Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1247

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:56 AM   #2  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Heyyyy.. thanks Silver Birch for the well done I am still stunned that I swam 100 lengths

Very happy about the way my exercise plans are going

Have a great week everyone, I'm nearly at my 1200 minutes of exercise for the month.xx
Old 01-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Cyn - That is too bad about your coworker, lol they can be annoying that is for sure. Personally, I think you can tell, but sometimes I think people get fixated on the "new buzz" around the office and put their foot in their mouths. I mean to say that you can't notice that someone has lost 60 pounds doesn't make sense to me, I bet you anything you CAN notice and she just wasn't thinking.

Good morning ladies. I'm up...early. lol..well I NEED to get up earlier, but it is a start yeah? Yeah.

Weekend I didn't do well eating...and I paid dearly for it, sickly, but last night I had this pasta and I was so ill that I don't want to feel like that again so NO more lol. I didn't even have that much..my body just isn't designed for those types of foods. No doubt my weight has gone up, so I'm going to limit my weigh-ins so I don't focus on a number and refocus on just eating well and exercising. Yeah, me the one who is like the black sheep of the exercise world is going to "exercise." :P

Lumps or no lumps, I gotta do it. Blah! My boyfriend is starting to see that I do cope with a lot and it isn't just all excuses. When I'm sick, I'm sick, and need a little bit of a help and support. We'll see...

I get three channels at home, all NBC, and have been watching the Figure Skating and things. Looks like the U.S.A. has two nice ladies to represent us in the single ladies, young ladies. Woosh. 16 and 17... Other than that I try to avoid the Luge and Skiing and Snowboarding as much as possible lol, which has been on like 24/7 lol. The other channel i get is NY Nonstop, which I don't get why that call it that as most of the time they have shows about other cities and it "stops" when the paid advertising comes on. :/ lol...

A lot of work to do today and have to call up insurance and OBGYN later. BLAH! I got this bill that is like so confusing...I don't know what I owe or what... *sighs* They make things so overly complicated when really it shouldn't be.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'6

Emily ~ Way to go the 100 lengths! That is wonderful!!

Another rainy day for me here in MI. Guess I will be doing some dancing with the wii to get a work out in before bed. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #5  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

Well, this is the first week since I started this journey that I lost NOTHING! I am so bummed. I know it had to happen eventually, but I just can't find a good reason why it was 0. I kept to my daily diet and I exercised the same or a little more than I normally do, (still not up to 5 days a week, but no different than any of the other weeks). I feel deflated to think I worked this hard and saw nothing. Even over Christmas when I fell off the wagon a bit I lost a pound. I am not going to let this get me down though. I started my day like I always do and packed my low fat low cal lunch for work. I guess I am looking for someone to tell me they have had the same thing happen and the next week was better, or some suggestions on things I should change or try.

Thanks Everyone!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Kristi, hormones? I have fab losses when I'm good but every so often I get a '0' or +1 for no reason, hang in there. ps I'm brunette, so's hubby, we have three blonde sons!xxxxx
Weighed in & only lost 1lb, as I lost 9 last week I'm hoping it's hormones & my body 'catching up'. We all know it drops off on low carb the first few weeks.
xxxxxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 01-25-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #7  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm still struggling. It's as if I'm coasting because I know that we are having our last party in 2 weeks, and I know that will mess me up, so I'm just trying to maintain right now. I'm getting my exercise in, and if I eat too much, at least it is the right stuff.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineM View Post
I'm still struggling. It's as if I'm coasting because I know that we are having our last party in 2 weeks, and I know that will mess me up, so I'm just trying to maintain right now. I'm getting my exercise in, and if I eat too much, at least it is the right stuff.
Did you take those words out of my mouth Catherine? I know we're on vacation next week - holding my own - but barely.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #9  
Slow and Steady

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo1 View Post
Kristi, hormones? I have fab losses when I'm good but every so often I get a '0' or +1 for no reason, hang in there. ps I'm brunette, so's hubby, we have three blonde sons!xxxxx
Weighed in & only lost 1lb, as I lost 9 last week I'm hoping it's hormones & my body 'catching up'. We all know it drops off on low carb the first few weeks.
xxxxxxxxsharon
I talked with some girls at work today and they also suggested hormones. I'm just hoping when it does release it gets me under 300!

Isn't it so wierd to have blonde kids? I feel like people look at me sometimes like, those can't possibly be yours, LOL.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #10  

G'morning my Peeps!

GGG, you might be low on sunshine exposure. A little extra vitamin D might help, but in the long run.. sunshine is the best medicine. I hope the blahs will lift as soon as you are on your vacation!

Chaos, your kiddos are gorgeous! My sis and her DH have a blonde beauty too and they both have dark hair and dark eyes.

Emily (I wanna call you Emmy for some reason) wtg on the swimming!!!!

Jacquie, I love to hear about your veggie recipes and raw eating (sounds weird, but you know what I mean) lol.

Catherine, why are choices so hard to make at the time? My rational head tells me what is good for me and my inner bratty child grabs the bad stuff.

Sharon, xxxooo, I hope your family stuff is settling down.

Letsee.. I have 1 week to WLS. I'm not totally freaking out, but little stuff has me wanting to pick up comfort food. I'm as prepared as I can be; armed with information about supplements, stages of healing, what foods cause the most trouble for folks, recipes when I get on pureed food.... I have lists and more lists! Mom and Dad are coming up for the first week. Sister will help 2nd week. I'll try to get online and let you know how things go! Feb 2nd is surgery, and I'll be sprung from the hospital on the 5th barring complications. Most of my house is clean enough for Mom. The cleaning ladies are coming an extra day to help with floors.

Phew.. I think that's all for now!

Hugs,
Ratkity
Old 01-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Rat: we will be thinking of you for sure!! I know you will be fine

As for me: Watching TBL in a few and going to sew as I watch.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #12  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

They had a potluck at school today. 90% of my classmates are young male seminarians, so you can imagine the kind of food they brought. One thing was some kind of potato dish with as much cheese as potatoes all covered with corn flakes. At least I didn't have a problem passing that up.

I need to shovel snow, and will probably get a chance tomorrow. That's always good for burning a few calories.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:21 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Had a 'bad' day Monday, depressed, upset etc... Anyway yesterday I got my jeans dirty, other two pair which fit were wet so I tried on a pair which had been too tight since before Christmas & they FIT!!!!! AND they were comfy, I could breathe in them! I was so happy.
Gotta go but hugs Ratkitty, soon you'l be wearing SMALL sizes!
xxxxxsharon
Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 AM   #14  
Slow and Steady

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo1 View Post
Anyway yesterday I got my jeans dirty, other two pair which fit were wet so I tried on a pair which had been too tight since before Christmas & they FIT!!!!! AND they were comfy, I could breathe in them! I was so happy.
xxxxxsharon
Isn't that the best feeling ever? I have had a couple moments like that in the past 2 months and it really helped encourage me to keep going. I have run out of clothes in the next size down because I hadn't kept very many. I went out shopping and was so thrilled to be shopping in a smaller size, I can't even begin to imagine what it will feel like to leave the plus size section.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

hi ladies, sorry i havent posted in a while but my computer at home is down so i use my wii to go on the internet and its a pain to use the on screen keyboard to type things out but I wanted to come on here to tell you guys that i got back on track last friday with my diet and exercise and so far i have lost a little over 5 lbs!!(I think some of that is water weight) so I am now 1 lb away from the weight I was before xmas which was 280 and today i am 281.8 so i hope to be in the 270's by next friday (Feb 5th)
Hope everyone is well
Ratkitten-good luck with your WLS
Heather
Closed Thread