Old 09-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Well, this is just a rough idea that I've had floating around in my head today...trying to step away from a food/exercise challenge; trying to re-inforce positive thinking. Perhaps share some NSVs we've had within the past 7 days, or making a list of reasons we are wanting to get healthy, or something of that nature? Again, just a rough idea, so feel free to build on it, or just throw it out. lol.
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #77  

And dgramie...that is an awesome spin on the challenge today. Really! I eat SO fast. Perhaps I'll try to do that tomorrow.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #78  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

GG,
Well I lucked up on that one because I did try a new recipe. Wow, I did not miss it. Yay Yay Yay
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Kayley - I like the idea - sometimes we are so hard on ourselves. Ags is the starter of the positive thread so this is good for all of us.

Today's challenge - Let's find something positive with us! Share an NSV that maybe you've not even acknowledged to yourself.

This one is gonna be fun!

Have a great day - and if anyone sees a whoosh I've been looking for it - send it this way.
gggirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #80  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

Default To late to take up challenge?

can I join?

I am really working on the positive and I think that working towards a goal, might be good!

I am gonna to try to start with walking 30mins of walking - wow, walking 30min - that is challenging....... I think I can, I think I can!

Goal: Walk 30min a day
Goal: drink more water - cut back on soda
Goal: focus on the positive!
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

^^ Yup we would love you to join! It is a lot of fun and we have daily challenges, some are about making us feel good, others about us kicking it up a notch as Kaleystar says.

WELCOME!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #82  

Lost - of course you can share this challenge with us!

I'm still shaking my head in amazement - my water class just wasn't gonna work after getting new highlights this morning (you'd think I was the bride). Didn't want to end up with green hair. So I mowed our yard - then walked down the street and mowed my folks yard and while I was there mowed their neighbors yard (she's been a great neighbor to my folks). A year ago never in a million years would I have entertained that notion - one - let alone 3. All done and with the walk there and back - 70 wonderful minutes. It's not even the exercise that feels the best - IT'S HAVING DONE IT.

Read it in my sig - success is a choice - today especially I feel like I CHOSE IT.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #83  

That's just awesome, Carol!

Well, I posted on the main thread that this week, my jeans are fitting once again...so I'm still pretty excited about that. But today, when working out, I just began to feel so much stronger, and this sense of empowerment just came over me, and it's so hard to explain the feeling...but I feel incredible.

I know that I will be successful. The weight isn't going to come off overnight, but I WILL BE A SUCCESS STORY!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #84  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Today my focus was on getting my self confidence back, and the positive is, IT IS WORKING!!!! I was happy we me just being me.

Then I turned my focus on others less fortunate than myself right now and donated three boxes of food to the foodbank, packed with all kinds of good stuff just like I buy for myself. This brought a smile to my face and heart,

Great Job Carol on all your hard work and kindness.

Kayleystar, Yes you will be a success, better than that, you already are!!!!
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #85  

Yes! We ALL are success stories!

Not many people chimed in today; where is everyone?!

And tomorrow's challenge?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #86  

I have a lot of challenges facing me today - today is day before the big wedding day. My niece is picking me up about 6 to go to water class - positive - have exercise out of the way! Then manicure/pedicures - then I'll take her mil to be to a fall festival (she's crafty and wants to see how it's done in the big city - lol) and then rehearsal and dinner.

How about getting all your fruits/veggies in today - that will be a challenge for me. Work for everyone? If not please feel free to change it.

I'm off to enjoy my day - I'll check in on you all later.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:03 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Today I made myself, well yesterday, stand in the mirror and smile at myself. I've been feeling very negative about myself lately and I'm gaining back my confidence. I also took the time to plan my meals for two weeks, I'm excited about that.

Feeling icky with soo many cooked foods, so I'm moving into a balanced two weeks of raw and cooked. Mostly raw haha. Love salads.

Yay fruits and veggies! All i eat, but I need to eat!
Jacquie668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #88  

Jacquie - wow that is great - I actually tried to do the same today - not very successfully.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:22 AM   #89  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Default How many fruits and veggies is one supposed to eat?

You know, It has been a REALLY long time since I ate healthy...... I don't even know how many fruits and vegetables a person is supposed to eat.....(now if you want to know how many little debbie snack cakes come in a box I could tell you that )

is it 5 a day? or is that just veggies and its something different for fruit? is there a good (reasonable) website with the current food pyramid?
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #90  

Sounds good, Carol!

lostbutstilltrying
- Hey! Welcome! I figured out my daily fruits/veggies at this site: http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/