Old 02-27-2010, 05:07 AM   #1  
Ev2

S/C/G: 352/352/135

Height: 4'10''

Default New to this group.

Hi, I am new to the forums. I posted this in the introductions forum as well but I am guessing I will spend my time in here. I have decided to take my life back into my own hands and make some positive changes.

I am 34 years old married to a wonderful man for 15 years and we have 4 great kids.

I have always been a bit over weight by the time I was 27 I was 354 pounds at 28 I had a gastric by pass surgery and lost down to about 160. 2 pregnancies and 7 years later I am back up to 350ish pounds..

I considered another surgery but I have decided to take a deep breath and force myself to loss these pounds naturally. I joined this site to hopefully meet others and so we can encourage each other along the way.

I look forward to getting to know some new people during this life changing time.

E
Ev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hi and welcome. YOu are in the right place. Please join us on the weekly threads. Its easier to get to know one another there and plus you will meet great friends. What plan are you using to lose weight.I am a calorie counter.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Ev2-Welcome, I'm so glad you found your way here.
Some bits of advice...
1. Don't by shy, jump right in, and start posting on the threads. You will never be able to find as many loving and supportive people as you can on this thread, it's amazing how much positive energy it'll add to your life.
2. Come here often, daily if you can..When you have a sense of belonging and inclusion, it makes it easier to have your new changes become your lifestyle.
3. Join and post regularly on our exercise thread. If works if you work it.

If you ever need anything, feel free to reach out at any time.
take care
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #4  
Ready To Be Healthy!!

S/C/G: 312/292/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! There are fantastic people here that have incredible shoulders and great senses of humor!
Willow98248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #5  
Freshly Hatched

S/C/G: 409/249/220

Height: 5'2

Welcome new person!
Zimzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Welcome Ev2! I am fairly new myself, and I have found that just reading the posts here, and scanning people's stories is so uplifting. I don't feel alone in my quest to get healthy. You are lucky to have found this site and we are lucky to have you!
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:17 AM   #7  
Ev2

S/C/G: 352/352/135

Height: 4'10''

thank you for the warm welcome I have not fully decided on my diet plan yet. I am thinking low carbs High protein. and of course counting calories.

I think my biggest issue will be giving up the junk food again and getting my but motivated and exercising. I will just put it out there I am lazy and addicted to mountain dew. I have 2, 2 liters left but after that any I buy will be diet.

I tend to spend my days watching tv and playing PS3 rather than doing things that would actually benefit my health. today that ended.. I have made a promise to myself to do at least 1 hour of something a day that requires physical effort. walking gardening yoga or like i did today deep cleaning in my house.

tomorrow I intend to take my 4 year old to the park and just play for as long as he wants. that should burn some calories for sure.
Ev2 is offline   Reply With Quote