a pound at a time.

I look forward to meeting people who are in the same boat as me and (re)starting my weight loss journey
MrsOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #2  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi and Welcome!

Take a look at some of the 300+ boards, the girls there are fantastic, I know you'll find plenty of support there. Look around all the forums and find one that fits you best. You will find plenty of support, motivation and inspiration everywhere here.

Best of Luck!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi! Welcome!
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:10 PM   #4  
futuremamachick

S/C/G: 280/210/150

Height: 5'6

Welcome. This is truly a wonderful and supporting place and I am sure you will find it inspiring. Have fun in Paris! I am so jealous!
steph15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #5  
Do everything in love.

S/C/G: 420/305.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Hi, MrsOrange! Welcome. I completely understand how daunting it is to think about losing so much weight, but you're right in thinking about it as a day and a pound at a time. I'll sometimes start to feel impatient, and then I'll come to the forums and the people here are wonderful and understanding. Daunting as it seems, you'll soon find out how much better you feel after five pounds, ten pounds, etc... The great part is that you don't have to wait until the last pound is lost before you start to look and feel better. I hope you'll find the support, encouragement, and knowledge here amazing and helpful.
ohlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the site!!! Ooh, Paris...I'm jealous, too!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey...you'll find lots of support here.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #7  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Mrs. Orange, glad to meet ya! Everyone is right, this IS a fantastic place to get support!

I'm off to read your intro, but I wanted to second the idea of getting into one of the weekly threads, or my personal favorite "Positive Uplifting Notification". Lots of us get on there every day and share something positive about ourselves, and I have found it to be really motivating and inspiring!

Best of luck to you on this wonderous, difficult, and oh-so-rewarding journey!!!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #8  
GoingTheDistance

S/C/G: 313/252/172

Height: 5'10"

Welcome! Have fun in Paris!
renstwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Hello, I hope you join our exercise thread, it has helped me lose around 70 pounds since the beginning of the year!!
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #10  
nightcrawler

S/C/G: 227/214/140

Height: 5'5"

hello and welcome! you are sooooo fortunate! paris for your anniversary..my husband and i are approaching out 1 year anniversary (on halloween), but we just plan on having a nice little dinner..we can't really afford trips right now, since we are still paying for the wedding..oh well..but yes, 3fc is awesome..i find myself reading all the threads to see what will help me lose my excess weight..anyway, have fun in paris, and as horrible as it sounds, don't start your diet till after you get back..enjoy paris..the food, the sights, your spouse..i know that's what i would do if presented with that opportunity!

have a safe trip!
wikidsnyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

Welcome, MrsOrange! Once your decide to change your lifestyle for good, the fact that the weight won't come off overnight just becomes a minor annoyance. One day you'll wake up and be amazed how far you've come!

Have a blast in gay Pari!
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #12  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Welcome
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/273/130

Height: 5'3"

Same here, support is a great thing, I was looking for weight loss forums! Have fun in Paris! (I take it France and not Texas? )
scraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:04 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 381/373/150

Well, I'm back from Paris... had a lovely time... all the walking about we did each day though made me really aware how much I'd let myself go, and if anything the trip has spurred me on to get this weight gone!

We did the sites and also visited Disneyland Paris which was a lot of fun. I had the major panics "would I fit in the ride?" and the ones I did go on, I was fine, but I avoided the coasters as I didn't want to take the risk of the bar not coming down properly and be embarrassed We are going to florida in August 2010 to do WDW over there, and I want to be able to walk round easily, not panic about rides and not be laid up for days because I've walked too much... it makes me so sad to think I've let myself get this far

We had an awful lot of bread out there, which my body does cope well with at all, and I have put on 5lbs, but I know that a few days of back to normal will get that gone.

On the Saturday we came home, I am ashamed to admit that I could barely move -my legs were aching so much from the walking but I dragged myself to swimming the next day and have been each day since then. I've also started to take a walk during the day at home - hard as it is to tear myself away from work and the computer desk :|

I have a week to go before we are off on our family vacation to a country cottage in Dorset, S.W England, which is self catering so we can be "good" whilst there. I'm currently writing down everything I eat in a "normal" day to see if what I perceive to be what I eat is the case.

My plan now that I'm home is to create a meal plan for maybe a month - I'll plan 30 or so different breakfasts/lunches/dinners and mix them up - I tend to get bored with food easily, so need to chop and change about.

I'm also going to try and find some free time to go through the forum and read threads for ideas and inspiration.

And if anyone could point me in the direction of the weight loss tickers that people have in their signatures that would be great

Last edited by MrsOrange; 08-10-2010 at 06:06 AM.
MrsOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: starting size 18/ Goal size 10

Height: 5'5''

Mrs. Orange Welcome you have found the right place.
I am new also, Good luck with your weight loss journey.
ghost girl is offline   Reply With Quote