Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Good luck today Basketcase with your surgery!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 330/274/200

Height: 5'8"

Thinking of you, basketcase, can't wait to see you back on here and hear how you're doing.

Jacquie - For your "green smoothie," what goes in it and how do you make it? My mom is bringing me a blender this weekend and I'm so excited to finally have a way to make smoothies and hopefully start incorporating more fruit and berries into my diet... I HATE fruit, so I'm hoping to find a way to make it palatable. Veggies are easy for me, but they're always welcome in whatever I'm making

thinmint - that Heeltastic stuff sounds awesome! I spend all day on my feet, and walking is my mode of transportation, so my poor feet are always in rough shape. I spend so much time pumicing them and using lotions and creams and whatnot... I'll definitely check it out!

million - Good luck on losing this week, and congrats on maintaining even after eating out all weekend! I am so excited for you to get under 300, I know you'll get there soon enough and when you do I'll be cheering for you!

CatherineM - oh my god, gusher nosebleeds ARE scary when people aren't used to them. My sister had chronic nosebleeds as a kid. She'd wake up in the morning with blood crusted all down her face and shirt and her pillow soaked and stained, never having woken up through it. It was scary the first few times, then we all kind of got used to it and lined her pillowcases with dark towels so the pillows themselves weren't ruined.

Cuter w Curves - thanks for posting the sizes chart, it's interesting to see how they compare across the different regions.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:17 PM   #18  

Me, I'm having a rough week and it's only Tuesday. My Easter plans have been screwed up, so I don't know that I'll be seeing my family after all. I work a closing shift tonight, which isn't a good for me because I generally go to bed around 9... and a closing shift has me at work until 10. It just saps all my energy. But I need the hours badly, so... I'll do what I can. Luckily working in a coffee shop = lots of caffeine, if necessary. Down two pounds as of yesterday, so that's awesome. But I also found out that on top of her recent diagnosis as diabetic my mom also has a cyst on her pineal gland (in her brain) which is putting pressure on her optic nerves, thereby explaining the messed up vision she's had for months. *Sigh* Would love to just get some good news for once. I hear back from teacher's college this week... hopefully that'll be my good news. I'll let you guys know.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 325/318/220

Height: 5'7

morning all, another beautiful day here in NZ. Makes exercise that much easier. Added on another 10mins of walking and I didn't even know it!! (change of route)

My DH is such a great help with me losing weight, but has requested that i do exercises that don't shrink my butt....I thought it was kinda cute, but I don't want to look like a pear and finding clothes will be even more of a mission.

wildflower- I hope you do get some good news this week, it really uplifts anyone!

goodluck to you too basketcase, not sure what the surgery is but I pray it all goes well.

Good day to you all!!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #20  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

****NSV Alert****

Just thought I would share a little nsv with everyone!! With Easter being this Sunday and all, we usually have an easter egg hunt after our morning service at church. I happen to be the secretary/inventory controller We have the regular plastic eggs that my dad hides every year and we usually put some sort of candy in them! Anyway, I was left with the responsibility of filling them. We had decided on mini cadbury eggs, mini snickers, and new mini dark chocolate raspberry 3 musketeers!! I know right!! I had calculated that if I had one mini musketeer that it would only be about 20 some calories and less than a gram of fat. I had every intention of eating at least one and of course by the time all the eggs were filled there was a pile of left over candy because the eggs were smaller than I realized and we actually got too much candy!

I ultimately decided NOT to eat one because I was afraid if I ate just one, even though they are the mini ones, I would be tempted to have another and another!! I have a KILLER sweet tooth! I just envisioned that one little piece of candy triggering an enormous craving for something I shouldn't have. I have split the rest of the candy up between my dad and DH. I am just not to the point yet where I feel that I could handle that.

Wow, that turned out to be a longer story that I had intended it to be but I just had to share that!! Thank God for His help! I don't want the scale to disappoint me next week when we get weighed!

I hope that everyone else has a wonderful week!! We must stick to our guns!

Last edited by thinmintintraining; 03-30-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:43 PM   #21  

Yay thin for your NSV!!! I'm PMSing and wanting chocolate. GEEEESH.

Casey, glad you had a wonderful day!

Neon, sorry about all the bad news. Sometimes it seems like it all comes raining down at once.

Cuter, wow about the sizes! Interesting information.

Sharon, have you been able to ride your friend's horse at all lately? That cheered you up so much.

Torti, imagine 17 vials of blood lol. That's what I have to give when I do my labs.

Catherine, stop stressing (don't you hate ppl that say that?). You'll get it done, you always do!

Hugs to Million, babble and basket (you must be sore now.. hang in there!).

Hope I got everyone. If I didn't, it's cuz um.. I don't rem now lol.

Luv,
Ratkity
Old 03-30-2010, 10:20 PM   #22  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I have stopped stressing, mostly because in class today I was informed that the paper isn't due for another two weeks. The seminarians needed some more time because of their crushing course load. I'm glad I don't have to take as many classes as they do. I should be able to finish the paper tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:21 AM   #23  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Well, despite a crazy, crazy day at work, and not getting a lunch break.. I still managed to get enough calories in and avoid stuffing myself for dinner. I really wanted to not cook and just go out and get something really quickly but I was reminded that we made a deal about not doing that very thing. I ended up cooking and I'm glad I did. It was much more filling than anything I could have scarfed down from a fast food place.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 348/315/200

Thinmint- That's great. I would have a hard time staying away from the mini creme eggs and stuff.

neon- I'm sorry your plans got messed up, and about working late. I hope that you get some good rest after you get home.

I think my magic bullet is leaking (or else I was too asleep to have the bottom screwed on well enough) as there was milk everywhere when I made my shake this morning. DH said he didn't seem to notice it leaking on him, so maybe it was a sleepy user error.
I started the cleaning for Easter weekend and was happy, found some papers my kiddo made when he was in elementary school. Those cute drawings and things will make you smile.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Brandnewme!! Welcome back!!

Babble: Our magic bullet leaked all the time til hubby put a new gasket on it. I think ours came with like 2 extra ones. I dont use it that much cause ours is so loud! But it does work well.

Stella: congrats on the NSV!! BTW what does NSV stand for? LOL I know what it means but not what the letters stand for.

As for me: I watched biggest looser last night. I was dissapointed about who went home. BUT I think Sam is my favorite. Go SAM!

TOday is a co-workers birthday at work and she loves See's candies. So I stopped and got her a box from all of us in the room. I walk in and this lady comes over and says would you like to try a sample. I said no thanks I can't eat chocolate. SHE gave me this weird look since I was in a chocolate candy store. I said I am buying for my friend..every since I had my galbladder out I cant eat chocolate. She said oh that has to suck lol..I said it sure does.

Just thought that was a funny little story!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:25 PM   #26  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Well had to have my PICC line pulled today... *sigh* So to make myself feel better and to celebrate going under 305 I am driving 3 hours for some hotel naughty with the hubby. LOL

BTW- Yeah the sizing info is kind off eye opening eh?

Last edited by Cuter w Curves; 03-31-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #27  

In spite of the rotten few days, today was wonderful because I got to snuggle a brand new baby boy... Isaac, my best friend's friend Jenn's little man. Well, not so little, he's 9lbs 9oz, born lastnight at 8:54. He had a triple chin, and fat little feet, and the sweetest little lips you've ever seen. I'm in love, again... babies are my weak spot. So today was a great day because of him
Old 03-31-2010, 11:48 PM   #28  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Thanks for the welcome back Cyn!

I'm tired and need to clean up my kitchen so just a quick hello to everyone! I came home with every intention of getting out of cooking , but instead, I looked at the menu on the fridge and went to it. I figured up the amount of money we spent on dinner tonight vs even the cheapest fast food and it was another nice reminder that, even if it doesn't feel like it, it is making an impact in many ways.

I hope everyone is having a good week. The weekend is almost here, and I am sure ready for it. I want to get everything at least planted inside so I can transplant later.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 348/315/200

azcyn-Thank you for the tip, I will have DH look at it. They are loud, but I love mine.

cuter- Enjoy your trip away from home with Hubby.

neon- That's awesome. Holding little newborns will spark your mood up for sure. Enjoy spending time with him.

My days are off in my head with the Holiday coming up. It feels like Thurs. night. I can't wait for everyone to be home Friday w/me though.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:58 AM   #30  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

sounds like everyone's week is gettin a little better and friday is just around the corner

babble - I had that same problem with my bullet and I realized that I didn't have the blade on tight enough. Sometimes it just is operator error but if you weren't awake yet then it's not your fault

brandnewme - I'm glad that you fought back the urge to splurge and cooked your healthy dinner I am learning that no matter how bad I might think I want something I shouldn't have, the feeling of knowing that I can live without it is so much more fulfilling!

cuter - you naughty gurl!!! Hope you have lots of "fun" on your trip!!

I am very excited because I finally got my wii today!! I have been looking and looking and finally found one on craigslist! Seems to be working great, now I just need a few games and I will dance and work myself thin!!

I also had another small NSV (which btw Cyn, means non scale victory ) My BIL is leaving today to go back to afghanistan and my MIL's b-day is tomorrow so her one wish was to have both her boys with her for her special day. We took her to dinner for her b-day! We went to a seafood place which I learned today isn't the best place for a dieter to be but I did good, I am gettin into the habit of asking the waiters about the nutrition info of the food and how it is prepared (you won't know unless you ask) so I was going for the broiled stuff and of course it's prepared with butter and I'm sure lots of it so I had dry broiled fish with cajun seasoning (it was pretty good) I also had a med. sweet potato with a packet of sweetner (no butter) and a little bit of salad (it was mostly BIG chunks of iceberg lettuce which from what I can gather has little to no nutritional value) but I ate a little anyway! And believe it or not, I was just the right amount of full when we left.

I CAN AND WILL DO THIS!! Even though I have never been a "thin" person, I choose to believe that nothing tastes as good as being thin will feel!!! Hang in there chickies, we can endure to the end and beyond!!
Closed Thread