Old 06-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #16  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Gah!! I would have been so humiliated. I don't know where you work or what the dynamic is, but it seems like an inappropriate (albeit well-meaning) comment.

I know a lot of people enjoy getting compliments about their loss, especially when they DON'T contain thinly veiled insults, but I would personally prefer for people to never mention it ever. I don't mind when my parents compliment me or my boyfriend, but if anyone else says anything I get fiercely embarrassed and awkward and change the subject ASAP. I don't know why, exactly, but I'd just like to pretend nothing is happening. It's probably a pretty unhealthy way of thinking, but there it is.

Last edited by ParadiseFalls; 06-24-2010 at 11:57 AM.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 420/385/215

Height: 5'7

I got that one yesterday....from my pedicurist....I just smile and said thank you and was secretly thinking 'what do you know - all you eat is rice and fish'
mboeh3281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #18  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboeh3281 View Post
I got that one yesterday....from my pedicurist....I just smile and said thank you and was secretly thinking 'what do you know - all you eat is rice and fish'
Yikes! So, someone says something awkwardly, but most likely meaning well by it and you think something that there is no other way to take it except mean? That is crazy...jmo. If you had said it, then you would have been the rude one...not the pedicurist.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:41 AM   #19  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Gosh, thats one of my biggest motivators to lose weight ! I HATE HATE HATE it when someone says I have a pretty face, becuase the implied rest of the sentence is such a shame your'e so fat !!! People do have problems giving compliments when someone is losing weight. A friend who I don't see very often tried to compliment me the other night. She got very embarrassed when she didn't know what to say. I told her how much weight I'd lost, and she said she didn't want to mention it incase I thought she had thought I was fat at the beginning !!! Go figure
Anyhow what you must remember is that you are losing weight for you. People who made comments, whether they are intended to be nice or not, should not get in the way of your progress.
Go for it girlie, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL !!
sam
x
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #20  

My boss was obviously nosing at my facebook profile the other day and saw a pic of me with short hair, my hair is now very long. She said 'short hair suits you so much better, when its long like that it makes you looks washed out and old' i actually was totally lost for words and told her so. Funny thing is I'm only 38 and am very blessed with good genetic and do not look my age at all, people are always very shocked when i tell them how old i am, this came from a 52 year old woman. Sometimes I think people think that because you are fat they can say what they want. Anyway the point it I feel your pain lol!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr
bigkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #21  
2X4 no more

S/C/G: 320/284/140

Height: 5'4"

I feel sorry for people who are intentionally rude. Weight is hard to lose, but it can be done. Rude people have to undergo a whole attitude/self-righteous/narcissism
adjustment that must really be a total bi*c* to go thru, and the main problem is most of them will never be able to see they need to change, they will go through life wondering why they lose friends, employees,spouses,family members and dates.
Thinking it MUST be EVERYONE else because it could not possibly be THEM. Sad.

You are making changes for the good and healthy. So you are already far ahead in life.
woodgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #22  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

I got that comment just the other week, ON my birthday of all days. I promptly replied with "Well, I guess it is better than having a butter face."

I honestly didn't mean to say that out loud but I had a couple of drinks and was kind of loosy goosy. lol
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 422/398/150

Height: 5'7"

Ahhh! I'm sorry! I would have taken it the same way!
wiezinthejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 AM   #24  

Height: 5'9"

Wow that is sooo rude! Sounds like she was intending to give you a nice compliment but just failed miserably. Gotta feel bad for people like that who have just absolutely no tact lol
coleb is offline   Reply With Quote